tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Speaking of Costco and Burgs the one on Sepulveda Blvd in Van Nuys has 2010 Domaine Faiveley Mercurey 1er Cru Clos des Myglands Pinot for 29.99. It's quite good IMO

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
cortot20 wrote:I feel like my local Costco has the worst selection of wine from any Costco I have been to.

Which one? Burbank had a smaller selection than most. My local one, though, is Marina del Rey.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

LB has the Gary Farrell Ramal Syrah 09 up. The 08 was outstanding, a very restrained syrah, it probably needs a few more years in the bottle.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jhkey wrote:LB has the Gary Farrell Ramal Syrah 09 up. The 08 was outstanding, a very restrained syrah, it probably needs a few more years in the bottle.

Agreed. Six bottles for free shipping on the 09 though... ouch! I ended up just going in for two and paying for the shipping.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Costco has the Wine-Enthusiast-N'FINITY-170-bottle-Dual-temperature-Wine-Cellar for $1099.99. Mine was delivered yesterday and it is a very nice unit. Great value and with Costco’s return policy it is an even better deal.

http://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast-N'FINITY-170-bottle-Dual-temperature-Wine-Cellar-With-Bonus-Stainless-Steel-Electric-Corkscrew.product.100005449.html

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

Anyone around here have longer-term experience with N'FINTY units in general or this one in particular? That does seem like a pretty good deal.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk
blakewoot wrote:Anyone around here have longer-term experience with N'FINTY units in general or this one in particular? That does seem like a pretty good deal.

Check out the coolers thread

redwinefan

bdlsmoran wrote:Costco has the Wine-Enthusiast-N'FINITY-170-bottle-Dual-temperature-Wine-Cellar for $1099.99. Mine was delivered yesterday and it is a very nice unit. Great value and with Costco’s return policy it is an even better deal.

http://www.costco.com/Wine-Enthusiast-N'FINITY-170-bottle-Dual-temperature-Wine-Cellar-With-Bonus-Stainless-Steel-Electric-Corkscrew.product.100005449.html

I like how there is one picture of the Wine Cellar and 3 pictures of the free corkscrew.

bdlsmoran

redwinefan wrote:I like how there is one picture of the Wine Cellar and 3 pictures of the free corkscrew.

I started filling mine today; once again it is very nice. As mentioned in some of the Costco reviews it is made for normal sized bottles but with a little maneuvering and strategic placement most bottles fit just fine. There are 14 racks fitting 12 bottles each, 5 racks on top and 9 on the bottom. The very top rack has a larger space for champagne and oversized bottles. I am not a by the case buyer so the racks work fine for me. There is some additional space at the bottom without a rack, seems like it will fit oversized but you may have some vibration issues. I am very pleased, big upgrade from my 37 bottle Vinotemp.

redwinefan

bdlsmoran wrote:I started filling mine today; once again it is very nice. As mentioned in some of the Costco reviews it is made for normal sized bottles but with a little maneuvering and strategic placement most bottles fit just fine. There are 14 racks fitting 12 bottles each, 5 racks on top and 9 on the bottom. The very top rack has a larger space for champagne and oversized bottles. I am not a by the case buyer so the racks work fine for me. There is some additional space at the bottom without a rack, seems like it will fit oversized but you may have some vibration issues. I am very pleased, big upgrade from my 37 bottle Vinotemp.

Sounds great. How loud is it? If I get one, I'll probably have to keep it in my office.

I think I just got my Costco yearly rebate check so it might be worth applying it to this.

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

For the Ardente fans, it looks like Wine Library has dropped their price on the 2004 Ardente Cab to $19/bottle. This was an in store sale price from last week but is now online and does not list it as a sale, so I am guessing the price drop will stay in effect? I think WL is holding on to a lot of this stuff, you should see the size of some of the displays I have seen there in the past.

Seems like a very decent price and if a sale is run to further discount it, may turn into a steal - keep your eyes on Cindy!

WL - 2004 - Ardente Grande Reserva Cabernet Sauvignon

This is similar to the pricing we have seen for the 2001 and 2002 3 packs of Ardente on w.w (59.99 + shipping). This would come to $57 + shipping for a 3 pack, though I don't know about possible tax for out of state purchases. WL runs a lot of shipping promotions for those that are not local - if you are a fan, you may want to keep an eye on it.

Sorry, haven't tried it so I am unable to give any feedback in that regard, but figured I would share.

bdlsmoran

redwinefan wrote:Sounds great. How loud is it? If I get one, I'll probably have to keep it in my office.

I think I just got my Costco yearly rebate check so it might be worth applying it to this.

It is not as loud as I thought it would be, I think the Vinotemp was louder. Ours is in the dining room. Really just some background noise, does not overpower the room. I cannot hear it in the adjoining rooms

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
redwinefan wrote:Sounds great. How loud is it? If I get one, I'll probably have to keep it in my office.

Completely derailing this thread, but I keep a 250+ bottle Eurocave in my office and it makes the room quite warm. Granted, it's a small office, but something to be aware of.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

tytiger58

Empire ship 4 free has the 2001 La Rioja Alta '904' Rioja Gran Reserva for 39.89.

anyone interested in split?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
tytiger58 wrote:Empire ship 4 free has the 2001 La Rioja Alta '904' Rioja Gran Reserva for 39.89.

That sounds like a really good deal, if I were in the area, I would jump on it with you. I think my only option is a store pickup at WL, but they are taking pre orders only. Won't get there until June.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Empire ship 4 free has the 2001 La Rioja Alta '904' Rioja Gran Reserva for 39.89.

I want to try one.... Could be stupendous

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:I want to try one.... Could be stupendous

Indeed, and if it's anything like López de Heredia I would be very happy! Anyone....Kyle??

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Indeed, and if it's anything like López de Heredia I would be very happy! Anyone....Kyle??

Not this time. Too rich for my blood after the Barolo we grabbed.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

I got a half case of the Sans Permis Chardonnay on LB. CT notes were good and the price was good especially after my credits.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Burgess Estate Syrah Napa Valley 2007 on wtso now for $12.99 free ship on 4.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

What do you guys think of the 4 pack of williamete Pinot on wtso?

Neal K Bharadwaj

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
nealkb wrote:What do you guys think of the 4 pack of williamete Pinot on wtso?

It does have my interest, need to do some research.

It's interesting that it came up at the same time as the wine.woot pinot deal.

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone tried this Walla Walla Valley cab from Spring Vineyards on LB? I'm starting to love these cooler climate reds.

cortot20

quality posts: 138 Private Messages cortot20

Ramsay 09' north coast Pinot at Costco for 11.99. Great price for a great daily Pinot.

CT

tytiger58

Don't know if this is a deal but is anyone else going to the Tercero winemaker dinner at Mistral restaurant in So. Cal on Monday?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

WTSO has Abelis Carthago Rioja 'Lui' Selection Crianza Toro, Spain 2009 @ $12.99 with free shipping on four or more.

I can't speak to this vintage, but the 2005 was great QPR. The 2005 needs plenty of air. I socked most of mine away; one I opened after a year was doing nicely. IMHO - most of the CT notes on the 2005 are close to the mark.

If the 2009 is anywhere near the 2005, this is a good offering.

cortot20

tytiger58 wrote:Don't know if this is a deal but is anyone else going to the Tercero winemaker dinner at Mistral restaurant in So. Cal on Monday?

Sounds fun, but no.

CT

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303
bdlsmoran wrote:Costco has the Wine-Enthusiast-N'FINITY-170-bottle-Dual-temperature-Wine-Cellar for $1099.99. Mine was delivered yesterday and it is a very nice unit. Great value and with Costco’s return policy it is an even better deal.

is there any reason why you went with the nfinity over the vinotemp 160. im trying to choose between them but i dont see any major difference.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Scott Harvey 2010 Old Vines Zinfandel (white label) on Wine Spies for $22 all day today. "OLDZEE" gets you free shipping on a half case or more order.

What the Winery Says:

Produced in the old world style of balanced wine making. We want the wine to express the Amador Zinfandel terroir with good balance of fruit, French Oak, structural tannins and medium alcohol.

Briary varietal Zinfandel. Notes of roses, pomegranate, bright red fruits, white pepper and Redwood forest. The long, lingering finish makes this a complete wine from beginning to end.

Alcohol
14.5%

Enjoy now through 2022

About the Winery

California Roots

Growing up in California’s Sierra Mountains Region, Scott developed a keen interest in winemaking as a high school exchange student in the Rhineland Pfalz region of Germany. Scott attended California State University at Sacramento before beginning practical Enology training at Montevina Winery in Amador County. Back to Germany in 1975, he apprenticed at K. Fitz-Ritter Winery while attending the Weinbau Schule in Neustadt. Once again returning to Montevina Winery, Scott focused on all aspects of winemaking and running a winery. From farming the grapes to effectively marketing the wine, Scott solidified his knowledge and experience. In 1978, at the age of twenty-three, Scott took over as Head Winemaker for Story Winery, also in Amador County.

Creator of “Menage a Trois” Wine

In 1996, Scott was recruited as Partner, Winemaker & President for newly purchased, Folie a Deux Winery in Napa Valley. Combining forces with Lead Partner, renowned Winemaker, Richard Peterson, Ph.D, a formidable winemaking team was launched. Scott pursued his commitment to award-winning Cabernets made from the Estate Vineyards in Napa Valley while continuing his passion for Amador County Zinfandel. Access to Scott’s original Grandpère vineyard in Amador County and close relationships with premier Amador County growers, resulted in award-winning wines all around for Folie a Deux. In addition, Scott’s creation, the “Menage a Trois” line of wines, was an instant commercial success. In 2004, Folie a Deux, now a respected brand, was sold to Sutter Home/Trinchero Winery. Scott was finally positioned and ready to start his own venture, and he had the ideal partner – his wife, Jana, a wine industry veteran.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

quality posts: 173 Private Messages rjquillin
cortot20 wrote:Ramsay 09' north coast Pinot at Costco for 11.99. Great price for a great daily Pinot.

Not in SD county, but I'll gladly repay and drink should someone in the LA area grab some. Perhaps exchange at at the gathering at the end of the month?

CT

bdlsmoran

joed10303 wrote:is there any reason why you went with the nfinity over the vinotemp 160. im trying to choose between them but i dont see any major difference.

I liked the black finish; want to blend instead of stand out. It was a little bigger and racks seemed more thought out i.e. had a larger shelf at the top and top of the second chamber for larger bottles.
So far I am very happy with my purchase

cortot20

rjquillin wrote:Not in SD county, but I'll gladly repay and drink should someone in the LA area grab some. Perhaps exchange at at the gathering at the end of the month?

If its still there next time I stop by, how many do you want?

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:If its still there next time I stop by, how many do you want?

Three, four would be fine. My notes are that the '08 drank well for the price, hope the '09 is similar.

CT

rjquillin

WTSO $22 fs/4 tempting, split?
Library Release 2002 Cabernet Sauvignon Vintage Selection Napa Valley Burgess Cellars
[edit] went fast, under an hour.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:Don't know if this is a deal but is anyone else going to the Tercero winemaker dinner at Mistral restaurant in So. Cal on Monday?

Nope, didn't know it was happening. We've got other wine tonight that must be tasted. We're up for assistance if anybody would like to venture towards our direction.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

5 bottle napa cab vertical to go up on wtso tomorrow.

Neal K Bharadwaj

tytiger58

klezman wrote:Nope, didn't know it was happening. We've got other wine tonight that must be tasted. We're up for assistance if anybody would like to venture towards our direction.

Now you tell me...

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
nealkb wrote:5 bottle napa cab vertical to go up on wtso tomorrow.

Yes, but what is it? The closest I can find using google images of napa cab filtered for purple is: JRE cab and I don't think that is the one

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
cmaldoon wrote:Yes, but what is it? The closest I can find using google images of napa cab filtered for purple is: JRE cab and I don't think that is the one

I recently had some '09 JRE Petite Sirah that was really good. Grabbed a bottle at a local wine store tasting for $15, wish I would've gotten more.

Here is what CT has listed for JRE Cabs.

rjquillin

nealkb wrote:5 bottle napa cab vertical to go up on wtso tomorrow.

Where did this hint come from?
Don't see anything in my email.
Perhaps a twitter thing?

CT