North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
nealkb wrote:I'm not liking this 4 bottle minimum on wtso.



I never have liked that. It's a bad move by them. I would probably buy a significant amount of wine from them on these sales if it was just 4 bottles total for free shipping, not 4 per order.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
North316 wrote:I never have liked that. It's a bad move by them. I would probably buy a significant amount of wine from them on these sales if it was just 4 bottles total for free shipping, not 4 per order.



Agree! I like how last bottle did their Mayan sale. Buy all you want, shipped free.

Neal K Bharadwaj

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
nealkb wrote:Agree! I like how last bottle did their Mayan sale. Buy all you want, shipped free.



Or, I wish I had the option to hold purchases with WTSO for say, a week or two, and if I meet a certain bottle minimum when shipping comes around, they comp it and ship all together. Ah well, I do end up buying less from them as a result. Plenty of offers I would only want 2 or 3 of.

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

They had a 2009 tellulah Syrah for 18.99. I tried my best to get it. I come back empty handed.

Neal K Bharadwaj

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
nealkb wrote:They had a 2009 tellulah Syrah for 18.99. I tried my best to get it. I come back empty handed.



If it was the Bald Mountain, huge miss. LOVE that stuff.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
kylemittskus wrote:If it was the Bald Mountain, huge miss. LOVE that stuff.



The wine right before it seemed good too. Only 100 cases of that one produced.

Neal K Bharadwaj

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
nealkb wrote:The wine right before it seemed good too. Only 100 cases of that one produced.




I got the 2007 bald mtn ranch for $14. The 2009 stagecoast was $20. This was last november and august on wtso.


redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bud8jr wrote:I got the 2007 bald mtn ranch for $14. The 2009 stagecoast was $20. This was last november and august on wtso.



It was the 2009 Stagecoach today for $18.99. Sad I missed it, since that is some excellent juice, and I only have one bottle left.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen

Haven't seen Mike Drash on WW lately... seemed like he was destined to become the next Harvey/Wellington/Rasmussen/Caton/Meeker/ElJefe but his wines keep showing up elsewhere.

noslensj


quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
blakewoot wrote:
2011 Domaine du Garde Temps Côtes de Provence Tourbillon $11


One of my outstanding buys over the last couple of years. When it showed up a second time I pounced and bought a case. Right now I'm wishing I had bought more.

trifecta


quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2004 Monti Barolo Bussia on LB for $39. FS on 4. Would like to try a bottle of this as I have had very little exposure to Barolo. According to the vintage report 2004 was an awesome Piedmont vintage.

Any others out there that would like to try? Bsev, ajrod? neal?

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
trifecta wrote:2004 Monti Barolo Bussia on LB for $39. FS on 4. Would like to try a bottle of this as I have had very little exposure to Barolo. According to the vintage report 2004 was an awesome Piedmont vintage.

Any others out there that would like to try? Bsev, ajrod? neal?



I was thinking the same thing, if anyone in Charlotte wants to spilt

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

LB Borolo...Kyle split???? check your dang email

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
tytiger58 wrote:LB Borolo...Kyle split???? check your dang email



Deal is done!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




random122


quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
trifecta wrote:2004 Monti Barolo Bussia on LB for $39. FS on 4. Would like to try a bottle of this as I have had very little exposure to Barolo. According to the vintage report 2004 was an awesome Piedmont vintage.

Any others out there that would like to try? Bsev, ajrod? neal?



I'd be interested.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
trifecta wrote:2004 Monti Barolo Bussia on LB for $39. FS on 4. Would like to try a bottle of this as I have had very little exposure to Barolo. According to the vintage report 2004 was an awesome Piedmont vintage.



Anyone in Chicago want to split 4 bottles? PM me.

Sorry...it's gone.
KH: at least that's one way to save some $$.

trifecta


quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
random122 wrote:I'd be interested.



Darn - Its gone already. Maybe next time

karenhynes


quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:Anyone in Chicago want to split 4 bottles? PM me.



I'm in! (if still available)

PS: The Scopone Brunello on the sale rack at Mainstreet is the same one I picked up there last fall. I need to try that soon to see if it is worth picking up more.

Edit: Ooops, looks like it sold out before I finished reading the thread...maybe next time (unless you already bought).

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:Deal is done!



En-ab-ler!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
kylemittskus wrote:En-ab-ler!



What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Costco (in Austin) had the 2010 Iron Horse Unoaked Chardonnay for $18.99. The price isn't completely amazing, but it's close to what wineshopper.com was selling the 2009 for, and I haven't tried the 2010 yet.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

joelsisk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

Did anyone ever sign up for lot18's tasting room deal?

joelsisk


quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

through tomorrow (haven't seen this posted yet)

C G Di Arie quick click

Six Bottle Pack includes... 2 btls each of 2009 Break Away Zinfandel, 2008 Petite Sirah, 2009 Barbera

$99 (regular $144) includes shipping.

Good deal on great juice

jmdavidson


quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
joelsisk wrote:Did anyone ever sign up for lot18's tasting room deal?



Did. Got 'em. They (unbeknownst to me) expired. I complained to Lot18. They doubled them with an expiration of the end of the month. Guess it pays to complain.

EDIT: was referring to the credit deal that was offered. I have no idea what happened to the bottles.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:Did. Got 'em. They (unbeknownst to me) expired. I complained to Lot18. They doubled them with an expiration of the end of the month. Guess it pays to complain.



Sorry. What did Lot18 do to make up for the expired bottles?

No matter what they did to make up for it, that is s****y business.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek


quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Wine Library has 2 more bottles of 2009 Corison Cab on sale for $56.97.

Avg. CT price is $64 (club) and bottles run $75 direct from the Winery if you are not a club member. Picked up a few but saw that two are left if anyone is interested.

Wine Library - 2009 Corison Cab

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

Anyone tried the Gary Farrell Syrah on LB? CT notes for the 2008 look great, but the 2009 has only 2 reviews and both are bad.

richardhod


quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod
tdedek wrote:Wine Library has 2 more bottles of 2009 Corison Cab on sale for $56.97.

Avg. CT price is $64 (club) and bottles run $75 direct from the Winery if you are not a club member. Picked up a few but saw that two are left if anyone is interested.

Wine Library - 2009 Corison Cab



That's an autobuy! It's a gem, and a great price. Still going strong it is.

InFrom


quality posts: 33 Private Messages InFrom
richardhod wrote:That's an autobuy! It's a gem, and a great price. Still going strong it is.

Sadly, it's gone.

loveladyelectric


quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric
loveladyelectric wrote:Anyone tried the Gary Farrell Syrah on LB? CT notes for the 2008 look great, but the 2009 has only 2 reviews and both are bad.



Bump.

Anyone?

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Got some email from R. Merlo, they have a 99$ mix n match case special.

Neal K Bharadwaj

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
loveladyelectric wrote:Bump.

Anyone?



I guess not. Buena Vista used to do Syrah from that vineyard too.

I have only had PN from that vineyard and it was quite nice (to a non pinophile)

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
loveladyelectric wrote:Bump.

Anyone?



Yes, it's delicious. It definitely reminds me of the Buena Vista Ramal Syrah. I have the 2008. Totally missed they 2009

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

trifecta


quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
nealkb wrote:Got some email from R. Merlo, they have a 99$ mix n match case special.



Can you post the details? Like their wines.

jhkey


quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey
loveladyelectric wrote:Bump.

Anyone?



Yes, I had the 08. I was a great deal for $20 on LB. Not a big fruit Syrah, but restrained and classic in style, you can definitely dell its Carneros (colder climate). It needed a couple hours to open up and show itself, I'm going to keep my others for a few more years.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

rjquillin


quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin
InFrom wrote:Sadly, it's gone.



Muhahaha, last bottle!
Mine.

CT

klezman


quality posts: 129 Private Messages klezman

Iron Horse 2010 Unoaked Chardonnay, $18 at Costco in Burbank.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rlmanzo


quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo
nealkb wrote:Got some email from R. Merlo, they have a 99$ mix n match case special.



Could you supply some more info? Nothing on their site about this..

Is it broke or just fractured?

cortot20


quality posts: 158 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Iron Horse 2010 Unoaked Chardonnay, $18 at Costco in Burbank.



I feel like my local Costco has the worst selection of wine from any Costco I have been to.

CT

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
rlmanzo wrote:Could you supply some more info? Nothing on their site about this..



Last Chance for $99.95 Mixed Case!

Just a heads-up everyone, this is the last weekend to mix a case of our library wines for only $99.95! Come hang with us and stock your cellar!

We also have all our new releases out, and you've got to try them!



Saluté,
Merlo Family Vineyards
February Specials

$99.95 Mixed Case

09 Chardonnay,
06/08 Pinot Noir, 04/05 Syrah

50% off Library Chard, Pinot, and Cab

09 Chard ...... $9
06 Pinot ........ $9
08 Pinot ....... $10
05 Cab ........ $20

Their tasting room is at the old sugar mill in clarksburg, near Elk Grove.

Neal K Bharadwaj