cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
randysanders wrote:What do y'all think about the Caymus 40th Anniversary Cabernet that's on pre-sale?
Do we need a couple of bottles in the cellar?
I saw it on Cindy & WL and various others.

I decided to get a bottle. Never had Caymus before and $55 with free shipping seems like just about the best deal one can get. A boffo year too.

I doubt that I'll be blown away but I want to try it.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
cmaldoon wrote:I decided to get a bottle. Never had Caymus before and $55 with free shipping seems like just about the best deal one can get. A boffo year too.

+1

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders
cmaldoon wrote:I decided to get a bottle. Never had Caymus before and $55 with free shipping seems like just about the best deal one can get. A boffo year too.

WL and Cindy no longer ship to NY, so I bought 3 from somewhere in NJ, $14 shipping but same price and no tax. WL had 1L bottles for $65 (a good deal) a couple of days ago, and 3L bottles.

blakewoot

quality posts: 11 Private Messages blakewoot
randysanders wrote:WL and Cindy no longer ship to NY

Put stuff in your cart at WL, try to check out, it tells you they can't ship to NY. Just immediately try again, and it will go through.

I was surprised - shocked - the first time I got the message that they wouldn't ship to NY. But after figuring this out, all is well.

randysanders

Caymus at wiredforwine, free shipping w/4 right now.

randysanders

blakewoot wrote:Put stuff in your cart at WL, try to check out, it tells you they can't ship to NY. Just immediately try again, and it will go through.

I was surprised - shocked - the first time I got the message that they wouldn't ship to NY. But after figuring this out, all is well.

I did manage to buy something from them recently, and I couldn't understand. Thanks for the info. One of my favorite sources, besides woot and tso.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

Not a buyer myself but the Caymus is up on Last Bottle for $59 free ship on 4.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
randysanders wrote:What do y'all think about the Caymus 40th Anniversary Cabernet that's on pre-sale?
Do we need a couple of bottles in the cellar?
I saw it on Cindy & WL and various others.

2012 is supposed to be a superb year, and Caymus, albeit pricey, is a solid producer. What would be nice to know, is what set's their anniversary juice apart from their normal juice?

kaolis

bsevern wrote:2012 is supposed to be a superb year, and Caymus, albeit pricey, is a solid producer. What would be nice to know, is what set's their anniversary juice apart from their normal juice?

I could be wrong but my guess is the only difference in the 2012 is that it says 40 year ann. on it. This quote is from Chuck Wagner in Shanken News Daily on 5/20/13. Doesn't look like anything different from the norm given his comments:

Wagner: Caymus Napa Cabernet has roughly doubled to 80,000 cases in the last two years. Over the same period, Conundrum is up about 25% to 150,000 cases, and Mer Soleil Chardonnay is up sharply as well, to about 60,000 cases. There’s more market than grapes for Pacific coast wines like Belle Glos and Mer Soleil right now. For Caymus Cabernet and Special Selection, 2012 looks like a great year, and we’ll probably make more of each than we ever have before. We’re also expanding Conundrum Red, for which we planted 80 acres over the past two years.

http://www.shankennewsdaily.com/index.php/2013/05/20/5892/interview-caymus-vineyards-bold-bet-on-pinot-noir-pays-off/

bsevern

kaolis wrote:I could be wrong but my guess is the only difference in the 2012 is that it says 40 year ann. on it. This quote is from Chuck Wagner in Shanken News Daily on 5/20/13. Doesn't look like anything different from the norm given his comments:

Wagner: Caymus Napa Cabernet has roughly doubled to 80,000 cases in the last two years. Over the same period, Conundrum is up about 25% to 150,000 cases, and Mer Soleil Chardonnay is up sharply as well, to about 60,000 cases. There’s more market than grapes for Pacific coast wines like Belle Glos and Mer Soleil right now. For Caymus Cabernet and Special Selection, 2012 looks like a great year, and we’ll probably make more of each than we ever have before. We’re also expanding Conundrum Red, for which we planted 80 acres over the past two years.

http://www.shankennewsdaily.com/index.php/2013/05/20/5892/interview-caymus-vineyards-bold-bet-on-pinot-noir-pays-off/

May be nothing more then a fancy label eh? Oh well, on a positive note, they said their expanding Conundrum Red production, might be some nice deals on that in the pipeline

chipgreen

quality posts: 177 Private Messages chipgreen
kaolis wrote:Not a buyer myself but the Caymus is up on Last Bottle for $59 free ship on 4.

It's also still available through WL for $54.99 w/free ship on 1 or better yet, the 1.5L is $64.99 w/free ship. I grabbed 2 of the Mags.
EDIT: 1L, not 1.5

hesnctrl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hesnctrl
chipgreen wrote:It's also still available through WL for $54.99 w/free ship on 1 or better yet, the 1.5L is $64.99 w/free ship. I grabbed 2 of the Mags.

FYI, $64.99 gets you a 1L bottle, not a 1.5L mag. I got all excited until I checked it out on WL.

kaolis

chipgreen wrote:It's also still available through WL for $54.99 w/free ship on 1 or better yet, the 1.5L is $64.99 w/free ship. I grabbed 2 of the Mags.

Better than Last Bottle, but the WL bottle for $64.99 is a 1L, not 1.5L, just to clarify.

chipgreen

Oops, thanks for the clarification! Still, it's 33% more wine for 18% more $$$ compared with the 750ml.

cmaldoon

Last bottle has 2009 T-Vine Syrah up for $28 a bottle. They make some very good wine and this is a tempting offer. If it was their PS I'd be totally in!

My Cellar

fifisoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifisoda
cmaldoon wrote:Last bottle has 2009 T-Vine Syrah up for $28 a bottle. They make some very good wine and this is a tempting offer. If it was their PS I'd be totally in!

I agree. Very tempting. Got their Zin awhile back from LB and is was fab

cmaldoon

Bay Area split anyone?

My Cellar

mommadeb1

quality posts: 17 Private Messages mommadeb1
cmaldoon wrote:Last bottle has 2009 T-Vine Syrah up for $28 a bottle. They make some very good wine and this is a tempting offer. If it was their PS I'd be totally in!

They were at D&D ...loved their stuff!!

cmaldoon

WTSO has a 4 pack of Clarendon hills grenache for $89. Pretty much the lowest price I've seen. Free shipping. Don't be afraid of 7 year old grenache. It can take some years when made right.

My Cellar

bsevern

WTSO has Esoterica' by Kent Rasmussen Rutherford Petite Sirah 2010 Chavez- Leeds Vineyard Free Shipping on 4 or more for $15.99/bottle.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 58 Private Messages losthighwayz
bsevern wrote:WTSO has Esoterica' by Kent Rasmussen Rutherford Petite Sirah 2010 Chavez- Leeds Vineyard Free Shipping on 4 or more for $15.99/bottle.

Saw that but Trifecta's CT notes not too endearing...have you had this vintage?

"The older I get the better I was"

bsevern

losthighwayz wrote:Saw that but Trifecta's CT notes not too endearing...have you had this vintage?

That's a shame, as it's a good deal, but I have not had this vintage that I recall.

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

You folks are ~fast~!
Nothing on-site or I'd pull a cork to rat.
Grabbed some anyway.

CT

chipgreen

bsevern wrote:WTSO has Esoterica' by Kent Rasmussen Rutherford Petite Sirah 2010 Chavez- Leeds Vineyard Free Shipping on 4 or more for $15.99/bottle.

Nice! I wish that I hadn't already bought 3 from Woot for $23/bottle with tax & shipping.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:You folks are ~fast~!
Nothing on-site or I'd pull a cork to rat.
Grabbed some anyway.

Well crap, even I had to go in at $16/bottle. Love his PS. And KRW PN...when we going to see that around here again??

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kaolis

Jemrose Cardiac Cuvee 2010 $15 free ship on 6 at Last Bottle. 90% syrah, 8% grenache, 2% viognier.
Haven't had this but bit on it. Some good notes floating around on it. And sounds like probably ready to drink, which works for me.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
kaolis wrote:Jemrose Cardiac Cuvee 2010 $15 free ship on 6 at Last Bottle. 90% syrah, 8% grenache, 2% viognier.
Haven't had this but bit on it. Some good notes floating around on it. And sounds like probably ready to drink, which works for me.

I have had a few of the other Jemrose wines and they seem to be a good value. This one caught my eye because the 2010 Cardiac Hill Bennett Valley got such good reviews. Anyone in Chi-town want to split this? Only $15 each.

jmdavidson

Anyone who has tried the Resalte wines knows that they make a nice ribera del duero. TSO-P has up a Bodegas Resalte Ribera Del Duero Gran Resalte 2001 Magnum (1.50L) Free Shipping for $88. The 2001 vintage was rated at 95 by RP. Wine-searcher has this for $80 - $110 for a 750. This review on-line: Last, but arguably the best wine offered by Bodegas Resalte de Peñafiel, the Gran Resalte 2001. With limited availability (only four barrels were produced), an average vineyard age of 80-100 years, 33 months in a new French Oak barrel (100%), 44 minimum months resting in the bottle, this wine is simply opulent. Chosen as the best wine of the Ribera del Duero, this wine could pair easily with Stilton cheese, pork or anything buttery rich. Though it is powerful it is still perfectly balanced in its tannin and acidity and has a magnificent floral nose. It is easily filling due to its depth, yet is elegant and savory.
+1

cmaldoon

WTSOPLAT - 2010 Tytanium $33. Free shipping on 1

Having never tried tytanium, I'm in for one

My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

At $33 I'd get some TyTanium...if anybody has a spare let me know.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta

Got an email from winesmith with a "May Madness" offer. Copied below. Email had some tasting notes posted on the chard from a bunch of us here from woot as well. You can find those back in the original offering. Pretty good deal especially with the free shipping. We really like this chard and have shared it at a few BBQs already. Very well received from a broad group. Once you buy the case you get free shipping and the big discount on everything else.

Special offer for members of Clarks Tribe.

For the month of May only, WineSmith Cellars has gone mad and is offering the last few cases of one of our most popular wines- 2009 PennyFarthing Chardonnay for only $120.

Take advantage of 36% discount and free shipping on any additional wines:
• WineSmith 2005 Crucible: normally $100, now $64
• WineSmith 2005 Pinot Noir: normally $50, now $36
• WineSmith 2008 Cab Franc: normally $40, now $25.60
• WineSmith Postmodern 6-Pack: normally $154, now $98.56
Or any others you like…and get free ground shipping!

This offer won’t be found online or anywhere else. Email your orders to mike.winesmith@gmail.com or call him directly at 954-295-8944.

Cheers,
The Team at WineSmith

P.S. Place orders soon before the weather gets hot and shipping is delayed.

jmdavidson

Wineaccess.com will sometimes offer wines from wineries whose names cannot be released. They call them Chad wines, named after the guy that finds the deals. Has anyone ever gotten in on any of these "deals?" Today's offer sounds interesting and enticing.

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:Wineaccess.com will sometimes offer wines from wineries whose names cannot be released. They call them Chad wines, named after the guy that finds the deals. Has anyone ever gotten in on any of these "deals?" Today's offer sounds interesting and enticing.

I was looking at this one too.
Need more info.

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin wrote:I was looking at this one too.
Need more info.

I was trying to figure out who it might be based on the Pritchard Hill clue. Some high end wineries there including: Chappellett, Byrant Family (omitted), Ovid, David Arthur, Colgin (omitted), Melanson, Villa del Lago, Continuum, Montagne, Gandona and Brand. I haven't ever bought a Chad offering, so I was wondering if they were reputable offers.

EDIT: took a flyer (on a hunch). Current status: SOLD OUT. Guess I was not the only one.

rjquillin

Everybody tuned up for the WTSO Cheapskate Marathon tomorrow?

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:Everybody tuned up for the WTSO Cheapskate Marathon tomorrow?

Do you really need more daily drinkers? Er, I mean wine?

ERMD

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ERMD
trifecta wrote:Do you really need more daily drinkers? Er, I mean wine?

I do, picked up vitaluce as I had this before in paso

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:Do you really need more daily drinkers? Er, I mean wine?

Drinkers?
Yup, need all the help I can get.
Wine?
Pretty well stocked up there, but somehow that doesn't stop the looking and ...

CT

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

Is anyone else having a problem with cellar tracker ?

rjquillin

joed10303 wrote:Is anyone else having a problem with cellar tracker ?

Not noticed any issues, and I've been pretty active today.

CT