Mistake? Is it really 1.5?

Shows 750ml now.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
kylemittskus wrote:Shows 750ml now.

Meant one-point-five, not magnum.

Just called them, and...sorry, they don't seem to know what they're talking about.

jlweiner1

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jlweiner1

Any comments on the albarino currently offered on WTSO. Good price and sounds good!

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis
rjquillin wrote:But how does Story fit in?

Robert Storey Cellars is a trademark of Newman Wine and Spirits. So is Castlebank, Mockingbird Hill. Wines that WTSO sells and that Jonathan Newman gives glowing reviews to. Connect the dots.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

2006 Eagles Trace Napa Cabernet $35/bottle on WTSO, buy 2, get free shipping.

Think I'm going in on this....old school high end Napa cab, very age worthy stuff.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

Last Bottle has a really tempting Marsanne offer, but I must pass.

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:2006 Eagles Trace Napa Cabernet $35/bottle on WTSO, buy 2, get free shipping.

Think I'm going in on this....old school high end Napa cab, very age worthy stuff.

.... because you certainly don't have enough old school high end age worthy Napa cabernet .... . Oh wait, that is 40% of your cellar.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:Last Bottle has a really tempting Marsanne offer, but I must pass.

Everything I have had that Villiard has done is great. This could be good!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

Score! Buena Vista sale
Link web version of the email
Link to the store page

They have the 2006 Ramal Pinot for $15/bot or 6/$60. Same for the 2008 Ramal Musque Chard.
Case shipping to me in NY is $49 and tax is $15 so my total is $184= $15.33 a bottle.
About the same as the 2007 Pinot when it was on wineshopper with free shipping.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
Cesare wrote:Score! Buena Vista sale
Link to the store page

They have the 2006 Ramal Pinot for $15/bot or 6/$60. Same for the 2008 Ramal Musque Chard.
Case shipping to me in NY is $49 and tax is $15 so my total is $184= $15.33 a bottle.

Awesome! Thanks Cesare!

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jawlz

quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
Link to the store page

Wow, good deal. In for half a case of pinot and half a case of chard. $32 shipping and $9.60 tax here in California, so works out to $13.47/bottle.

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
Link to the store page

These were $24 on Invino Sept 2013. Here 23.25 to ship to SoCal and tax, so 14.80/ea/6-pack.
Any FS or discount coupons in the wild?
How are they drinking now?

CT

kylemittskus

I will not buy. I will not buy. I will not buy.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:I will not buy. I will not buy. I will not buy.

I am constantly surprised to keep seeing you post in this thread...

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

I've never tried this Pinot. Is it worth a blind buy? CT notes look promising.

kylemittskus

joelsisk wrote:I am constantly surprised to keep seeing you post in this thread...

It's like an attractive woman in a bikini. I can look but I can't touch.

moondigger

moondigger wrote:I've never tried this Pinot. Is it worth a blind buy? CT notes look promising.

Actually, now I'm a little confused by the CT notes. If you search CT for "2006 Buena Vista Pinot Noir Ramal" there are six hits. This looks like the straight "Ramal Vineyard" bottling with no 'embellishments,' like "Swan Selection" or "Clone 828." But there are only three notes listed for the straight bottling. Can somebody clarify if I'm looking at the right notes? -->This<-- is the one I think is correct.

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim
kylemittskus wrote:It's like an attractive woman in a bikini. I can look but I can't touch.

If you have as much difficulty not-touching as you have not-buying, you should probably never leave your house.

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
Link to the store page

At winery price these aren't great value, but at $10 + tax/ship this is a great buy. Dammit. I'll help somebody with 2-3 bottles. Like I have anywhere to put them. Sheesh. Why do I keep checking this thread?

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

moondigger wrote:Actually, now I'm a little confused by the CT notes. If you search CT for "2006 Buena Vista Pinot Noir Ramal" there are six hits. This looks like the straight "Ramal Vineyard" bottling with no 'embellishments,' like "Swan Selection" or "Clone 828." But there are only three notes listed for the straight bottling. Can somebody clarify if I'm looking at the right notes? -->This<-- is the one I think is correct.

Yes, they bottle different clones of PN separately. This appears to be the blend of clones, so no further designation beyond vineyard is needed. The one you linked to appears to be correct.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

chemvictim wrote:If you have as much difficulty not-touching as you have not-buying, you should probably never leave your house.

Hahaha! Touche. In my defense, I passed on the LB offer and I'm passing on the BV offer, too.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
Link to the store page

Seems like a good deal...anyone in Seattle want split the chard?

moondigger

klezman wrote:Yes, they bottle different clones of PN separately. This appears to be the blend of clones, so no further designation beyond vineyard is needed. The one you linked to appears to be correct.

Okay... that being the case, I'm still confused. The enthusiasm for this wine here appears to be strong, but the scant three tasting notes in the CT link don't seem to reflect a must-buy wine. Is this worth a blind buy? Pinot used to be my favorite varietal 8-12 years ago, when I really liked Saintsbury (to pick a Cali Pinot as an example). Since then I've gravitated toward fuller-bodied varietals, but still like the occasional bottle of Pinot.

Thanks --

bsevern

Like the BV sale, but no password

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
moondigger wrote:Actually, now I'm a little confused by the CT notes. If you search CT for "2006 Buena Vista Pinot Noir Ramal" there are six hits. This looks like the straight "Ramal Vineyard" bottling with no 'embellishments,' like "Swan Selection" or "Clone 828." But there are only three notes listed for the straight bottling. Can somebody clarify if I'm looking at the right notes? -->This<-- is the one I think is correct.

I don't think that's the one. In the picture on the sale site, you can barely read (on the left of the bottle) Estate Vineyard Series. So I think the proper listing is -->This<--. That's backed up by 179 purchases and 25 tasting notes.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

klezman

merbill wrote:I don't think that's the one. In the picture on the sale site, you can barely read (on the left of the bottle) Estate Vineyard Series. So I think the proper listing is -->This<--. That's backed up by 179 purchases and 25 tasting notes.

They're the same wine, I think - it's a dupe in CT. Not an uncommon occurrence...

bsevern

Wow...shipping's a killer on the BV sale, $64 for two cases, and I live less then two hours away.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:They're the same wine, I think - it's a dupe in CT. Not an uncommon occurrence...

Any interest in the chard?

Also for general info (not just for klezman), 2 DeLoach Pinots (including 1 vineyard designate) and a 2000 Raymond Merlot are also on sale.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

Cesare

quality posts: 1650 Private Messages Cesare

The correct wine is the one merbill provided.
2006 Buena Vista Pinot Noir Estate Vineyard Series Ramal Vineyard (Classic link)
The other one is a duplicate.
The correct series has all the vintages, label images, upc code, purchases, etc etc. It also has the most tasting notes. 23 for the 06 and 47 for the 07, and 22 for the 05.
Those are the 3 vintages I've had and they are all spectacular.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

moondigger

Cesare wrote:The correct wine is the one merbill provided. [...] Those are the 3 vintages I've had and they are all spectacular.

Thanks, Cesare. I placed an order for six. Having never tasted it before, I would have preferred to order only two or three, but after shipping and tax (plus the extra $5 per bottle for ordering fewer than six), it wouldn't have been much of a deal.

Anybody in the Utica/Rome/Syracuse area of New York want two or three bottles?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
kittymac wrote:Seems like a good deal...anyone in Seattle want split the chard?

L - Often i would be interested but after the last month SIWBM rules. Unless we have more gatherings to help deplete my inventory.

tytiger58

bsevern wrote:2006 Eagles Trace Napa Cabernet $35/bottle on WTSO, buy 2, get free shipping.

Awww damn I had to buy 3, had it in my cart 2 times today and backed out, but I love Andersons Conn Valley wines...i'm weak

Edit: speaking of weak Kyle do you want one have you tried the 06 Acv I traded with you a couple of years ago??

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:Edit: speaking of weak Kyle do you want one have you tried the 06 Acv I traded with you a couple of years ago??

No and no. That baby is sleeping in the cellar and I am staying strong (after the SQN and 2 Prados, of course).

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Awww damn I had to buy 3, had it in my cart 2 times today and backed out, but I love Andersons Conn Valley wines...i'm weak

Edit: speaking of weak Kyle do you want one have you tried the 06 Acv I traded with you a couple of years ago??

If wyou end up with an extra...

CT

klezman

merbill wrote:Any interest in the chard?

Also for general info (not just for klezman), 2 DeLoach Pinots (including 1 vineyard designate) and a 2000 Raymond Merlot are also on sale.

Can't do the Chard untasted - molarchae is very picky on the Chards she likes. Even more than I am. I don't recall their style, unfortunately. I am curious about the DeLoach Pinots, since I did just taste a few there during barrel tasting weekend.

My first choice would still be 2-3 bottles of the Buena Vista PN. I'd take a bottle of the DeLoach Le Roi also. But then again, I shouldn't be buying

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:If wyou end up with an extra...

Of course, you have one.

bsevern

Considering getting three cases from the Boisset Family Estates sale.

Might have extra 2000 Raymond Napa Reserve Merlot, and 2006 DeLoach Le Roi Pinot for anyone local.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:No and no. That baby is sleeping in the cellar and I am staying strong (after the SQN and 2 Prados, of course).

SQN? Sine Qua Non? Where did you find this?!

kylemittskus

loveladyelectric wrote:SQN? Sine Qua Non? Where did you find this?!

Yep. A 375 ml of Mr. K. for the bargain price of $109 + tax. Ouch!!!!! It came from LB during the marathon. It is the prize of my cellar and the death of me if SWMBO finds out.