bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:Ok. Picked up six bottles.

So did I

I should've said that last nite...well I hope this is killer zin...and definitely have plenty to split if anyone wants some

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:So did I

I should've said that last nite...well I hope this is killer zin...and definitely have plenty to split if anyone wants some

Doh! I should have picked up on that, but it was late and I was tired...

RJ- I can hold 3 for you until D&D and will send it back with Sparky in the sad event you can't make it.

rjquillin

quality posts: 171 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Doh! I should have picked up on that, but it was late and I was tired...

RJ- I can hold 3 for you until D&D and will send it back with Sparky in the sad event you can't make it.

Sweet, thanks.

Did both you and bsevern pop for a 6-pac? A case between the two of you? If so, four each would work too.

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:Sweet, thanks.

Did both you and bsevern pop for a 6-pac? A case between the two of you? If so, four each would work too.

Yep we both took a 6-pac

Would you like 3 of mine?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

In the past a number of people have commented in this thread about Tallulah wines. At WTSO right now is Tallulah Wines Farina Vineyard, Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay 2009 @ $19.99, 4x free shipping.

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Sweet, thanks.

I could do that.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
noslensj wrote:In the past a number of people have commented in this thread about Tallulah wines. At WTSO right now is Tallulah Wines Farina Vineyard, Sonoma Mountain Chardonnay 2009 @ $19.99, 4x free shipping.

I've never had a Tallulah white, but I'm curious. I've enjoyed all their wines I've tried. I'm on a SIWBM though, and this deal doesn't seem cheap enough for me to break it.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

redwinefan wrote:I've never had a Tallulah white, but I'm curious. I've enjoyed all their wines I've tried. I'm on a SIWBM though, and this deal doesn't seem cheap enough for me to break it.

I wouldn't mind trying a bottle too, but don't really need more then one (too many whites on hand that need to be drunk within the next year).

bsevern

Been wanting to try a Brunello for a while, so I couldn't pass this deal up on WTSO:

2005 La Fiorita Brunello $24.99
Free Shipping on 4 or more

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Iron Horse has a nice deal available for a limited time. They're recommending their Commander's Palace (New Orleans restaurant) bubbly for the Super Bowl, and they put out a 6 pack with 2 of those, 2 of the '08 Winter's Cuvée (my current favorite from their vast lineup), and 2 of the '08 Classic Vintage Brut. $220 and change, with $10 shipping with a code. If you're interested, and didn't get the email, PM me, and I can forward it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

redwinefan

Gary Farrell Syrah Ramal Vineyard 2008 for $19 on LastBottle. Free shipping on 4.

redwinefan

Beserker Day 2013 coming up on Sunday. Last year they had some nice offers including a couple from Tercero.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:Beserker Day 2013 coming up on Sunday. Last year they had some nice offers including a couple from Tercero.

It's going to be fun!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
tytiger58 wrote:It's going to be fun!

Dangerous.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:Dangerous.

I will have the list of winery's and deals the day before pm if interested.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:I will have the list of winery's and deals the day before pm if interested.

Yes, please send!

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

klezman wrote:Yes, please send!

I will send Sat morning.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:I will send Sat morning.

I'm torn between wanting to know and watching and not knowing ever.

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:I'm torn between wanting to know and watching and not knowing ever.

Well then I will send it to you first

You did spring big for the Halcon...i'm sure you have at least one buy left in you.

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

Invino has a $10 off coupon if you "like" them on facebook, pays for shipping.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
jhkey wrote:Invino has a $10 off coupon if you "like" them on facebook, pays for shipping.

Yes it does, but I can't use it with any of my insider credits! That's the norm for Invino promos anyway, but sure wish I could use both...

Winedavid39

quality posts: 200 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

so, we are tracking down some Ardente 04 but heard it was on another site.. but can't seem to track it down.

Mind if i use this sections help on this?

any ideas what "the others" may have had priced the 04 for? we'll of course beat it if at all possible.

let me know if you think i'm being a loser for asking..

trifecta

deleted. Looking....

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek

Cindy/WL had it up for 19.99 / bottle. Free shipping on 4 I believe?

http://cinderellawine.com/2012/11/page/7/

rjquillin

Winedavid39 wrote:so, we are tracking down some Ardente 04 but heard it was on another site.. but can't seem to track it down.

any ideas what "the others" may have had priced the 04 for? we'll of course beat it if at all possible.

PM me your email address.

CT

tytiger58

Winedavid39 wrote:so, we are tracking down some Ardente 04 but heard it was on another site.. but can't seem to track it down.

https://winelibrary.com/products/66372-ardente-grande-reserva-cabernet-sauvignon

They have had it on sale for 19.99

Edit: sorry already answered

rjquillin

rjquillin wrote:PM me your email address.

Nevermind. Found it. email sent.

CT

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl

For reference, WTSO had the 03 for $19.99 and the 01 for $17.99. Free ship for 4, as usual.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

From the TastingRoom ---It has been a pleasure serving you and sharing with fellow wine lovers our samplers and wines from producers around the world.

Unfortunately, we wanted to let you know that the TastingRoom website is no longer available. The great news is that we have arranged a partnership with Lot18, the premier provider of artisanal and boutique wines on the web. To get you started, we will be providing you with a voucher that can be redeemed on the Lot18 website upon account setup.

Watch your inbox for an email announcement from Lot18 that will include:
• The voucher that will provide Lot18 credits
• Instructions on how to redeem your voucher for any wine offered on Lot18.com.

To ensure your voucher reaches your inbox, please add today@lot18.com to your address book. Your voucher should arrive on January 24th. We have done our best to make this process as seamless as possible, since your satisfaction is and always has been our top concern. While this closes a chapter for us, we look forward to communicating with you in the near future about plans for a new TastingRoom.com.

Thank you.
TastingRoom

kylemittskus

bdlsmoran wrote:From the TastingRoom ---It has been a pleasure serving you and sharing with fellow wine lovers our samplers and wines from producers around the world.

Unfortunately, we wanted to let you know that the TastingRoom website is no longer available. The great news is that we have arranged a partnership with Lot18, the premier provider of artisanal and boutique wines on the web. To get you started, we will be providing you with a voucher that can be redeemed on the Lot18 website upon account setup.

Watch your inbox for an email announcement from Lot18 that will include:
• The voucher that will provide Lot18 credits
• Instructions on how to redeem your voucher for any wine offered on Lot18.com.

To ensure your voucher reaches your inbox, please add today@lot18.com to your address book. Your voucher should arrive on January 24th. We have done our best to make this process as seamless as possible, since your satisfaction is and always has been our top concern. While this closes a chapter for us, we look forward to communicating with you in the near future about plans for a new TastingRoom.com.

Thank you.
TastingRoom

Death to both, it sounds like.

bsevern

Anyone getting in on the Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard 2010 on Lastbottle @ $32/bottle?

Scored 95 points from the Rhone Report:

A gorgeous, cool-climate Syrah that does everything right, the 2010 Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard is 100% Syrah that spent 18 months in a scant 25% new French oak. It offers a thrilling, energetic bouquet of pure blackberries, raspberries, smoked bacon, leafy herbs, spring flowers, and hints of pepper that flows seamlessly to a medium to full-bodied wine that is perfectly balanced, beautifully textured, and very long. This incredibly elegant, finesse-driven Syrah has integrated acidity, a layered mouth feel, and builds in richness and depth over the evening. While it might not last as long as a top Hermitage or Côte-Rôtie, it will benefit from 2-3 years in the cellar, and thrill for over a decade.

~The Rhone Report

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss
bsevern wrote:Anyone getting in on the Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard 2010 on Lastbottle @ $32/bottle?

Scored 95 points from the Rhone Report:

A gorgeous, cool-climate Syrah that does everything right, the 2010 Campesino Syrah Sangiacomo Old Lakeville Vineyard is 100% Syrah that spent 18 months in a scant 25% new French oak. It offers a thrilling, energetic bouquet of pure blackberries, raspberries, smoked bacon, leafy herbs, spring flowers, and hints of pepper that flows seamlessly to a medium to full-bodied wine that is perfectly balanced, beautifully textured, and very long. This incredibly elegant, finesse-driven Syrah has integrated acidity, a layered mouth feel, and builds in richness and depth over the evening. While it might not last as long as a top Hermitage or Côte-Rôtie, it will benefit from 2-3 years in the cellar, and thrill for over a decade.

~The Rhone Report

When Was This?

I see Altvs Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2007 for $50 (4 bottle free shipping)

A nice deal there but 4 bottles is putting me way above my spending limit on wine this month

bsevern

tzarfoss wrote:When Was This?

I see Altvs Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley 2007 for $50 (4 bottle free shipping)

A nice deal there but 4 bottles is putting me way above my spending limit on wine this month

It was just up, and they said it would sell out fast (which it did this time).

Here's further commentary from them on it:

Macario Montoya, proprietor of this delicious wine, is a good local friend of ours and by all accounts a serious up and coming winemaker here in the Valley. Well, he had a few extra cases of his totally killer Syrah that he graciously offered us (he only makes about 4 barrels) and we bought all we could (pretty much just for us to drink at home!). Then, about 2 weeks ago he scores 95 POINTS from Jeb Dunnick in the Rhone Report (his ’08 scored 93 points, his ’09, 94 points --- you see a trend?!). Sure enough, we got a call from Macario pleading to get some wine back.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:It was just up, and they said it would sell out fast (which it did this time).

Here's further commentary from them on it:

Macario Montoya, proprietor of this delicious wine, is a good local friend of ours and by all accounts a serious up and coming winemaker here in the Valley. Well, he had a few extra cases of his totally killer Syrah that he graciously offered us (he only makes about 4 barrels) and we bought all we could (pretty much just for us to drink at home!). Then, about 2 weeks ago he scores 95 POINTS from Jeb Dunnick in the Rhone Report (his ’08 scored 93 points, his ’09, 94 points --- you see a trend?!). Sure enough, we got a call from Macario pleading to get some wine back.

I have purchased the 08 and the 09. Preferred the 08 over the 09 FWIW. Saw this offer and knew that the price ($32) was not that great. You can buy this from Campesino for $35/bottle. Our local Wine Style store had this for $32/bottle. If you have not tried his wines, I would seek them out to get at least a bottle. This is well made syrah. BTW he works at Pina wineries, besides doing his own label.

I did buy a couple of bottles of the altvs. Too good of a price to pass up outstanding CS.

froboy419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419

Deal on Winestyr through midnight on Friday:

Use code SEXYTIME to receive $25 off purchases of $50 or more. And as always, spend over $100 at a single winery and receive free shipping (https://www.winestyr.com/pages/how-it-works).

They have Tallulah on there, FYI.

bsevern

jmdavidson wrote:I have purchased the 08 and the 09. Preferred the 08 over the 09 FWIW. Saw this offer and knew that the price ($32) was not that great. You can buy this from Campesino for $35/bottle. Our local Wine Style store had this for $32/bottle. If you have not tried his wines, I would seek them out to get at least a bottle. This is well made syrah. BTW he works at Pina wineries, besides doing his own label.

I did buy a couple of bottles of the altvs. Too good of a price to pass up outstanding CS.

I ended up pulling the trigger on four bottles of Campesino. I'll test one now after a long decant, and lay the others down. Have to make something good to go along with it....what are people pairing Syrah with these days?

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:I ended up pulling the trigger on four bottles of Campesino. I'll test one now after a long decant, and lay the others down. Have to make something good to go along with it....what are people pairing Syrah with these days?

Steak, if it's a big Syrah. If not, pork or a heavier chicken dish.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 56 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:I ended up pulling the trigger on four bottles of Campesino. I'll test one now after a long decant, and lay the others down. Have to make something good to go along with it....what are people pairing Syrah with these days?

Hope you enjoy. I think you made a wise selection.

chukon99

quality posts: 4 Private Messages chukon99
kylemittskus wrote:I'm torn between wanting to know and watching and not knowing ever.

Here's a list of the participating wineries. Don't know if this is the full list or if there will be some others added. Don't have the actual deals yet, will get them sometime tomorrow. Ugh, this really has the potential to get crazy expen$$$ive.

Alpha Omega
Amitié Wines
Anderson's Conn Valley
Anne Amie
Ayoub
Bailiwick Wines
Best Wines Online
Big Basin Vineyards
Big Basin Vineyards
Biggio Hamina
Briceland Vineyards
Buttonwood Winery
Cabot Vineyards
Calluna Vineyards
Campesino Cellars
Cellars 33
Chester's Anvil
Clos Saron
Dacalier Wine Co.
Denison Cellars
Down to Earth Wines
Drew Family
Dunstan Wines
EMH - Black Cat Vineyards
Fielding Hills
Fogline Vineyards
Fulcrum Wines
Gourmet Delights
Guilliams Vineyards
Halcon Vineyards
Helio Terra Wines
Hi-Time Wine
Jean Edwards Cellars
Kahn's Fine Wine and Spirits
Kapcsandy Family Winery
Keating Wines
Kendric Vineyards
LaCrosse Technology
Ladd Cellars
Lagier Meredith
Loring Wine Company
Match Vineyards
Nicora Winery
Ostreon Cellars
Patricia Green Cellars
Perman Wine
POE Wines
Rascal
Siduri Wines
Sojourn Cellars
Sonkin Cellars
Storyteller Wine/Ayres Vineyard
Tercero Wines
The Coffee Grounds
The Wine Check
Two Hands Wines
Vincent Wine Company
Windy Oaks
Wine Library
Antica Terra
Kutch
Lillian
Maybach
Rhys
Saxum
Nicora Winery
Mark Herold

redwinefan

This is going to be dangerous. Loring and Tercero are probably autobuys for me... and maybe Sojourn. They make some delicious Pinots.