ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
randysanders wrote:Also, Scott Harvey (and Jana) are personally involved with every aspect of their operation, so drinking a Scott Harvey is like hanging out with friends.

Sign up for the winemakers dinner at the Wooster Inn, and you can hang out with friends, INCLUDING Scott and Jana. Next dinner date: Friday, April 17, 2015. I'm sure someone will start up an event thread a few months before.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders

Since rc got rid of the post, there's no reason to repeat it. Sorry to have been rude to you rc.

I don't believe I've seen such a BOLD sales pitch on Woot. Who is this rc70; K or L?
CT (3 reviews) gives this cuvee 85-87.

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
randysanders wrote:I don't believe I've seen such a BOLD sales pitch on Woot. Who is this rc70; K or L?
CT (3 reviews) gives this cuvee 85-87.

Just a cut & paste from klwines.com, weird that this wine was singled out
http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1156764

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
bdlsmoran wrote:Just a cut & paste from klwines.com, weird that this wine was singled out
http://www.klwines.com/detail.asp?sku=1156764

I know there are some Bedrock fans here....

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

2009 Anaba Coriol Red belend for $19 a bottle on last bottle.

GSM+PS. Could be good. Looks to be very New world in style

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

randysanders

cmaldoon wrote:2009 Anaba Coriol Red belend for $19 a bottle on last bottle.

GSM+PS. Could be good. Looks to be very New world in style

I saw this and love PS, but GSMs have an odd flavor that nearly turns my stomach. Can anyone help me understand this? I do enjoy G and S a lot.

chipgreen

randysanders wrote:I saw this and love PS, but GSMs have an odd flavor that nearly turns my stomach. Can anyone help me understand this? I do enjoy G and S a lot.

Must be the M?

randysanders

chipgreen wrote:Must be the M?

Hmmm...???
I've had Cline Mourvedre several times...once with a big ol' Cowboy
Ribeye Steak at Hash House A-Go-Go in Las Vegas, and have
enjoyed it every time, but Cline is possibly
one of those large producers that over-
manipilates the flavors of their wines.
I'll have to try other Mourvedres. Do you have any suggestions?

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
randysanders wrote:Hmmm...???

Anything with Mourvedre in it from Twisted Oak: potty mouth red, River of Skulls, Parcel 17 are the ones that come to mind as predominantly Mourvedre. Sometimes some of the others have a substantial amount also.

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

randysanders wrote:Hmmm...???

I love GSMs but haven't had a lot of single varietal Mourvedre/Monastrell. Of the ones I have had, I second klezman's recommendation for TO's River of Skulls. I've also enjoyed Core Alta Mesa Mourvedre and Core's other Mourvedre blends.

Have also had a couple nice Mourvedre based Rosés, one of which was from Virginia, the other was a woot purchase from Gilbert Cellars.

randysanders

chipgreen wrote:I love GSMs but haven't had a lot of single varietal Mourvedre/Monastrell. Of the ones I have had, I second klezman's recommendation for TO's River of Skulls. I've also enjoyed Core Alta Mesa Mourvedre and Core's other Mourvedre blends.

Have also had a couple nice Mourvedre based Rosés, one of which was from Virginia, the other was a woot purchase from Gilbert Cellars.

I do have some Twisted Oak, but the bottles are
so awesome, I haven't drank it. (Also visited
Twisted Oak when last I visited Calaveras / Amador Counties.)
I'll see what I have, and give it a whirl.
Thanks for the suggestion.

cortot20

quality posts: 163 Private Messages cortot20

jrb11

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jrb11

Cheapskate Marathon over at WTSO until midnight tonight ET. Wines change about every 15 minutes with free shipping on 4 or more bottles

CT

joed10303

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joed10303
jrb11 wrote:Cheapskate Marathon over at WTSO until midnight tonight ET. Wines change about every 15 minutes with free shipping on 4 or more bottles

Ty Caton 2011 cab $18 free ship on 4 WTSO

palmer3317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmer3317

LB has the Knot Wines Brut NV up for $15 FS on 6. I grabbed some of their rose before based on recommendations here and enjoyed it. Anyone had this one?

chipgreen

palmer3317 wrote:LB has the Knot Wines Brut NV up for $15 FS on 6. I grabbed some of their rose before based on recommendations here and enjoyed it. Anyone had this one?

No, but based on the QPR of the Rose this would have been an auto-buy. Unfortunately it's gone already.

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

~~~ POTENTIAL RPM/WW TOURISTS ~~~

We have a last second open seat!

PM or post ASAP if interested.

This is a real deal for the tour.
[edit] Guaranteed a partial, but there may even be a full subsidy. We don't want an empty seat.

CT

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot

The Halcon summer release mailer arrived. It would be ridiculous not to buy a case.

http://halconvineyards.com/c/wp-content/uploads/current-offer.pdf

chipgreen

blakewoot wrote:The Halcon summer release mailer arrived. It would be ridiculous not to buy a case.

http://halconvineyards.com/c/wp-content/uploads/current-offer.pdf

I was just going to post the same thing. I'm still debating, only because of the upcoming RPM tour. I was looking at the full case + Magnum but maybe I'll skip the Mag.
Direct Link

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:I was just going to post the same thing. I'm still debating, only because of the upcoming RPM tour. I was looking at the full case + Magnum but maybe I'll skip the Mag.
Direct Link

Since I know you will probably buy it anyway. If it helps your decision, I'd be interested in a bottle each of the three (not the mag) since a case would put it at $22 a bottle if my math is correct, which would defer your cost a little bit.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
North316 wrote:Since I know you will probably buy it anyway. If it helps your decision, I'd be interested in a bottle each of the three (not the mag) since a case would put it at $22 a bottle if my math is correct, which would defer your cost a little bit.

Fellow enabler chiming in. Same here.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

Got a case to share at work while re-upping on some Prado as well. Skipped the magnum because I have too much wine

2014: 57 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2011 Wellington Cab & Merlot, Roessler 2009 Bluejay, 2010 Bell Cabernet
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Got a case to share at work while re-upping on some Prado as well. Skipped the magnum because I have too much wine

I'm in, but I need to think about this...
just not now.

CT

chipgreen

North316 wrote:Since I know you will probably buy it anyway. If it helps your decision, I'd be interested in a bottle each of the three (not the mag) since a case would put it at $22 a bottle if my math is correct, which would defer your cost a little bit.

ddeuddeg wrote:Fellow enabler chiming in. Same here.

There are only 2 Esquisto allocated per order and 4 Prado so I have to get 6 Alturas to round out the case. If you're each willing to take 2 Alturas and 1 Prado, that would work for me.

Let me know so I can take care of it before I leave for the airport Sunday morning, otherwise I am going to pass (believe it or not!).

klezman

rjquillin wrote:I'm in, but I need to think about this...
just not now.

Well, Paul is calling me tomorrow to finalize. We'll be picking up en route southbound next Saturday. So you've got until then to let me know. Case+ price of $20. Let me know asap.

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Well, Paul is calling me tomorrow to finalize. We'll be picking up en route southbound next Saturday. So you've got until then to let me know. Case+ price of $20. Let me know asap.

4- Alturas
2- Esquisto
2- Prado
1- mag

CT

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:There are only 2 Esquisto allocated per order and 4 Prado so I have to get 6 Alturas to round out the case. If you're each willing to take 2 Alturas and 1 Prado, that would work for me.

Let me know so I can take care of it before I leave for the airport Sunday morning, otherwise I am going to pass (believe it or not!).

I'd still be in on that. I'm not that big on GSM anyway.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

chipgreen

North316 wrote:I'd still be in on that. I'm not that big on GSM anyway.

Working under the assumption that d-dog will also be ok with that, I've emailed the order to Halcon.
EDIT: order confirmed by Paul

jrb11

quality posts: 5 Private Messages jrb11

There's a 3 year vertical over at TSO(p) for $99 and the '06 has some great reviews on CT.

Anyone have any experience with these?

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson
jrb11 wrote:There's a 3 year vertical over at TSO(p) for $99 and the '06 has some great reviews on CT.

Anyone have any experience with these?

Already gone, if you were referring to the Eagles. They are solid drinking wines.

McMalbec

quality posts: 8 Private Messages McMalbec

Bedrock allocations are out. Regrettably, not going to be able to subscribe fully.
If you are in the tall corn state and interested in some, pm me.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

$10 off $25 or more purchase at woot.

http://local.amazon.com/national/B00MER1R2W?ascsubtag=ffcc7878765146d6aacd2cfef3575c00&t=slicinc-20&tag=dealswoot-20

I'm hoping it will work on wine, too.

Edit: damnit. Not able to use at W.W.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98

Scott Harvey 2012 Winemaker's Reserve Zinfandel (white label) on WTSO. $16/FS on 4. This NOT the Old Vine Zin we often see here.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
pseudogourmet98 wrote:Scott Harvey 2012 Winemaker's Reserve Zinfandel (white label) on WTSO. $16/FS on 4. This NOT the Old Vine Zin we often see here.

well that stinks... I just blindly purchased... I saw the white label....It should still be good...right?
I was just about to post here, then buy... see that will teach me!

ltraffis

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ltraffis
ddeuddeg wrote:Sign up for the winemakers dinner at the Wooster Inn, and you can hang out with friends, INCLUDING Scott and Jana. Next dinner date: Friday, April 17, 2015. I'm sure someone will start up an event thread a few months before.

Easy math: Great Food + Great People = Great Time!!!

slm9951

quality posts: 14 Private Messages slm9951
mommadeb1 wrote:well that stinks... I just blindly purchased... I saw the white label....It should still be good...right?
I was just about to post here, then buy... see that will teach me!

Usually can't go wrong with this wine maker!

rjquillin

Cameron Hughes FS/case with FREERIDE this weekend, well, what's left of it.

CT

rjquillin

slm9951 wrote:Usually can't go wrong with this wine maker!

This was a commissioned blend specifically for WTSO, so, somewhat different than his usual blends.

CT