HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
nealkb wrote:Same here. I walked away sad and depressed, without my 7$ bottle

Grab the $6 Rioja Blanco that's up right now. I got two bottles of that (using my $5) credit for signing up. So 2 bottles for $7 shipped. Can't beat that. Even for an el cheapo white wine, which this should be better than.

EDIT: Oops, you just missed it. It vanished the moment I posted this.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Grab the $6 Rioja Blanco that's up right now. I got two bottles of that (using my $5) credit for signing up. So 2 bottles for $7 shipped. Can't beat that. Even for an el cheapo white wine, which this should be better than.

EDIT: Oops, you just missed it. It vanished the moment I posted this.

Iv grabbed so many bottles around 10 I love it.

Neal K Bharadwaj

froboy419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419

Are we scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel or have we all just hit our limits?

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
froboy419 wrote:Are we scraping the bottom of the proverbial barrel or have we all just hit our limits?

I'm still having fun buying cheap bottles when they appear. I won't spend $20/bottle on something that is unknown. But for <$10 it's easy to buy one bottle just to try it out.

noslensj

North316 wrote:Damn I was fast asleep for that. Hopefully it pops back up.

made another appearance about an hour ago.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
noslensj wrote:I'm still having fun buying cheap bottles when they appear. I won't spend $20/bottle on something that is unknown. But for <$10 it's easy to buy one bottle just to try it out.

Im the same way.... I have missed most of today...oh well

nealkb

In a non LB related post, Stony Ridge/Crooked Vine in Livermore have a case sale for 120 bucks. I picked up a case of 2007 Livermore Cab from the area.

Neal K Bharadwaj

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
nealkb wrote:In a non LB related post, Stony Ridge/Crooked Vine in Livermore have a case sale for 120 bucks. I picked up a case of 2007 Livermore Cab from the area.

You guys in Cali have the nicest weather plus get all the good food and wine deals. But your taxes, politics and real estate prob make Florida comfortable for the moment.
Low cost internet shipping is nice here since the major retailer close by seem to only carry mass marketed wines unless you go an hour to somewhere like this in Orlando.
http://www.thewinebarn.net/
They have free wine and pizza in their Winter Park store this Fri and Sat.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
bud8jr wrote:You guys in Cali have the nicest weather plus get all the good food and wine deals. But your taxes, politics and real estate prob make Florida comfortable for the moment.
Low cost internet shipping is nice here since the major retailer close by seem to only carry mass marketed wines unless you go an hour to somewhere like this in Orlando.
http://www.thewinebarn.net/
They have free wine and pizza in their Winter Park store this Fri and Sat.

Nicest weather eh? Normally I would agree with you but after going over Donner pass in a snow storm, I disagree with you for the day. I like Nevada today because it is dry!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bud8jr

cmaldoon wrote:Nicest weather eh? Normally I would agree with you but after going over Donner pass in a snow storm, I disagree with you for the day. I like Nevada today because it is dry!

went from 80 yesterday to 60 after the cold front came thru for the 1st day of winter today.

thoughts on the $7 syrah on lb now?

Merry Christmas to all.

I guess happy holidays to some.

But I like also not as well.

noslensj

bud8jr wrote:
thoughts on the $7 syrah on lb now?

Almost everything else they've had at that price point has flown out the door; this one clearly not. Maybe the cellar tracker comments for this one are valid - at the least the $7 price doesn't appear to be any kind of price break. Maybe the 14th Baktun starts with cheap syrah?

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
noslensj wrote:Almost everything else they've had at that price point has flown out the door; this one clearly not. Maybe the cellar tracker comments for this one are valid - at the least the $7 price doesn't appear to be any kind of price break. Maybe the 14th Baktun starts with cheap syrah?

Glad I was able to get the Deusyls Vin de Pays de L'Herault 2006 for $6. Can't believe its going for $47 at Wally's in LA.

bud8jr

noslensj wrote:Maybe the 14th Baktun starts with cheap syrah?

I saw a 4 hour decant. Maybe a sign.

bud8jr

And Happy New Year!

noslensj

bud8jr wrote:I saw a 4 hour decant. Maybe a sign.

I'm beginning to wonder if this sale is going to last for the entire Baktun.

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin

Would someone be so kind as to leave a 2007 Oakville Winegrowers Oakville Cuvée 3L Cab Sauvignon under my tree?

Only $1799.00 from Invino. I see they've sold at least two.

CT

nealkb

I have this feeling, the Last Bottle sale is going to go on until New Years, just because they don't start shipping until then...

Neal K Bharadwaj

mommadeb1

nealkb wrote:I have this feeling, the Last Bottle sale is going to go on until New Years, just because they don't start shipping until then...

I think you are right!

rjquillin

nealkb wrote:I have this feeling, the Last Bottle sale is going to go on until New Years, just because they don't start shipping until then...

And the MM still won't die!

CT

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
hesnctrl wrote:Glad I was able to get the Deusyls Vin de Pays de L'Herault 2006 for $6. Can't believe its going for $47 at Wally's in LA.

How did you get it for $6 (or was that a typo)? They had it as a $16 wine. At least that's what my bottle cost.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez
rjquillin wrote:And the MM still won't die!

Know everyone makes fun of the Moon Mountain, but it really isn't bad wine - and at $29 for a magnum it makes for a really nice gift, great QPR

mommadeb1

angryprez wrote:Know everyone makes fun of the Moon Mountain, but it really isn't bad wine - and at $29 for a magnum it makes for a really nice gift, great QPR

really? I haven"t tried it

angryprez

mommadeb1 wrote:really? I haven"t tried it

Property was bought by Audelssa, they are re-branding everything - will be premium wine - see the vineyards at http://www.moonmountainvineyard.com/

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:And the MM still won't die!

in for a bottle. Maybe I shouldn't be ordering stuff after drinking a full bottle of Il Campo

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan

If they were smart, they would put a bottle of 99 (or earlier) Barolo or the 04 Crystal back up right now. Considering my state of mind.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

mommadeb1

angryprez wrote:Property was bought by Audelssa, they are re-branding everything - will be premium wine - see the vineyards at http://www.moonmountainvineyard.com/

pretty site, does not tell me what the wines are like... wondering if anyone who has had this can give me tasting notes... wondering if I should pick this up for my thanksgiving crowd...?

angryprez

mommadeb1 wrote:pretty site, does not tell me what the wines are like... wondering if anyone who has had this can give me tasting notes... wondering if I should pick this up for my thanksgiving crowd...?

Some tasting notes for prior vintages at https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?fInStock=0&Table=List&iUserOverride=0&szSearch=Moon+Mountain+Vineyard+Cabernet+Sauvignon+Estate+Reserve#selected%3DW1143248_1_K9ee48bdc8e6742ad6348e46b9823b14a

mommadeb1

angryprez wrote:Some tasting notes for prior vintages at https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?fInStock=0&Table=List&iUserOverride=0&szSearch=Moon+Mountain+Vineyard+Cabernet+Sauvignon+Estate+Reserve#selected%3DW1143248_1_K9ee48bdc8e6742ad6348e46b9823b14a

makes me want to take the plunge... do you think this is a crowd pleaser? the relatives who come to our house, have "unrefined" palates.. so is this a crowd pleaser or a me pleaser?

mommadeb1

mommadeb1 wrote:makes me want to take the plunge... do you think this is a crowd pleaser? the relatives who come to our house, have "unrefined" palates.. so is this a crowd pleaser or a me pleaser?

I guess for $29 I really can't go wrong? or can I?

mommadeb1

mommadeb1 wrote:I guess for $29 I really can't go wrong? or can I?

I did it.. I bought one.....

edit: just got it in time!!

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
mommadeb1 wrote:I did it.. I bought one.....

I went through all your same thoughts above and went in for one too. Should hopefully be good for a crowd (have a snow trip coming up).

mommadeb1

random122 wrote:I went through all your same thoughts above and went in for one too. Should hopefully be good for a crowd (have a snow trip coming up).

well, the way I see it, if I open it for a crowd, and it isn't good, at least I won't be stuck with it... pour everyone a glass.......

bkarlan

Sorry I missed all the post. I had their Syrah and it was good for the $9 or so I paid. I wouldn't spend $15 for the 750ml bottle. but for $9 it was good. I had a different cab of theirs and it was fine. Nothing overly fancy about it. I can not find my notes on it nor can I tell you what one it was, but I do recall it not being on my 'do not buy list' I think it was in the price range of $9-$11 for the 750ml.

This was when Invino was doing the mass sell off.

mommadeb1

bkarlan wrote:Sorry I missed all the post. I had their Syrah and it was good for the $9 or so I paid. I wouldn't spend $15 for the 750ml bottle. but for $9 it was good. I had a different cab of theirs and it was fine. Nothing overly fancy about it. I can not find my notes on it nor can I tell you what one it was, but I do recall it not being on my 'do not buy list' I think it was in the price range of $9-$11 for the 750ml.

This was when Invino was doing the mass sell off.

well, I hope the Cab is decent....

rjquillin

mommadeb1 wrote:well, I hope the Cab is decent....

I picked up cases of their stuff, all under $20 until this one. Mostly Syrah, PV and CF. Enjoyed the Syrah and grabbed some additional when it would make recurring appearances. that's when I went in for some of the higher priced CS. Been quite happy with the QPR, but I would shudder at purchasing at the suggested prices before the cleanout. It's not a '97 Ardente...

CT

mommadeb1

rjquillin wrote:I picked up cases of their stuff, all under $20 until this one. Mostly Syrah, PV and CF. Enjoyed the Syrah and grabbed some additional when it would make recurring appearances. that's when I went in for some of the higher priced CS. Been quite happy with the QPR, but I would shudder at purchasing at the suggested prices before the cleanout. It's not a '97 Ardente...

ok, that makes me feel better!!

angryprez

mommadeb1 wrote:ok, that makes me feel better!!

I'd agree - would not have been happy at the ~$85 original retail price - but certainly think their cabs are worth more than $15 - IMHO a good value would be in the $25-$35 range for the estate reserve cabs, double that for the magnums.

Think your crowd will be very happy.

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
HitAnyKey42 wrote:How did you get it for $6 (or was that a typo)? They had it as a $16 wine. At least that's what my bottle cost.

Nope, not a typo. It was offered for $6 for a few minutes and then re-offered the next day for $16 under a slightly different name. Looking at Vinelog, the $6 deal is on page 4 and the re-offer is on page 2.

bud8jr

30% off plus $5 shipping still working on tastingroom.com "jolly"

rjquillin

'92 Raymond Cab back up on Invino for $30. Cmaldoon, how much longer you think these have? Didn't see a comment in your CT notes, while others thought past prime...

CT