rjquillin

quality posts: 169 Private Messages rjquillin
kylemittskus wrote:The Spaniard alone is like $40!

CT values just under $130 total. And the Spaniard was the only one that duped anything I had.
I'm finding I tend to like older bottles, so I'm hoping they're holding up.

edit: electrical discharge!

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:My TO order arrived. Looks like El Jefe is cleaning out the cellar.

2007 The Spaniard
2005 Tempranillo
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2004 Petite Sirah Silvaspoons Vineyard
2003 Syrah Tanner Vineyard
2003 Grenache

Tempted to go in for seconds.

Is TO a fixed price club? What was your pricing on that? I might need a wootleg...

You are coming up for D&D right? It will be nice to meet you.

I wouldn't worry much about the age. I have really enjoyed older bottles of El Jefe's tempranillo, grenache, and PS.

I think it was both of the last two years that he had his PS's lined up for about 5 years back at D&D. They age well.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
trifecta wrote:Is TO a fixed price club? What was your pricing on that? I might need a wootleg...

I wouldn't worry much about the age. I have really enjoyed older bottles of El Jefe's tempranillo, grenache, and PS.

I think it was both of the last two years that he had his PS's lined up for about 5 years back at D&D. They age well.

This is a deal right now for $99 shipped.

Twistedoak.com/bags

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 131 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:This is a deal right now for $99 shipped.

Twistedoak.com/bags

I wrapped mine up and put it under the tree as a gift to the both of us. I have no idea what's in there. I went for the mixed reds and whites. But looking at the list above I have high hopes.

CT

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Is TO a fixed price club? What was your pricing on that? I might need a wootleg...

Planning on D&D, but likely will know more after talking with Sparky this evening at Klezman's.

TO ships to CA, and as mentioned, this is an unknown mixed lot for $99 delivered.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:My TO order arrived. Looks like El Jefe is cleaning out the cellar.

2007 The Spaniard
2005 Tempranillo
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2003 Grenache

Tempted to go in for seconds.

Seriously. I got:
2003 Grenache
2003 Syrah
2004 Murgatroyd
2005 Sir-Ron-Yeah (Syrah-Viognier)
2005 Syrah
2007 Pig Stai

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

My bag

2007 The Spaniard (drinking real well now)
2005 Tempranillo
2003 @#!#@#!
2007 Pig Stai
2003 Grenache

Pretty happy I am!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
kylemittskus wrote:This is a deal right now for $99 shipped.

Twistedoak.com/bags

Just put in an order for a red bag. We'll see what I get in about a week, I guess.

trifecta

So I just tried to get the mystery bags from twisted, but I was told that you have to be a member.

The story is that you can sign up and then just hold the shipments (i.e. not really be a member), but I would prefer not to.

Did anyone else have the same issue?

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
trifecta wrote:So I just tried to get the mystery bags from twisted, but I was told that you have to be a member.

The story is that you can sign up and then just hold the shipments (i.e. not really be a member), but I would prefer not to.

Did anyone else have the same issue?

Nope. You can buy as a non-member. Just continue as guest or whatever it is. I'm not a member of single wine club...I've already got too much wine.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

klezman wrote:Nope. You can buy as a non-member. Just continue as guest or whatever it is. I'm not a member of single wine club...I've already got too much wine.

Hmmm... maybe they sold out then. I can't get it to work.

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
trifecta wrote:Hmmm... maybe they sold out then. I can't get it to work.

My first try I couldn't get it to work. I would add "one" to my cart, but it always showed up as "zero". When I tried to update my order by changing it to one, it still came back "zero".

After closing the browser and coming back an hour later it worked fine. I pointed a friend to the page, and he also put in an order. Neither of us are members.

So the advice is give is to try, try again.

trifecta

noslensj wrote:My first try I couldn't get it to work. I would add "one" to my cart, but it always showed up as "zero". When I tried to update my order by changing it to one, it still came back "zero".

After closing the browser and coming back an hour later it worked fine. I pointed a friend to the page, and he also put in an order. Neither of us are members.

So the advice is give is to try, try again.

Ok. Thanks. I have checked back a few times but it still isn't working. Glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues. To be honest I don't need more wine, but aged TO at a great price is hard to pass up.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
tytiger58 wrote:My bag

2005 Tempranillo
2003 @#!#@#!
2007 Pig Stai
2003 Grenache

Pretty happy I am!

Yeah, that's a pretty sweet pack. Spaniard & Pig Stai...and a nice experienced (aged, just didn't sound good) F*ck.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
tytiger58 wrote:My bag

2005 Tempranillo
2003 @#!#@#!
2007 Pig Stai
2003 Grenache

Pretty happy I am!

Nice haul! I will be receiving mine tomorrow. I can hardly wait to see what presents are in there!

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Ok. Thanks. I have checked back a few times but it still isn't working. Glad to know I wasn't the only one having issues. To be honest I don't need more wine, but aged TO at a great price is hard to pass up.

Just received an email from April, and she confirms they are still doing the mixed six-pak for $99. ymmv

CT

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98

It's here! It's here! My mystery pack from Twisted Oak! Oh frabjous day, calloo, callay!

2002 Ferriere Vineyard Syrah
2002 Murgatroyd
2003 Grenache
2004 Silvaspoons Vineyard Petite Sirah
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2007 Pig Stai

Winz.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
cortot20 wrote:I wrapped mine up and put it under the tree as a gift to the both of us. I have no idea what's in there. I went for the mixed reds and whites. But looking at the list above I have high hopes.

That is a fabulous idea

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

trifecta

rjquillin wrote:Just received an email from April, and she confirms they are still doing the mixed six-pak for $99. ymmv

I finally got an order to go through yesterday on my umpteenth try. Happy it worked! I am liking the lineups I have seen going to others.

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

Great New Guys! 4 days later I got an email from Living Social about them linking my purchase to bkrupski

"Great news! Your purchase was successfully linked to your friend's purchase. His deal will be free. "

WORTHLESS...hahaha

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:I finally got an order to go through yesterday on my umpteenth try. Happy it worked! I am liking the lineups I have seen going to others.

x-post

redwinefan wrote:Jealous! I'm trying to be good and not order more TwistedOak, but it is making me feel so bad.

tiger7610 wrote:Has the deal stopped already? because under check out it comes out as quantatity 0?

Just got me a second one on the way!

Email april at twistedoak dot com

CT

rjquillin

Anyone have history with Grasso.
Their web site seems down.
WTSO $20 Grasso Estate Cabernet Olive Ridge Vineyard Napa Valley 2007 CT

CT

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro

Got my TO this afternoon:

2005 Viognier
2007 Pig Stai Pour't
2004 %@#$! (white)
2006 Tempranillo
2006 Murgatroyd

Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

tiger7610

quality posts: 17 Private Messages tiger7610
rjquillin wrote:Just got me a second one on the way!

Emailed her, havent heard back yet. Might try calling them tomorrow if this isnt fixed.

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
rjquillin wrote:Just got me a second one on the way!

Just tried it on the page and it comes up as zero when I try to put it in the sack. May try April.

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo

Anybody with recent luck with this? I have been unable to get it to work.

I have emailed April and await a response.

Has it just sold out?

Is it broke or just fractured?

trifecta

rlmanzo wrote:Anybody with recent luck with this? I have been unable to get it to work.

I have emailed April and await a response.

Has it just sold out?

It worked for me yesterday. It was doing the zero quantity SKU thing over and over (0 in cart). Finally it just worked. Pretty sure it's a website issue, not sold out.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:It worked for me yesterday. It was doing the zero quantity SKU thing over and over (0 in cart). Finally it just worked. Pretty sure it's a website issue, not sold out.

I couldn't get it to work either, that's why I just sent the email..

CT

rjquillin

Meyer Family Port up on Invino.
Earlier WW offering from last year iirc.

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Meyer Family Port up on Invino.
Earlier WW offering from last year iirc.

Really, you had to point that one out? My wife absolutely loves that port (I think it is pretty delicious as well).

Is there, by chance, any sort of invino shipping code floating around?

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

rjquillin

North316 wrote:Really, you had to point that one out? My wife absolutely loves that port (I think it is pretty delicious as well).

Is there, by chance, any sort of invino shipping code floating around?

'Tiz the season..
Yeah, a shipping code would be welcome.

CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1563 Private Messages Cesare

Not a code but
Previous offer: 6/17/11
Meyer Family Port 500ml - 2 Pack
$44.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 Meyer Family Port 500ml

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

tiger7610

TO has sold out according to April, so all of you who got a second order, I blame you.

rjquillin

tiger7610 wrote:TO has sold out according to April, so all of you who got a second order, I blame you.

Muuhhhahahahahaha

CT

rjquillin

Cesare wrote:Not a code but
Previous offer: 6/17/11
Meyer Family Port 500ml - 2 Pack
$44.99 + $7.00 shipping
CONDITION: Red
PRODUCT: 2 Meyer Family Port 500ml

Yeah, WD did us good on this one, even with the $7 shipping.
$52 delivered for two vs. $68 from the big I.

WD, can we get this again?
Pleeeeeezze?

CT

tiger7610

rjquillin wrote:Muuhhhahahahahaha

I know it was not working for you either, did you finally get it to work?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
rjquillin wrote:Yeah, WD did us good on this one, even with the $7 shipping.
$52 delivered for two vs. $68 from the big I.

WD, can we get this again?
Pleeeeeezze?

Agreed. This was my 3rd wine.woot order and I am still holding onto one of those two bottles. I would probably be in for 3 if it were offered again.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit
rjquillin wrote:I couldn't get it to work either, that's why I just sent the email..

Well, I never got a call back from April. And I just got a chance to call back again and was told (not by April) that they sold out at 10 am yesterday. Interesting, since people here seem to have been able to get more orders after that. Oh well. They should take the page down or something at least.

tiger7610

time2testit wrote:Well, I never got a call back from April. And I just got a chance to call back again and was told (not by April) that they sold out at 10 am yesterday. Interesting, since people here seem to have been able to get more orders after that. Oh well. They should take the page down or something at least.

Yeah that is why I was confused, because it seems like people got some orders through after the supposed sold out.

trifecta

pcuccaro wrote:Got my TO this afternoon:

2005 Viognier
2007 Pig Stai Pour't
2004 %@#$! (white)
2006 Tempranillo
2006 Murgatroyd

Happy. Happy. Joy. Joy.

My List:

2004 Tempranillo
2004 Syrah Tanner Vineyard
2005 Murgatroyd
2006 Grenache
2007 Petite Sirah
2007 Spaniard

I was hoping for something a little more "library", especially with the PS. I already have 5 bottles of the 2007 PS and a couple of the grenache, so that is a bit of a bummer. Still a solid deal.