joelsisk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk

For those interested in a new wine cooler, Costco has the Wine Enthusiast 170 bottle, 2 zone for $1200 SHIPPED - model 273 01 70. (300 off). Also some others on sale. Nearest comparable at wine enthusiast itself is $2000 for a 166 bottle...

ETA: this one looks closer but still not exact same model number for $1900.

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
joelsisk wrote:For those interested in a new wine cooler, Costco has the Wine Enthusiast 170 bottle, 2 zone for $1200 SHIPPED. (300 off). Also some others on sale. Nearest comparable at wine enthusiast itself is $2000 for a 166 bottle...



I am considering purchasing this-- any comments?

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
joelsisk wrote:For those interested in a new wine cooler, Costco has the Wine Enthusiast 170 bottle, 2 zone for $1200 SHIPPED. (300 off). Also some others on sale. Nearest comparable at wine enthusiast itself is $2000 for a 166 bottle...



That's a pretty sick price.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bdlsmoran wrote:I am considering purchasing this-- any comments?



Buy it now. Think about it later. If you have any issues, Costco will return it. I bought a monster from them and they tried to deliver it. It was too tall for my room. The delivery guys took it away and I was refunded the entire cost, no questions asked.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

joelsisk


quality posts: 7 Private Messages joelsisk
kylemittskus wrote:Buy it now. Think about it later. If you have any issues, Costco will return it. I bought a monster from them and they tried to deliver it. It was too tall for my room. The delivery guys took it away and I was refunded the entire cost, no questions asked.



Agreed. The price is amazing for a higher-quality unit of this capacity. It has the nice shelving (though some dislike as non"standard" bottles don't fit easily). Also, can return it any time per costco policy, so even a year or more from now if you have enough cajones.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
joelsisk wrote:Agreed. The price is amazing for a higher-quality unit of this capacity. It has the nice shelving (though some dislike as non"standard" bottles don't fit easily). Also, can return it any time per costco policy, so even a year or more from now if you have enough cajones.



I was just coming to say that there is no way you're getting 170 bottles in there. Still a great price, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

trifecta


quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta
kylemittskus wrote:I was just coming to say that there is no way you're getting 170 bottles in there. Still a great price, though.



You might be able to, but not with all the shelves in there. The "smaller" of my two cabinets is an older eurocave that is about 12" shorter. I only use 5 shelves and can get about 10-12 cases in it.

It is less convenient because you have to do a lot of stacking and de-stacking....

The other advantage to this style over a defined racking system is for oversized and 375's. I have also found it nice for those nice looking, but annoying, longer bottles which end up making it difficult to stack double deep in a tradition cabinet.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
trifecta wrote:You might be able to, but not with all the shelves in there. The "smaller" of my two cabinets is an older eurocave that is about 12" shorter. I only use 5 shelves and can get about 10-12 cases in it.

It is less convenient because you have to do a lot of stacking and de-stacking....

The other advantage to this style over a defined racking system is for oversized and 375's. I have also found it nice for those nice looking, but annoying, longer bottles which end up making it difficult to stack double deep in a tradition cabinet.



I find the longer bottles make it much more difficult to stack in my Eurocave because it doesn't interlace well with the back row. It only work's well if you save the taller bottles for the top of the stack in my experience. I would have much preferred more set/standard shelving but for $200 I wasn't complaining. I managed to fit nearly 160 bottles in mine (and can probably get more). I never found the original listing, but it was probably listed for 170 bottles and would probably normally hold 130-140 without some ingenuity.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Any reviews on the 2007 fanti on wine library? The super sale they've been flooding my inbox about for the past week.

http://winelibrary.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f1f54e220aa498070f789b6a&id=9bea9aa386&e=5d1f526feb

Neal K Bharadwaj

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
nealkb wrote:Any reviews on the 2007 fanti on wine library? The super sale they've been flooding my inbox about for the past week.

http://winelibrary.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f1f54e220aa498070f789b6a&id=9bea9aa386&e=5d1f526feb



Nice buy if you're looking for that range. I'm waiting for the fake woot-off: 24 wines in 24 hours

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
kylemittskus wrote:Nice buy if you're looking for that range. I'm waiting for the fake woot-off: 24 wines in 24 hours



There's a ten dollar off code.


You must use the code FANTI when checking out)
Free Shipping Bonus: All orders for 12+ bottles will also earn free shipping!

Neal K Bharadwaj

tytiger58


quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
nealkb wrote:There's a ten dollar off code.


You must use the code FANTI when checking out)
Free Shipping Bonus: All orders for 12+ bottles will also earn free shipping!



I had to buy a few...great price.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson




bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
nealkb wrote:Any reviews on the 2007 fanti on wine library? The super sale they've been flooding my inbox about for the past week.

http://winelibrary.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2f1f54e220aa498070f789b6a&id=9bea9aa386&e=5d1f526feb



Anyone in the bay area getting in on this? I certainly do not need a case of this, but I've been wanting to try a Brunello for a while, and looks like a nice deal.

Also, what's up with Lastbottle...selling this wine at the same price as the winery?

Tobias Cabernet Sauvignon Napa 2010 $30/bottle.

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

For anyone in or near LA, there is a pretty big/unusual discount for Pinot Days this Sunday at the Shrine Auditorium but the deal is only for the remainder of the day today: http://www.localwineevents.com/ticket_deals/detail/444467/launch

nealkb


quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
bsevern wrote:Anyone in the bay area getting in on this? I certainly do not need a case of this, but I've been wanting to try a Brunello for a while, and looks like a nice deal.

Also, what's up with Lastbottle...selling this wine at the same price as the winery?

Tobias Cabernet Sauvignon Napa 2010 $30/bottle.



I could be interested in up to 3. Think you can find people for the other 6?

Neal K Bharadwaj

bud8jr


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bdlsmoran wrote:Wine.com is offering FREE SHIPPING for 30 days with Steward-Ship Free Trial.



Can you use it on a wineshopper order?


bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
bud8jr wrote:Can you use it on a wineshopper order?



Nope, only wine.com

merbill


quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

RPM tour favorite Iron Horse has their Brut Rose and a couple of their premium Chards on sale for 20% off or so for the next few days on Gilt Taste. Discounted shipping on 6 bottles.

Gilt also have a Hermann Wiemer Gewurtz, DeLoach Forgotten Vines Zin, and Howell at the Moon Cab on sale - you could take care of your entire Thanksgiving needs.

PM if you need an invite code.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

ajrod27


quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
rjquillin wrote:Do they do split cases, after you already have one full one, or only mod(12) lots?



I got a reply from the winery, the sale price only applies to full case purchases.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
ajrod27 wrote:I got a reply from the winery, the sale price only applies to full case purchases.

Guess we're still looking for someone to take five more then.

tnx

CT

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz

2002 Quixote Panza Petite Syrah - Stags' Leap Ranch up on WTSO right now for $24.99; have not had it, but I know there's a pretty large number of PS fans on these boards... any insight as to whether this is a good deal?

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
jawlz wrote:2002 Quixote Panza Petite Syrah - Stags' Leap Ranch up on WTSO right now for $24.99; have not had it, but I know there's a pretty large number of PS fans on these boards... any insight as to whether this is a good deal?



I got a four pack of the 2001 and 2003 from WTSO last week at this same price. Drank one of the 2003s last night, and while I don't have specific notes, it was delicious, good QPR, and at its peak.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jawlz wrote:2002 Quixote Panza Petite Syrah - Stags' Leap Ranch up on WTSO right now for $24.99; have not had it, but I know there's a pretty large number of PS fans on these boards... any insight as to whether this is a good deal?



It retailed in the $50 range so comparatively, it is. The 06 is delicious and a steal at $15 (TJ's relabeled). The age makes it an attractive offer.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jawlz


quality posts: 12 Private Messages jawlz
kylemittskus wrote:It retailed in the $50 range so comparatively, it is. The 06 is delicious and a steal at $15 (TJ's relabeled). The age makes it an attractive offer.



What's the label at TJ's? At $15 I'd love to pick up a bottle or two to see how I like it.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
jawlz wrote:What's the label at TJ's? At $15 I'd love to pick up a bottle or two to see how I like it.



Yeah, I was headed to TJ's this weekend, so I'm curious too.

I'm just hanging out, really.

kylemittskus


quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jawlz wrote:What's the label at TJ's? At $15 I'd love to pick up a bottle or two to see how I like it.



I seriously doubt they'll have any left but it's called "Lance and Windmill."

Another good one is St. Supery SB relabeled something like "VNTJS."

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cmaldoon


quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
inkycatz wrote:Yeah, I was headed to TJ's this weekend, so I'm curious too.



It was labeled "lance and windmill" and has almost certainly sold out in the past year. Most tjs got 10 or fewer cases

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
jawlz wrote:2002 Quixote Panza Petite Syrah - Stags' Leap Ranch up on WTSO right now for $24.99; have not had it, but I know there's a pretty large number of PS fans on these boards... any insight as to whether this is a good deal?



Anyone in the southbay want to do a split...I don't want four for free shipping, but I'd take two

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

OK, now we know where the 2009 Anaba Gap's Crown Chardonnay went to instead of woot...it's up on LB right now!

EDIT: The woot offer was a better QPR if the chards are of similar quality.

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin
bsevern wrote:Anyone in the southbay want to do a split...I don't want four for free shipping, but I'd take two

I'd take two if you want to buy-and-hold for me.

CT

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bsevern wrote:OK, now we know where the 2009 Anaba Gap's Crown Chardonnay went to instead of woot...it's up on LB right now!

EDIT: The woot offer was a better QPR if the chards are of similar quality.



Interesting. During that offer someone asked why the Gap's Crown wasn't offered (which they had apparently been told it would be during the Halloween party) and WD's response that it had become "unavailable". Now we know why.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bdlsmoran


quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

The Cotes de Provence Rose Domaine du Garde-Temps
'Tourbillon' 2011 is back up at WTSO.com for $11.00 and free shipping with 4.

Got this last time great QPR

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:Want to do a couple, or more, each; since you're coming this way?



I am sorry, I completely missed this post. I pulled my back earlier that day and was off and online wherever I could get comfortable. Ended up at the dr and on some meds that day and on thursday. Probably best I didn't order anything while on meds. I might have bought a winery.


I did not purchase any.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

bkarlan


quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
joelsisk wrote:For those interested in a new wine cooler, Costco has the Wine Enthusiast 170 bottle, 2 zone for $1200 SHIPPED - model 273 01 70. (300 off). Also some others on sale. Nearest comparable at wine enthusiast itself is $2000 for a 166 bottle...

ETA: this one looks closer but still not exact same model number for $1900.



I want it, but I need to ask the wife. She is overseas now. Hmmmm maybe I can just ask forgiveness.

Ugh!!!

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

McMalbec


quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec
bkarlan wrote:I want it, but I need to ask the wife. She is overseas now. Hmmmm maybe I can just ask forgiveness.

Ugh!!!



Surprise her! Fill it with some of her favs.

redwinefan


quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Invino has the Sand Hill Durell vineyard Pinot Noir 2007 up for 24.99. I think this is the cheapest it has been, since it normally shows up at 29.99 on Invino.

I've had previous vintages, and they've been excellent especially if you enjoy your Pinot with a lot of earthiness.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin


quality posts: 170 Private Messages rjquillin

For anyone interested that missed the Ardente Cabernet
Grande Reserve 2001 on woot for $20, it's up on WTSO for $18, FS on 4.

CT

bsevern


quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:For anyone interested that missed the Ardente Cabernet
Grande Reserve 2001 on woot for $20, it's up on WTSO for $18, FS on 4.



That Ardente Cabernet is sure making the rounds lately, WTSO, WOOT, Winelibrary....like whack-a-mole!

blakewoot


quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
rjquillin wrote:For anyone interested that missed the Ardente Cabernet
Grande Reserve 2001 on woot for $20, it's up on WTSO for $18, FS on 4.



I was tempted by this on woot but finally pulled the trigger today over at WTSO. With free shipping on 4 it's significantly cheaper than the woot deal ($18 vs. $21.66). Everyone seems to like this wine.

trifecta


quality posts: 71 Private Messages trifecta

Invino has the '04 Moon Mountain Syrah up for only $10. I know it has probably made the rounds plenty of times by now, but wondering if this is less than the past.

Anyone had this? '04 was a good year for syrah's in Napa.