tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:pm for ya

Returned

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Oriel Jasper Sonoma Coast Pinot 2006 for $15 on LastBottle. Has anyone tried this? I noticed it was in a Woot+ offer a while back.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

karenhynes

quality posts: 10 Private Messages karenhynes
redwinefan wrote:Oriel Jasper Sonoma Coast Pinot 2006 for $15 on LastBottle. Has anyone tried this? I noticed it was in a Woot+ offer a while back.

I was wondering about this one, too. It sounds pretty nice...

Wine is bottled poetry - Robert Louis Stevenson

karenhynes

Apparently, I have $25 in credits at Lot18 that expire at midnight tonight. Has anyone ordered anything from them latley that they would recommend?

tourette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages tourette
karenhynes wrote:Apparently, I have $25 in credits at Lot18 that expire at midnight tonight. Has anyone ordered anything from them latley that they would recommend?

I just got a similar email, only $15 for me though. After looking through their selection, I'm still going to pass. Lots of plonk, poor prices, no real deals even with $15 off. Plus half the wine can't be shipped to Washington. If I had $25 instead of $15, I would consider the Ispiri cab. Not a screaming deal, but not bad either.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 55 Private Messages jmdavidson
karenhynes wrote:Apparently, I have $25 in credits at Lot18 that expire at midnight tonight. Has anyone ordered anything from them latley that they would recommend?

A couple of suggestions:
1. 2008 Leone d'oro Montepulciano, @$22.99/bottle
2. 2004 McClean Private Reserve Syrah, @$29.99/bottle,
3. 2007 Guido Woodenhead Venturi Zyn, @$24.99/bottle.
Sorry this is so late.

tytiger58

WL Halloween sale

IMHO 2004 Ondarre Mayor Reserva Rioja is a steal at 19.99, really love that wine.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
tytiger58 wrote:WL Halloween sale

IMHO 2004 Ondarre Mayor Reserva Rioja is a steal at 19.99, really love that wine.

Same here. Also, the Finca Sandoval 2007 is a beauty at $16.49.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

tytiger58

ddeuddeg wrote:Same here. Also, the Finca Sandoval 2007 is a beauty at $16.49.

Thanks! I will give that one try...been loving Spanish wines lately.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Was pondering getting a bottle each of:

2005 Vina Hermina Rijoa Reserva (17.77)
2004 Vina Olabarri Gran Reserva Rioja (19.99)
2004 Ondarre Mayor Reserva Rioja (19.99)

I'm am full on wine and need to reign in spending but I also LOVE Tempranillo and am horribly low on it.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Nice 2007 Napa Bordeaux blend on WTSO, Verismo Napa Red Wine
'Stretto' for $15.99!

I'd be all over it, but I'm swimming in wine right now

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus

60 bottle wine rack for $25 shipped. Normally $70 each. Only 3 left! I just grabbed 3. Buy quickly!

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

karenhynes

kylemittskus wrote: 60 bottle wine rack for $25 shipped. Normally $70 each. Only 3 left! I just grabbed 3. Buy quickly!

Only 2 left!!

Thanks, Kyle. Wish I had room for more than one!

kylemittskus

karenhynes wrote:Only 2 left!!

Thanks, Kyle. Wish I had room for more than one!

Three left. I changed my order to 2.

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:Was pondering getting a bottle each of:

2005 Vina Hermina Rijoa Reserva (17.77)
2004 Vina Olabarri Gran Reserva Rioja (19.99)
2004 Ondarre Mayor Reserva Rioja (19.99)

I'm am full on wine and need to reign in spending but I also LOVE Tempranillo and am horribly low on it.

Already bought the Olabarri have not tried it yet. Reloaded on the Mayor and bought a few of the Finca Sandoval that ddeuddeg rec'd

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

anyone seen a free shipping code from WL recently?

bhodilee

quality posts: 32 Private Messages bhodilee
kylemittskus wrote: 60 bottle wine rack for $25 shipped. Normally $70 each. Only 3 left! I just grabbed 3. Buy quickly!

I have that exact rack. quite well built.

"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it."

– George Bernard Shaw, author (1856-1950)

kylemittskus

bhodilee wrote:I have that exact rack. quite well built.

Good to know.

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD

bought the last one
ok maybe not

kylemittskus

ERMD wrote:bought the last one

Glad fellow wooters were able to cash in.

Back to $70. Hopefully our orders are filled. I'm guessing it was a price mistake.

amaizing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaizing

Went in on the Konzelmann Ice Wine Vidal 2008 at Cindy Wine $23.33 per bottle. FS on 3.

amaizing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amaizing

Went in on the Konzelmann Ice Wine Vidal 2008 at Cindy Wine $23.33 per bottle. FS on 3.

jmdavidson

joelsisk wrote:anyone seen a free shipping code from WL recently?

"spooky" until noon tomorrow on cases only.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
jmdavidson wrote:"spooky" until noon tomorrow on cases only.

Free ground shipping on select products with purchase of 12. This coupon requires you to have a total of 12 qualifying products on your order. You can go https://winelibrary.com/specials/17661-2012halloweensale to see qualifying products.

kylemittskus

bud8jr wrote:Free ground shipping on select products with purchase of 12. This coupon requires you to have a total of 12 qualifying products on your order. You can go https://winelibrary.com/specials/17661-2012halloweensale to see qualifying products.

I suggest the Tenuta Caburnio and Unique SB.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk
bud8jr wrote:Free ground shipping on select products with purchase of 12. This coupon requires you to have a total of 12 qualifying products on your order. You can go https://winelibrary.com/specials/17661-2012halloweensale to see qualifying products.

Yes, this.

In a strange turn of events, I apparently had a free shipping code in an old shopping cart. For an unknown reason, it allowed free shipping on an order, and once I placed it, when checking to see if it would still work, got the error that the code expired 1/21/12. Regardless, my order had 0 shipping, so I'm happy. WL is my goto for kosher wines when they offer free shipping, and with 400 or so bottles but only 5 kosher, was time to get another case or so.

tytiger58

kylemittskus wrote:I suggest the Tenuta Caburnio and Unique SB.

For someone on a BIWBM you sure buy a lot of wine

Nice haul today!

bsevern

2006 Phoenix Ranch Napa Valley Syrah

What makes this wine special? It was made by 2011 Winemaker of the Year, Cathy Corison!

Invino is the place, $16.99 is the price, if you need an Invino referral, I'm your man, just PM me by clicking the little envelope by my username to the left

jmdavidson

bsevern wrote:2006 Phoenix Ranch Napa Valley Syrah

What makes this wine special? It was made by 2011 Winemaker of the Year, Cathy Corison!

Invino is the place, $16.99 is the price, if you need an Invino referral, I'm your man, just PM me by clicking the little envelope by my username to the left

No CT for this wine. Would consider buying if we only had a way to find out more about it!

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

If you go in, I would take a couple bottles

karenhynes

jmdavidson wrote:No CT for this wine. Would consider buying if we only had a way to find out more about it!

I'm not sure what just happend, but I might have gotten excited and ordered 6 bottles.

I could certainly spare a few if you want some.

kylemittskus

tytiger58 wrote:For someone on a BIWBM you sure buy a lot of wine

Nice haul today!

Yeah. I suck at this.

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom

I have been reading and re-reading the ad copy on Invino. I'm all the way through the purchase process, except for the final button. What's making me hesitate is that while they say Cathy made the Phoenix's first Syrah vintage, it's not clear that this 2006 was the first. It seems a bit slippery, the way it's written. They never come out and actually say that she's the winemaker on this one. Or am I reading too much into this text?

But by 2003 we realized the potential of our vineyard site — and the desire to make our own wine overpowered our sense of reason!

We enlisted the help of a good friend and outstanding winemaker, Cathy Corison, to make our first Phoenix Ranch Syrah. The wines were crafted to pay homage to the old world Syrahs produced in the northern Rhone of France, displaying an elegance and connection to the soil. The minerality is balanced by the full bodied fruit that the California sun and fog provides.

Is Invino generally trustworthy in their descriptions? It's been a while since I've bought from them.

Edit: Given the quote in bsevern's post, where they come out and say Cathy made it, I probably have been overthinking this. I have a $20 credit burning a hole in my pocket, what the heck.

Edit #2: well, I just re-reread bsevern's post, and realized that those are his words, and not a quote from Invino. Guess I read too fast.

NedDawg

quality posts: 34 Private Messages NedDawg
InFrom wrote:Is Invino generally trustworthy in their descriptions? It's been a while since I've bought from them.

A while back, I bought what they described as a highly rated 2009 zinfandel, but what they sent me was the 2010, about which I knew nothing. When I contacted them, they said they inserted a card in the box stating that they received only the 2010 from the winery, and that it could be returned for a refund; I didn't see such a card. I returned the shipment (at their cost) out of principle, and they issued the refund promptly.

karenhynes

InFrom wrote:Is Invino generally trustworthy in their descriptions? It's been a while since I've bought from them.

Edit: Given the quote in bsevern's post, where they come out and say Cathy made it, I probably have been overthinking this. I have a $20 credit burning a hole in my pocket, what the heck.

You bring up an interesting point and now have me very curious. They refer to it has having 2011 "Winemaker of the Year Pedigree", which does not necessarily indicate she made this particular vintage. If not, it is fairly slippery marketing. I do see evidence online that she made the first (2003) Syrah, and the 2005 (http://thewinespies.com/directory/wine/400).

I've not stumbled across much info on the 2006 yet, though....still digging.

redwinefan

karenhynes wrote:You bring up an interesting point and now have me very curious. They refer to it has having 2011 "Winemaker of the Year Pedigree", which does not necessarily indicate she made this particular vintage. If not, it is fairly slippery marketing. I do see evidence online that she made the first (2003) Syrah, and the 2005 (http://thewinespies.com/directory/wine/400).

I've not stumbled across much info on the 2006 yet, though....still digging.

Someone should just write Invino and ask them. They are usually quick to respond.

redwinefan

It looks like other Syrahs made from this vineyard's grapes faired very well that year. Here's an example:

http://buyingguide.winemag.com/catalog/failla-2006-phoenix-ranch-syrah-napa-valley

karenhynes

redwinefan wrote:Someone should just write Invino and ask them. They are usually quick to respond.

I may just call Phoenix Ranch if I get a chance this afternoon. They should certainly know who the winemaker was.

redwinefan

I went ahead and got a bottle after realizing I already have a bottle of the 2004 in my cellar. Should make an interesting comparison especially if Cathy was the winemaker for both vintages.

bsevern

trifecta wrote:If you go in, I would take a couple bottles

I can't buy anything right now, my wine budget for October is shot....November is a different story, but this is October