rjquillin


quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

2009 Truchard Carneros Pinot Noir on Vitus for $20, FS on 4+ CT value $30

CT

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Lastbottle.com -- Mayan Mania!
We saw on the History Channel, and also on the Internet, that Friday is the end. Like, THE end. We humans had a pretty good run, we guess, but apparently the party is over. SO: besides cozying up with our families and drinking the absolute BEST bottles in our cellars, we thought, “let’s blow out every bottle we have at below cost…because, really, thanks to the Mayans…who cares?” So, friends, family, clients…it’s ON. Tomorrow we blow it all out, Last Bottle style, with what we’re calling Mayan Mania.

You know the game – it’ll be just like our Moving Madness Marathon (if we’d known about this end-of-the-world thing, we wouldn’t have moved so soon) – old favorites, tons of brand-new purchases, cult wines, large formats, older vintages and drinkers…you name it…all at END OF THE WORLD PRICING!! OUR BIGGEST (and last, we suppose) SALE EVER! Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING on ALL ORDERS! Heck, why not?

First come, first served, like always, you’ll need to keep hitting the “refresh” button to catch them all, and it all happens starting at 9AM Napa Valley time! BE READY to grab bottles at prices that will rock your world (literally!).

All orders will begin shipping early January!!!

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

These Last Bottle sales are dangerous. Anyone have any favorites they've picked up in the past year from them that we should be on the lookout for?

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
redwinefan wrote:These Last Bottle sales are dangerous. Anyone have any favorites they've picked up in the past year from them that we should be on the lookout for?



Much to my surprise the 1997 Jade Mountain Syrah Paras Vineyard Cask P 10 was a beautiful bottle of wine with a number of years left in it.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




PTommins


quality posts: 7 Private Messages PTommins

I purchased Silverado Vineyards 2000 Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley from LB for $20 a bottle with free shipping. The wine is delicious.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

These LastBottle deals are coming crazy fast.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

tzarfoss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss
redwinefan wrote:These LastBottle deals are coming crazy fast.



I've tried twice and lost out!

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tzarfoss wrote:I've tried twice and lost out!



They've been cycling several deals per minute a few times today, so I doubt they have many bottles of some of these offers.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
redwinefan wrote:These Last Bottle sales are dangerous. Anyone have any favorites they've picked up in the past year from them that we should be on the lookout for?



White - Sweet/Dessert
2003 Château Tirecul La Gravière Monbazillac

This was awesome.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
North316 wrote:White - Sweet/Dessert
2003 Château Tirecul La Gravière Monbazillac

This was awesome.



EDIT: It is actually the bottle laying against the mayan temple in the picture, so maybe they have some! I probably won't be watching close enough to grab it though.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Someone on WB posted this link...works pretty well and shows you everything that has passed.

http://vinelog.com/deals

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
tytiger58 wrote:Someone on WB posted this link...works pretty well and shows you everything that has passed.

http://vinelog.com/deals



DAMN! Just missed the tallulah syrah!

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

jmdavidson


quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
North316 wrote:DAMN! Just missed the tallulah syrah!



I made out pretty good on the last one of these, but this one is going WAY too fast. Seems like one every other minute. Hit refresh and it's a new wine. Not sure if it's worth babysitting like this.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
tytiger58 wrote:Someone on WB posted this link...works pretty well and shows you everything that has passed.

http://vinelog.com/deals



That site hasn't even caught all the deals, but it does have most of them. I have them feeding into my iPhone app, but there are so many coming that I've just given up trying to get any.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
jmdavidson wrote:I made out pretty good on the last one of these, but this one is going WAY too fast. Seems like one every other minute. Hit refresh and it's a new wine. Not sure if it's worth babysitting like this.


I decided the thing to do is to stop by the site when I have a few spare minutes and track it for a bit. Then I go back to other things and return again later when I have another bit of available time.

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

I have given up trying to use my phone to order anything. Everytime I try to update the quantity it messes up, and I am left with no bottles :/

Neal K Bharadwaj

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
nealkb wrote:I have given up trying to use my phone to order anything. Everytime I try to update the quantity it messes up, and I am left with no bottles :/



Yes, it's hard enough to do on a computer. Their site isn't very mobile friendly.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
tytiger58 wrote:Much to my surprise the 1997 Jade Mountain Syrah Paras Vineyard Cask P 10 was a beautiful bottle of wine with a number of years left in it.



2004 vintage for Jade Mountain Syrah Paras Vineyard appeared about half an hour ago.

jmdavidson


quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Seems like there have been a lot of French wines up today. Funny that a Napa based company has so few California products.

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj

Being able to order one bottle with free shipping is pretty alluring. Makes it easy to drop in an order on something just to try it out.

I'm guessing that's part of the strategy - there won't be many situations where they actually wind up shipping only one or two bottles to a buyer. I know that I'm well over a case now.

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
noslensj wrote:Being able to order one bottle with free shipping is pretty alluring. Makes it easy to drop in an order on something just to try it out.

I'm guessing that's part of the strategy - there won't be many situations where they actually wind up shipping only one or two bottles to a buyer. I know that I'm well over a case now.



I love the free shipping/grouped shipping idea. Im working on that case.. too much time in the lab today.

Neal K Bharadwaj

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
nealkb wrote:I love the free shipping/grouped shipping idea. Im working on that case.. too much time in the lab today.



is it me, or is the site stuck?

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
mommadeb1 wrote:is it me, or is the site stuck?



I think it's over. I wound up with 15 bottles.

[edit] Nevermind. Still going on but it's not turning over every 30 seconds like it was for most of the day.

mommadeb1


quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
noslensj wrote:I think it's over. I wound up with 15 bottles.



back up... I am only in for 2 as of now...

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

Just got home and I am catching the tail of it. Lets see if anything goods pops up.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj
North316 wrote:White - Sweet/Dessert
2003 Château Tirecul La Gravière Monbazillac

This was awesome.



Being offered right now. I wonder if it might be the last offering of the sale - seeing as how it was positioned on they pyramid in the sale photos.

[added] Or not.

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

All I could snag is 2 of the Villiard Reflect. Way to fast and to much work today

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
tytiger58 wrote:All I could snag is 2 of the Villiard Reflect. Way to fast and to much work today



So the lb deals are still rolling

Neal K Bharadwaj

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

I was able to get some Jade Mountain Syrah Paras Vineyard 2004

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
noslensj wrote:Being offered right now. I wonder if it might be the last offering of the sale - seeing as how it was positioned on they pyramid in the sale photos.

[added] Or not.



Damn I was fast asleep for that. Hopefully it pops back up.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Will Moon Mountain ever die?

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
bdlsmoran wrote:Will Moon Mountain ever die?



I got somewhat of a vertical out of it

Neal K Bharadwaj

froboy419


quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419
bdlsmoran wrote:Will Moon Mountain ever die?



I did my part, threw a bottle into the mixed case I'm building. I've never gone for it before, figured this was a low risk opportunity to try.

tzarfoss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

2 of each of these so far:

2 Gambles:

1996 White Cottage Ranch Sangiovese $12 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=135481

2007 Moon Mountain Cabernet Sauvignon $14.85 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=1005584


2 I'm looking forward to:

2003 Rejadorada Toro Sango $14.57 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=497081

2007 Burge Family G3 $29.05 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=628307

noslensj


quality posts: 47 Private Messages noslensj

still continuing today.

****

tzarfoss wrote:2 of each of these so far:


2 I'm looking forward to:

2003 Rejadorada Toro Sango $14.57 https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=497081

I got a couple of the Rejadorada as well. Looking forward to trying them as well.

hesnctrl


quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
noslensj wrote:still continuing today.

****

I got a couple of the Rejadorada as well. Looking forward to trying them as well.



Darn. Missed this:
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=729894

This would have easily fulfilled my quest to find something different at a great price. ($7!)

tzarfoss


quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss
hesnctrl wrote:Darn. Missed this:
https://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=729894

This would have easily fulfilled my quest to find something different at a great price. ($7!)



tried to get that as well but the site was freezing up on me for some reason at that exact moment

HitAnyKey42


quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Will one of you buy the Chateau Margaux 1996 already so that it can move onto the next wine....

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Will one of you buy the Chateau Margaux 1996 already so that it can move onto the next wine....



Tempted, but then there's the Iron Horse on the main site today...*sigh*

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
tzarfoss wrote:tried to get that as well but the site was freezing up on me for some reason at that exact moment



Same here. I walked away sad and depressed, without my 7$ bottle

Neal K Bharadwaj