redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:I hope Sparky has a BIG trunk!

In my imagination, he drives a bigger version of this:

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

2003 Bressia Profundo Mendoza on LB for $17. FS on 4.

Good review from Tanzer if your palate aligns with his. Also all positive reviews on CT. I would be willing to try one or two at that price, but not 4.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:2003 Bressia Profundo Mendoza on LB for $17. FS on 4.

Good review from Tanzer if your palate aligns with his. Also all positive reviews on CT. I would be willing to try one or two at that price, but not 4.

likewise

CT

redwinefan

For those that didn't spend enough on BD, Larry from Tercero posted that his deals will be live until Monday.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
redwinefan wrote:For those that didn't spend enough on BD, Larry from Tercero posted that his deals will be live until Monday.

What deals?

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
CAGrl wrote:What deals?

Two different full case options. Either a sampling of both red and white blends or a sampling of the varietally labeled wines. Something like $250/case.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

redwinefan

CAGrl wrote:What deals?

You can get to them off his website. They are the "WB packs" Shipping is included.

http://tercerowines.com/purchase/

rjquillin

Possibly interesting $19 2006 PN on LB from Sans Permis. They seem to be better known for their chards, but generally good numbers on everything. Absolutely no experience with them; others? Splitz?

CT

loveladyelectric

quality posts: 23 Private Messages loveladyelectric

2006 Sans Permis Pinot Noir Velours Paysage on Last Bottle. No cellar tracker notes. 2005 vintage has notes but is a Santa Rita central coast PN, not Sonoma Coast like this one.

Anyone had it and can provide tasting notes or anything?

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Possibly interesting $19 2006 PN on LB from Sans Permis. They seem to be better known for their chards, but generally good numbers on everything. Absolutely no experience with them; others? Splitz?

I went in on this, willing to split

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Possibly interesting $19 2006 PN on LB from Sans Permis. They seem to be better known for their chards, but generally good numbers on everything. Absolutely no experience with them; others? Splitz?

Tastes like really sweet candy and had mouthfeel like Syrah was blended in. YMMV

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

loveladyelectric

tytiger58 wrote:Tastes like really sweet candy and had mouthfeel like Syrah was blended in. YMMV

Def not my cup of tea. Thanks for the heads up.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Anyone have any thoughts on the Michel-Schlumberger CS on WTSO?

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
redwinefan wrote:You can get to them off his website. They are the "WB packs" Shipping is included.

http://tercerowines.com/purchase/

Received mine today. Quick and easy process with Larry emailing me with every step. Awesome customer service! Can't wait to try these!

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

I read this as sans penis. Made me laugh.

CT

rjquillin

cortot20 wrote:I read this as sans penis. Made me laugh.

It's a girl kind of wine?

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
klezman wrote:Two different full case options. Either a sampling of both red and white blends or a sampling of the varietally labeled wines. Something like $250/case.

Hmm. Interesting deal. Debating on if I should buy and if so, which one. Any suggestions?

dstearl

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dstearl
bsevern wrote:I went in on this, willing to split

I went in too. I bought the Sans p chard and it is amazing for the $12 I paid. If the Pinot is half as good as the chard this is a steal.

Should be fun to try

redwinefan

CAGrl wrote:Hmm. Interesting deal. Debating on if I should buy and if so, which one. Any suggestions?

I'd go with the red blend/white case if you can choose just one (unless you just went in on his Woot offer since some of these are duplicated)

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
redwinefan wrote:I'd go with the red blend/white case if you can choose just one (unless you just went in on his Woot offer since some of these are duplicated)

+1. The Outlier is spectacular!!!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

Kyle, is the San Roman Toro up on Cindy the same as the one you brought to the gathering at my place? If so, I'm happy to go in with some help from others to get the free shipping.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Kyle, is the San Roman Toro up on Cindy the same as the one you brought to the gathering at my place? If so, I'm happy to go in with some help from others to get the free shipping.

I'm thinking we had the 2005, this is, however, very interesting and I'd take one or two.

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
klezman wrote:Kyle, is the San Roman Toro up on Cindy the same as the one you brought to the gathering at my place? If so, I'm happy to go in with some help from others to get the free shipping.

I brought the 05 to your place..I would go in with you but I already bought a bunch...PM for you.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:I brought the 05 to your place..I would go in with you but I already bought a bunch...PM for you.

Oh...don't know why I thought Kyle brought it PM reply on the way.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Any thhoughts on the moon mountain on LB fpr $16?

"The older I get the better I was"

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
losthighwayz wrote:Any thhoughts on the moon mountain on LB fpr $16?

Moon Mountain will never die

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:Any thhoughts on the moon mountain on LB fpr $16?

Since they only have ~7 cases, it should be interesting to see how long this lasts.

CT

rjquillin

Earlier today I picked up a couple 2006 Col Solare Columbia Valledy Red Wine for $32.97/btl as a flyer. Anyone had this?

Also had a conversation with the Costco wine guy, the CH rep was there as well, and found out if there is an asterisk " * " on the info tag, it's a last-of-stock close out. Also, if the price ends in "7", it's a sale price, as most end in "9".

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:Earlier today I picked up a couple 2006 Col Solare Columbia Valledy Red Wine for $32.97/btl as a flyer. Anyone had this?

Also had a conversation with the Costco wine guy, the CH rep was there as well, and found out if there is an asterisk " * " on the info tag, it's a last-of-stock close out. Also, if the price ends in "7", it's a sale price, as most end in "9".

Another guest at a dinner party I attended had brought a bottle of this, although I do not recall the vintage. It was delicious. Where did you buy your's?

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:Another guest at a dinner party I attended had brought a bottle of this, although I do not recall the vintage. It was delicious. Where did you buy your's?

Ahhh, I see it wasn't really clear; Costco.

CT

loveladyelectric

rjquillin wrote:Ahhh, I see it wasn't really clear; Costco.

Summerwood offering from last week is back up on LB. I got 4 bottles. I can crack one open tomorrow night and give me opinion if you want, but obviously it may not still be up.

First impression is they didn't skimp on the bottle. It's made from very thick, heavy glass with wide shoulders and a very tall heel. I assume this means the wine was made for aging.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
loveladyelectric wrote:Summerwood offering from last week is back up on LB. I got 4 bottles. I can crack one open tomorrow night and give me opinion if you want, but obviously it may not still be up.

First impression is they didn't skimp on the bottle. It's made from very thick, heavy glass with wide shoulders and a very tall heel. I assume this means the wine was made for aging.

I had an 03 of their top bottling a year ago and it could have still used some time. It was, however, really nice.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

loveladyelectric

kylemittskus wrote:I had an 03 of their top bottling a year ago and it could have still used some time. It was, however, really nice.

I just got an email about the Booker spring shipment and have now instated a SIWBM. Not sure how much longer I can afford this.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

anyone have any experience on the Cuatro Pasos Rosado Mencia 2009 currently up at lastbottle ($6, FS on 8)? It sounds interesting, but nothing on CT, and not really familiar with the region.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
joelsisk wrote:anyone have any experience on the Cuatro Pasos Rosado Mencia 2009 currently up at lastbottle ($6, FS on 8)? It sounds interesting, but nothing on CT, and not really familiar with the region.

Similar one here fs on 4.
http://lastcallwines.com/

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Brace yourself. Wtso sale coming. 2/20
Cheapskate Wednesday will run from 6am to midnight Eastern Time.
We will be posting offers every 15 minutes (or sooner if an item sells out).
Every item will be priced from $7.99 to $18.99
Ground shipping is FREE on orders of four or more bottles.

Neal K Bharadwaj

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
nealkb wrote:Brace yourself. Wtso sale coming. 2/20

Thanks for the notification! Now when that wine arrives and SWMBO hits the roof I can blame it on you!

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
nealkb wrote:Brace yourself. Wtso sale coming. 2/20

Fortunately I will be out of the country that day, with limited internet access.

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
noslensj wrote:Fortunately I will be out of the country that day, with limited internet access.

I will try my best to be far far away from any internet device.

Neal K Bharadwaj

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
nealkb wrote:I will try my best to be far far away from any internet device.

I was actually not tempted last time. My bar is set extremely high for reds right now and most of the cheapskate stuff won't do it.

Didn't buy a thing for almost a month then caved for 3 bottles from Halcon and 8 bottles of the orange wine we had been waiting for for so long.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar