karenhynes

quality posts: 11 Private Messages karenhynes
jawlz wrote:Just got one as well, though I don't see anything on there at the moment that interests me all that much.

I got one, too. In general, Lot18's prices don't impress me that much...maybe I'll poke around and see if anything looks interesting.

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

I wish it were Lastbottle credit instead, but I am not complaining. Credit is credit

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
bkarlan wrote:I wish it were Lastbottle credit instead, but I am not complaining. Credit is credit

Got mine at 09:40 PDT. Agree, what, if anything, to use it on..

CT

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

I was thinking about the Volta... but as usual am on the fence.

karenhynes

bkarlan wrote:I wish it were Lastbottle credit instead, but I am not complaining. Credit is credit

We need Woot credits!!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
rjquillin wrote:Got mine at 09:40 PDT. Agree, what, if anything, to use it on..

After reading this post, I thought I'd check my Lot 18 account and voila, $15 in credit. No email notification...nada. That credit will barely cover shipping.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:After reading this post, I thought I'd check my Lot 18 account and voila, $15 in credit. No email notification...nada. That credit will barely cover shipping.

Me too. Haven't been on the site in a long while. Good God, it's horrible now.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Yeah, but it would take a goodly amount of credit to get me to go for the '03 Dom currently showing at $125. Good price for a good vintage, but still a bit rich for my blood.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
karenhynes wrote:We need Woot credits!!

Nope, because WD and Neil usually find and give us the best deal possible already, we don need no stinkin' credits!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Got the $15 credit too, thinking about 2008 Talty Dwight Family Dry Creek Zinfandel Duo for $36.00. The credit covers tax and shipping. Now would I be getting is if they offering free shipping and no credit?

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
karenhynes wrote:We need Woot credits!!

how dangerous that would be!!!

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan
ddeuddeg wrote:Yeah, but it would take a goodly amount of credit to get me to go for the '03 Dom currently showing at $125. Good price for a good vintage, but still a bit rich for my blood.

I was hoping for the same. Could have brought it with me to a friends house. oh well

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb

Scott Harvey is having a sale with special discount for those who buy a case... 15% off and 40$ combined. offGiants Sweep

Anyone interested in splitting a case?

Neal K Bharadwaj

cmaldoon

nealkb wrote:Scott Harvey is having a sale with special discount for those who buy a case... 15% off and 40$ combined. offGiants Sweep

Anyone interested in splitting a case?

If anyone is looking at getting a case, especially for pickup, I'll take up to 6 bottles of 2008 mt selection Syrah

My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman

Yeah, if somebody wants to split a case I could be persuaded for a few bottles that way. Send me PM/email.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

nealkb

quality posts: 13 Private Messages nealkb
klezman wrote:Yeah, if somebody wants to split a case I could be persuaded for a few bottles that way. Send me PM/email.

@cmaldoon and klezman. I'm calling in tomorrow to put in an order. I'm going to have it for pick up. Ill pm you my email and number klezman.

Neal K Bharadwaj

jmdavidson

jmdavidson wrote:After reading this post, I thought I'd check my Lot 18 account and voila, $15 in credit. No email notification...nada. That credit will barely cover shipping.

Noticed the credit is still there. Anyone know how long these are good for?

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:Noticed the credit is still there. Anyone know how long these are good for?

My $15 credit awarded on 10/29 expires tonight at 11:59 Eastern time.

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:My $15 credit awarded on 10/29 expires tonight at 11:59 Eastern time.

How do you kknow this (expiration date)?

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:How do you kknow this (expiration date)?

MAGIC!!

If you click on the available credits on the upper right of their page, it will open your entire credit history (list of all credits, when they were awarded, expired, if you used them)....

I also got an e-mail about mine, that quoted the actual 11:59 Eastern time of expiration.

jmdavidson

karenhynes wrote:MAGIC!!

If you click on the available credits on the upper right of their page, it will open your entire credit history (list of all credits, when they were awarded, expired, if you used them)....

I also got an e-mail about mine, that quoted the actual 11:59 Eastern time of expiration.

I knew where to find my credits and the history. I wondered how you knew about the expiration.

InFrom

quality posts: 32 Private Messages InFrom

From an email from Invino. Still trying to figure out how it relates to wine...

Special Gifts for invino Members

Dear Member,

Zacks Investment Research has just released a Special Report that names 7 stocks to buy right now. And I am inviting you to see it free. Today only.

These tickers are predicted to jump in price over the next 1 to 3 months, including:

Medical device manufacturer rides positive earnings surprises. Recently, there has been a flurry of good news including the signing of a new agreement, the extension of an old one, and the winning of a surgical products award.
Nutrition company pumps up their earnings and net sales far beyond our consensus estimates. This makes them a Strong Buy.
Specialty retailer has arrows pointing upward -- sales, gross margin, and earnings. Their November report could trigger a price surge.
And more.

jmdavidson

InFrom wrote:From an email from Invino. Still trying to figure out how it relates to wine...

It doesn't. I got the same one. I also tried to unsubscribe and it wouldn't allow it. Invino pulls this c--p. Lot 18 has hundreds of wines up on their website (which I might add, many are sold out). I think the wine selling business needs to revert back to the way it was. Simple is better.

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:It doesn't. I got the same one. I also tried to unsubscribe and it wouldn't allow it. Invino pulls this c--p. Lot 18 has hundreds of wines up on their website (which I might add, many are sold out). I think the wine selling business needs to revert back to the way it was. Simple is better.

I sent them a rather scathing email telling them that such emails are unacceptable and to never dare to send such things to me again.

My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:I sent them a rather scathing email telling them that such emails are unacceptable and to never dare to send such things to me again.

Mine was quite succinct. Methinks we're not the only two responding.

CT

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
jmdavidson wrote:It doesn't. I got the same one. I also tried to unsubscribe and it wouldn't allow it. Invino pulls this c--p. Lot 18 has hundreds of wines up on their website (which I might add, many are sold out). I think the wine selling business needs to revert back to the way it was. Simple is better.

I was confused by this also. You gotta wonder if business is hurting if they are resorting to doing this.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

I've been doing fairly well on my buying sabbatical, but this offer looks really amazing for an aged temp/cab blend from WTSO:

Balbas Gran Reserva
Ribera del Duero 2001
96 Points W&S!
Free Shipping on 3 or more
***71% OFF!***

$25/bottle. I wouldn't mind two, anyone in the south bay want one, and I'll order three???

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
bsevern wrote:I've been doing fairly well on my buying sabbatical, but this offer looks really amazing for an aged temp/cab blend from WTSO:

Balbas Gran Reserva
Ribera del Duero 2001
96 Points W&S!
Free Shipping on 3 or more
***71% OFF!***

$25/bottle. I wouldn't mind two, anyone in the south bay want one, and I'll order three???

I've been doing well on my sabbatical also, and that one had me tempted as well. When I thought about ti some more and went back to WTSO, they had moved on.

ddeuddeg

noslensj wrote:I've been doing well on my sabbatical also, and that one had me tempted as well. When I thought about ti some more and went back to WTSO, they had moved on.

Interesting, the idea of a sabbatical. Apparently WTSO has placed me on one. I haven't been getting their emails since 10/116, when they sent me an order update on some unoaked Chard I'd ordered from them. I'd probably have been interested in this one, too.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj
ddeuddeg wrote:Interesting, the idea of a sabbatical. Apparently WTSO has placed me on one. I haven't been getting their emails since 10/116, when they sent me an order update on some unoaked Chard I'd ordered from them. I'd probably have been interested in this one, too.

Per the note on their website, they switched to a new mail server recently. It's likely that their e-mails to you are no longer getting past spam filters.

jmdavidson

Just posted on WTSO: Quixote Panza 4 Pack (2 each)
Petite Syrah 2001 & 2003
Stags' Leap Ranch
Napa Valley for $99.99. Anyone with an opinion on this? Petite Sirah, any thoughts from you on this?

EDIT: took a chance. 9 and 11 year old PS for $25 a bottle. Decent and very good CT reviews. Seemed like a good risk.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:Just posted on WTSO: Quixote Panza 4 Pack (2 each)
Petite Syrah 2001 & 2003
Stags' Leap Ranch
Napa Valley for $99.99. Anyone with an opinion on this? Petite Sirah, any thoughts from you on this?

Good comparative CT value, FS on a single. Screw top, interesting. Yeah, wanna hear other comments.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Good comparative CT value, FS on a single. Screw top, interesting. Yeah, wanna hear other comments.

I can say their 07 is very enjoyable and likely worth $25/btl. I haven't had any if their wines from this early, though. If I were buying wine right now....

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
kylemittskus wrote:I can say their 07 is very enjoyable and likely worth $25/btl. I haven't had any if their wines from this early, though. If I were buying wine right now....

This deal is still going as of Saturday morning. In for 1.

rjquillin

blakewoot wrote:This deal is still going as of Saturday morning. In for 1.

But if you look at the tasting notes for the 2003 PS, you'll find
Tasting Notes: The 2003 Panza Cabernet is medium-bodied with aromas of black currant and mixed dark fruit. It hits the palate with a rush of dried herbs and soft elegant tannins. This is a wine expressing every corner of our vineyard; a blend of 76 percent Cabernet Sauvignon, 14 percent Merlot, 7 percent Petite Verdot and 3 percent Syrah.
Where's the PS? Perhaps for 73% '03 CS I shouldn't look beyond the closure.

CT

ddeuddeg

Super Sonoman '06 Cab at WineSpies today, 40% off retail price (according to WineSpies, I'm not getting dragged into a price comparison flamewar). Many of us met the SS winemaker during the tours this past summer.

bahwm

quality posts: 30 Private Messages bahwm
ddeuddeg wrote:Super Sonoman '06 Cab at WineSpies today, 40% off retail price (according to WineSpies, I'm not getting dragged into a price comparison flamewar). Many of us met the SS winemaker during the tours this past summer.

Certainly sounds like a lovely opportunity, but we (ddeuddeg & I ) don't need 6 bottles, plus they don't ship to NY! They are $45 per bottle. We could probably go for 2. Anybody who can WineSpies delivered interested?

May our love be like good wine, grow stronger as it grows older. ~ Old English Toast

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:But if you look at the tasting notes for the 2003 PS, you'll find
Tasting Notes: The 2003 Panza Cabernet is medium-bodied with aromas of black currant and mixed dark fruit. It hits the palate with a rush of dried herbs and soft elegant tannins. This is a wine expressing every corner of our vineyard; a blend of 76 percent Cabernet Sauvignon, 14 percent Merlot, 7 percent Petite Verdot and 3 percent Syrah.
Where's the PS? Perhaps for 73% '03 CS I shouldn't look beyond the closure.

For some reason they included tasting notes for the 03 CS. Only the 01 and 03 PS were offered.

rjquillin

Some older, 84~92, Raymond PR CS's up on Invino for $30.
cmaldoon, wha'd you think of the '84?

CT

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl

So for those of you with BevMo's nearby and was on the newbie RPM tour, I was able to pick up a bottle of the Dry Creek Chenin Blanc for 8.99. I was at the Mountain View BevMo for those of you who are local. Posted on the cyberpub as well.