cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Likewise...
Escaped unscathed.

I'm out less than $100... So not bad at all.

I'm sure there will be some incredibly tempting things here soon. Also the tasting at WCC soon will help sell me on some upcoming things too I bet.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
cmaldoon wrote:Damn... You got my Tempranillo

Where do you live, cmaldoon? I'm in NY and could maybe part with a bottle of the Tempranillo for a fellow traveler.

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Here is the final set of wines starting from where my last list ended. Some of their wines ended up repeating during the sale, in which case, I didn't show them twice in my list. The new time field is listed in Central Time:

$39.99 : 22:59:22 : Pommard Grand Epenots 1er Cru Clos de Citeaux Jean Monnier & Fils 2010 Free Shipping on 3 or more
$18.99 : 22:44:31 : Roessler Cellars La Brisa Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir 2009 Free Shipping on 4 or more
$25.99 : 22:36:13 : Ribera Del Duero Crianza 2006 Resalte de Penafiel Free Shipping on 4 or more
$36.99 : 22:29:20 : Le Gode Brunello di Montalcino 2006 95 JS! Free Shipping on 2 or more
$24.99 : 22:19:27 : Nord Estate Cabernet Jonquil Vineyards 2008 Pope Valley, Napa Free Shipping on 4 or more
$21.99 : 21:54:58 : Shadowood Cabernet 2009 Reserve Howell Mountain, Napa Free Shipping on 4 or more
$15.99 : 21:46:54 : Laird Family Chardonnay 'Red Hen Ranch' 2008 Oak Knoll, Napa Valley Free Shipping on 4 or more
$18.99 : 21:40:10 : Solovino (Rios Wine Company) Rutherford, Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon 2007 Free Shipping on 4 or more
$19.99 : 21:34:21 : Finca Monteviejo Crianza 'Valserrano' 2005 Bodegas de La Marquesa Free Shipping on 2 or more
$84.99 : 21:19:16 : Groth Vineyards & Winery Oakville, Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon Reserve 2008 Free Shipping

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

cmaldoon

blakewoot wrote:Where do you live, cmaldoon? I'm in NY and could maybe part with a bottle of the Tempranillo for a fellow traveler.

Laughs. I'm all the way in SF. It's ok. There is plenty of wine to be consumed in my cellar. I just took too long researching before deciding. I love a good Tempranillo and they seem to disappear from my cellar faster than anything else

My Cellar

blakewoot

cmaldoon wrote:Laughs. I'm all the way in SF. It's ok. There is plenty of wine to be consumed in my cellar. I just took too long researching before deciding. I love a good Tempranillo and they seem to disappear from my cellar faster than anything else

Ok then! I think it's better to miss a deal because of being slow with research (happened to me today) than to click on a whim and end up with some underwhelming wine that you can't remember why you bought it. That's also happened to me.

Anyway, enjoy the Tempranillo you didn't miss!

angryprez

quality posts: 0 Private Messages angryprez

I was severely hamstrung during the WTSO sale by being at a business meeting - one can only hope that everyone was impressed by how many urgent emails I was getting on my iPhone throughout the course of the day -- missed out on a few because I could not do the research fast enough.

Most of the wines were repeats, usually with slightly better or the same pricing.

Not too much damage for me --

2 x 750ml @ $67.95 2008 Altamura Cabernet Sauvignon
3 x 750ml @ $22.99 2008 Achával-Ferrer Quimera
2 x 750ml @ $59.99 2005 Conterno Fantino Barolo Mosconi
4 x 750ml @ $36.99 2006 Le Gode Brunello di Montalcino

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
redwinefan wrote:Tempted by the Roessler La Brisa, but I don't need 4 bottles of Pinot at the moment.

That's probably the only thing I'd have bought. Roessler is great, and Sonoma Coast PN is also my thing.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Anybody interested in the albarino on last bottle? $7, FS on 8. I would definitely take 3 bottles. I like to use albarino for cooking fish

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan
trifecta wrote:Anybody interested in the albarino on last bottle? $7, FS on 8. I would definitely take 3 bottles. I like to use albarino for cooking fish

Sort of tempted since I generally love Albarino, but I decided to pass on this due to wine overload.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 174 Private Messages rjquillin
cmaldoon wrote:I have never returned but I have contacted them about bad bottles and they quickly refunded without hassle.

Same here, twice now...

WTSO $83
BV Georges de Latour - 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon - Private Reserve - Ships October 29

CT

cmaldoon

Spectrum wine auctions in Irvine has 12 cases corison up on auction. 3 cases each of 02, 03, 04, and 06 in single case lots with OWC. At current prices they would be $42/ bottle for 02 and 03, $54 for 04 and $48 for 06.

This would be a pretty good deal for anyone who can pick up from them.

Auction ends tomorrow night

My Cellar

sdwindansea

quality posts: 4 Private Messages sdwindansea
trifecta wrote:Anybody interested in the albarino on last bottle? $7, FS on 8. I would definitely take 3 bottles. I like to use albarino for cooking fish

Where are you located? I'm in San Diego and I'm thinking about it...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
sdwindansea wrote:Where are you located? I'm in San Diego and I'm thinking about it...

It's already sold out.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

sdwindansea

North316 wrote:It's already sold out.

Yea, that one went really fast. I have a feeling it didn't have much shelf life left since it was a 2008. My wallet is happy although I'm about to cave on the Woot Cellar offering today.

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
sdwindansea wrote:Yea, that one went really fast. I have a feeling it didn't have much shelf life left since it was a 2008. My wallet is happy although I'm about to cave on the Woot Cellar offering today.

Be sure to check out the extra bottle pics in the thread. Pretty swanky looking.

I'm just hanging out, really.

sdwindansea

inkycatz wrote:Be sure to check out the extra bottle pics in the thread. Pretty swanky looking.

Yea, I placed my order and the bottle/label is very impressive. I rarely pass up the Woot Cellar offerings and my wife loves SB, so this was an easy one for me. Especially since the QPR should be really good...although who cares. As I've always been told, it's not what's on the inside that counts but how the exterior looks ;).

rjquillin

Any thoughts on the WTSO 2005 Burgess Cab at $22?

Burgess Estate Vineyards, Western & Eastern slopes of Howell Mountain
Grape Variety: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot, 3% Malbec

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Any thoughts on the WTSO 2005 Burgess Cab at $22?

Grape Variety: 80% Cabernet Sauvignon, 8% Merlot, 6% Cabernet Franc, 3% Petit Verdot, 3% Malbec

BUY.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Any thoughts on the WTSO 2005 Burgess Cab at $22?

Yeah...maybe add in a couple for me too

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

[deleted]

CT

kittymac

quality posts: 6 Private Messages kittymac

Any thoughts about the Nickel & Nickel Cabernet Sauvignon Branding Iron 2008 on last bottle?

papamochi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages papamochi
kittymac wrote:Any thoughts about the Nickel & Nickel Cabernet Sauvignon Branding Iron 2008 on last bottle?

Haven't had that year and vineyard but Nickel and Nickel is one of my favorite wineries when I have extra cash to spend...gonna try to talk my wife into letting me grab a couple.

FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIEND DRINK WHITE ZINFANDEL!

blakewoot

Anybody got a referral for Wine Legend? I might try a few bottles of the super-cheap Wolftrap, a South African red I've heard good things about. CT value around $11, one-day sale today for $7.

cmaldoon

There are several bottles of both 1995 and 1999 Tom Eddy cab on wine bid for $30 and $25 respectively. I picked up 4 of each in the auction that just closed. The few of his wines that I have tried have been EXCELLENT.

My Cellar

cmaldoon

Also...on WTSO:

Arger-Martucci Cabernet
Atlas Peak, Napa 2005

Sounds good on the CT reviews. Likely not an overripe fruit bomb from the description

My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:There are several bottles of both 1995 and 1999 Tom Eddy cab on wine bid for $30 and $25 respectively. I picked up 4 of each in the auction that just closed. The few of his wines that I have tried have been EXCELLENT.

Your welcome...I saw your bids so I laid off

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rlmanzo

quality posts: 23 Private Messages rlmanzo
cmaldoon wrote:Also...on WTSO:

Arger-Martucci Cabernet
Atlas Peak, Napa 2005

Sounds good on the CT reviews. Likely not an overripe fruit bomb from the description

Anyone had this? Looks pretty good and I am debating between this and the Ardente.

Can anyone comment?

Is it broke or just fractured?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

Just posted to Invino, the sale of ridiculously old and expensive wines (Romanee Conti, La Tache, etc.). Based on the looks of some of the labels, not sure how they can guarantee the provenance.

cmaldoon

rlmanzo wrote:Anyone had this? Looks pretty good and I am debating between this and the Ardente.

Can anyone comment?

Too late for it. Also too late for my pocket book, my tally for the last couple days is now:

4x Tom eddy 1995 ($37 each after auction fees)
4x Tom eddy 1999 ($31 each after auction fees)
4x that 2005 cab from WTSO for $20 each

6x Ardente $125 total

On a plus side... I went from having less than 10 bottles over 10 years old to having more than 20...

My Cellar

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

How about that 1972 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Grand Cru Monopole on Invino eh?

Anyone else want to get one and we'll split shipping?

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:How about that 1972 Domaine de la Romanée-Conti Grand Cru Monopole on Invino eh?

Anyone else want to get one and we'll split shipping?

Wouldn't you think that the $9000 would include shipping?

cmaldoon

jmdavidson wrote:Wouldn't you think that the $9000 would include shipping?

Armored car, professional sommelier, free trip to the chateau in France, complimentary rooms at said chateau..... Yeah. 9000 better go a LONG way

My Cellar

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20

for anyone who cares. There is a bottle of 07' Corison Kronos left at the Total wine and more in brea for $69.99. Kyle and I already got ours.

CT

klezman

cortot20 wrote:for anyone who cares. There is a bottle of 07' Corison Kronos left at the Total wine and more in brea for $69.99. Kyle and I already got ours.

Wish you'd have just picked it up for me Brea is too far away, but I've got a couiple bottles of '05 regular Napa Cab of hers waiting for me at the Redondo Beach store.

cortot20

quality posts: 141 Private Messages cortot20
klezman wrote:Wish you'd have just picked it up for me Brea is too far away, but I've got a couiple bottles of '05 regular Napa Cab of hers waiting for me at the Redondo Beach store.

Sorry bud. We thought we had cleaned them out but last night I noticed they put it back on the website as a single bottle.

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
cortot20 wrote:Sorry bud. We thought we had cleaned them out but last night I noticed they put it back on the website as a single bottle.

I need to not buy it. I need to not buy it. But 2 is so much better than 1!

I'm probably going to buy it. I suck at this.

Yeah, I bought it.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

klezman

cortot20 wrote:Sorry bud. We thought we had cleaned them out but last night I noticed they put it back on the website as a single bottle.

Yup, no worries. If a well-priced Kronos should appear in the future, I'm down for one or more. Also if you want more 2005 regular Corison Cab for $60, you can order from Total Wine in Redondo Beach and I can pick them up when I get mine. Probably next Tuesday.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

Caskers has absinthe up today. Never saw that offered on line before. Don't know how good a deal it is, though, since I've never actually bought any. I know there are a few enthusiasts here, so I thought I'd mention it.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:Caskers has absinthe up today. Never saw that offered on line before. Don't know how good a deal it is, though, since I've never actually bought any. I know there are a few enthusiasts here, so I thought I'd mention it.

Hoping zTimBz chimes in on this..

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
rjquillin wrote:Hoping zTimBz chimes in on this..

My buddy runs an absinthe site, so I've tried a fair amount of it.

What kind is up at Caskers (I don't have an account there)?