mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
rjquillin wrote:This was a commissioned blend specifically for WTSO, so, somewhat different than his usual blends.

I have it being held til November... We shall see how it is....I should have know if it wasn't on woot .....

jrb11

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jrb11
mommadeb1 wrote:I have it being held til November... We shall see how it is....I should have know if it wasn't on woot .....

If you remember when it arrives, it would be great to hear what you think about this blend compared to the normal SH stuff

CT

goinyard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goinyard
jrb11 wrote:If you remember when it arrives, it would be great to hear what you think about this blend compared to the normal SH stuff

I bought this as well. Didn't spend any time researching it but have really enjoyed everything I've had from Scott, so hope this isn't disappointing.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman

chipgreen brought it on the Tour, but I didn't manage to get any, being distracted by dinner and winemakers and interesting wines and my new fiancée. Maybe he (or other tourists) has notes?

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 187 Private Messages chipgreen
klezman wrote:chipgreen brought it on the Tour, but I didn't manage to get any, being distracted by dinner and winemakers and interesting wines and my new fiancée. Maybe he (or other tourists) has notes?

I only had about half a glass but enjoyed it and thought it was on par with his Mountain Zins. Cesare tried it and was less impressed, I think. After that, SWMBO walked around pouring it for people so maybe there are some other notes/thoughts out there....

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:I only had about half a glass but enjoyed it and thought it was on par with his Mountain Zins. Cesare tried it and was less impressed, I think. After that, SWMBO walked around pouring it for people so maybe there are some other notes/thoughts out there....

Maybe I will open a bottle tonight to go with my grilled pork tenderloin...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Killer deal on 2010 Sichel Sauternes (500mL) at lastbottlewines.com

PM me if you need a referral

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
bsevern wrote:Killer deal on 2010 Sichel Sauternes (500mL) at lastbottlewines.com

PM me if you need a referral

What do you base your "killer deal" on? I do not have any sauternes, so this deal is at least tweaking my curiosity. CT scores for a number of vintages are from 85 - 88, so not particularly robust. Thanks for sharing.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Friend of wooters Larry Schaffer's Tercero Wines 2013 Mourvedre Rose, Happy Canyon, Santa Ynez Valley 4 pack on RueLaLa for $60 (plus tax if applicable and $10 shipping).

The fruit for this comes from the Vogelzang Vineyard in the Happy Canyon AVA in the extreme eastern part of the Santa Ynez Valley. The grapes were brought in and then foot stomped and let sit on the skins for about an hour. They were then dumped into the press and let sit for another hour before starting the pressing process. The juice was then transferred to a stainless steel tank for fermentation. Upon completion, the wine was transferred to older French oak barrels for its 5 month aging process.

They also have some Jelly Jar Barbera and Zins, Longboard late harvest Semillon, and Giornata Vermentino. Sale is up for 3-4 days. PM if you need an invite.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

Muscardini 2011 Sangiovese $27.99 on wine heist.
Link

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 17 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

2007 Knot Wines Sinnet Rose sparkler is back up on LB. $18 with FS/4.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg

On Invino, for $19.99 (regular retail $28): 2012 Iron Horse Unoaked Chardonnay
Russian River Valley *the 'Golden Vintage'
New Release | Member Exclusive Value

In the unlikely event that someone needs a referral, drop me a PM.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
pseudogourmet98 wrote:2007 Knot Wines Sinnet Rose sparkler is back up on LB. $18 with FS/4.

Mmmmm. Down to my last bottle (or I can drink lost's 2 bottles).

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Looks like WTSO.com is taking the lastbottle.com route with their new marthon – free shipping on all orders
WTSO.com 'Anything Goes Wine Marathon' Details
We love our Members and wanted to show you our appreciation through a Marathon that benefits the requests we get most frequently: no minimum bottle quantity and the ability to combine orders.
We hope you enjoy this added service on September 8th!
**Please note: All orders will be held in our warehouse until September 22nd. This will give us time to combine orders into the fewest number of boxes.

SHORT VERSION:
• Where: www.WTSO.com
• When: Monday, September 8, 2014; beginning at 10AM ET
• IMPORTANT:
- Do NOT hold items in your cart! Our quantities are limited and sell out quickly
(there is a 15 minute maximum offer time; see below).

- Ground shipping is FREE on any order, no minimums.

- All orders will be held in our warehouse until September 22nd. This will give us time to
combine orders into the fewest number of boxes.

- Make sure to check out completely each time you see a wine you would like to purchase. They
will NOT be held in your shopping cart after the item has sold out. We will do the work for you
(combine your orders) after the Marathon is over.

- You can still request a ‘Future Ship Date’ while checking out. However, this date must be after
September 22nd; we will not ship orders from this Marathon before this date.

• The wines offered will be from all price points.
• A new offer will be posted every 15 minutes (or sooner if the item sells out).
• All orders MUST be placed online - no phone orders will be accepted.
• There will be NO EMAIL, FACEBOOK, or MOBILE DEVICE NOTIFICATONS for any specific item during the Marathon.
• You can use Twitter for notification of each new item (details below; you do not need a Twitter account). You can always see the current deal on WTSO.com or through our WTSO mobile app.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Robert Storey
'Kristen's Vineyard'
Reserve Cabernet 2012
By Ty Caton $19.99 fs on 4. wtso listed 20 min ago.
Vivino scored the 2011 4.1/5 at the same price offered in April.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
ddeuddeg wrote:On Invino, for $19.99 (regular retail $28): 2012 Iron Horse Unoaked Chardonnay
Russian River Valley *the 'Golden Vintage'
New Release | Member Exclusive Value

That's the only Iron Horse I've tried so far, but I'm a fan.

On a related note, Invino also has a Geyser Peak Shop with a few aged reds still available (e.g. '00 and '98 "Kuimelis Vineyard" Alexander Valley Cabs for 34.99 each, '91 meritage for 24.99 and an '03 PV for 34.99).

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
bud8jr wrote:Robert Storey
'Kristen's Vineyard'
Reserve Cabernet 2012
By Ty Caton $19.99 fs on 4. wtso listed 20 min ago.
Vivino scored the 2011 4.1/5 at the same price offered in April.

Heck yeah...Ty Caton...Cab?
I'm in for a set.

bdlsmoran

Lastbottle.com Earthquake Marathon 08/28
SO: HERE'S THE DEAL: Starting tomorrow (Thursday 8/28) at 9AM PST sharp, we are unleashing a flood of wine, moving at breakneck speed. HUNDREDS upon hundreds of unbelievable bargains from every corner of Planet Earth at market-crushing prices. Plus, FREE GROUND SHIPPING (lower 48) on ALL ORDERS! TRUE Madness.

bdlsmoran

Chase Cellars fans, Invino has the 2008 Chase Cellars Zinfandel for $19.99 with free shipping on 3 bottles

kylemittskus

bdlsmoran wrote:Chase Cellars fans, Invino has the 2008 Chase Cellars Zinfandel for $19.99 with free shipping on 3 bottles

Oh man. Yum.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 29 Private Messages ddeuddeg
bdlsmoran wrote:Chase Cellars fans, Invino has the 2008 Chase Cellars Zinfandel for $19.99 with free shipping on 3 bottles

Just tasted this at the winery a few weeks ago. It's absolutely wonderful, and they're practically giving it away. What some folks may not realize is that, apparently, once you order enough on one of invino's free shipping deals, if you order other stuff, they ship that free as well.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
ddeuddeg wrote:Just tasted this at the winery a few weeks ago. It's absolutely wonderful, and they're practically giving it away. What some folks may not realize is that, apparently, once you order enough on one of invino's free shipping deals, if you order other stuff, they ship that free as well.

Had it at Merbill's and loved it. Went on invino but cannot find it

"The older I get the better I was"

kylemittskus

losthighwayz wrote:Had it at Merbill's and loved it. Went on invino but cannot find it

Can you add 2 to your order if you find it? I'll pay the shipping difference, if there is one (FS?).

North316

Not really a deal to share, but interestingly just found some 2012 PoiZin from Armida for 8.99 a bottle. Slightly different label than the 2012 offered on woot a few months ago, and this one has a cork v. screwcap, but it certainly appears to be the same exact wine. Sold on woot at $69.99 for 4 bottles...I got it for 8.99...

If any of my local people are interested let me know, I can pick up some more. We'll probably try this bottle in the next couple of days.

My CT

Cesare

quality posts: 1614 Private Messages Cesare

2009 Benessere Sangiovese on last bottle. $15 free shipping on 6.
I tasted this right after the rpm tour and loved it! This is a steal, winery price is 32.

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
Cesare wrote:2009 Benessere Sangiovese on last bottle. $15 free shipping on 6.
I tasted this right after the rpm tour and loved it! This is a steal, winery price is 32.

never mind, nothing to see...

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Any iowa or sw wisco wooters wanting some 2012 Anthill pn or syrah? I received a larger than expected allocation.

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Not really a deal to share, but interestingly just found some 2012 PoiZin from Armida for 8.99 a bottle. Slightly different label than the 2012 offered on woot a few months ago, and this one has a cork v. screwcap, but it certainly appears to be the same exact wine. Sold on woot at $69.99 for 4 bottles...I got it for 8.99...

If any of my local people are interested let me know, I can pick up some more. We'll probably try this bottle in the next couple of days.

Saw some at World Market for $12.99 awhile back. Seem to remember last time it was on WW someone mentioned the cheaper bottles and it turned out that they produce 2 different PoiZins in nearly identical packaging, one sells for about half the price of the other one. Not one of my favorite Zins anyway and their Pinot Gris "Antidote" is complete plonk.

klezman

quality posts: 122 Private Messages klezman
chipgreen wrote:Not one of my favorite Zins anyway and their Pinot Gris "Antidote" is complete plonk.

And here I thought I was the only one who thought that!

OTOH, I had some PoiZin from double-mag at a friend's wedding. It was fruity, but balanced and quite delicious. The extra time it sat around I'm sure helped balance it out.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cortot20

quality posts: 139 Private Messages cortot20
chipgreen wrote:Saw some at World Market for $12.99 awhile back. Seem to remember last time it was on WW someone mentioned the cheaper bottles and it turned out that they produce 2 different PoiZins in nearly identical packaging, one sells for about half the price of the other one. Not one of my favorite Zins anyway and their Pinot Gris "Antidote" is complete plonk.

This is true.
Avoid the poizin with the california designation as its just an over produced mass market wine. Look for the ava specific bottling woot offers in October typically.

CT

North316

cortot20 wrote:This is true.
Avoid the poizin with the california designation as its just an over produced mass market wine. Look for the ava specific bottling woot offers in October typically.

Interesting. Glad I only picked up one bottle, unless of course I happen to like it when I drink it.

My CT

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Interesting. Glad I only picked up one bottle, unless of course I happen to like it when I drink it.

For $8.99 not much of a risk....

chipgreen

Astrale e Terra
2009 Arcturus Napa Valley (Atlas Peak) Red Blend
Winemaker: Scott Harvey

....on Wine Spies for $29.99

noslensj

quality posts: 42 Private Messages noslensj

Late night offering at WTSO for the Caton Crowd:

Ty Caton Winemaker's Cuvee Cabernet 2012 Sonoma Valley

$19.99 - Free Shipping on 4 or more

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie

Email from Clark Smith re: upcoming Wine.Woot offers:

September 8th 12:00 AM to midnight Central Time:

Retail $35, Sept. 8 only $54.99/ 3-pack with $7 shipping.

September 9th 12:00 AM to midnight Central Time:

Total retail value $120.00. Sept. 9 only $59.99/ 3-pack with $7 shipping.

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
spammie wrote:Email from Clark Smith re: upcoming Wine.Woot offers:

I got the email too. I've been drinking Clark's Cabs and really enjoy them.
The Bordeaux Blend sounds fabulous, and of course I want to help. I'm a Liberal.
However, I just can't get behind Pinot or Dry Whites. So I'm out on the next batch.

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

Iron Horse up on RLL again. $50 cheaper for the case this time... $349+tax+ship.

sdwindansea

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sdwindansea

I'm so torn on today's offering or the one tomorrow. Unfortunately I cannot pull off both .

joelsisk

quality posts: 9 Private Messages joelsisk

only issue is that it's $8 for summer shipping.... not $7!

bdlsmoran

Ty Caton Vineyards 'Tytanium' Caton Vineyard Sonoma Valley Red Wine 2010 up on wtso for $32.00