klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Now you tell me...

Actually, looks like it may be tomorrow. Email me if you are thinking of heading over.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
rjquillin wrote:Where did this hint come from?
Don't see anything in my email.
Perhaps a twitter thing?

It was on their twitter and Facebook. They say it will be priced less than 100$

Neal K Bharadwaj

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
nealkb wrote:It was on their twitter and Facebook. They say it will be priced less than 100$

Just posted: Sempre Vive CS Old Vines 2002 - 2006 for $99 on WTSO.

Very Limited CT info. Still an interesting opportunity for such a large vertical.

nealkb

Sempre vive 2002-2006 vertical. 99$ with free shipping on wtso

Neal K Bharadwaj

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
jmdavidson wrote:Just posted: Sempre Vive CS Old Vines 2002 - 2006 for $99 on WTSO.

Very Limited CT info. Still an interesting opportunity for such a large vertical.

I had a bottle of this on New Year's Day '13. I wish I could remember which vintage, but that info is at home. I remember that it was wonderful enough to get me to jump on this deal.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
ddeuddeg wrote:I had a bottle of this on New Year's Day '13. I wish I could remember which vintage, but that info is at home. I remember that it was wonderful enough to get me to jump on this deal.

I am over spend and under on space so I'm out. Plus there are a couple deals I am waiting for including the wine smith cab franc

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
ddeuddeg wrote:I had a bottle of this on New Year's Day '13. I wish I could remember which vintage, but that info is at home. I remember that it was wonderful enough to get me to jump on this deal.

you are a +∞ enabler.

CT

ddeuddeg

rjquillin wrote:you are a +∞ enabler.

I do what I can.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Cesare

quality posts: 1616 Private Messages Cesare

Went to the Wine Library open house Saturday. Got some 2006 Iron Horse Brut for $25, 2007 Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee for $27, 2004 Ardente for $19 (all still available online) and a few other random cheaper bottles on sale.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
Cesare wrote:Went to the Wine Library open house Saturday. Got some 2006 Iron Horse Brut for $25, 2007 Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee for $27, 2004 Ardente for $19 (all still available online) and a few other random cheaper bottles on sale.

mmmmm Iron Horse....

funbunny

quality posts: 25 Private Messages funbunny

Pine ridge is having a sale. Big case discounts and reduced shipping, still pricey but if you can get a few people together -

Pine Ridge March Madness

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

rjquillin

Cesare wrote:Went to the Wine Library open house Saturday. Got some 2006 Iron Horse Brut for $25, 2007 Iron Horse Wedding Cuvee for $27, 2004 Ardente for $19 (all still available online) and a few other random cheaper bottles on sale.

Speaking of IH, OrderWineDirect is having a sale with CC Ironhorse that will get you three each of

• 2011 Iron Horse Vineyards Estate Chardonnay
  • 2010 Iron Horse Vineyards UnOaked Chardonnay
  • 2011 Iron Horse Vineyards Rose of Pinot Noir
  • 2008 Iron Horse Vineyards Classic Vintage Brut
for $199, "discounted" from $339. $16.58/btl seems reasonable, as does the $0.01 shipping.

CT

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
rjquillin wrote:Speaking of IH, OrderWineDirect is having a sale with CC Ironhorse that will get you three each of
for $199, "discounted" from $339. $16.58/btl seems reasonable, as does the $0.01 shipping.

It's showing $339 for me. Did you have a code?

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rjquillin

jhkey wrote:It's showing $339 for me. Did you have a code?

In the original posting;
Speaking of IH, OrderWineDirect is having a sale with CC Ironhorse that will get you three each of

Guess I really should have bolded it.
Done.

CT

jhkey

rjquillin wrote:In the original posting;

Guess I really should have bolded it.
Done.

Got it! Missed it in the original, THANKS!

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rjquillin

jhkey wrote:Got it! Missed it in the original, THANKS!

Now you gotta share a bottle!

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:Speaking of IH, OrderWineDirect is having a sale with CC Ironhorse that will get you three each of

Dammit stop tempting me! No more wine buying for at least a couple months! Their Rose is excellent, though...

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Dammit stop tempting me! No more wine buying for at least a couple months! Their Rose is excellent, though...

I'm sure we could work out a split for later this month...

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen

Too bad it didn't include the Thomas Road PN although that would have jacked the price up quite a bit.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Too bad it didn't include the Thomas Road PN although that would have jacked the price up quite a bit.

That was tasty, even out of the water bottle.

CT

ddeuddeg

And you call me an enabler.

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:And you call me an enabler.

I was taught by the master, and keep good company..?

CT

jhkey

rjquillin wrote:Now you gotta share a bottle!

You have an open invite if you are ever in Atlanta! In fact, if anyone wants to split my IH case, let me know I probably don't need all 12!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

jhkey

rjquillin wrote:I was taught by the master, and keep good company..?

My wife curses you both!!

- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Saw this deal on TipJarDaily:

$5 for (3) Flavor-Enhancing Wine Aerators from GiftKoncepts ($89 Value):

https://deals.tipjardaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=2

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
bsevern wrote:Saw this deal on TipJarDaily:

https://deals.tipjardaily.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=frontpage&Itemid=2

$89 value for only $5?!?!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
kylemittskus wrote:$89 value for only $5?!?!

Buy 6 for a $534 value for only $30! Resell them and make hundreds*!

* Cents, not dollars.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:Saw this deal on TipJarDaily:

I use the venturi. DO you think one works the same as the others, i.e. they all work the same basically?

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:I use the venturi. DO you think one works the same as the others, i.e. they all work the same basically?

Basically, yes. The difference is how much air the wine is exposed to and how aggressively. The Vinturi is a lot and quite, I think. The Soirée is less and not very.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:Basically, yes. The difference is how much air the wine is exposed to and how aggressively. The Vinturi is a lot and quite, I think. The Soirée is less and not very.

When the Soiree is used with the bottle completely upside down, it aerates up a storm! Definitely need to hold it straight up/down or the wine will just pour through with very little agitation.

I have both a Soiree and a Vinturi but prefer the Soiree unless I also need to filter the wine, then the Vinturi comes in handy.

nealkb

I feel like a lot of wineries use this to pour?

Neal K Bharadwaj

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
nealkb wrote:I feel like a lot of wineries use this to pour?

It might not be the best aerator, but I love having these on the end of the bottle to keep that last drip from running down the bottle like it always does. Much cleaner pours.

ddeuddeg

New Pope, and a Jesuit. What better reason to uncork a bubbly in the middle of the week? Noctambule Cremant de Loire NV. Lovely fruit, seemed almost sweet. Tart apple and pear. Didn't get the yeast I generally like to find in a bubbly, but very pleasant with the horseradish-crusted salmon we had for dinner.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

WTSO Artesa Pinot Noir 2008 Moon Meadow - Carneros 92 rating and 55% off!

http://bit.ly/10MgdIg

Good price, I have some, but haven't tried it yet, so no idea how good the QPR is, but Artesa tends to make quality wine IMHO.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Ruelala has BALSAMIC! Not the prices we are use to over here, however they have an assortment of the high ends.

If you want an invite (as if most of you dont have an account) shoot me a pm, or just make an account

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
bkarlan wrote:Ruelala has BALSAMIC! Not the prices we are use to over here, however they have an assortment of the high ends.

If you want an invite (as if most of you dont have an account) shoot me a pm, or just make an account

Once you are in Ruelala, it is kind of hidden, so here is how to find it:

Click on the the "Globetrotting style: Off to Italy", then click on the "Shop Italian dinner essentials". Scroll down and you will see a nice assortment of balsamics.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
bkarlan wrote:Once you are in Ruelala, it is kind of hidden, so here is how to find it:

Click on the the "Globetrotting style: Off to Italy", then click on the "Shop Italian dinner essentials". Scroll down and you will see a nice assortment of balsamics.

Just noticed I have a $20.00 credit -- nice

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Anyone go in on the Gary Farrell PN Ramal Mini-Vertical at Last Bottle?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
redwinefan wrote:Anyone go in on the Gary Farrell PN Ramal Mini-Vertical at Last Bottle?

I would break my SIWBM for 1 pair, but having to buy 2 - I'm out

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
redwinefan wrote:Anyone go in on the Gary Farrell PN Ramal Mini-Vertical at Last Bottle?

I went for two pairs. I've still got three bottles of the 2009 bought a few weeks ago from LB. Gary Farrell is good juice, and these prices are very reasonable. Now I've got a couple sets of 2007 -2009.

I've noticed that LB is doing a LOT of offer recycling lately. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see these reappear in the next few days.