mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1

ok...I give up.....night...

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

There are some ballers over at wine berserkers buying all the super expensive stuff.

mommadeb1

bdlsmoran wrote:There are some ballers over a wine berserkers buying all the super expensive stuff.

some people have to complain about something or they are not happy...

bdlsmoran

mommadeb1 wrote:some people have to complain about something or they are not happy...

I'm happy about it, too rich for my blood and it keeps things moving

jmdavidson

quality posts: 47 Private Messages jmdavidson

There sure seems to have been A LOT of Moon Mountain offered on this sell off.

bdlsmoran

jmdavidson wrote:There sure seems to have been A LOT of Moon Mountain offered on this sell off.

Makes you wonder how much of that stuff is still laying around

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:There sure seems to have been A LOT of Moon Mountain offered on this sell off.

I wasn't interested in more Moon Mountain, but I did just grab the 3L of MM 2005 Cabernet Sauvignon.

$59 w free shipping was too hard to pass up. Plus it will be my first 3L

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bdlsmoran

Surprise surprise more moon mountain

bsevern

quality posts: 108 Private Messages bsevern

I haven't been impressed at all with Moon Mountain thus far, I still have a dozen bottles of the stuff from the invino MM fire sale....not sure why they didn't make better wine, I mean Mt Veeder fruit should be killer stuff, especially for the MSRP a lot of it had.

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
bsevern wrote:I haven't been impressed at all with Moon Mountain thus far, I still have a dozen bottles of the stuff from the invino MM fire sale....not sure why they didn't make better wine, I mean Mt Veeder fruit should be killer stuff, especially for the MSRP a lot of it had.

Yea 3L of plonk at any price is still not a good deal

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tytiger58 wrote:Yea 3L of plonk at any price is still not a good deal

Well, the CT reviews are pretty decent for that vintage, so I've got my fingers crossed.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

The wines are starting to repeat now. And we thought they were sold out.

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

i really liked the moon mount 07 merlot and the 03 syrah was pretty good too for $10.

bsevern

Another 3L Moon Mountain up. Who knows, could be a great deal.

bsevern

Dang missed that Vice Versa Syrah, if the Erna Schein was $10 less I'd all over that.

rjquillin

quality posts: 153 Private Messages rjquillin

comments on the 2006 Ambullneo PN now up? Good CT note and 2/3 CT price

CT

bsevern

rjquillin wrote:comments on the 2006 Ambullneo PN now up. Good CT notes and 1/2 CT price

I had it in my basket, and *poof*...really wanted that one...auzzie chard up now.....sigh

boltond

quality posts: 0 Private Messages boltond
bsevern wrote:I had it in my basket, and *poof*...really wanted that one...auzzie chard up now.....sigh

ditto

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:I had it in my basket, and *poof*...really wanted that one...auzzie chard up now.....sigh

I did get one, a bit much of a flyer for more.

CT

rjquillin

anyone else see the $30 2008 Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Rouges flash by?

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:anyone else see the $30 2008 Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Rouges flash by?

see what?

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:see what?

Or say what? Never was any good at French, did German in HS and later Japanese at UCSD.

CT

jmdavidson

There should be a 15 minute limit on each offer. If it does not sell out, move on to the next one. They're losing customers who lose interest, are bored...It's not like they couldn't put the wine up again later.

mommadeb1

jmdavidson wrote:There should be a 15 minute limit on each offer. If it does not sell out, move on to the next one. They're losing customers who lose interest, are bored...It's not like they couldn't put the wine up again later.

i agree

tytiger58

quality posts: 73 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:anyone else see the $30 2008 Domaine Jean Grivot Vosne-Romanée 1er Cru Les Rouges flash by?

Got it!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

klezman

quality posts: 114 Private Messages klezman

Any thoughts on the 1998 Fratta?

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 65 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Dang missed that Vice Versa Syrah, if the Erna Schein was $10 less I'd all over that.

I snagged one. If we ever have a south bay gathering I could bring it. Have you had it before? I was taking a flyer based on CT reviews.

jmdavidson

klezman wrote:Any thoughts on the 1998 Fratta?

$45 for a wine that may/may not be prime sounds iffy. If I was going to spend that much dough, I'd wait it out for something more worth while. BTW-I do like Italian wines.

EDIT: found it interesting that this wine scored well on CT for many years.

bsevern

trifecta wrote:I snagged one. If we ever have a south bay gathering I could bring it. Have you had it before? I was taking a flyer based on CT reviews.

Haven't had it, but the many reviews suggest it'll be excellent if you like BIG wines.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Any thoughts on the 1998 Fratta?

CT a bit meh, and not a great savings over community pricing, pass, but I could be missing something too..

time to move on
[edit]
back to the Bond Quella 2008 that was up most of the night

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:CT a bit meh, and not a great savings over community pricing, pass, but I could be missing something too..

time to move on
[edit]
back to the Bond Quella 2008 that was up most of the night

Struggling with one case or two.

klezman

So are you guys just hitting F5 or apple-R to refresh every few minutes? Do you have a reliable page checker extension that pops up a notification if a page changes?

2014: 17 bottles. Last wine.woot: Wellington Vitory x3 & Fjellene Walla Walla Reds
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

bsevern

klezman wrote:So are you guys just hitting F5 or apple-R to refresh every few minutes? Do you have a reliable page checker extension that pops up a notification if a page changes?

I have this super cool app that alerts me every time a new one pops up.

klezman

bsevern wrote:I have this super cool app that alerts me every time a new one pops up.

Do tell...

bsevern

klezman wrote:Do tell...

It's the F5 finger app

Also Mac compatible.... sigh...sorry...bored....

klezman

bsevern wrote:It's the F5 finger app

Well played

rjquillin

bsevern wrote:It's the F5 finger app

Firefox "reload every" extension.

CT

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

I just stumbled onto this. And I have to leave for dinner in a few minutes. I think my ignorance saved me some dough.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:I just stumbled onto this. And I have to leave for dinner in a few minutes. I think my ignorance saved me some dough.

Ignorance can indeed be bliss.

CT

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Firefox "reload every" extension.

And done. Thanks!