HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
rjquillin wrote:I ~think~ I did this correctly.

Nope, you did it wrong...but I fixed the spreadsheet for you.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
rjquillin wrote:I ~think~ I did this correctly.

Looked good to me. I'm in.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Nope, you did it wrong...but I fixed the spreadsheet for you.

Ahhh, now I get it.
Well, I never have been good at following directions.

tnx

CT

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:Well, I never have been good at following directions.

tnx

Referral added. New line added.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

ntoc

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ntoc

Thanks guys! I thought Lot18 voucher was dead. Used the spreadsheet.

---
Nathan

HitAnyKey42

rjquillin wrote:Ahhh, now I get it.

tnx

That's ok, Bkarlan isn't good at following directions either. He was supposed to use ggunderson's link to give him his 3rd referral, but instead used your link.

So to make things clear...next person use ggunderson's link. Then the next 2 people use my link. Etc, etc.

Here's the spreadsheet again so that it's on this page of the thread so people don't have to go searching for it.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

bkarlan

HitAnyKey42 wrote:That's ok, Bkarlan isn't good at following directions either. He was supposed to use ggunderson's link to give him his 3rd referral, but instead used your link.

So to make things clear...next person use ggunderson's link. Then the next 2 people use my link. Etc, etc.

Here's the spreadsheet again so that it's on this page of the thread so people don't have to go searching for it.

Oops sorry. I didnt read the rules and just assumed people needed 1. There goes the whole "ASSumming" thing.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
ntoc wrote:Thanks guys! I thought Lot18 voucher was dead. Used the spreadsheet.

Yes, I seem to remember them saying they were done with vouchers, but they also seem to be grasping at straws at this point in terms of a business model.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

redwinefan

Speaking of free Lot18 credits. Looks like they just dropped $15 in for Black Friday. It must be used by midnight.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
redwinefan wrote:Speaking of free Lot18 credits. Looks like they just dropped $15 in for Black Friday. It must be used by midnight.

Interesting. I got the $15 credit too, but mine don't expire until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, Nov. 25.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to view much on their site today. When I try to view their "Collection" it says it is "Fetching Products" and nothing ever shows up.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

redwinefan

karenhynes wrote:Interesting. I got the $15 credit too, but mine don't expire until 11:59pm EST on Sunday, Nov. 25.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to view much on their site today. When I try to view their "Collection" it says it is "Fetching Products" and nothing ever shows up.

Ah, you are right about the expiration date. I haven't had my coffee yet

Their deals aren't wowing me. They have the 2008 Tyler Florence Cab which has been on Woot, but I've never tried it.

rjquillin

redwinefan wrote:Speaking of free Lot18 credits. Looks like they just dropped $15 in for Black Friday. It must be used by midnight.

Thanks for the heads-up, mine claims:
$15.00 Expires on Nov 25, 2012
Wondering if this will stack with other credits.
Site loading fine for me.

[edit] Just noticed I also have three vouchers totaling $150!! woot!

CT

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
HitAnyKey42 wrote:That's ok, Bkarlan isn't good at following directions either. He was supposed to use ggunderson's link to give him his 3rd referral, but instead used your link.

My wife purchased one using ggunderson's link, so he is now completed.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

I got the same $15 credit in my account, but I never got a notification that it is there. How are all of you being notified? Email?

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:I got the same $15 credit in my account, but I never got a notification that it is there. How are all of you being notified? Email?

This time, I got an e-mail at 5:15 am our time. I don't always get them though. Sometimes the credits just appear...and then disappear before I realize they are there.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

rjquillin

karenhynes wrote:This time, I got an e-mail at 5:15 am our time. I don't always get them though. Sometimes the credits just appear...and then disappear before I realize they are there.

Exactly my experience.
Were it not for others posting, I'd never know.

CT

rjquillin

We talk about it and back on WTSO $20 Ty Caton Cabernet
2010 Winemakers Cuvee Sonoma Valley Free Shipping on 4 or more

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:We talk about it and back on WTSO $20 Ty Caton Cabernet
2010 Winemakers Cuvee Sonoma Valley Free Shipping on 4 or more

Any past purchasers care to comment on this? $20 seems reasonable, but is it a good wine?

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:I got the same $15 credit in my account, but I never got a notification that it is there.

Same here, no notification but I have the $15 credit. I ordered 1x from Lot18 and it wasn't a great experience but with a $50 voucher and $15 credit = $65 of wine for $25, I am tempted. Especially with the potential to get the deal for free if enough people use the spreadsheet.

Did anyone bite on the half-case for $39 instead of the $25 voucher?

• $39 for a half-case of assorted wine (a $103 value)
Enjoy an assortment of six bottles handpicked by esteemed wine curators:
• 2011 Vinum California Chenin Blanc-Viognier
• 2011 La Villa Veneto Pinot Grigio
• 2011 Apaltagua Reserva Colchagua Valley Cabernet Sauvignon
• 2011 Caligiore Malbec Reserve
• 2010 Chai de Bordes Bordeaux
• 2010 Rancho Alexander Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
jmdavidson wrote:Any past purchasers care to comment on this? $20 seems reasonable, but is it a good wine?

There's some discussion of this in the thread on the 2010 Ty Caton Cab Sauv offering during the last woot-off. Personally, I suspect that this is the exact same wine, bottled under a slightly different label.

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Is there anything exciting on lot18 at the moment?

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
kittymac wrote:Is there anything exciting on lot18 at the moment?

If you dig there are a couple, that could be good deals with vouchers. I picked up the Cadence duo (2007 Cadence Camerata Cara Mia & 2007 Cadence Bel Canto Cara Mia) on Wednesday with the voucher but it is gone now.

I previously got this one:
2008 Leone d'Oro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

Here is one I was thinking about, but not a lot on it, Anyone have any insight?

2010 Alta Napa Valley Oso Malo Cabernet Sauvignon

HitAnyKey42

minnvt, if you see this...who's link did you click on in the spreadsheet? You put your name in the first referral spot where hesnctrl had his name, and that link was already done.

I've noticed that this is a very long lasting LivingSocial deal. There's still 17 days left for it.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac
bkrupski wrote:If you dig there are a couple, that could be good deals with vouchers. I picked up the Cadence duo (2007 Cadence Camerata Cara Mia & 2007 Cadence Bel Canto Cara Mia) on Wednesday with the voucher but it is gone now.

I previously got this one:
2008 Leone d'Oro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

Here is one I was thinking about, but not a lot on it, Anyone have any insight?

2010 Alta Napa Valley Oso Malo Cabernet Sauvignon

Thanks for the suggestions

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
HitAnyKey42 wrote:minnvt, if you see this...who's link did you click on in the spreadsheet? You put your name in the first referral spot where hesnctrl had his name, and that link was already done.

I've noticed that this is a very long lasting LivingSocial deal. There's still 17 days left for it.

Yeah I don't know who redid the referrals from the original spreadsheet, but the people who clicked on my referral link are actually Minnvt (whom I listed as friend originally), Hesnctrl, and a person named davidson, as that is who i got notifications on through Living social. Anyway, not sure that it really matters in the end.

rjquillin

I keep seeing Hunt Cellars cropping up in places, now Lot18. Not inexpensive, credits expiring, anyone have experience with any of their wines?

CT

bkarlan

rjquillin wrote:I keep seeing Hunt Cellars cropping up in places, now Lot18. Not inexpensive, credits expiring, anyone have experience with any of their wines?

Never tried them, but their website shows they have a Syrah port. That seems interesting.

https://huntcellars.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9&products_id=119&zenid=52a745513dd844f516cce28891b6abcf

jmdavidson

kittymac wrote:Is there anything exciting on lot18 at the moment?

I guess the credits from Living Social and the $15 credit from Lot18 (which was expiring at midnight) were burning a hole in my account. So I picked up:
2004, 2005 & 2007 Cigliuti Vigne Erte Barbaresco Trio
2008 Va Piano Columbia Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Duo
2007 Ruston Stagecoach Vineyard Napa Petit Verdot

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:I keep seeing Hunt Cellars cropping up in places, now Lot18. Not inexpensive, credits expiring, anyone have experience with any of their wines?

I have had a number of the wines up on Lot18. I have acquired most of them from prior offers and from my brother who is a club member. Prices at the winery for some of the Lot18 offered wines were ridiculously low, as in $25 each. The 2000 and 2001 CS are drinking well now but should be consumed soon. Anything 2002 and up is also drinking well but can still be cellared.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:I guess the credits from Living Social and the $15 credit from Lot18 (which was expiring at midnight) were burning a hole in my account. So

Waited too long. Only 21:33 here, but expired. Guess they expire in their, not my, timezone at midnight.

CT

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

After having picked up the 2008 Leone d'Oro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano Half Case a few weeks back for $115

I used the savings of $40 from the black friday credit and living social deal to grab two 2009 Domaine Grand Veneur Châteauneuf-du-Pape for what came to $24.99 a piece after the credits

I'd say that's a fair price

hesnctrl

Just received an email from Lot18. Free shipping today until midnight ET. I don't see any mention of it on the website itself, but add anything to your cart and you'll see there's no shipping charge.

Vouchers & free ship....kinda feels like old times.

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

Lot18 now has free shipping and also has some upcoming "amazing Cyber Monday deals", whatever that means.

hesnctrl

The email also states that the free shipping is a "Web Exclusive" which I find kinda funny since they are only online.

Actually, the fine print at the bottom says that the free shipping doesn't apply if you use their mobile app.

HitAnyKey42

rjquillin wrote:Waited too long. Only 21:33 here, but expired. Guess they expire in their, not my, timezone at midnight.

I waited too long for the $15 credit yesterday too, but the free shipping today almost makes up for it (essentially would have gotten $5 extra yesterday, since shipping is $10).

And the vouchers can still be obtained, so people should hop on over to the spreadsheet and get vouchers to use today.

My Cellar
NYC Tastings

jmdavidson

hesnctrl wrote:The email also states that the free shipping is a "Web Exclusive" which I find kinda funny since they are only online.

Actually, the fine print at the bottom says that the free shipping doesn't apply if you use their mobile app.

Not sure if this is new or not, but when you check on a purchase it shows 1) Preparing (Date), 2) Ready to Ship Estimate (Date), 3) Shipped Est. (Date) and 4) Delivered Est. (Dates). Great feature, so I hope it is accurate. Wish we had this type of perk at Wine.Woot (hint, hint).

chipgreen

RaiderSPE wrote:Lot18 now has free shipping and also has some upcoming "amazing Cyber Monday deals", whatever that means.

They pretty much just swapped the $15 account credit for free shipping.

chipgreen

Speaking of Hunt.... but not the same one - Hunt Country has a sale going on right now on some of their wines. Better yet, I have a code that will not only save 20% but gives free shipping for a mixed case (or half-price shipping for 6 bottles). The 20% off even includes already discounted wines. Just enter WOOT4 in your shopping cart to get the discount. Offer expires 12/31/2012.

If you've never tried any wines from the Finger Lakes region, this is an excellent opportunity to make your own sampler of some wines that are unique to the NE and Midwest portions of the country.

Cayuga, Seyval Blanc, Valvin Muscat, Vignoles and their delicious Late Harvest Vignoles. Also their famous Vidal Blanc Ice Wine which has been served in the White House. Plus blended wines featuring grapes such as Niagara and Concord.

A surprisingly good Cab Franc... interesting takes on Cream Sherry and Ruby Port, etc. All of this is besides the world-renowned Riesling which comes from this area (and Hunt Country offers both a Dry and Semi-Dry Riesling). Yes, I am a fan and my mixed case is due to arrive today!

froboy419

quality posts: 0 Private Messages froboy419

You should be complete, HitAnyKey42 - just bought off of your referral link. Happy purchasing.

HitAnyKey42 wrote:I waited too long for the $15 credit yesterday too, but the free shipping today almost makes up for it (essentially would have gotten $5 extra yesterday, since shipping is $10).

And the vouchers can still be obtained, so people should hop on over to the spreadsheet and get vouchers to use today.

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
rjquillin wrote:Ahhh, now I get it.

tnx

Bought through rjquillin link and updated the spreadsheet.

This is a great idea and a way to really spread the wealth, something that can only really be done if you're on here all the time and see when people make requests for referral links... So nice idea, hope this is a new trend ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT