bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
CAGrl wrote:So for those of you with BevMo's nearby and was on the newbie RPM tour, I was able to pick up a bottle of the Dry Creek Chenin Blanc for 8.99. I was at the Mountain View BevMo for those of you who are local. Posted on the cyberpub as well.

Awesome, I love this wine and the QPR is off the charts! Will be picking up a few bottles to share with a special friend soon

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Some older, 84~92, Raymond PR CS's up on Invino for $30.
cmaldoon, wha'd you think of the '84?

The 84 and 92 were both good, the 90 (not available) was the best. I'm going to grab a 92 and 87 and if I can another 84

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
cmaldoon wrote:The 84 and 92 were both good, the 90 (not available) was the best. I'm going to grab a 92 and 87 and if I can another 84

I was going to grab an 86 for a future 30th birthday celebration for my wife, but they want $17 for shipping on one bottle and I'm not going to spend another $20 to save $7 on shipping. Bummer.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

noslensj

quality posts: 44 Private Messages noslensj
kittymac wrote:Gard Vintners is closing out the 2009 Altruism Pinot Gris and 2009 Altruism Resling for $60 a case on their website. Shipping maybe pricey but you can also pick it up I their tasting room.

Stopped by the Woodinville tasting room today and picked up a case of the Riesling. BTW - the PG is apparently sold out. I preferred the riesling anyway.

Thanks for the heads up. At $5/bottle this is a ridiculously good deal.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Vitis.com has the 2007 Expression 44 Zena Crown Pinot for $29.99, shipping included on 3. This is the same price it has been on Woot previously.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

jhkey

quality posts: 51 Private Messages jhkey

David Noyes Sonoma Coast Pinot up on WTSO. He works with Peter Wellington and helped make the D'ontspille woot cellars offer.

"I double the doctor's recommendation of a glass and a half of wine a day and even treble it with a friend."
- Thomas Jefferson (CT)

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Cinderella has the 2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Tuscan mags, and at 29.99 is IMHO some of the best QPR ever.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

quality posts: 185 Private Messages rjquillin
tytiger58 wrote:Cinderella has the 2008 Tenuta Monteti Caburnio Tuscan mags, and at 29.99 is IMHO some of the best QPR ever.

But you need six for FS, and the incremental cost is pretty high if you don't want six. I could do with fewer if someone else wants some however.

Sounds like you've tasted, did you post notes?

CT

bsevern

The LB Etereo Barolo (Oriel) 2003 deal sounds great....but I haven't had great luck with Oriel wines.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:But you need six for FS, and the incremental cost is pretty high if you don't want six. I could do with fewer if someone else wants some however.

Tasted a few days ago..layers of dark fruit, earth, leather, and balanced acid/tannin. Every bit as good as the 07 and will get better with age. I'm out already bought 2 cases of 750's. Enjoy!

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:But you need six for FS, and the incremental cost is pretty high if you don't want six. I could do with fewer if someone else wants some however.

We have a FS code. And the 07 was pretty damn amazing. I'm passing because I need to, and I have 8 750s coming, but the wine is well worth the cost.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:We have a FS code. And the 07 was pretty damn amazing. I'm passing because I need to, and I have 8 750s coming, but the wine is well worth the cost.

"We" Humm, PM...

CT

neilfindswine

quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

bsevern wrote:The LB Etereo Barolo (Oriel) 2003 deal sounds great....but I haven't had great luck with Oriel wines.

I had an '00 Etero Barolo from Oriel that was incredible. Not sure about '03.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:We have a FS code. And the 07 was pretty damn amazing. I'm passing because I need to, and I have 8 750s coming, but the wine is well worth the cost.

one more pm

CT

time2testit

quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Are any SoCal Wooters going to PinotDays on Sunday?

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:one more pm

Returned. You should be set.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Out of curiosity I looked at what was up on Lot18 today. Again, I have found that I have a credit. In this case $10. Last week it was $15. I never get any notifications from them telling me that it is in my account. Anyone know what's up? Do you ever get notified?

karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
jmdavidson wrote:Out of curiosity I looked at what was up on Lot18 today. Again, I have found that I have a credit. In this case $10. Last week it was $15. I never get any notifications from them telling me that it is in my account. Anyone know what's up? Do you ever get notified?

I'd say I get notified for about half of them...definitely not all.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27

Sycamore Creek Vineyards (one of my wine club memberships) is having a 'case special', at over 50% off, to move some product. From the winery: 'In an effort to make space for the new vintages being bottled soon, we are providing our customers with a case special on our :
2007 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon $200/case'
(~$18/btl after tax)

Those of you who have been to this winery know they make solid wines at a good QPR. I want half a case, I have a co-worker who is in for 2-3 bottles. Are there any enabler(s) whom want 3-4 bottles, to make it a full case?

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
ajrod27 wrote:Sycamore Creek Vineyards (one of my wine club memberships) is having a 'case special', at over 50% off, to move some product. From the winery: 'In an effort to make space for the new vintages being bottled soon, we are providing our customers with a case special on our :
2007 Estate Cabernet Sauvignon $200/case'
(~$18/btl after tax)

Those of you who have been to this winery know they make solid wines at a good QPR. I want half a case, I have a co-worker who is in for 2-3 bottles. Are there any enabler(s) whom want 3-4 bottles, to make it a full case?

Where are you located AJ? If your in the Bay Area I'm in.

Neal K Bharadwaj

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
nealkb wrote:Where are you located AJ? If your in the Bay Area I'm in.

He is. I am the other who wanted 2-3 bottles. How many did you want? I'm cool with 2 if you want 4. It's good juice at a great price, I just don't have any more space.... The saga continues

nealkb

trifecta wrote:He is. I am the other who wanted 2-3 bottles. How many did you want? I'm cool with 2 if you want 4. It's good juice at a great price, I just don't have any more space.... The saga continues

You can't go wrong with a 07 Cali Cab at that price. I'll take 3. I'm waiting by the phone for wine bank to tell me they have space open. I'm full past full.

Neal K Bharadwaj

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta

Sounds like a buy aj. I will take 3, neal will take 3.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:He is. I am the other who wanted 2-3 bottles. How many did you want? I'm cool with 2 if you want 4. It's good juice at a great price, I just don't have any more space.... The saga continues

Not in NorCal, San Diego here, but is it too late to get in on three?

CT

ajrod27

rjquillin wrote:Not in NorCal, San Diego here, but is it too late to get in on three?

If there is additional interest, I can pick up a second case. I'm not sure if the discount is for full cases or just a case minimum, I'll ask the winery and get back to you.

bsevern

Nice deal on Burgess Cabernet '00 & '01 Library Release (4-Pack) Vintage Selection Napa Free Shipping $99 from WTSO!

nealkb

bsevern wrote:Nice deal on Burgess Cabernet '00 & '01 Library Release (4-Pack) Vintage Selection Napa Free Shipping $99 from WTSO!

I was just going to post this. Mr. Rinaldi might just get this too.
Are you ordering?
edit..
While in the process of checking out, it sold out. =(.
In other news, 2010 Tytanium for 34.99 each, free shipping on three.

Neal K Bharadwaj

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
nealkb wrote:I was just going to post this. Mr. Rinaldi might just get this too.
Are you ordering?
edit..

Anyone had the 2010 Tytanium? The comments on the 2009 on CT aren't doing much for me.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

Tytanium 2010 on WTSO @ $35 FS for 4.
Don't need to spend $140, but if there are any enablers that are interested in a split...

Looks like quite a few wine club members paid $60+

[edit] Oops, only need 3 for FS and $105.

CT

kylemittskus

rjquillin wrote:Tytanium 2010 on WTSO @ $35 FS for 4.
Don't need to spend $140, but if there are any enablers that are interested in a split...

FS on 3 if that helps.

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
rjquillin wrote:Tytanium 2010 on WTSO @ $35 FS for 4.

You beat me to it.

I dont need it either, but next year this wine will jump into the $40 a bottle range on woot, if not more.

the above price is just a guess based on his popularity.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

bkarlan wrote:You beat me to it.

I dont need it either, but next year this wine will jump into the $40 a bottle range on woot, if not more

Want to do a couple, or more, each; since you're coming this way?

CT

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:FS on 3 if that helps.

Missed the fine print, since they are always pushing for 4.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson
nealkb wrote:I was just going to post this. Mr. Rinaldi might just get this too.
Are you ordering?
edit..

Anyone tried this? I suppose it should be cellared, but for how long? 2010 was not a great year was it?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
bkarlan wrote:You beat me to it.

I dont need it either, but next year this wine will jump into the $40 a bottle range on woot, if not more.

the above price is just a guess based on his popularity.

Next year? The 2009 was up on woot (Plus) in September at $50 a bottle. I'm tempted on this at this price, since it is what I would have bought the 2010 for on woot. I'm on an SIWBM so good thing the FS is on 3, not 2.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 33 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:Next year? The 2009 was up on woot (Plus) in September at $50 a bottle. I'm tempted on this at this price, since it is what I would have bought the 2010 for on woot. I'm on an SIWBM so good thing the FS is on 3, not 2.

Missed it by a few minutes. Spared me the temptation. Missed the Burgess '00, '01 library release earlier, too. That would have been an autobuy at that price. I've got to stop letting work get in the way of keeping up on wine offers I don't need, but can't resist.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

ajrod27

rjquillin wrote:Not in NorCal, San Diego here, but is it too late to get in on three?

Another wooter PM'd me who is in for up to 4 bottles. That leaves 5 bottles remaining looking for homes.

rjquillin

ajrod27 wrote:Another wooter PM'd me who is in for up to 4 bottles. That leaves 5 bottles remaining looking for homes.

Do they do split cases, after you already have one full one, or only mod(12) lots?

CT

ajrod27

rjquillin wrote:Do they do split cases, after you already have one full one, or only mod(12) lots?

Last night, I e-mailed the tasting room about split cases, but they are closed today. I should receive an answer tomorrow but I'm thinking it's mod(12) lots only.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Wine.com is offering FREE SHIPPING for 30 days with Steward-Ship Free Trial.