rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
klezman wrote:And done. Thanks!

that may have just have been the most expensive piece of free software you will ever install!
[edit] SPARKY (2) !

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
klezman wrote:And done. Thanks!

The 08 Bond Quella was up last night for hours. So, don't think your app is malfunctioning when nothing happens for hours.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
jmdavidson wrote:The 08 Bond Quella was up last night for hours. So, don't think your app is malfunctioning when nothing happens for hours.

That's just fine with me. No temptation on a wine that expensive.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:The 08 Bond Quella was up last night for hours. So, don't think your app is malfunctioning when nothing happens for hours.

supper or potty break?

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

I have no idea what a 2003 Alzania Seleccion Privada is, but an $85 aged Spanish wine for $19...yes please!

EDIT:

Here's a review for the 2004:

Expert Reviews
logo
Rated: 92 by Josh Raynolds, Sep/Oct 08
Stephen Tanzer's International Wine Cellar
Glass-staining ruby. Exotically perfumed nose displays jammy red and dark berries, Asian spices, pipe tobacco and incense. Cherry-vanilla, blackberry and cola flavors coat the palate, which picks up chewing tobacco and vanilla on the back end. Supple tannins add shape and carry through the long, sweet finish. Emphatically modern and already delicious.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
bsevern wrote:I have no idea what a 2003 Alzania Seleccion Privada is, but an $85 aged Spanish wine for $19...yes please!

EDIT:

Here's a review for the 2004:

Expert Reviews
logo
Rated: 92 by Josh Raynolds, Sep/Oct 08
Glass-staining ruby. Exotically perfumed nose displays jammy red and dark berries, Asian spices, pipe tobacco and incense. Cherry-vanilla, blackberry and cola flavors coat the palate, which picks up chewing tobacco and vanilla on the back end. Supple tannins add shape and carry through the long, sweet finish. Emphatically modern and already delicious.

Took a flyer on that too

bsevern

bdlsmoran wrote:Took a flyer on that too

Found a review for the 2003 too:

Rated: 90 by Josh Raynolds, Sep 07
Deep ruby. Smoky cherry and blackberry aromas are deepened by bitter chocolate, vanilla and espresso. Fleshy and sweet, with dense dark berry liqueur flavors complicated by musky underbrush and tobacco. The tannins are supple and impressively integrated, with no edges. Ripe and long on the finish. (Bon Vivant Imports, Boise, ID)

bdlsmoran

bsevern wrote:Found a review for the 2003 too:

Rated: 90 by Josh Raynolds, Sep 07
Deep ruby. Smoky cherry and blackberry aromas are deepened by bitter chocolate, vanilla and espresso. Fleshy and sweet, with dense dark berry liqueur flavors complicated by musky underbrush and tobacco. The tannins are supple and impressively integrated, with no edges. Ripe and long on the finish. (Bon Vivant Imports, Boise, ID)

Maybe I should have bought 2?

bsevern

bdlsmoran wrote:Maybe I should have bought 2?

It sounds yummy. They've popped up quite a few of the wines twice already, maybe it'll come up again.

bsevern

Sweet deal on Santa Cruz Mountains pinot just up on Invino.

klezman

I'd love to have some high quality kosher wine, but $70 is kind of steep. Let's move along.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
klezman wrote:I'd love to have some high quality kosher wine, but $70 is kind of steep. Let's move along.

agreed

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:Sweet deal on Santa Cruz Mountains pinot just up on Invino.

harvested at 25.0 and 14.2 ABV, I wonder..

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:harvested at 25.0 and 14.2 ABV, I wonder..

And pH 3.77. That's why I'm passing.

bsevern

Still stuck on the exceedingly overpriced bottle of covenant...geesh.

mommadeb1

bsevern wrote:Still stuck on the exceedingly overpriced bottle of covenant...geesh.

seriously, I have got to get on with my life!!! lets get to the affordable wine!!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Sweet deal on Santa Cruz Mountains pinot just up on Invino.

I've done a tasting of the higher end Pinots from this same winery (Vine Hill winery / Cumbre is their higher end label), and I came away impressed. Haven't tried this Gatos Locos which I think is their more mass-market brand, but I might go in for this package at this price.

Although, I'm thinking I'll hold back since the tasting description lists "sappy" which is not something I value in a Pinot.

WTSO has had some of their Pinots under the Vine Hill label for $14.99 which I picked up recently.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
bsevern wrote:Still stuck on the exceedingly overpriced bottle of covenant...geesh.

5+ hrs. later and still stuck. Worse than a woot-off killer!

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:I've done a tasting of the higher end Pinots from this same winery (Vine Hill winery / Cumbre is their higher end label), and I came away impressed. Haven't tried this Gatos Locos which I think is their more mass-market brand, but I might go in for this package at this price.

Although, I'm thinking I'll hold back since the tasting description lists "sappy" which is not something I value in a Pinot.

WTSO has had some of their Pinots under the Vine Hill label for $14.99 which I picked up recently.

After Last Bottle put a hurting on me the past two days, I'm going to pass on the pinot deal. I have a bottle of their Vine Hill Cumbre Vineyard Pinot Noir, but haven't tried it (it also came from Invino). I need to do a Santa Cruz Mountain wine tasting when they have their wine adventure, I hear a lot of good things about the pinots coming from there, and I love a good pinot.

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:seriously, I have got to get on with my life!!! lets get to the affordable wine!!

Like the Thumbprint Red on WTSO that you talked up in the Pub? I just don't know if I want 4 of them. I see from the Thumbprint website that the 2008 vintage was 59% Syrah, 21% Zin, 10% Petite Syrah, 7% Cab Franc and 3% Viognier.

The '09 vintage is not listed on their site. Do you happen to have a breakdown for the '09 blend?

EDIT: I just took the plunge but would still be interested in a breakdown if anyone has one.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
chipgreen wrote:5+ hrs. later and still stuck. Worse than a woot-off killer!

It might be over. The last wine, which was up before during the sell off, starts with "OUR SECOND MOVING MANIA MARATHON IS ON! Two little caveats, as well: Because we’re blowing these out, there will not be a $25 credit for the last bottle purchased (a small price to pay)." But scroll down to the bottom and there is this, "If you happen to purchase the actual “last bottle” of this offer you'll instantly receive $25 in credits."

chipgreen

jmdavidson wrote:It might be over. The last wine, which was up before during the sell off, starts with "OUR SECOND MOVING MANIA MARATHON IS ON! Two little caveats, as well: Because we’re blowing these out, there will not be a $25 credit for the last bottle purchased (a small price to pay)." But scroll down to the bottom and there is this, "If you happen to purchase the actual “last bottle” of this offer you'll instantly receive $25 in credits."

I think that was still at the bottom during the previous offerings as well despite the caveat above it. What's in that green bottle - malt liquor?

mommadeb1

chipgreen wrote:Like the Thumbprint Red on WTSO that you talked up in the Pub? I just don't know if I want 4 of them. I see from the Thumbprint website that the 2008 vintage was 59% Syrah, 21% Zin, 10% Petite Syrah, 7% Cab Franc and 3% Viognier.

The '09 vintage is not listed on their site. Do you happen to have a breakdown for the '09 blend?

EDIT: I just took the plunge but would still be interested in a breakdown if anyone has one.

just checked my last bottle....no notes on the blend... all I know is that I LOVE thumbprint wines!!! I even have my mom hooked on them. Email the winery, I'm sure they can give you a breakdown..... I hope you enjoy them as much as I do...

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:It might be over. The last wine, which was up before during the sell off, starts with "OUR SECOND MOVING MANIA MARATHON IS ON! Two little caveats, as well: Because we’re blowing these out, there will not be a $25 credit for the last bottle purchased (a small price to pay)." But scroll down to the bottom and there is this, "If you happen to purchase the actual “last bottle” of this offer you'll instantly receive $25 in credits."

Official now:
THE MARATHON IS OVER!

CT

bdlsmoran

Vitis.com has a good deal on some nice Riesling: Léon Beyer “Cuvée des Comtes d'Eguisheim” Riesling 2003 for $28.00 each. Free shipping when ordering 3.
I would order some but the Last Bottle sale put me on wine overload.

PM me if you would like a referral

chipgreen

mommadeb1 wrote:just checked my last bottle....no notes on the blend... all I know is that I LOVE thumbprint wines!!! I even have my mom hooked on them. Email the winery, I'm sure they can give you a breakdown..... I hope you enjoy them as much as I do...

Thanks for checking, it sounded tasty from the description and your recommendation helped as well. Looking forward to trying it!

bsevern

chipgreen wrote:Thanks for checking, it sounded tasty from the description and your recommendation helped as well. Looking forward to trying it!

Let us know what you think, I've been waivering on Thumbprint cellars stuff for a while....four bottles is a bit of a flyer...great if it you enjoy it, but if not...

bsevern

Winelibrary sent out this offer:

https://winelibrary.com/wines/49976-07-finca-sandoval#

The many CT reviews are great, and the price is great. Winesearcher actually shows another merchant selling it for only $16.98 and offers free shipping on your first web order over $50.

Anyone tried this stuff? Seems like a no brainer if they'll hold shipment until the fall to avoid the heat. Anyone in the south bay want to split a case

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:After Last Bottle put a hurting on me the past two days, I'm going to pass on the pinot deal. I have a bottle of their Vine Hill Cumbre Vineyard Pinot Noir, but haven't tried it (it also came from Invino). I need to do a Santa Cruz Mountain wine tasting when they have their wine adventure, I hear a lot of good things about the pinots coming from there, and I love a good pinot.

You should definitely check out the Surf City Vinters tasting area in Santa Cruz. Vine Hill recently moved their tasting room to this spot. You can park your car and walk between a bunch of different wineries, although Vine Hill was the best of the ones I tasted, but I didn't hit all of them.

Here is an article about the area:

http://www.sfgate.com/wine/article/14-Santa-Cruz-tasting-rooms-at-Surf-City-Vintners-3480625.php

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:You should definitely check out the Surf City Vinters tasting area in Santa Cruz. Vine Hill recently moved their tasting room to this spot. You can park your car and walk between a bunch of different wineries, although Vine Hill was the best of the ones I tasted, but I didn't hit all of them.

Here is an article about the area:

http://www.sfgate.com/wine/article/14-Santa-Cruz-tasting-rooms-at-Surf-City-Vintners-3480625.php

I will definitely check it out, thanks!

A couple of folks at work live in Santa Cruz, and one of them brought me a Santa Cruz Mountains winery map. I was surprised how many wineries are in that area.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bsevern wrote:I will definitely check it out, thanks!

A couple of folks at work live in Santa Cruz, and one of them brought me a Santa Cruz Mountains winery map. I was surprised how many wineries are in that area.

Find Mount Eden vineyards, you can thank me later.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Find Mount Eden vineyards, you can thank me later.

After that, find Woodside Vineyards. Don't know if they have a tasting room in the hills, but they do have one by 101/Woodside Rd.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:After that, find Woodside Vineyards. Don't know if they have a tasting room in the hills, but they do have one by 101/Woodside Rd.

"This"

Excellent choice, I really need to head back up there soon.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

duckduckgoose

quality posts: 3 Private Messages duckduckgoose

Also recommend Copious Winery..several excellent pinots. They are located just down the block on Swift St.

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Among my favorites are:
Thomas Fogarty
Picchetti
Big Basin

A little further south in Corralitos, I really liked Windy Oaks and Alfaro Family Vineyards.

I posted some notes from a recent trip on CT.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

Scott Harvey offer:

With a combined total of 104 medals,
Team USA is #1 at the 2012 Summer Games
"CELEBRATE THE GOLD" SPECIAL
You too can bring home the gold during our 24-Hour "Celebrate the Gold" event, featuring our 2012 Award Winning Wines.

For 24-HOURS ONLY, when you order $130.00 or more of our 2012 Award Winning Wines we'll take $46.00 OFF your entire order.

Use coupon code "goldmedal" to see your savings.

Don't forget....Wine Club Members receive 20% Off

full email here

bsevern

Anyone looking for a nicely priced Bordeaux style blend, the WTSO Bell Canyon Red Blend Napa Valley 2009 Estate Vineyards offer is very good. Estate grown Howell MT fruit from one of the "big" makers under a secondary label. I picked up some, and with a proper decanting, it's very good. I believe it will age beautifully too.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
joelsisk wrote:Scott Harvey offer:

With a combined total of 104 medals,
Team USA is #1 at the 2012 Summer Games
"CELEBRATE THE GOLD" SPECIAL
You too can bring home the gold during our 24-Hour "Celebrate the Gold" event, featuring our 2012 Award Winning Wines.

For 24-HOURS ONLY, when you order $130.00 or more of our 2012 Award Winning Wines we'll take $46.00 OFF your entire order.

Use coupon code "goldmedal" to see your savings.

Don't forget....Wine Club Members receive 20% Off

full email here

I somehow overlooked that email until I just saw this. Going to see what I can get some of that Riesling for, but I have a feeling the shipping will kill any deal.

Edit: We are truly spoiled here at woot. $46 savings almost completely wiped out by $28.95 shipping and $5.81 in sales tax, on only 6 bottles.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

North316 wrote:I somehow overlooked that email until I just saw this. Going to see what I can get some of that Riesling for, but I have a feeling the shipping will kill any deal.

Edit: We are truly spoiled here at woot. $46 savings almost completely wiped out by $28.95 shipping and $5.81 in sales tax, on only 6 bottles.

i'll second that!

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bsevern wrote:Anyone looking for a nicely priced Bordeaux style blend, the WTSO Bell Canyon Red Blend Napa Valley 2009 Estate Vineyards offer is very good. Estate grown Howell MT fruit from one of the "big" makers under a secondary label. I picked up some, and with a proper decanting, it's very good. I believe it will age beautifully too.

Thanks, in for 6.