funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny

Inspiration Vineyards is having a 12 days of Christmas special. There is a discount on the daily offer and $1 shipping.

http://www.inspirationvineyards.com/winestore.html

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
funbunny wrote:Inspiration Vineyards is having a 12 days of Christmas special. There is a discount on the daily offer and $1 shipping.

http://www.inspirationvineyards.com/winestore.html

I love Jon's wines. I wonder why as a member of the wine club I didn't receive any notification about this sale...

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Diageo is having their Friends and Family sale again. I saw the email in my junkbox. Its good till the 14th. Enjoy

Neal K Bharadwaj

froboy419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419

Winestyr (https://www.winestyr.com/) has just re-launched as a "craft wine marketplace" where shipping is never more than $10. Thoughts?

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
froboy419 wrote:Winestyr (https://www.winestyr.com/) has just re-launched as a "craft wine marketplace" where shipping is never more than $10. Thoughts?

It looks like the wines are being sold at winery retail prices, so I doubt you'll find much interest here unless the wines are discounted.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

mschauber

From Inspiration Vineyards:

Welcome to day 4 of the 12 days of Christmas offerings from Inspiration Vineyards. We hope you’ll see something that inspires you as a gift, either for a loved one, a friend, or for yourself. Cheers!

On the 4th day of Christmas my true love gave to me… a Zinspirational vertical collection of 3 ZINs – 1 bottle each of our 2008, 2009 and 2010 Zinfandel from Alexander Valley.

I really like the consistency of the fruit source for this wine. Our grower, Luigi Muzzin, does a great job every year of producing Zinfandel fruit that has rich flavors that allow us to make a robust and versatile food wine.

2008 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley

Tasting Notes: This library wine is no longer available for sale in the wine store and has very limited availability, making it a special treat. Medium bodied and balanced, your mouth will water as you breathe in the nose of intense blackberries and black pepper, followed by rich flavors of raspberries and coffee. I have been told that this wine is juicier than our 2007 vintage; but like its previous vintage, there are solid tannins that will allow this wine to age gracefully for many years to come.

2009 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley

Tasting Notes: Full of ripe boysenberry aromas on the nose, this wine is fuller bodied than the 2008 vintage with consistent rich flavors of raspberries and mocha. Solid acidity also makes this a great wine to serve with food; I particularly enjoy this with BBQ short ribs.

2010 Zinfandel, Alexander Valley

Tasting Notes: You’ll first smell rich raspberries ripe for the picking, followed by notes of spice. Balanced and full bodied with great acid to complement food, your palette will enjoy rich flavors of raspberries, coffee, mocha and black pepper.

Buy one (1) 3pk for just 68.40 – save $7.60 or 10%
Buy two (2) 3pks for only 121.60 – save $30.40 or 20%
Buy four (4) 3pks for only 212.80 – save $91.20 or 30%

$1 shipping applies for all 12-days of Christmas orders (excluding AK & HI).

Visit our secure online winestore page to order – https://www.inspirationvineyards.com/winestore.html

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1

Anyone familiar w/ the current LB offering, Vindemio Regain 2008 Cote de Ventoux? CT notes look pretty respectable for an $8 bottle of juice.

redwinefan

mrn1 wrote:Anyone familiar w/ the current LB offering, Vindemio Regain 2008 Cote de Ventoux? CT notes look pretty respectable for an $8 bottle of juice.

Definitely a nice wine for $8.

mschauber

redwinefan wrote:Definitely a nice wine for $8.

No free shipping unless you buy 12 bottles though. That sends the price to about ~$11/bottle for 4 bottles.

--
My CT

redwinefan

mschauber wrote:No free shipping unless you buy 12 bottles though. That sends the price to about ~$11/bottle for 4 bottles.

I bought a case last time they offered and drank one "test" bottle, but I didn't take notes. I agree with Leomania's notes on CT which I'll quote here:

"So easy to love this wine. Lush cherry flavors, wet stone, and peppery spice. Not much in the way of tannins but the stone more than makes up for that. Delicious."

I'd say the spice and wet stone is about as prominent as the fruit, so if you want a more fruity wine, this would not be it, but it has some nice complexity for a $8 wine.

*edit* gone now, so it doesn't matter. now they've got cheap riesling

mschauber

redwinefan wrote:

*edit* gone now, so it doesn't matter. now they've got cheap riesling

I haven't been on LB in a while, but it seems to me free shipping used to kick in at lower quantities. 12 for the $8 red, now 6 for the $9 Riesling. Is that my imagination or is there some truth to that?

--
My CT

redwinefan

mschauber wrote:I haven't been on LB in a while, but it seems to me free shipping used to kick in at lower quantities. 12 for the $8 red, now 6 for the $9 Riesling. Is that my imagination or is there some truth to that?

Could be, I haven't really noticed. The cheapies usually require at least 6-12 to get free shipping.

mschauber

redwinefan wrote:Could be, I haven't really noticed. The cheapies usually require at least 6-12 to get free shipping.

So probably just my imagination and desire to get everything for free (or at least the shipping,) hehehe..

--
My CT

mschauber

Scott Harvey Wines:

They have put together a Wine Lover's Gift Guide with some nice deals and "All purchases include a gift box, personalized gift card and complimentary shipping!" Order by Dec 11th for Christmas delivery. I think it's too late for Hanukkah delivery

OLD VINE ZINFANDEL DUO & SPICY BLACKBERRY ZINFANDEL JAM
A great gift for the Zinfandel lover on your list. Our Zinfandel Gift Pack includes:

2009 Vineyard 1869 Zinfandel
- America's Oldest Zinfandel Vineyard
2010 Old Vine Reserve Zinfandel
- Prohibition Era Zinfandel Spicy Blackberry Zinfandel Jam(11oz)
- A quick and easy appetizer
- Serve over cream cheese with crackers
WINE CLUB MEMBER HOLIDAY GIFT SPECIAL $78.00
Non Wine Club member price: $89.00

SYRAH DUO &
SPICY RASPBERRY SYRAH JAM
Syrah fans will shout "Hoorah" for Syrah with this great gift. Our Syrah Gift Pack includes:

2008 Mountain Selection Syrah
- Gold Medal Winning Wine
2009 J&S Reserve Syrah
- Terrific flavor & wonderful finish
Spicy Raspberry Syrah Jam (11oz.)
- Delicious on salmon, lamb, pork, duck, roast turkey & chocolate

WINE CLUB MEMBER HOLIDAY GIFT SPECIAL $59.00
Non Wine Club member price: $69.00

BARBERA DUO &
GLASS HANDLE CHEESE KNIFE
No matter how you slice it, Barbera is the perfect food wine. Our Barbera Gift pack is ideal for the foodie on your list. Our Barbera Gift Pack includes:

2010 Mountain Selection Barbera
- An excellent food wine
2009 J&S Reserve Barbera
- Gold Medal - 94 Points
Glass Handle Cheese Knife
- A beautiful and elegant gift

WINE CLUB MEMBER HOLIDAY GIFT SPECIAL $59.00
Non Wine Club member price: $69.00

INZINERATOR DUO & ATOMIC FROG BALLS
A super gift for your fun-loving Super Hero. Our InZINerator Gift Pack includes:

2 bottles of 2009 InZINerator
- 94 Points - Platinum Medal at the 2012 Consumer Wine Awards of Lodi Atomic Frog Balls
Spicy Pickled Brussel Sprouts (16oz)
- Wonderful in a martini or bloody mary or on a salad

WINE CLUB MEMBER HOLIDAY GIFT SPECIAL $44.00
Non Wine Club member price: $49.00

KISS DUO &
SPICY PEACH CHARDONNAY JAM
Forget the mistletoe. Our Kiss Gift Pack will have the same result.
Our Kiss Gift Pack includes:

2011 One Last Kiss White Blend
- Nice hot tub wine!
2009 One Last Kiss Red Blend
- Luscious and full-bodied
Spicy Peach Chardonnay Jam (11oz)
- Superb on grilled chicken, roast pork, duck and seafood.

WINE CLUB MEMBER HOLIDAY GIFT SPECIAL $42.00
Non Wine Club member price: $49.00

--
My CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
mschauber wrote:So probably just my imagination and desire to get everything for free (or at least the shipping,) hehehe..

Just like WTSO it depends on the nominal price. The shipping is still paid, you just don't see it.

Unlike WTSO the quantity required doesn't max at 4

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl

I noticed that the Lot18 deal on LivingSocial is over, but there's a new one out. Same thing...$25 for $50.

However, I came across a LivingSocial promo code that takes 10% off any purchase. Use promo code ELLEN and get this deal for $22.50...or whatever other LS deal you want for 10% off.

I wasn't going to get it again, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger for another voucher given the extra 10%, so I've refreshed the spreadsheet.

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
hesnctrl wrote:I noticed that the Lot18 deal on LivingSocial is over, but there's a new one out. Same thing...$25 for $50.

However, I came across a LivingSocial promo code that takes 10% off any purchase. Use promo code ELLEN and get this deal for $22.50...or whatever other LS deal you want for 10% off.

I wasn't going to get it again, but I went ahead and pulled the trigger for another voucher given the extra 10%, so I've refreshed the spreadsheet.

Thanks, I am in.

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Thanks! Got it.

---
Nathan

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

Thanks! I'm in.

Edit: OH F...I just bought it without using a link. I immediately emailed them to see if they'll apply it to bkrupski. Hopefully they can.

(This is what happens when you check wine.woot as soon as you get to work in the morning...the brain hasn't woken up yet)

tzarfoss

If I don't receive an email from them in the next hour or bkrupski has a buyer that can close out their link, I'll just remove my link from the list

sorry guys

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

Got a link for the new Lot18 coupon?
Looks like the 10% one has already expired.

CT

bkrupski

rjquillin wrote:Got a link for the new Lot18 coupon?
Looks like the 10% one has already expired.

See the spreadsheet link above

tzarfoss

well I still haven't heard anything.

Sorry bkrupski, you could have been free and clear at this point

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
hesnctrl wrote:I noticed that the Lot18 deal on LivingSocial is over, but there's a new one out. Same thing...$25 for $50.

Oh you guys are terrible...making me buy another voucher.

Sadly I didn't use the code so didn't get the 10% off. I saw the spreadsheet had gotten updated in my googedocs listing before I saw the posts here.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

tzarfoss

What are the chances there's a "free shipping" period at some point during december?

bkrupski

tzarfoss wrote:well I still haven't heard anything.

Sorry bkrupski, you could have been free and clear at this point

No worries it happens!

hesnctrl

bkrupski wrote:No worries it happens!

Unfortunately, it can happen even if you do things correctly. I've had many situations where my friends/family purchase various deals through my link, but it doesn't reflect on my account.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks its intentional...

hesnctrl

rjquillin wrote:Looks like the 10% one has already expired.

What expired? For me the LivingSocial promo code ELLEN is still working. This takes 10% off any/all LivingSocial offers.

montegobayjr

quality posts: 10 Private Messages montegobayjr

LB site? What's that?

EDIT: Disregard, got it.

http://www.lastbottlewines.com/

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
montegobayjr wrote:LB site? What's that?

Not sure what you're referring to, but perhaps lastbottlewines.com?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

redwinefan

Just got an email from Lot18 this morning with a new $15 credit that has to be used by Dec 10. Looks like a mass email, so I'm assuming most people got this credit. Should be enough to cover shipping.

tzarfoss

Interesting

Haven't seen anything on my account yet. Just have the $50 sitting there from the living social deal

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

2007 Inman Pinot Noir OGV (Olivet Grange Vineyard) on invino for $32. Pretty sure retail on this in well over $55 (they list $68, but I remember it being a bit lower at the winery). Kathleen makes some fantastic pinot, especially if you like soft, earthy, funky RRV style. At this price I might have to go in... but the with shipping ($5) and sales tax on 2 bottles it is nearly $40....

I am pretty sure I have at least one of these at home. I would check, but it appears that cellar tracker is down right now.

Bsev... you interested?

kylemittskus

I have no Lot18 credits. Also, their site is absolutely horrible to get around now. You can't do anything (including logging in) without putting your email in (which signs you up for emails). Then, once you're in, you can't just view all the offers. Wow.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
kylemittskus wrote:I have no Lot18 credits. Also, their site is absolutely horrible to get around now. You can't do anything (including logging in) without putting your email in (which signs you up for emails). Then, once you're in, you can't just view all the offers. Wow.

Hmmmm...I can view all offers. From the "Collection" page, click on the bottom right box in their grid ("Shop All Wines") and that should take you to the page with their filter settings, etc.

I do wish they would add a search feature though. Sometimes I've made a mental note of something I would consider buying, but I then have to scroll through all of the offers to find it again. Search by keyword or maker would be nice. I was considereing one of their Ladera (errrrr...maybe it was Juslyn, can't remember now) offers no too long ago and had to keep scrolling through (too many) pages to find it. Quite annoying.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
karenhynes wrote:Hmmmm...I can view all offers. From the "Collection" page, click on the bottom right box in their grid ("Shop All Wines") and that should take you to the page with their filter settings, etc.

I do wish they would add a search feature though. Sometimes I've made a mental note of something I would consider buying, but I then have to scroll through all of the offers to find it again. Search by keyword or maker would be nice. I was considereing one of their Ladera offers no too long ago and had to keep scrolling through (too many) pages to find it. Quite annoying.

I agree with you 100%. Since they have gone from offering a limited number of wines daily to hundreds of offers for an unlimited amount of time, I rarely review their website anymore. Too time consuming. If it weren't for the recent Living Social credits, I would not be buying any wine from Lot18. They have raised their pricing and lowered their discounts. Whatever happened to KISS (keep it simple s___)? BTW: I do not have any credits showing up in my account.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

Yeah, I didn't get the $15 credit either. I think sometimes they have that one go out selectively to people for various reasons.

But in either case, the LS deal is still out there for the next 4 days. Here's the link to the spreadsheet again. And although I forgot to use it, that ELLEN code supposedly still works to get an extra 10% off. So go use the linkage in the spreadsheet folx!

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin

My TO order arrived. Looks like El Jefe is cleaning out the cellar.

2007 The Spaniard
2005 Tempranillo
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2004 Petite Sirah Silvaspoons Vineyard
2003 Syrah Tanner Vineyard
2003 Grenache

Tempted to go in for seconds.

CT

funbunny

quality posts: 26 Private Messages funbunny
karenhynes wrote:Hmmmm...I can view all offers. From the "Collection" page, click on the bottom right box in their grid ("Shop All Wines") and that should take you to the page with their filter settings, etc.

I do wish they would add a search feature though. Sometimes I've made a mental note of something I would consider buying, but I then have to scroll through all of the offers to find it again. Search by keyword or maker would be nice. I was considereing one of their Ladera (errrrr...maybe it was Juslyn, can't remember now) offers no too long ago and had to keep scrolling through (too many) pages to find it. Quite annoying.

I currently work around that problem by using my online wishlist through Kaboodle.com. I add it to my wishful wine cellar and have a quick link back to Lot 18, etc. Kaboodle has become rather cluttered lately so there might be better places out there for online wish lists.

"Wine is sunshine held together by water" - Galileo Galilei

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:My TO order arrived. Looks like El Jefe is cleaning out the cellar.

2007 The Spaniard
2005 Tempranillo
2005 Syrah-Viognier
2004 Petite Sirah Silvaspoons Vineyard
2003 Syrah Tanner Vineyard
2003 Grenache

Tempted to go in for seconds.

The Spaniard alone is like $40!