cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

For those who live near wine library or who have a free shipping code from earlier this year, there is what looks to be an excellent value wine up on cinderellawine right now. $6.49 for a Spanish Grenache rated 92RP, 89 IWC and 87 CT (which is swayed by price)

6 bottles shipped, under $40. Gotta be decent for Tuesday night.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
cmaldoon wrote:For those who live near wine library or who have a free shipping code from earlier this year, there is what looks to be an excellent value wine up on cinderellawine right now. $6.49 for a Spanish Grenache rated 92RP, 89 IWC and 87 CT (which is swayed by price)

6 bottles shipped, under $40. Gotta be decent for Tuesday night.

Looks like a good grab, cmaldoon. Thanks for the heads up.

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:Looks like a good grab, cmaldoon. Thanks for the heads up.

I had seen it this morning and dismissed it then I thought more and researched. Cheap tasty Grenache is hard to come by.

My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
redwinefan wrote:Is anyone still using Garagiste? I had pretty much sworn them off, but I notice they've gotten their act together a little better in the shipping price department.

I got my bill for my last two cases that I have had waiting in their warehouse, and it looks like it will be $28/case to Texas. Not great, but not entirely awful at 2.33 a bottle.

That's good news. I've been waiting to see what the shipping rate to SoCal will be before ordering anything more ever again. Glad to know where the ceiling is

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

pcuccaro

quality posts: 8 Private Messages pcuccaro
redwinefan wrote:Is anyone still using Garagiste? I had pretty much sworn them off, but I notice they've gotten their act together a little better in the shipping price department.

I got my bill for my last two cases that I have had waiting in their warehouse, and it looks like it will be $28/case to Texas. Not great, but not entirely awful at 2.33 a bottle.

I have been ordering from them still this year. He offers so many interesting wines and I'm still learning, so it's been hard not to get sucked in. He mentioned that they finally got something more reasonable worked out for shipping a while back. As you said, it's not great but better than before. The few magnums I have coming were less reasonable ($17-20) so I won't be doing that again.

Looking forward to getting my cases shipped in early December. I need to stop buying and start drinking, though, or I'll be out of room again.

Fill your glass when it is empty, empty it when it is full, never leave it empty, never leave it full.
Italian proverb

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Cheap Barbera up on LastBottleWines $5/each, free shipping on 12. CT ratings are low 80s.

Looks like it was also up at $60/case at Shopper's Vineyard. They have a youtube tasting video for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bcZUuNNcO8

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
redwinefan wrote:Cheap Barbera up on LastBottleWines $5/each, free shipping on 12. CT ratings are low 80s.

Looks like it was also up at $60/case at Shopper's Vineyard. They have a youtube tasting video for it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bcZUuNNcO8

I figured that at the price it was worth a shot. The CT info is pretty worthless, IMHO. The video was helpful, though it was also part of a sales effort. It certainly appears as though someone imported this, it hasn't been selling, and now they're clearing it out.

cmaldoon

RJQ - PM for you!

My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 180 Private Messages rjquillin
cmaldoon wrote:RJQ - PM for you!

Yeah, yeah, I'm here. It's work that's getting in the way.
Drafted today from circuit board layout to florescent lamp replacement. Yeah, that's cost effective!

CT

catador77

quality posts: 0 Private Messages catador77
cmaldoon wrote:$6.49 for a Spanish Grenache rated 92RP, 89 IWC and 87 CT (which is swayed by price)

Cmaldoon, Which Spanish wine are you talking about?

cmaldoon

catador77 wrote:Cmaldoon, Which Spanish wine are you talking about?

This One . Though it is no longer up on Cindy it is still just $7 at wine library.

My Cellar

tzarfoss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tzarfoss

Can anyone comment on the WTSO deal right now? http://wtso.com/

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger based on tasting notes

2007 Merryvale Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley https://www.cellartracker.com/new/wine.asp?iWine=847174

rjquillin

Kunde 2007 CS Reserve up for $30 in Invino.

Any rpm tourists have notes on this?

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:Kunde 2007 CS Reserve up for $30 in Invino.

Any rpm tourists have notes on this?

Couldn't find my notes. Just a receipt showing we bought a bottle of the 09 CS (retail $45, tour price $36). So, if we tried both, we must have liked the 09 better.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

I got an email last week from them with the invoice. Then got another, and another. 8 emails later I'm trying to figure out where I'm going to put it all. The price to DFW was between $26-29, much better than the shipping cost back in the Spring. 2 of the cases were from their warehouse case sale.

Z

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Anyone get in on the WTSO deal on the Quixote Panza Claret
Stags' Leap Ranch 2005 for $12.99/bottle?

84% Cabernet Sauvignon
6% Syrah
6% Cabernet Franc
4% Petite Syrah

2005 was a good year!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
bsevern wrote:Anyone get in on the WTSO deal on the Quixote Panza Claret

84% Cabernet Sauvignon
6% Syrah
6% Cabernet Franc
4% Petite Syrah

2005 was a good year!

This seemed like a fantastic deal, but I just picked up about 5 cases of wine from my UPS box today from all of my Last Bottle and Invino summer orders. I had to restrain myself from going in on the Panza.

Let us know how it is.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski

Lot18 Voucher on Living Social:

$25 for $50

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher on Living Social:

$25 for $50

Not sure if we can use the spreadsheet anymore, but I've added my link to it.

cmaldoon

bkrupski wrote:Lot18 Voucher on Living Social:
http://www.livingsocial.com/deals/536474

$25 for $50

When you get it, could you please verify that it works the same as in the past... Just want to make sure they can stack

My Cellar

bkrupski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bkrupski
cmaldoon wrote:When you get it, could you please verify that it works the same as in the past... Just want to make sure they can stack

I bought one and my wife bought one through her living social account, but i haven't tried stacking them in the same lot18 account.

hesnctrl

cmaldoon wrote:When you get it, could you please verify that it works the same as in the past... Just want to make sure they can stack

I added my voucher to my Lot18 account in the same manner as before and credit get applied as before. I have only 1 so I can't validate the stacking. However, what's different is that after applying the voucher, I'm taken to a splash page for LS members, so they obviously know that the voucher code was from LS.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
hesnctrl wrote:Not sure if we can use the spreadsheet anymore, but I've added my link to it. https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/536474

If we could refrain from posting referrals directly in the thread, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

jmdavidson

hesnctrl wrote:Not sure if we can use the spreadsheet anymore, but I've added my link to it. https://www.livingsocial.com/deals/536474

I used your link, so I hope you got a credit. EDIT: looks like it showed up on the spreadsheet. (??)

gggunderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gggunderson

i used the spreadsheet .. and added my info. thanks.

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:I used your link, so I hope you got a credit. EDIT: looks like it showed up on the spreadsheet. (??)

FYI: this deals lets you buy one. Then you can gift one. When you do, just check the print out option and apply the redeem code to your own account.

hesnctrl

inkycatz wrote:If we could refrain from posting referrals directly in the thread, that would be fantastic.

Thanks!

I removed my link from my previous post.

gggunderson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gggunderson
jmdavidson wrote:FYI: this deals lets you buy one. Then you can gift one. When you do, just check the print out option and apply the redeem code to your own account.

thanks for the tip. this worked just fine.

now, what to buy? ... any suggestions?

jmdavidson

gggunderson wrote:thanks for the tip. this worked just fine.

now, what to buy? ... any suggestions?

You have until the end of Feb to use it so why spend it now? Sometimes Lot 18 has free shipping days, which it posts on its facebook page. Otherwise you have to buy 6 bottles to get the free shipping.

EDIT: also you will find that they randomly put a credit in your account. I've only gotten $10, but others here have indicated they've gotten more.

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:You have until the end of Feb to use it so why spend it now? Sometimes Lot 18 has free shipping days, which it posts on its facebook page. Otherwise you have to buy 6 bottles to get the free shipping.

EDIT: also you will find that they randomly put a credit in your account. I've only gotten $10, but others here have indicated they've gotten more.

I think you have until the end of February to move it into yout Lot 18 acct. Once claimed, mine show a November 20, 2017 expiration date. Surely Lot 18 will have something I want in the next 5 years.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
jmdavidson wrote:EDIT: also you will find that they randomly put a credit in your account. I've only gotten $10, but others here have indicated they've gotten more.

Yeah, I recently had a $15 credit added not too long ago.
Anyway, I got the voucher now and added my name to the spreadsheet. Let's keep the community camaraderie going.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

VELVET PALATE will have FREE Shipping On Thanksgiving Day Through Cyber Monday

rjquillin

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I recently had a $15 credit added not too long ago.
Anyway, I got the voucher now and added my name to the spreadsheet. Let's keep the community camaraderie going.

I ~think~ I did this correctly.

CT

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
hesnctrl wrote:I removed my link from my previous post.

Thanks a bunch

I'm just hanging out, really.

hesnctrl

jmdavidson wrote:You have until the end of Feb to use it so why spend it now? Sometimes Lot 18 has free shipping days, which it posts on its facebook page. Otherwise you have to buy 6 bottles to get the free shipping.

Do they still have free shipping days? I haven't seen one in forever. I still follow them on FB, but have actually been tempted to unlike them due to the lack of deals and selection. I'm finding WTSO much more compelling.

But a voucher or two will keep me engaged...

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

David Noyes 2009 Merlot up on WTSO for just $12.99. He worked with/for Peter Wellington, so its probably pretty good.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

RaiderSPE

quality posts: 1 Private Messages RaiderSPE

I am in, I have a backlog of credits. No more VA shipping means I am going to have to Wootleg some from West Virginia via my coworkers.

dudemanchu

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dudemanchu
HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I recently had a $15 credit added not too long ago.

Linked through hesnctrl and updated spreadsheet.

richardhod

quality posts: 261 Private Messages richardhod

Sounds a steal just like their PS for $15 at Trader Joe's earlier in the year. Likely a big
Napa cabn but well made of the type.

Kunde 05 reserve cab for $20 was good a while back and I'm holding some until it's out of dumb period. 07 likely better. Drink now or hold for 5. Their ordinary cab is, well, ordinary, but this is decent if not mind Boeing

bsevern wrote:Anyone get in on the WTSO deal on the Quixote Panza Claret

84% Cabernet Sauvignon
6% Syrah
6% Cabernet Franc
4% Petite Syrah

2005 was a good year!

jmdavidson

I keep looking at this deal on Last Bottle and need someone to get me off the fence either way.
Parusso Barbera d'Alba Superiore 2003, @$17/bottle. Flavor components look good: The estate’s 2003 Barbera d’Alba Superiore is an excellent wine from this superb Barbera vintage. Full-bodied and deeply expressive, it offers captivating layers of ripe fruit, chocolate, spices and licorice sensations with outstanding persistence on the palate and plenty of style. BUT, this is leading me to hold back: Anticipated maturity: 2007-2011. Any thoughts???