cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
tiger7610 wrote:Yeah that is why I was confused, because it seems like people got some orders through after the supposed sold out.

I wonder if the timing of the forced trying over and over made it so that when it did finally say 1 in the cart, it was because another order had just been canceled...

Edit: Not only is this Sparky, but it's also the 1000th comment on this thread!

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610

If anyone follows Scott Harvey's facebook, they have an offer for a case for 12 dollars shipping on it, and Scott will sign each bottle. I'm tempted if just for the signature, but I do not need a case of wine, does anyone want to split? I'm in Ithaca NY, but will be in Buffalo, NY in the end of Jan.

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

20% discount at wine.com using the code EBATESWINE. Also the ebate is doubled to 5 percent back if you link through ebates.com.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Those of you in the NYC area, there is an awesome deal on LivingSocial for a dinner for two with 6-wine tasting per person and a take-home bottle. All for $49 ($180 value). It's offered by 1742 Wine Bar on the upper east side.
I just bought it, so if you are thinking of doing so, let me know and I'll send you the referral link.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Using my Lot18/Living Social vouchers for 2 bottles of the L'Adventure Optimus 2010.

Not a great deal especially with no free shipping, but definitely a decent deal once you take the vouchers into account.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
redwinefan wrote:Using my Lot18/Living Social vouchers for 2 bottles of the L'Adventure Optimus 2010.

Not a great deal especially with no free shipping, but definitely a decent deal once you take the vouchers into account.

Thank you... I was trying to sort out what to blow my vouchers on... I was debating between the L'Adventure and 2007 Long Shadows Sequel Columbia Valley Syrah.

Problem solved.

noslensj

quality posts: 43 Private Messages noslensj

Contents of my TO red wine bag:

• Syrah 2005 Tanner Vineyard
  • Grenache 2006 Calaveras County
  • Petite Sirah 2007 Calaveras County
  • The Spaniard 2007 Calaveras County
  • Murgatroyd 2005 Calaveras County
  • Tempranillo 2004 Calaveras County

Appears that I got the identical package as Trifecta. Also seems that those who ordered earlier received the older vintages.

rjquillin

quality posts: 182 Private Messages rjquillin

Ardente CS 2004 on Wine Library for $20. Pretty mixed CT reviews, but could add to the '97, '01 & '02 we just got.

CT

rjquillin

My second six-pak of TO reds arrived today at the locker..

2007 Petite Sirah Calaveras County; 1st TO PS
2005 Syrah Tanner; an odd '03 '05 '07 vertical
2006 Grenache to add with the '03
2006 Grenache Torcido; 1st of those
2004 Tempranillo completes an '03~'06 vertical
2005 Murgatroyd; just need the '07 now for an '04~'08 vertical

April did me well, not dupes at all.

CT

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
rjquillin wrote:2005 Murgatroyd; just need the '07 now for an '04~'08 vertical

Not sure they made an '07. None listed in CT.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

HitAnyKey42

pcuccaro wrote:Not sure they made an '07. None listed in CT.

They did not make an '07 Murgatroyd. On their site you can see their full list of vintages that they have ever created.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

tastingroom.com has 1 cent shipping on all orders plus 20 percent off orders of $125 or more. I think I might stock up on some Clayhouse Petite Sirah.

discount code: ONDASHER

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
funbunny wrote:tastingroom.com has 1 cent shipping on all orders plus 20 percent off orders of $125 or more. I think I might stock up on some Clayhouse Petite Sirah.

discount code: ONDASHER

Any thoughts on the 2010 Michael David Syrah? 10 btls shipped would be $12.76 each.

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
HitAnyKey42 wrote:They did not make an '07 Murgatroyd. On their site you can see their full list of vintages that they have ever created.

Thanks! I was trying to find something like that and was unsuccessful. This is great!

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

rjquillin

HitAnyKey42 wrote:They did not make an '07 Murgatroyd. On their site you can see their full list of vintages that they have ever created.

Ok, SMACK! Ouch!
Clearly I didn't do my homework here, and appreciate those that did. All said, I'm really pleased at the great assortment.

CT

rjquillin

ymmv will likely vary on this one, but restaruant.com has a $20 for $150 offer good on orderwinedirect. I did see some SH 1869 and Jana AngelIce, Deloach, Tudor, Juslyn and a few others of possible interest.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:ymmv will likely vary on this one, but restaruant.com has a $20 for $150 offer good on orderwinedirect. I did see some SH 1869 and Jana AngelIce, Deloach, Tudor, Juslyn and a few others of possible interest.

Do note the $300 minimum purchase so this is essentially 45-50% off

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

HitAnyKey42

Just got an email that Lot18 has deposited $15 credit into my account for the holidays, to be used by Dec 17th. So those of you who had bought the LS vouchers (like me) who haven't used it yet, now is probably a good time to use them.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Do note the $300 minimum purchase so this is essentially 45-50% off

And the somewhat high pricing, hence YMMV.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:ymmv will likely vary on this one, but restaruant.com has a $20 for $150 offer good on orderwinedirect. I did see some SH 1869 and Jana AngelIce, Deloach, Tudor, Juslyn and a few others of possible interest.

Thankfully they don't ship to Ohio, though it says items are shipped from the winnery and SH ships to Ohio. Saved me from spending $170, though the 45% discount and free shipping would have been nice on a case of Scotts wines.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Wine Exchange has the 2007 Delille Harrison Hill for $35. It only has 8 bottles left.

www.winex.com/wine-954439-.aspx#.UMtb4fVAOuK

---
Nathan

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Chumeia Zinfandel Dante Dusi Vineyard 2007 for $15 on LB. FS on 6. Good source, good year, but I've never had it.

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
bud8jr wrote:Any thoughts on the 2010 Michael David Syrah? 10 btls shipped would be $12.76 each.

You mean the 6th Sense syrah. It's very good, and very smokey flavored. Great deal!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

2010 Sycamore Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Monterey
$150/case regular, $125/case Wine Club.

This is an excellent sauv blanc if you're not into the NZ stuff. Tropical fruits, not a hint of grass, excellent acidity. I want 3 bottles; if there is enough interest, I can pick up the case.

Anybody in the bay area, if you want to go for a tasting, PM me.

Rjquillin and Nealkb, I have your 07 sycamore cab sauv. I would highly encourage you to add this sauv blanc to your collection. Let me know

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
ajrod27 wrote:2010 Sycamore Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Monterey

This is an excellent sauv blanc if you're not into the NZ stuff. Tropical fruits, not a hint of grass, excellent acidity. I want 3 bottles; if there is enough interest, I can pick up the case.

Rjquillin and Nealkb, I have your 07 sycamore cab sauv. I would highly encourage you to add this sauv blanc to your collection. Let me know

I'd be interested in some bottles. However, not sure if I could do a tasting any time soon. Let me know when you want to do one. I'm all for going down that way.

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:I'd be interested in some bottles. However, not sure if I could do a tasting any time soon. Let me know when you want to do one. I'm all for going down that way.

Anytime this weekend is good for me. If you and the hubby want to go, I'm up for it. They have an outdoor seating area where we can have cigars after the tasting

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Toolbox on invino

Neal K Bharadwaj

rjquillin

ajrod27 wrote:Rjquillin and Nealkb, I have your 07 sycamore cab sauv. I would highly encourage you to add this sauv blanc to your collection. Let me know

PM up

CT

nealkb

ajrod27 wrote:2010 Sycamore Vineyards Sauvignon Blanc Monterey

PM'd

Neal K Bharadwaj

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
randysanders wrote:You mean the 6th Sense syrah. It's very good, and very smokey flavored. Great deal!

Thanks, tastingroom has a new 30% off $75 discount code "jolly". "ondasher" still works also.

1512178 Michael David "6th Sense" Lodi Syrah 2010 $15.95 3 $47.85
$33.49

1511632 Bargetto Santa Cruz Mountains Syrah 2008 $19.95 3 $59.85
$41.90

Subtotal $75.39
Sales Tax $0.00
Shipping + Handling $5.00

Total $80.39

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Ty Caron 2010 Cab on WTSO for $19.99

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

nealkb

mschauber wrote:Ty Caron 2010 Cab on WTSO for $19.99

Just picked up my 4 pack

Neal K Bharadwaj

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
bud8jr wrote:Thanks, tastingroom has a new 30% off $75 discount code "jolly". "ondasher" still works also.

1512178 Michael David "6th Sense" Lodi Syrah 2010 $15.95 3 $47.85
$33.49

1511632 Bargetto Santa Cruz Mountains Syrah 2008 $19.95 3 $59.85
$41.90

Subtotal $75.39
Sales Tax $0.00
Shipping + Handling $5.00

Total $80.39

Wow! Great deal. I got $12.47/bottle for 10 of the 6th Sense, but my SIWBM holds strong, although today's Ty is so tempting.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

Finally getting a chance to try a Ty Caton wine (WTSO) since I can't get his wines shipped to Connecticut via Woot, and for $20/bottle for a Cabernet...will see what we think. Unfortunately, though I know we like the Michael David Sixth Sense Syrah very much, the TastingRoom deal doesn't work for me since they don't ship to Connecticut!! RATS!!

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr

Does anyone here have a feel for how long after order the Ty Caton will ship/arrive (to Houston, TX)? I want to pull the trigger on that deal, but I'll be out of town all next week.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
schaeferr wrote:Does anyone here have a feel for how long after order the Ty Caton will ship/arrive (to Houston, TX)? I want to pull the trigger on that deal, but I'll be out of town all next week.

I would guess 3-4 days.

schaeferr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages schaeferr
McMalbec wrote:I would guess 3-4 days.

Thanks for the response, even though it makes me a sad Panda.

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
schaeferr wrote:Thanks for the response, even though it makes me a sad Panda.

The Ty deal is over, but for future reference, WTSO allows you to pick your own ship date.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
joelsisk wrote:For those interested in a new wine cooler, Costco has the Wine Enthusiast 170 bottle, 2 zone for $1200 SHIPPED - model 273 01 70. (300 off). Also some others on sale. Nearest comparable at wine enthusiast itself is $2000 for a 166 bottle...

ETA: this one looks closer but still not exact same model number for $1900.

So did anyone buy this? I'm still considering it but the 2 reviews are mixed. If I keep it in a garage it will be very hot in there during summer months but in the house it seems it would be too loud and annoying.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
time2testit wrote:So did anyone buy this? I'm still considering it but the 2 reviews are mixed. If I keep it in a garage it will be very hot in there during summer months but in the house it seems it would be too loud and annoying.

I did buy it and have had it for three weeks....I don't think it's too loud...I guess it would depend where you put it...the bedroom would not be good

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson