rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
bkarlan wrote:Once you are in Ruelala, it is kind of hidden, so here is how to find it:

Click on the the "Globetrotting style: Off to Italy", then click on the "Shop Italian dinner essentials". Scroll down and you will see a nice assortment of balsamics.

Oscar-Mike-Golf,
did you see the prices on some of those Balsamics!?
$600 for Cavedoni La Dama 100 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar

WD, what can yo do on this one?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

On invino is the 2007 Torri Mor Olalla VYD Pinot Noir for $23. Any thoughts about this wine from the pinot crowd?

cortot20

quality posts: 159 Private Messages cortot20
rjquillin wrote:Three, four would be fine. My notes are that the '08 drank well for the price, hope the '09 is similar.

Had one last night and its a great bottle for $12. I'll probably pick up a couple more so ill grab 4 for you and bring them to the meetup on the 30th. should be around $50.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:Had one last night and its a great bottle for $12. I'll probably pick up a couple more so ill grab 4 for you and bring them to the meetup on the 30th. should be around $50.

Great, thanks!

CT

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Wine deal fatigue or are the days of great deals over?

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
McMalbec wrote:Wine deal fatigue or are the days of great deals over?

I will get the ball rolling with a couple codes:
$10.00 off Vitis.com FRNDVITIS
$10.00 off VelvetPalate.com Congratulations

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Interesting Barolo on lastbottle - 2006 $29, fs on 4

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
joelsisk wrote:Interesting Barolo on lastbottle - 2006 $29, fs on 4

Saw that as well. Anyone in Northern NJ / NYC want to split?

jmdavidson

joelsisk wrote:Interesting Barolo on lastbottle - 2006 $29, fs on 4

2006 vintage for barolo rated at 97. Almost nothing found on the Internet about this wine. It's got 6+yrs, but....

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:2006 vintage for barolo rated at 97. Almost nothing found on the Internet about this wine. It's got 6+yrs, but....

From the 06's I have had they need a lot of time...that being said i'm pretty interested in this one.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

joelsisk

jmdavidson wrote:2006 vintage for barolo rated at 97. Almost nothing found on the Internet about this wine. It's got 6+yrs, but....

for more generic info on the region and vintage, this was the best I found.

The wines from 2006 are big, make no mistake about it. If you are a relative newcomer to Barolo, this may not be the vintage for you, unless you have a lot of patience. These are wines that demand time and are in some cases, rather old-fashioned, as they are not approachable now, but rather are tightly woven and unyielding. If you prefer prettier, more forward wines, wait another year for the release of the 2007 Barolos.
The vintage belonged to the wines from Castiglione Falletto, Monforte d'Alba and of course, Serralunga d'Alba.

and the producers page

with Monforte d'Alba being the region and noted in the first article as top 3.

ETA: bought 4

tdedek

joelsisk wrote:and the producers page

You are not helping - lol. If I can't find someone to split soon, I will probably jump right in there with you.

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:From the 06's I have had they need a lot of time...that being said i'm pretty interested in this one.

Likewise, but the budget says no way for four, two however...

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Just got my email from LB. Interested in a splitting four for free shipping?

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Likewise, but the budget says no way for four, two however...

In meeting r u buying or me?

tdedek

Not really a deal but a tasting event that Wine Library in Springfield, NJ will be having with the owners of Jean Edwards Cellars. Anyone near northeast NJ or NYC may want to check it out.

I will definitely be there. Ty - thanks for the information about them when asked right before Berserker Day kicked off, great recommendation. Still waiting for my order to arrive, but in the meantime have located and tried other releases from them. Great stuff.

From WL:

Tuesday March 26th 7-8PM: Meet the owners of Jean Edwards Cellars! Meet Karen and John Troisi, the owner of Jean Edwards Cellars in Napa. We will sample two of their delicious Napa Cabernets, one from Stagecoach Vineyard and one from Howell Mountain. If you are a fan of Napa Cabernets, this is not an event to be missed!

jmdavidson

funbunny wrote:Just got my email from LB. Interested in a splitting four for free shipping?

I replied to your email(s).

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
jmdavidson wrote:I replied to your email(s).

Done!!

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tdedek wrote:Not really a deal but a tasting event that Wine Library in Springfield, NJ will be having with the owners of Jean Edwards Cellars. Anyone near northeast NJ or NYC may want to check it out.

I will definitely be there. Ty - thanks for the information about them when asked right before Berserker Day kicked off, great recommendation. Still waiting for my order to arrive, but in the meantime have located and tried other releases from them. Great stuff.

From WL:

Tuesday March 26th 7-8PM: Meet the owners of Jean Edwards Cellars! Meet Karen and John Troisi, the owner of Jean Edwards Cellars in Napa. We will sample two of their delicious Napa Cabernets, one from Stagecoach Vineyard and one from Howell Mountain. If you are a fan of Napa Cabernets, this is not an event to be missed!

...make sure you let the winery (it will likely be owner Karen) know that you're a Wooter; and point out the positive words Ty and others say about their wines here on Woot...(and that you'd love to see them on Woot again!)

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

tytiger58

neilfindswine wrote:...make sure you let the winery (it will likely be owner Karen) know that you're a Wooter; and point out the positive words Ty and others say about their wines here on Woot...(and that you'd love to see them on Woot again!)

+ infinity

tdedek

neilfindswine wrote:...make sure you let the winery (it will likely be owner Karen) know that you're a Wooter; and point out the positive words Ty and others say about their wines here on Woot...(and that you'd love to see them on Woot again!)

Will do!

joelsisk

joelsisk wrote:and the producers page

can't believe it's still available... they must have a ton!

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
joelsisk wrote:can't believe it's still available... they must have a ton!

I was thinking of picking up two, but would need a split. But then again I don't need these. The producer's page hinted at a more modern style, which I can't tell if they go to overripe sugar levels.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bdlsmoran

Last Bottle -- THE MADNESS MARATHON MARCHES ON!
A recent report cited that over the ensuing 3 weeks, over $126 million dollars worth of productivity at work will be lost while we collectively obsess over college basketball. The report also cites higher levels of satisfaction at work, more camaraderie, and employee bonding, however. Well, so be it, then! We here at Last Bottle want to do our part - so we're embracing the madness and BLOWING OUT over 600 different wines from every conceivable corner of the Earth (while they last, anyway)! And unlike brackets, everyone's a winner when you pop the cork.

You know the game – it’ll be just like previous Marathons – old favorites, tons of brand-new purchases, cult wines, large formats, older vintages and drinkers…you name it…all at market-crushing prices. It's easily OUR BIGGEST SALE EVER (we say that every time but it's true- they keep getting bigger)! Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS! Madness.

First come, first served, like always. You’ll need to keep hitting the “refresh” button to catch them all (ridiculously priced wines appear and get sold at breakneck speed), and it all happens starting at 9AM Napa Valley time!

All orders placed during this marathon will be combined and begin shipping Monday (3-25)** (shipping will take a total of 2-3 weeks to get all orders out, we apologize but we are estimating over 10,000 orders).

Thanks- we love you!

bdlsmoran

Last Bottle -- THE MADNESS MARATHON MARCHES ON!
A recent report cited that over the ensuing 3 weeks, over $126 million dollars worth of productivity at work will be lost while we collectively obsess over college basketball. The report also cites higher levels of satisfaction at work, more camaraderie, and employee bonding, however. Well, so be it, then! We here at Last Bottle want to do our part - so we're embracing the madness and BLOWING OUT over 600 different wines from every conceivable corner of the Earth (while they last, anyway)! And unlike brackets, everyone's a winner when you pop the cork.

You know the game – it’ll be just like previous Marathons – old favorites, tons of brand-new purchases, cult wines, large formats, older vintages and drinkers…you name it…all at market-crushing prices. It's easily OUR BIGGEST SALE EVER (we say that every time but it's true- they keep getting bigger)! Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS! Madness.

First come, first served, like always. You’ll need to keep hitting the “refresh” button to catch them all (ridiculously priced wines appear and get sold at breakneck speed), and it all happens starting at 9AM Napa Valley time!

All orders placed during this marathon will be combined and begin shipping Monday (3-25)** (shipping will take a total of 2-3 weeks to get all orders out, we apologize but we are estimating over 10,000 orders).

Thanks- we love you!

tytiger58

bdlsmoran wrote:Last Bottle -- THE MADNESS MARATHON MARCHES ON!

Thanks- we love you!

Ouch!

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
tytiger58 wrote:Ouch!

+1

This + a woot-off = I feel poor.

tdedek

loveladyelectric wrote:+1

This + a woot-off = I feel poor.

Nervous what tomorrow might bring for the bank account, but excited none the less. Grabbed some really nice CdPs and other frenchies last go round at killer prices.

loveladyelectric

tdedek wrote:Nervous what tomorrow might bring for the bank account, but excited none the less. Grabbed some really nice CdPs and other frenchies last go round at killer prices.

Last one I got schooled the first 10 times I tried to buy. Definitely cannot hesitate on a good deal.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

Okay. Who wants to give me an invite for Last Bottle in preparation for tomorrow. Ugh.

edit: pm me and I'll send you my email address.

loveladyelectric

CAGrl wrote:Okay. Who wants to give me an invite for Last Bottle in preparation for tomorrow. Ugh.

edit: pm me and I'll send you my email address.

PM sent. No email needed, the link has my info embedded.

froboy419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419
McMalbec wrote:Wine deal fatigue or are the days of great deals over?

Winestyr voucher deal went live today: $25 for $50, $50 for $100 and $100 for $200 of wine at Winestyr.com.

http://www.bloomspot.com/chicago/winestyr/

Makes their usual retail pricing much more affordable! Plus, spend over $100 at a single winery and get $0.01 shipping.

Edit: I know this doesn't stand up to tomorrow's Last Bottle sale, but thought I'd put it out there in case anyone likes Winestyr's lineup!

rjquillin

First offer on LB, MM, of course, what else..?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

...and so it begins, with yet another incarnation of Moon Mountain Cab

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:First offer on LB, MM, of course, what else..?

Never seen the MM "Feather Ridge" Cab but not interested.

bdlsmoran

How is Moon Mountain, have not had any yet. Is it worth a shot?

chipgreen

bdlsmoran wrote:How is Moon Mountain, have not had any yet. Is it worth a shot?

They seem to be hit or miss but at under $20 for an Estate Cab it should be a decent value.

bdlsmoran

chipgreen wrote:They seem to be hit or miss but at under $20 for an Estate Cab it should be a decent value.

I was thinking the same thing, picked up a couple

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Never seen the MM "Feather Ridge" Cab but not interested.

Pretty sure I've got a couple, '07's, but not yet pulled a cork.

CT

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

So begins the buy now, check later strategy. Two quick buys in so far...