randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
kaolis wrote:Haven't had it but I've seen mostly bashing and not much positive, that's it pretty one dimensional and overdone. But who knows, especially after a few years sometimes the ugly duckling changes.

You know, "one dimensional, overdone" Napa Cab is just what I want sometimes. And I have enough '06 cab to let the Caymus age. I'll try one soon, and then maybe one a year and see where it goes. (have I done enough to convince myself that I didn't waste my hard-earned money?)

jrdnmiller

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jrdnmiller
randysanders wrote:You know, "one dimensional, overdone" Napa Cab is just what I want sometimes. And I have enough '06 cab to let the Caymus age. I'll try one soon, and then maybe one a year and see where it goes. (have I done enough to convince myself that I didn't waste my hard-earned money?)

I bought one and I'll probably take it to a nice dinner party or event. It seems like the second cab (not the special) will be significantly less quality than the first but will still be good for the "name" of it... In other words I think I paid fifty bucks for a twenty dollar cab =\

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen

Laura Michael (Zahtila Vineyards) 2010 Dry Creek Zin made with Mayo Family fruit from 65 yr old vines on WineSpies for $26.99 free ship on 6.

Also, the Zeppelin Pinot Noir that was up on Woot recently is now being offered via email for $209/6 or $399/12, temperature controlled shipping included. That's basically the same price as the Woot deal (if you get 6, save $20 on 12) but with free shipping and no tax.

email stillmanbATaolDOTcom

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus

Some wine racks and an electric corkscrew on sale at Home Depot with FS.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 35 Private Messages ddeuddeg
kylemittskus wrote:Some wine racks and an electric corkscrew on sale at Home Depot with FS.

That's today only, folks. Better jump on it if you're interested.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Anyone know anything about the Mockingbird Hill Reserve Sonoma Red Blend 2012 up on WTSO?

They state: From the spectacular 2012 vintage-an incredible Reserve Red Meritage from highly regarded winemaker John Pedroncelli at fantastic savings!

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on this, but not if it's something like the Pedroncelli Friends Red....but what is it?

joed10303

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joed10303
bsevern wrote:Anyone know anything about the Mockingbird Hill Reserve Sonoma Red Blend 2012 up on WTSO?

They state: From the spectacular 2012 vintage-an incredible Reserve Red Meritage from highly regarded winemaker John Pedroncelli at fantastic savings!

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on this, but not if it's something like the Pedroncelli Friends Red....but what is it?

I belive Mockingbird Hill is one of newman's labels,this has the same four grapes as Friends and was in oak for the same amt of time. So if you disliked friends i would say dont buy, but for $13 i think its worth a shot for a daily drinker.

chipgreen

wine.woot email offer for (3) 2005 Used Automobile Parts dessert wine (375ml) for $59.99 + tax and shipping available HERE.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
chipgreen wrote:wine.woot email offer for (3) 2005 Used Automobile Parts dessert wine (375ml) for $59.99 + tax and shipping available HERE.

If that were the dry red I would sooo be in!

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 189 Private Messages rjquillin

WL FS on 6+ with code JULY4

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

2010 Tytanium back up on TSO(P) for $33, FS with 1.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz
jmdavidson wrote:2010 Tytanium back up on TSO(P) for $33, FS with 1.

Thanks. Went in for one. Can't go wrong for $33 delivered with low buy in!

"The older I get the better I was"

chipgreen

losthighwayz wrote:Thanks. Went in for one. Can't go wrong for $33 delivered with low buy in!

That must have gone quickly.... oh well, I certainly don't need more wine as evidenced by having to move approx 600 bottles in approx 100 boxes by hand after my water heater blew a fitting the other day and sprayed like a fire hose for who knows how long while I was out celebrating the 4th. Meanwhile, bags and boxes full of junk are going to be pretty much a total loss because I had to save the wine first. The wine that was in racks was fine except for some on the bottom rows that got damaged labels. If I didn't have more than my racks could hold, I wouldn't have had to move any wine and could have salvaged other stuff that is now being sorted and mostly trashed.

spammie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages spammie
chipgreen wrote:That must have gone quickly.... oh well, I certainly don't need more wine as evidenced by having to move approx 600 bottles in approx 100 boxes by hand after my water heater blew a fitting the other day and sprayed like a fire hose for who knows how long while I was out celebrating the 4th. Meanwhile, bags and boxes full of junk are going to be pretty much a total loss because I had to save the wine first. The wine that was in racks was fine except for some on the bottom rows that got damaged labels. If I didn't have more than my racks could hold, I wouldn't have had to move any wine and could have salvaged other stuff that is now being sorted and mostly trashed.

You definitely had your priorities in order!

jmdavidson

quality posts: 59 Private Messages jmdavidson

Up now on TSO at $25, FS w/3 is 2008 Tabarrini Sagrantino di Montefalco Colle Grimaldesco. WW had a three pack of different vintages (2003, 2005, 2006) on May 17th. This '08 gets amazing reviews on CT.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 63 Private Messages losthighwayz

Anyone have thoughts on the Clarendon 4 pack on wtso for $90? Great CT notes

"The older I get the better I was"

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122
random122 wrote:F Teldeschi sale:

2000 Petite Sirah will be on sale for $20.00 per bottle, $216 per case (18/btl), or $192/case ($16/btl) when you buy 2 cases, or $168/case ($14/btl) when you buy 3 cases, or $144/case ($12/btl) when you buy 4 cases, or $120/case ($10/btl) when you buy 5 or more cases. (Retail $36.00)...

Not as much of a discount as the PS, but the 2006 CS is on sale for $25/btl, $24/btl if you buy a case, $22/btl when you buy 2 cases, or $20/btl when you buy 3 or more cases. Retail: $40, Club price: $32. Ends 8/31.

I don't believe I've tasted his CS before though.

MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Scott Harvey 10th Anniversary sale is on. Day 6 (sorry, thought someone would have posted this already).

20% Discount (normal Wine Club) for everyone, and 30% for Wine Club members.

Day Six Special:

Scott Harvey
J&S Reserve Barbera

"90 Points"
~ 2014 California
State Fair

"This is our favorite wine that we save for special events. We take it with us to our favorite, 'Fine Dining' restaurant, because we know that they don't have anything that compares to this awesome wine." ~ Winona, San Clemente, CA.

Click for our
One Day Special

Save 20%
(Wine Club save 30%)

Each bottle purchased has a commemorative label and will be signed by Scott!

Sale link

Edit:

Purchase 6 or more bottles for a $10 shipping special.
We'll hold your purchases until the end of the 10 days,
so that if you come back for more choices,
we'll just add to that single shipping.

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Scott Harvey 10th Anniversary sale is on. Day 6 (sorry, thought someone would have posted this already).

20% Discount (normal Wine Club) for everyone, and 30% for Wine Club members.

I'm waiting to see what else will be offered...so I can get the shipping deal..(like I have extra money)

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22
chipgreen wrote:wine.woot email offer for (3) 2005 Used Automobile Parts dessert wine (375ml) for $59.99 + tax and shipping available HERE.

Any idea on how to get the wine.woot e-mails. Not receiving them.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

rjquillin

polarbear22 wrote:Any idea on how to get the wine.woot e-mails. Not receiving them.

Some I get, some not. It seems if you have purchased the offer, you get mail when it's offered again; no earlier purchase, no email.

CT

rjquillin

Bunch of wine related stuff over on home today, Tuesday.

CT

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Any idea on how to get the wine.woot e-mails. Not receiving them.

Got the first email and bought, but not sure if I've gotten any since.

Edit: Nevermind. Email was received on 7/3! From Wootbot.

Sold out now, but just as well ...

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

MarkDaSpark

rjquillin wrote:Bunch of wine related stuff over on home today, Tuesday.

So. You coming on Saturday?

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Some I get, some not. It seems if you have purchased the offer, you get mail when it's offered again; no earlier purchase, no email.

I thought that's how it worked too but I have never purchased the Used Automobile Parts (doesn't ship to Ohio because Don & Sons surpasses the production limit set by Ohio for out of state wineries, as does Geyser Peak, Pacific Rim and a few others).

rjquillin

MarkDaSpark wrote:So. You coming on Saturday?

Saturday?

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

2008 Cougar Crest Estate Reserve Syrah Walla Walla Washington Free Shipping on 4 or more on WTSO for $19/bottle.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr
bsevern wrote:2008 Cougar Crest Estate Reserve Syrah Walla Walla Washington Free Shipping on 4 or more on WTSO for $19/bottle.

Bit on 4, however, tempted by the offering on plat for $28 fs on 2.

2010 Secoya Cellars Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon

Technical Information
Cases Produced: 224
Alcohol: 14.80%
Titratable Acidity: 5.8 g/L
pH: 3.86
Appellation: Napa Valley
Blend: 84% Cabernet Sauvignon, 9% Merlot, 3% Syrah, 3% Cabernet Franc, 1% Malbec

This Highway 29 winery sits on the land of one of the valley's oldest vineyards. We can't tell you whom this famous Rutherford Bench producer is, but when you see the cork you'll be pleased to find out.

Cesare

quality posts: 1697 Private Messages Cesare

For those that didn't get the Clark Smith email. This is tomorrow's Plus offer.

Want to score some world class Cabernet Franc?
Well, it is from Clark Smith, the same winemaker of Two Jakes of Diamonds' Cabernet Franc, selected for the Six Nations Wine Challenge as one of the Top 100 wines in the USA, two years in a row.

Normally $40 a bottle, now you can pick up 2008 WineSmith Lake County Cabernet Franc on WineWoot

3 bottles for just $64.99 at http://wine.woot.com

So set your alarms... the Woot sale starts this Friday, July 18th and runs until July 24th or we run out.
-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

rjquillin

Ty on 'TSO
Ty Caton Winemaker's Cuvee Cabernet 2012
$20/fs4

CT

randysanders

rjquillin wrote:Ty on 'TSO
Ty Caton Winemaker's Cuvee Cabernet 2012
$20/fs4

Ty is still up on 'TSO, 5 hrs later. That's a surprise.

kaolis

quality posts: 28 Private Messages kaolis
randysanders wrote:Ty is still up on 'TSO, 5 hrs later. That's a surprise.

Maybe cuz that is a WTSO blend, not one of his regular offerings. Not that that is a bad thing. I purchased some previous Ty Winemaker's Cuvee vintages from them and think solid value at $20.

chipgreen

Last day of Scott Harvey's 10-day 10th Anniversary sale features 1869 Zin at 20% off (30% off for wine club members). IIRC from the original Day 1 email, there is free shipping on 6 or more bottles.

HERE is the link.

EDIT: the shipping special is $10 for 6 or more bottles.

MarkDaSpark

mommadeb1 wrote:I'm waiting to see what else will be offered...so I can get the shipping deal..(like I have extra money)

Last day ... and 1869 is up!!!

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:
EDIT: the shipping special is $10 for 6 or more bottles.

If you ask, you may get FS on a case.

CT

mommadeb1

quality posts: 18 Private Messages mommadeb1
MarkDaSpark wrote:Last day ... and 1869 is up!!!

I still have 3 bottles ...so I was good and didn't buy any.... I wanted too... but .....

randysanders

re: Scott Harvey. I got 6, plus some Atomic Frog Balls.
I love Amador County Zins and Barberas, they just have a wonderful flavor...like Renwoods used to taste.
Also, Scott Harvey (and Jana) are personally involved with every aspect of their operation, so drinking a Scott Harvey is like hanging out with friends.

chipgreen

randysanders wrote:re: Scott Harvey. I got 6, plus some Atomic Frog Balls.
I love Amador County Zins and Barberas, they just have a wonderful flavor...like Renwoods used to taste.
Also, Scott Harvey (and Jana) are personally involved with every aspect of their operation, so drinking a Scott Harvey is like hanging out with friends.

+11

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

some fancy, "black tie" type wines on RLL - "Sip & Savor". I really have to wonder how much wine sells through that channel.