tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
bsevern wrote:That Ardente Cabernet is sure making the rounds lately, WTSO, WOOT, Winelibrary....like whack-a-mole!

Heh....makes you wonder if they sold any of it on release??

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:Invino has the '04 Moon Mountain Syrah up for only $10. I know it has probably made the rounds plenty of times by now, but wondering if this is less than the past.

Anyone had this? '04 was a good year for syrah's in Napa.

I had the 05, with was also $10 in the initial moon mountain pop-up sale on invino. I really liked it at that price and would buy some of the 04 if not for my SIWBM.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
tytiger58 wrote:Heh....makes you wonder if they sold any of it on release??

Well I know the stuff on woot was winery direct and the stuff on wine library was a distributor getting rid of stock. It is likely that WTSO was a distributor too given the business they are in. So yes, Ardente did sell at release, just not to consumers

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:Well I know the stuff on woot was winery direct and the stuff on wine library was a distributor getting rid of stock. It is likely that WTSO was a distributor too given the business they are in. So yes, Ardente did sell at release, just not to consumers

Yes that was my point....too people, looks like the distributor's that got it at release could not or would not move it for whatever reasons.

cmaldoon

tytiger58 wrote:Yes that was my point....too people, looks like the distributor's that got it at release could not or would not move it for whatever reasons.

Well... Most people agreed that the label was hideous (not my opinion) and that may have prevented it from moving off shelves.

My Cellar

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

WineSpies has an interesting offer today, a (supposedly) $75 Sempre Vive '02 Cab for $29.99, as usual, free shipping with 6. They don't/can't ship to NY, or I'd probably be unable to resist.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

Cinderella wine is doing a new wine every 24 hours starting at midnight eastern (an hour ago)

My Cellar

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
cmaldoon wrote:Cinderella wine is doing a new wine every 24 hours starting at midnight eastern (an hour ago)

And Im getting a 502 error when trying to get to their site.

Neal K Bharadwaj

tytiger58

Smoking deal on the 2007 Falesco Marciliano Umbria on Cindy right now.

$22 and change

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
tytiger58 wrote:Smoking deal on the 2007 Falesco Marciliano Umbria on Cindy right now.

$22 and change

Picked one up - great deal! Love living about 15 miles from WL - no minimums to order and I can pick up at my convenience.

nealkb

tdedek wrote:Picked one up - great deal! Love living about 15 miles from WL - no minimums to order and I can pick up at my convenience.

I pulled over on the highway to type in my cc info. No way I was missing that deal.

Neal K Bharadwaj

tdedek

quality posts: 4 Private Messages tdedek
nealkb wrote:I pulled over on the highway to type in my cc info. No way I was missing that deal.

Good move Neal! Like that you actually pulled over instead of trying to 'multitask', as I see so many do as I drive to and from work...constant defensive driving is a must around here.

rjquillin

quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

Cindy 2003 Le Macchiole Messorio Toscana IGT: $100
Ave CT: $159
Wine Market Journal quarterly auction price: $222

For a Merlot?

From one that doesn't know, seems like a no-brainer, but what's so good about this?

CT

nealkb

rjquillin wrote:Cindy 2003 Le Macchiole Messorio Toscana IGT: $100

For a Merlot?

From one that doesn't know, seems like a no-brainer, but what's so good about this?

Id love to know too.

Neal K Bharadwaj

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Cindy 2003 Le Macchiole Messorio Toscana IGT: $100

For a Merlot?

I will let you know after I pop one

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:I will let you know after I pop one

So, you popped for one? Gonna invite us over?

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:So, you popped for one? Gonna invite us over?

Actually two now.....and I think it would be a good idea to have some people over to try it!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
rjquillin wrote:Guess we're still looking for someone to take five more then.

tnx

PM for you.

rjquillin

ajrod27 wrote:PM for you.

Replied.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Tardieu Laurent Cornas Coteaux 2008 on LB for $25. Free shipping on 3.

Anybody tried this?

tytiger58

trifecta wrote:Tardieu Laurent Cornas Coteaux 2008 on LB for $25. Free shipping on 3.

Anybody tried this?

If this was any other day I would buy the max. Have not tried the 08 but had another vintage and it was fantastic! Great price

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just up on WTSO: Tallulah Wines Stagecoach Vineyard, Napa Valley Syrah 2009 @$19.99 each. This is a new vineyard for Mike Drash. Other syrahs I've had from Stagecoach vineyard have been delicious. Tallulah has been up on Wine.Woot before, as in Syrah from Bald Mountain and Les Troix Voix. So, I'm thinking this is probably pretty darn good.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
jmdavidson wrote:Just up on WTSO: Tallulah Wines Stagecoach Vineyard, Napa Valley Syrah 2009 @$19.99 each. This is a new vineyard for Mike Drash. Other syrahs I've had from Stagecoach vineyard have been delicious. Tallulah has been up on Wine.Woot before, as in Syrah from Bald Mountain and Les Troix Voix. So, I'm thinking this is probably pretty darn good.

Just pulled the trigger on 4 of these and 8 of the MM syrah closing soon on invino. Thanks.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:Just up on WTSO: Tallulah Wines Stagecoach Vineyard, Napa Valley Syrah 2009 @$19.99 each. This is a new vineyard for Mike Drash. Other syrahs I've had from Stagecoach vineyard have been delicious. Tallulah has been up on Wine.Woot before, as in Syrah from Bald Mountain and Les Troix Voix. So, I'm thinking this is probably pretty darn good.

I'm trying to not buy any wine, but I can't pass up Tallulah + Stagecoach. Restrained myself and only bought 2.

I'm hoping there is enough that it makes its way back to WTSO or Woot in the future after I've sampled it.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jmdavidson

redwinefan wrote:I'm trying to not buy any wine, but I can't pass up Tallulah + Stagecoach. Restrained myself and only bought 2.

I'm hoping there is enough that it makes its way back to WTSO or Woot in the future after I've sampled it.

I did the same and hope for the same.

ddeuddeg

jmdavidson wrote:I did the same and hope for the same.

Thought about it 30 seconds too long. Put 4 in my cart, forgetting I hadn't signed in, by the time I signed in, it was gone.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

tjhoulihan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tjhoulihan
ddeuddeg wrote:Thought about it 30 seconds too long. Put 4 in my cart, forgetting I hadn't signed in, by the time I signed in, it was gone.

Arghhh.. How do I keep missing the damn Tallulah deals...

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
redwinefan wrote:I'm trying to not buy any wine, but I can't pass up Tallulah + Stagecoach. Restrained myself and only bought 2.

I wanted to buy, but seeing how 5 boxes showed up from WTSO today and I have a case from Last bottle supposed to be arriving by Sat.!! I barely had room for what just came in.....

bud8jr

There were only a couple hundred cases produced. I have 4 btls due here soon.

2007 Eos Estate French Connection Red for $11.44 on cindy now.

rjquillin

bud8jr wrote:2007 Eos Estate French Connection Red for $11.44 on cindy now.

Can't find any blend % info or pH on the Eos site.
Spoiled by woot. Anyone taste this?

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Can't find any blend % info or pH on the Eos site.
Spoiled by woot. Anyone taste this?

Technical Notes
VARIETAL: ..........................................55% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon,
13% Petite Verdot, 5% Malbec, 4% Cabernet Franc
HARVEST DATE: .................................................. September & October 2007
HARVEST BRIX: .......................................................................24.2° – 25.4°
TITRATABLE ACIDITY: ...........................................................................6.2 g/l
PH: ........................................................................................................3.62
FINISHED ALCOHOL: ........................................................................... 14.0%
BARREL REGIME: ....20 months in neutral and once-filled French oak barrels.
VINEYARD LOCATION: .................................................100% Paso Robles AVA

rjquillin

WTSO- $20
Ty Caton Petite Sirah Caton Vineyard Sonoma Valley 2010
Free Shipping on 4 or more

Got mine, hope it drinks like earlier vintages.

CT

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Technical Notes
VARIETAL: ..........................................55% Merlot, 23% Cabernet Sauvignon,
13% Petite Verdot, 5% Malbec, 4% Cabernet Franc
HARVEST DATE: .................................................. September & October 2007
HARVEST BRIX: .......................................................................24.2° – 25.4°
TITRATABLE ACIDITY: ...........................................................................6.2 g/l
PH: ........................................................................................................3.62
FINISHED ALCOHOL: ........................................................................... 14.0%
BARREL REGIME: ....20 months in neutral and once-filled French oak barrels.
VINEYARD LOCATION: .................................................100% Paso Robles AVA

I could have hoped for better.
But where?
and thanks.

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:I could have hoped for better.
But where?
and thanks.

???Google....I guess you could get better for 11 bucks?? Don't know never tried it.

bud8jr

rjquillin wrote:WTSO- $20
Ty Caton Petite Sirah Caton Vineyard Sonoma Valley 2010
Free Shipping on 4 or more

Got mine, hope it drinks like earlier vintages.

2010 vintage is not good from what Ive read.

3.62 ph

I dont understand that.

rjquillin

bud8jr wrote:2010 vintage is not good from what Ive read.

3.62 ph

I dont understand that.

The above specs were for 2007 Eos Estate French Connection Red for $11.44 on cindy now, Not the Ty.

CT

jmdavidson

If you like sweet dessert wines, up now on Invino (Premier access) is a 2001 Fattoria Lavacchio Vin Santo Riserva Chianti Rufina (500ml) for $17.99. I have not had this one but have other Vin Santos, which are not commonly found here. This one has 11 years in the bottle, so my expectations are high.

nealkb

2010 Super Tuscan on WTSO for 10 a pop. Free shipping on 4.

Super Tuscan 2010
Spalletti Rosso IGT
Palazzo Al Campo
By Giovanni Folonari

According to them its a limited release...

Neal K Bharadwaj

ddeuddeg

nealkb wrote:2010 Super Tuscan on WTSO for 10 a pop. Free shipping on 4....According to them its a limited release...

And they're always 100% truthful and accurate.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Is anyone still using Garagiste? I had pretty much sworn them off, but I notice they've gotten their act together a little better in the shipping price department.

I got my bill for my last two cases that I have had waiting in their warehouse, and it looks like it will be $28/case to Texas. Not great, but not entirely awful at 2.33 a bottle.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington