kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:I snagged a bottle I think.



"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:



This one: 2000 Pierre Gaillard Cote Rotie Le Cret Or was there another Cote Rotie that I missed? Is it a good one. I bought blindly after missing a bunch.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

They must've had 200 offers this past hour alone.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
jmdavidson wrote:They must've had 200 offers this past hour alone.



I've probably attempted to buy 200 and got like 7-8

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:This one: 2000 Pierre Gaillard Cote Rotie Le Cret Or was there another Cote Rotie that I missed? Is it a good one. I bought blindly after missing a bunch.



That's the one. Should be absolutely lovely.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:That's the one. Should be absolutely lovely.


Thanks. Hold or open now or soon? Maybe if we're ever at a gathering together, we can share.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
loveladyelectric wrote:I've probably attempted to buy 200 and got like 7-8



I came up empty.

InFrom


quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom
jmdavidson wrote:They must've had 200 offers this past hour alone.

Wow, the constant refreshing puts the addictive qualities of the wootoff to shame! thank god the champagne was still up last time I looked -- I need to leave work, already!

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:I have an 09 Halcon for you, remember.



Yeah, today's offer was the GSM

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Missed almost everything did snag a 93 Andrew Will tho

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
loveladyelectric wrote:Yeah, today's offer was the GSM



I have plenty of those is you want one.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
loveladyelectric wrote:Yeah, today's offer was the GSM



Even though I bought some, you could've bought it direct from the winery at $20/bottle if you bought 6.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:Thanks. Hold or open now or soon? Maybe if we're ever at a gathering together, we can share.



I would guess either depending on how you like your N. Rhone Syrah. I'd bet it's quite nice now, but will continue to change without getting "worse" for another 2-5 years.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:I would guess either depending on how you like your N. Rhone Syrah. I'd bet it's quite nice now, but will continue to change without getting "worse" for another 2-5 years.


Actually I'm not sure. I'm trying to buy things that I'v never tried or out of the U.S. comfort zone. Haven't tried too many European wines.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
CAGrl wrote:Actually I'm not sure. I'm trying to buy things that I'v never tried or out of the U.S. comfort zone. Haven't tried too many European wines.



I LOVE the N. Rhone. Cool climate syrah (only red varietal allowed in the N. Rhone) that shows more meatiness and minerality and iron and blood than fruit, generally. I'd open soon with a nice steak or lamb and enjoy!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
kylemittskus wrote:I LOVE the N. Rhone. Cool climate syrah (only red varietal allowed in the N. Rhone) that shows more meatiness and minerality and iron and blood than fruit, generally. I'd open soon with a nice steak or lamb and enjoy!


Thanks! Will have to cook up some yummy steak or lamb soon.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Damn this is moving fast

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Harrison Napa Cap...wasn't quick enough !!

jmdavidson


quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:Harrison Napa Cap...wasn't quick enough !!



Me neither. Got all the way to purchase and got the empty box instead.

Did luck out getting a bottle of the 2006 Nun Vinya del Taus to go with the 2007 I picked up earlier.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I really wanted the 2001 Ruston Family Vineyards Cabernet Franc for $19 and 2001 Onyx Proprietary Red Kroon for $12 but missed out

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
jmdavidson wrote:Even though I bought some, you could've bought it direct from the winery at $20/bottle if you bought 6.



Yeah, it's been a pretty mixed bag today at LB as far as deals go. One bottle they were selling for $199 had a CT value of $145 or something. But some others are very good prices.

I think part of the way they make money on this is by having some things actually overpriced. They can't make much money selling things for $7.

I bought the Halcon GSM today for $25 and was fine with it. I can't get 2 bottles shipped to me for $50 anywhere else that I know of.

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
blakewoot wrote:Yeah, it's been a pretty mixed bag today at LB as far as deals go. One bottle they were selling for $199 had a CT value of $145 or something. But some others are very good prices.

I think part of the way they make money on this is by having some things actually overpriced. They can't make much money selling things for $7.

I bought the Halcon GSM today for $25 and was fine with it. I can't get 2 bottles shipped to me for $50 anywhere else that I know of.



I think that much of the rationale for spinning through the offers every fifteen seconds or so is to not make it possible to check around before buying. Playing on the fear of loss - if it looks interesting you need to pull the trigger or you won't get it.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Kyle did you get those SQN stickies that flew by?

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Kyle did you get those SQN stickies that flew by?



Nope.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bsevern


quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Snagged the 2007 Moffett Napa Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve from LB

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

How bad is this? I'm buying based on price and how much I like the label?

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:How bad is this? I'm buying based on price and how much I like the label?


I see nothing wrong with that.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:I see nothing wrong with that.



good!! I needed reassurance!!

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:good!! I needed reassurance!!

I think you just wanted a nod from some other enabler to justify to hubby...

CT

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
rjquillin wrote:I think you just wanted a nod from some other enabler to justify to hubby...


Hahaha. I was just about to write that.

By the way, I still owe you money for Prager. Oops. Will get on that right now.

chipgreen


quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen

Having a hard time finding some of these on CT. Here is the 2004 Omblancas Denuño Monastrell that's up right now.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:I think you just wanted a nod from some other enabler to justify to hubby...



heee heeee heeee

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. I was just about to write that.

By the way, I still owe you money for Prager. Oops. Will get on that right now.




Hahahaha!!! oh crap, I still owe RJ also.....

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1

offers seem to be slowing down... do you think this will be a 2 day event? so hard to check while at work.....

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
mommadeb1 wrote:How bad is this? I'm buying based on price and how much I like the label?


Not so bad. Since there is fres shipping for even one bottle, I look at LB Marathons as opportunities to buy something on a whim. When they offer something that catches my interest - including price - I'm apt to buy a bottle just for curiosity.

I figure I can take a flyer on a Tuesday night bottle from TJs or from LB, and I find the LB options more intriguing.

CAGrl


quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
mommadeb1 wrote:Hahahaha!!! oh crap, I still owe RJ also.....


I just paid him. Figured if I don't do it when I remember, I'm not gonna get around to it for another month.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
CAGrl wrote: I just paid him. Figured if I don't do it when I remember, I'm not gonna get around to it for another month.



you are soo good!! I have to figure out what my balance is to him... will add to my "to do" list.

just got a call to go into work tomorrow...so much for all my plans....I'm not complaining...

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
mommadeb1 wrote:you are soo good!! I have to figure out what my balance is to him... will add to my "to do" list.

just got a call to go into work tomorrow...so much for all my plans....I'm not complaining...

hehe, Thanks all, no worries.

CT

sukeiasa


quality posts: 7 Private Messages sukeiasa

gosh, i missed the cristal rose and the rauzan segla

wine woot gatherings: manchego dinner, '11 cyber pub bottling, '12 cyber pub bottling, DMV #25, #26, #28, #29, #29.5, #30, NY #19, NY #20; socal #22

rjquillin


quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
sukeiasa wrote:gosh, i missed the cristal rose and the rauzan segla

And I've been working remote, ever try to buy something on an ipad (not!) at the speed these are moving?

[edit] that made no sense.
I totally gave up even trying to buy anything due to the connection speed on the ipad. At times it would only keep reloading and wouldn't even display one as the next was already up.

EPIC FIAL

CT