cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone checked out the mini-bottle offers on Invino.com? Looks like the old TastingRoom inventory.

It looks tempting. For me here in California it means getting 48 50-mL bottles for just 90 bucks.

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone checked out the mini-bottle offers on Invino.com? Looks like the old TastingRoom inventory.

The question is what the hell do I do with 48 50-ml bottles??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:The question is what the hell do I do with 48 50-ml bottles??

I don't know about 48, but if you buy 30 times that you can pretend to be mini Sparky

But in all seriousness, this is daily drinker fodder for people who like Variety

$10/ set is also the cheapest you'll ever find these

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 113 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:I have paid them for the futures. Came out to the exact total we calculated. I will email you later today if I remember. Did you stop at Inman when you were out there at Harvest Moon last time? Seriously good juice. Maybe next time.

No, Inman was next on the list but we spend so much time with Randy we didn't have the chance.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tytiger58 wrote:The question is what the hell do I do with 48 50-ml bottles??

50ml is well under 3oz, so you can attempt to smuggle them through TSA by taking the labels off and enjoy a little wine tasting mid-flight.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:50ml is well under 3oz, so you can attempt to smuggle them through TSA by taking the labels off and enjoy a little wine tasting mid-flight.

Not a bad idea... I did a livingsocial deal on these last year, two for $30 delivered, but was able to get high end Napa cabs. It was fun, but in the end, the bottles are so tiny, well...they're really tiny

bsevern

Anyone in the southbay want to do an Artisan Wine Depot split on a mixed case of pinot???

They're offering the "Intellect's Treasure Trove: Collection of 12 Exemplary Pinot Noirs" which is two bottles of six different pinots, and it looks to be a great deal, as the already discounted price per bottle outside of the package equates to $218 for the case, and they're offering the case for an even deeper discount at $169!

https://www.artisanwinedepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PINOTTREASURETROVE12PK-W

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:50ml is well under 3oz, so you can attempt to smuggle them through TSA by taking the labels off and enjoy a little wine tasting mid-flight.

Winner!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

quality posts: 152 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Anyone in the southbay want to do an Artisan Wine Depot split on a mixed case of pinot???

They're offering the "Intellect's Treasure Trove: Collection of 12 Exemplary Pinot Noirs" which is two bottles of six different pinots, and it looks to be a great deal, as the already discounted price per bottle outside of the package equates to $218 for the case, and they're offering the case for an even deeper discount at $169!

https://www.artisanwinedepot.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PINOTTREASURETROVE12PK-W

It may take a while before I'm up again, but I'll split.

CT

bsevern

Not inexpensive, but easily half price for a premiere Napa Valley Bordeaux blend offered by WTSO:

Eagles Trace 'Latitude 38' Two-Pack V. 2005 & 2006 Bordeaux Style Red
Conn Valley Free Shipping $84.99

I caved and went in for two

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:I caved and went in for two

Did you get the Artisan Wine Depot above?

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Did you get the Artisan Wine Depot above?

Going to the store this weekend to check it out...after I did a CT lookup, there are a couple of the bottles that are less then stellar. I'll check it out at the store and let you know if I go in on it.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 47 Private Messages jmdavidson

Up right now on WTSO is an aged tempranillo: Spanish Red 'Old Vines' Matarredonda Libranza
Tempranillo 2003 - 92 WA! Free Shipping on 4 or more for $15.99 a bottle. Very positive CT reviews. Seems like a very good deal for a 10 year old wine. Some of the older tempranillos I've had have been very,very good.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

If you are in the Seattle area....... Think cases of the killer an are $96. It's a nice daily drinker.

This Weekend April 5 & 6
2741 152ND AVE, NE SUITE 5-B
Redmond WA 98052
10:00AM - 5:00PM

Future sale dates are subject to remaining inventory. This is a liquidation sale inventory is limited, once it's gone it's gone.
April 19th & 20th
May 3rd & 4th
May 17th & 18th
May 31st & June 1st
Dates subject to change, sales are subject to remaining inventory
For bulk orders and questions please email whitmanwine@yahoo.com

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

Does anybody have any notes about the current WTSO offering, the 2010 Ridgeline "Lone Pine" Reserve Cabernet? There are lots of good notes on the net for the 2007 vintage, but I can't find anything on the 2010. (Probably because it was just released, but maybe somebody from the west coast knows something about it?) Thanks.

kaolis

quality posts: 21 Private Messages kaolis
moondigger wrote:Does anybody have any notes about the current WTSO offering, the 2010 Ridgeline "Lone Pine" Reserve Cabernet? There are lots of good notes on the net for the 2007 vintage, but I can't find anything on the 2010. (Probably because it was just released, but maybe somebody from the west coast knows something about it?) Thanks.

I was checking this offer out as well. The wine on WTSO today is listed as Napa Valley. The previous "Lone Pine" offers are labeled Alexander Valley. At least what I've dug up so far. And with identical vineyard blurbs.

bsevern

WTSO has Maroon Cabernet 2008
Proprietary Blend Napa Valley for $18.99.

This is a steal for a high quality Napa cab blend. I've had several of the Maroon cabs and zins over the years, and they've all been great.

This is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel at 14.20%.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:WTSO has Maroon Cabernet 2008
Proprietary Blend Napa Valley for $18.99.

This is a steal for a high quality Napa cab blend. I've had several of the Maroon cabs and zins over the years, and they've all been great.

This is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Petite Verdot, Petite Sirah, Zinfandel at 14.20%.

Don't need four, but if you're buying, can you add a couple for me?

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Restaurant.com has a sale, $25 gift certificates for $4, use code SPRING. There are several wine shops including Winestyles in the Chicagoland area with certificates available. Check your local area, there might be something. Some good restaurants in my area too for $4, even discounts on $10 and $15 certificates.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

kylemittskus

quality posts: 224 Private Messages kylemittskus
funbunny wrote:Restaurant.com has a sale, $25 gift certificates for $4, use code SPRING. There are several wine shops including Winestyles in the Chicagoland area with certificates available. Check your local area, there might be something. Some good restaurants in my area too for $4, even discounts on $10 and $15 certificates.

Caveat emptor. I bought one of those and the fine print said we had to spend $200+ and a 20% tip was automatically added but wasn't included in the $200 and a bunch of other stuff.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

funbunny

kylemittskus wrote:Caveat emptor. I bought one of those and the fine print said we had to spend $200+ and a 20% tip was automatically added but wasn't included in the $200 and a bunch of other stuff.

That is why you have to read the disclaimer right under the offer before you buy it. The Winestyles wine shops by me are only $50 min purchase, so a $50 bottle of wine for $29, not a bad deal. I'm guessing for $200 min, it was a $100 gift certificate for $40 or $60 off your subtotal, which is still a good deal.

The gratuity disclaimer is to prevent those who want to tip on the discounted total, not the original bill. A nonissue if your buying from a wineshop anyway.

funbunny

Inspiration Vineyards will be having an Uncle Sam Sale on some the their wines April 15th.

Buy any 6 bottles, & SAVE 30% – or – Buy any 12 bottles & SAVE 50%

2008 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley – list price $25/bottle
– buy 12 @ $12.50 each or 150/case

2009 Sauvignon Blanc, Dry Creek Valley – list price $22/bottle
– buy 12 @ $11.00 each or 132/case

2009 Chardonnay, Russian River Valley – list price $24/bottle
– buy 12 @ $12.00 each or 144/case

2009 Viognier, Russian River Valley – list price $29/bottle
– buy 12 @ $14.50 each or 174/case

Reminder – Mix & Match is OK – Wineclub members save 50% on shipping in the lower 48 states – while supplies last.

Don’t delay, sale ends May 1st

Jon will be coming to Illinois in a couple weeks for anyone interested.

bsevern

funbunny wrote:Inspiration Vineyards will be having an Uncle Sam Sale on some the their wines April 15th.

Buy any 6 bottles, & SAVE 30% – or – Buy any 12 bottles & SAVE 50%

2008 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley – list price $25/bottle
– buy 12 @ $12.50 each or 150/case

2009 Sauvignon Blanc, Dry Creek Valley – list price $22/bottle
– buy 12 @ $11.00 each or 132/case

2009 Chardonnay, Russian River Valley – list price $24/bottle
– buy 12 @ $12.00 each or 144/case

2009 Viognier, Russian River Valley – list price $29/bottle
– buy 12 @ $14.50 each or 174/case

Reminder – Mix & Match is OK – Wineclub members save 50% on shipping in the lower 48 states – while supplies last.

Don’t delay, sale ends May 1st

Jon will be coming to Illinois in a couple weeks for anyone interested.

Might get in on this, Jon makes awesome wines and we tried most of these when we visited him last fall. Great guy that loves to share his craft!

BTW is there a link or such to this deal, or we can just call the winery and mention the Uncle Sam special?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Might get in on this, Jon makes awesome wines and we tried most of these when we visited him last fall. Great guy that loves to share his craft!

BTW is there a link or such to this deal, or we can just call the winery and mention the Uncle Sam special?

Yes, excellent deal. Bsevern, can you recommend any of these wines specifically?

Also, has anyone had the Oriel Chard up on LB? I need to load up on some summer whites since my collection is down to almost all red.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:Yes, excellent deal. Bsevern, can you recommend any of these wines specifically?

Also, has anyone had the Oriel Chard up on LB? I need to load up on some summer whites since my collection is down to almost all red.

Jon makes his whites in French style, so no Napa/Auzzie grapefruit bombs. His Zin is outstanding, his chards are nice, the Viognier was really good.

I haven't had great luck with the Oriel wines. I thought about going in on the LB deal, but the CT reviews convinced me to save my $$ for the Inspiration sale

Thinking about getting a case with 8 bottles of the Zin, and a mix of whites to finish the case deal if that's any indication of preference.

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:I haven't had great luck with the Oriel wines. I thought about going in on the LB deal, but the CT reviews convinced me to save my $$ for the Inspiration sale

I snagged some 2000 Oriel Barolo Etereo on woot a while ago that was excellent, and I'm 40% through 10 bottles of 2002 Oriel Priorat Alma de Llicorella from WTSO that I've quite enjoyed. Neither were fruit bombs and both quite enjoyable, but the Barolo really shined. Guess I missed the chard.

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 152 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:Jon makes his whites in French style, so no Napa/Auzzie grapefruit bombs. His Zin is outstanding, his chards are nice, the Viognier was really good.

I haven't had great luck with the Oriel wines. I thought about going in on the LB deal, but the CT reviews convinced me to save my $$ for the Inspiration sale

Thinking about getting a case with 8 bottles of the Zin, and a mix of whites to finish the case deal if that's any indication of preference.

FWIW, I talked briefly with Chris from Super Sonoma at WD's rpm tour dinner and he was raving about Jon's Zin. After our conversation, I headed over to the wine table but the Inspiration Zin was already empty. Think I ended up with some Three Wines Zin instead.

bsevern

chipgreen wrote:FWIW, I talked briefly with Chris from Super Sonoma at WD's rpm tour dinner and he was raving about Jon's Zin. After our conversation, I headed over to the wine table but the Inspiration Zin was already empty. Think I ended up with some Three Wines Zin instead.

The good stuff always goes first

funbunny

bsevern wrote:Might get in on this, Jon makes awesome wines and we tried most of these when we visited him last fall. Great guy that loves to share his craft!

Sorry for the delay.
I didn't see it on the website yet but, did receive this info in his email newsletter, here is the web link version of it.

He also has an offer for futures of his 2012 vintage.

moondigger

quality posts: 11 Private Messages moondigger

The Inspiration Vineyards Uncle Sam Tax Break deal looks interesting. Is there anybody in upstate NY (Utica-Rome-Syracuse area) that would like to split a case?

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

Ty canton on WTSO 2010 cab

emmabean2000

quality posts: 6 Private Messages emmabean2000
ERMD wrote:Ty canton on WTSO 2010 cab

I know last time the 2011 was on WTSO, there was a lot of conversation regarding this being "excess juice". I opened the 2011 and it was very, very good. 20 bucks for the 2011 was a steal...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
emmabean2000 wrote:I know last time the 2011 was on WTSO, there was a lot of conversation regarding this being "excess juice". I opened the 2011 and it was very, very good. 20 bucks for the 2011 was a steal...

Just to clarify, I believe that discussion was in relation to the "Winemakers Cuvee" that he apparently bottled and labeled as such just for WTSO. This offering is actually one of his Sonoma Cabs.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

klezman

North316 wrote:Just to clarify, I believe that discussion was in relation to the "Winemakers Cuvee" that he apparently bottled and labeled as such just for WTSO. This offering is actually one of his Sonoma Cabs.

Yeah, it appears to be. It's also $20, which is quite tempting. Gotta resist though.

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
klezman wrote:Yeah, it appears to be. It's also $20, which is quite tempting. Gotta resist though.

Couldn't resist! In for 4!

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Yeah, it appears to be. It's also $20, which is quite tempting. Gotta resist though.

Sure you don't want two of four? $25 when last up on woot.

CT

bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
rjquillin wrote:Sure you don't want two of four? $25 when last up on woot.

Even better than that since no shipping or tax on WTSO for 4 or more!

kaolis

quality posts: 21 Private Messages kaolis
emmabean2000 wrote:I know last time the 2011 was on WTSO, there was a lot of conversation regarding this being "excess juice". I opened the 2011 and it was very, very good. 20 bucks for the 2011 was a steal...

Gee..think I remember some of that conversation. I bought 2010 Winemakers Cuvee, popped one and enjoyed. So gotta give this a try.

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Sure you don't want two of four? $25 when last up on woot.

Glad I didn't check back until now...although if you did bite on that deal I could probably be convinced.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Glad I didn't check back until now...although if you did bite on that deal I could probably be convinced.

Expired before I could decide to commit, so we both were saved. Likely it'll be up again..

CT