rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo
kylemittskus wrote:I have a mag and 1.5 case of standard.

Everyone is raving about this wine. Trying to decide between 6 of the 2010 or 6 of 2010 plus 6 of the 2009.

Any thoughts?

Is it broke or just fractured?

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:Sojourn, tempting. Any comments on style beyond what are on the site. The 'forward' comments are my concern.

You made some good choices today IMHO, Agree with Kyle we will find out what there like...but then again I like forward wines as well as restrained wines if they are well made and depending on my mood

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

tytiger58

rlmanzo wrote:Everyone is raving about this wine. Trying to decide between 6 of the 2010 or 6 of 2010 plus 6 of the 2009.

Any thoughts?

Buy both...they are young but delicious and should age very well.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:Gets lots of love but haven't had it yet. Glad I'm able to now with tyger.

You two are killing me. I need to move north, or get you to do more splitz.

Rascal Pinot?

CT

tytiger58

@#@!@# just caved on the Windy Oaks offer too...my wife is going to kill me! but I just love there Pinot's @!@#@

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:@#@!@# just caved on the Windy Oaks offer too...my wife is going to kill me! but I just love there Pinot's @!@#@

You get donor FS too?

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:You get donor FS too?

Yes

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:You two are killing me. I need to move north, or get you to do more splitz.

Rascal Pinot?

No clue. About $11 shipped, though...

Tyger and I are always good for splits.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

Nicora winery in Paso who sold out there entire BD offer in 5 minutes is offering free shipping for life if you sign up for there wine club today..I'm going to check them out!

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:You two are killing me. I need to move north, or get you to do more splitz.

Rascal Pinot?

I think its too late for rascql pinot...i was interested in it but did not want to go in on a full vase...if u r able to get in on it Ill be glad to split...i am in so cal (san gabriel valley) arent you in SD?

"The older I get the better I was"

rjquillin

losthighwayz wrote:I think its too late for rascql pinot...i was interested in it but did not want to go in on a full vase...if u r able to get in on it Ill be glad to split...i am in so cal (san gabriel valley) arent you in SD?

Didn't see it till later. I'll try tomorrow and cut you in if I can make it work. Yes, San Diego.

CT

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Got sucked into Halcon, Cabot and Tercero....I'm counting on you guys!

Is it broke or just fractured?

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
rjquillin wrote:Didn't see it till later. I'll try tomorrow and cut you in if I can make it work. Yes, San Diego.

Cool. Let me know.

"The older I get the better I was"

tytiger58

rlmanzo wrote:Got sucked into Halcon, Cabot and Tercero....I'm counting on you guys!

If you don't like any of them send em to me I'll drink them!

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
time2testit wrote:So we both just wait until it's too late and then say "damn" or say "saved some money and have enough already?"

Yes. Or say both in one breath

Was that phone message from you? It was pretty garbled.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman

time2testit wrote:Want to go in on the Sojourn (1 of Sangiacomo for each of us and 1 of the Sonoma Coast for each of us)??

I think I can be convinced...that's going to end up being, what, $32/bottle or so?

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
klezman wrote:Yes. Or say both in one breath

Was that phone message from you? It was pretty garbled.

Yes. It was. Ends up at $35/bottle with tax. If it's still available.

klezman

time2testit wrote:We would, but Klez disappeared (even tried his cell). On the fence though, since after adding in CA tax it would average out to $35/bottle on the 4. I understand it's a nice savings off retail pricing and shipping, but still.

Sorry...ended up being out all afternoon. $35 is on the edge for me, considering the other bottles I can get for the price. But it's a solid discount from a well known producer, so it seems like a good thing to try. Therefore I'm torn. I could easily go either way and not feel bad.

time2testit

klezman wrote:Sorry...ended up being out all afternoon. $35 is on the edge for me, considering the other bottles I can get for the price. But it's a solid discount from a well known producer, so it seems like a good thing to try. Therefore I'm torn. I could easily go either way and not feel bad.

Ditto. Although unlike the other winery offers on that site today, we've tried these and they were really good. But, we are going to dinner very soon so....yes/no?

klezman

time2testit wrote:Ditto. Although unlike the other winery offers on that site today, we've tried these and they were really good. But, we are going to dinner very soon so....yes/no?

I leave it in your hands...if you think it's worth it then I'm in.

time2testit

klezman wrote:I leave it in your hands...if you think it's worth it then I'm in.

Well, that's a lot of pressure but...purchase made. First BD purchase as well.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

So, what's the damage reports from the WB sale?

I've got Tercero, Sojourn, Pinots from Cabot (thanks Hokiedevil!), Pinots from Cellars 33, and Syrahs from Capesino.

Way more wine than I wanted to purchase, but I'm excited about all of them.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tytiger58

redwinefan wrote:So, what's the damage reports from the WB sale?

I've got Tercero, Sojourn, Pinots from Cabot (thanks Hokiedevil!), Pinots from Cellars 33, and Syrahs from Capesino.

Jean Edwards, Andersons Conn Valley, Sojourn, Windy Oaks, annnd I will restock my Cabot Syrahs.

klezman

time2testit wrote:Well, that's a lot of pressure but...purchase made. First BD purchase as well.

No pressure at all - it's easier for me to leave it in your hands than to decide myself I'll add those two to the ledger. The ledger is getting longer. I'm also still considering the Buttonwood CF offer, but it doesn't quite feel like enough of a deal.

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Jean Edwards, Andersons Conn Valley, Sojourn, Windy Oaks, annnd I will restock my Cabot Syrahs.

Two Jean Edwards from you, and two Sojourn from time2testit. I'm ok with 4 bottles.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:This is where I can harness my inherent ability to not decide stuff. By the time I decide I'd be ok with it, the deal is gone. Procrastinators - leaders of tomorrow.

Don't you mean leaders of the day after tomorrow?

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

I went in on Jean Edwards, Cellars 33, Calluna, EMH Black Cat and Rasa.

Looking forward to them all!

rjquillin

After yesterday's burnout, difficult to return to normalcy, but Invino has 2010 Foppiano Sauvignon Blanc RRV Estate Bottled for $14. RPM tour members were grabbing cases of this for $9, it was that good; $14, humm.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

Only 5 bottles, but cost $200. I need to get crappier tastes. Jean Edwards and Sojourn.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
tdedek wrote:I went in on Jean Edwards, Cellars 33, Calluna, EMH Black Cat and Rasa.

Looking forward to them all!

Also purchased a Wine Check. Will be very useful when making the migration to California this year and will be well used in general! Now that I know about it, seems like a must have...

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Wish that all the deals died yesterday, but I just bought the Cabot Syrah pack because I've had a day for the rave reviews here to settle and marinate. I'm just glad I'm not into Pinots at the moment since the offerings yesterday seemed pretty Pinot-heavy.

The Tercero varieties pack looks so tempting, but I don't have room for a full case. Any chance anyone in the Bay Area wants a split? or maybe it'll sell out soon and stop enticing me...

Edit: Went ahead and bought the varietals case anyway. More for my soul, less for my wallet.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

I carefully considered my credit card balances, the status of my accounts receivable, the shortage of suitable space to store more wine, and finally (but most importantly) my relationship with DW and that yesterday also happened to be her birthday. So I spent the day out with her, smartphone turned off.

So I swapped the allures of her for the temptations of the sale. An exchange gladly made.

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99

Yeah, that tends to happen on BerserkerDay. Luckily, I "restricted" my purchases to a six-pack of Bailiwick (really excited to try a new producer!), a six-pack of Big Basin, and a mixed case of Tercero. Nearly jumped on the Sojourn, Cabot, and Windy Oaks offers, but held off. Looks like a couple of offers are still going on today, though. Ugh, resistance getting low...must stay strong...

dalematthew

quality posts: 22 Private Messages dalematthew

I ended up with:
- Sojourn: 2 Sangiacomo and 2 Sonoma Coast PN
- Halcon: 6 2009 and 6 2010 Syrah
- Jean Edwards: 1 each of the Stagecoach 07 and 08 and 2 of the 74-41 Cabernet
- Stefania: case of Chard for the wife

Thanks for all the help guys.

Do you like how I threw in the case of chard so when all this turns up it will hopefully ease the questions.

rjquillin

Thoughts from anyone on the budget Bodegas Olarra Rioja Anares Reserva 2006 from WL?

CT

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

I got three magnums of Halcon Alturas - the vertical was gone, but Paul was nice to suggest 2x2009 magnum +1 2011 magnum at the same price. I have a few 750ml bottles of the 2010 in my cellar, so I can approximate the vertical anyway.

Also the Cabot Pinot 3-pack and Syrah 3-pack.

I am new to Wine Beserker and I found the whole sale a bit challenging to navigate - which was probably good for my wallet.

tytiger58

blakewoot wrote:I got three magnums of Halcon Alturas - the vertical was gone, but Paul was nice to suggest 2x2009 magnum +1 2011 magnum at the same price. I have a few 750ml bottles of the 2010 in my cellar, so I can approximate the vertical anyway.

Also the Cabot Pinot 3-pack and Syrah 3-pack.

I am new to Wine Beserker and I found the whole sale a bit challenging to navigate - which was probably good for my wallet.

Just emailed Paul myself and begged for any mags he might have left.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Just emailed Paul myself and begged for any mags he might have left.

I apparently live just 5 miles from Paul and have arranged to purchase a small selection to try and see if it is as good as you and Kyle say it is.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:I apparently live just 5 miles from Paul and have arranged to purchase a small selection to try and see if it is as good as you and Kyle say it is.

Hope you like them...if not next time your in my area bring them by I'll take them off your hands.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Hope you like them...if not next time your in my area bring them by I'll take them off your hands.

Well, I know his customer service is great so I am sure the wine is made with great passion and I know that your palate isn't completely wonky so I'm not too worried.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar