funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
bsevern wrote:Jon makes his whites in French style, so no Napa/Auzzie grapefruit bombs. His Zin is outstanding, his chards are nice, the Viognier was really good.

I haven't had great luck with the Oriel wines. I thought about going in on the LB deal, but the CT reviews convinced me to save my $$ for the Inspiration sale

Thinking about getting a case with 8 bottles of the Zin, and a mix of whites to finish the case deal if that's any indication of preference.

His 08 zin is fantastic. I also enjoyed his chardonnay I tasted when he was in chicago this past fall but unfortunately the signed bottle I bought seems to have disappeared. I've been racking my brain trying to figure out if I gave it to someone over the holidays but can't remember and frankly don't know why I would. I wanted it for myself.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

WTSO has the 2012 Domaine du Garde Temps Côtes de Provence Tourbillon right now for $11 with free shipping on four. It's a beautiful rosé, which several others around here also enjoyed last year. I have not tried this vintage, but I loved the 2011 - bought a case of it from WTSO which is now severely diminished. I ordered four.

CT link for the 2011:

https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1371069

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Does anyone have any thoughts about the 2011 Mouton Noir Love Drunk Willamette Valley Rosé Trio on lot18?

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
kittymac wrote:Does anyone have any thoughts about the 2011 Mouton Noir Love Drunk Willamette Valley Rosé Trio on lot18?

My thought is that I sure would like to try it. Free ship or a random $10 credit would seal the deal.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Total Wine just opened a B&M store nearby and had a friends and family 30% off one night discount on their "direct" wines. I was lucky to be there that night, dont think it is advertised, you have to ask for the voucher when in the store, I think it was around 10-15 days after the store really opened. Its basically the employee discount. They sent coupons for $10 off $50 on wine to local zip codes and have 10% off coupons on their website.

blakewoot

Nice grenache deal on Cinderella this morning: La-peira Obriers Terrasses Du Larzac Coteaux Languedoc 2008, $16.88 with free shipping on 3.

My note from previous buy: PnP. Deep, dark red. Subtle, intriguing herbs and spices on the nose. Nice acidic start, black tea and minerals on top of buried dark fruit on the palate. Complex and balanced, almost crosses into Pinot Noir territory - but not quite: it's still grenache. Nice long finish with drying, tingly tannins. An elegant wine with solid QPR at $20 from Cinderella Wine.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2007 Torii Mor Pinot La Colina for $26 on LB. FS on 4. Would be down for a bottle if other Bay Area folks are interested.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
trifecta wrote:2007 Torii Mor Pinot La Colina for $26 on LB. FS on 4. Would be down for a bottle if other Bay Area folks are interested.

I might be interested in one. Let me know if you find a person for the last one?

Neal K Bharadwaj

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
trifecta wrote:2007 Torii Mor Pinot La Colina for $26 on LB. FS on 4. Would be down for a bottle if other Bay Area folks are interested.

That takes care of Christmas dinner wine for us!!!

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I could take one or two, I like Torii Mor Pinot quite a bit.

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

wtso has a cab for 19.99

Robert Storey Cabernet
Sonoma Valley 2011
By Ty Caton
Free Shipping on 4 or more

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Last Bottle has the Nicolette Christopher Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (Napa Valley) for $24, free shipping on 6. Seems like a nice price. Tasting notes on CT are all from the same person, but he seemed to like it. Seems like a good deal on a Napa cab.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
loveladyelectric wrote:Last Bottle has the Nicolette Christopher Cabernet Sauvignon 2005 (Napa Valley) for $24, free shipping on 6. Seems like a nice price. Tasting notes on CT are all from the same person, but he seemed to like it. Seems like a good deal on a Napa cab.

I bought 2 and sucked up the shipping charge. I've really been digging 2005 Napa Cabs lately.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

Interesting offer on WTSO, $20 fs/4
Robert Storey Cabernet
Sonoma Valley 2011 By Ty Caton
Huh, by Ty!?

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Interesting offer on WTSO, $20 fs/4
Robert Storey Cabernet
Huh, by Ty!?

Tempting, but other Robert Storey reviews are not encouraging.

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
rc70 wrote:wtso has a cab for 19.99

Robert Storey Cabernet
Sonoma Valley 2011
By Ty Caton
Free Shipping on 4 or more

I will let you know in a few years if it was worth it - could not resist the Ty

This 100% Cabernet Sauvignon from Ty Caton is from Kristen’s Vineyard (named for Ty’s wife) which sits atop a 2,000 ft. elevation in the Mayacamas Mountain

redwinefan

rjquillin wrote:Interesting offer on WTSO, $20 fs/4
Robert Storey Cabernet
Huh, by Ty!?

The love affair between Ty and WTSO continues

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
redwinefan wrote:The love affair between Ty and WTSO continues

Indeed... WD should try to coax Kent Rasmussen out of hiding.

noslensj

quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
chipgreen wrote:Indeed... WD should try to coax Kent Rasmussen out of hiding.

Provided he doesn't exploit wine.woot as a venue to get rid of hos "1001" pinot noir.

rjquillin

redwinefan wrote:The love affair between Ty and WTSO continues

But how does Story fit in?

CT

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20
noslensj wrote:Provided he doesn't exploit wine.woot as a venue to get rid of hos "1001" pinot noir.

His Ramsay Pinot is much better and somewhat available in select stores.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman
noslensj wrote:Provided he doesn't exploit wine.woot as a venue to get rid of hos "1001" pinot noir.

That seemed to be a mixed lot - my labrat bottle of that was good, convinced me to purchase, and my 4 bottles were all quite nice.

But yes...more Kent! Especially his KR label Pinot! Please!

Edit: Or not, since I'm not supposed to buy anything.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

Worst wine I've ever purchased off Woot. Down the drain went most of it.

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan

+1+1+1+1 That was rot imho

rjquillin

Anyone else get email for C.G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery for two each of;

• '06 Shenandoah Valley Zin
  • '05 Sierra Foothills Syrah
  • '09 Interlude

for $99 shipped and thinking about picking up some?

CT

klezman

quality posts: 131 Private Messages klezman

Halcon 2011 GSM blend on lastbottle. If anybody wants an invite let me know...

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

2011 Halcon Esquisto GSM for $25 on LB. FS on 4

I know there are some Halcon fans around here. Anyone tried this or a previous vintage?

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Anyone else get email for C.G. Di Arie Vineyard & Winery for two each of;
  • '06 Shenandoah Valley Zin
  • '05 Sierra Foothills Syrah
  • '09 Interlude

for $99 shipped and thinking about picking up some?

I haven't had his Syrah or blend, but his PS and Zin are great values. He is doing a tasting locally tomorrow night that we will probably check out. Hopefully these will be on the tasting list so we can decide afterward.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
klezman wrote:Halcon 2011 GSM blend on lastbottle. If anybody wants an invite let me know...

Big fan of the Syrah. If this is a fraction as good, it's worth it.

In for four.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
trifecta wrote:2011 Halcon Esquisto GSM for $25 on LB. FS on 4

I know there are some Halcon fans around here. Anyone tried this or a previous vintage?

No previous vintage exist. This is Paul's first GSM. I have 2, but haven't opened one yet.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

blakewoot

kylemittskus wrote:No previous vintage exist. This is Paul's first GSM. I have 2, but haven't opened one yet.

I am drinking it at this moment - saw this thread and decided to open one of the two I picked up at the LB March Madness thing.

It's young. And delicious. Lighter than the Alturas, but with an equally individual character. If you like Halcon, go for it.

I'll give it a while to open up, then I'll post a full tasting note on CT. Meanwhile, I'm mulling over picking up four more...

Edit: (My CT note) PnP. Ruby colored in the glass. Black pepper, alcohol, and a hint of something green on the nose. Bright acids, dark fruit and considerable tannins on the palate. A nice medium+ finish which has a high sweet note of caramel. I'll probably wait at least six months before opening my next bottle of this, but it has terrific upside potential. 91+.

Edit2: this bottle is opening up and becoming really great. I went and bought six bottles more.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:No previous vintage exist. This is Paul's first GSM. I have 2, but haven't opened one yet.

True but I do have 5 of the 2010 Halcon Vineyards Mourvedre Esquisto resting in my cellar...got to try one of those this weekend

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 234 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:True but I do have 5 of the 2010 Halcon Vineyards Mourvedre Esquisto resting in my cellar...got to try one of those this weekend

I totally forgot about that wine. Open one so I know how many more years I should hold mine.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:I totally forgot about that wine. Open one so I know how many more years I should hold mine.

Where is the rofl emoticon

Edit:

....jerk

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:True but I do have 5 of the 2010 Halcon Vineyards Mourvedre Esquisto resting in my cellar...got to try one of those this weekend

Still up on LB, any thoughts yet?

CT

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tytiger58 wrote:Where is the rofl emoticon

This one?

or this one?

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tytiger58

ddeuddeg wrote:This one?

or this one?

Thank you!

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Still up on LB, any thoughts yet?

My thoughts are it's going to be real good when I get a chance to pop one

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Just noticed Scott Harvey made this year's ZAP Heritage zin. They have pre-orders now.

CT

trifecta

Halcon is back up on LB in case anyone needed another chance.