ddeuddeg

quality posts: 32 Private Messages ddeuddeg
chipgreen wrote:They also have $5 shipping if you order at least 6 bottles (Free with 12+).
I decided to get 6 bottles.

but you can save teh $5 shipping by putting it in they're "cloud" and wait until you have 12 bottles they're, then have them ship it free. they're's nothing to loose, unless you need teh wine right away, because should you decide you won't be buying anything else from them ever, you could have it shipped then and pay teh $5.
EDIT: Annoying April Fool's day filters.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

Stupid Woof! filters making everybody seam illiterate.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
ddeuddeg wrote:but you can save teh $5 shipping by putting it in they're "cloud" and wait until you have 12 bottles they're, then have them ship it free. they're's nothing to loose, unless you need teh wine right away, because should you decide you won't be buying anything else from them ever, you could have it shipped then and pay teh $5.

Thanks for teh tip. I'm not ruling out future purchases but will look a little more closely before pulling teh trigger. I also noticed after teh fact that if I had bumped my order to 7 bottles, I would have had a 4th "upgraded" bottle.

chipgreen

ddeuddeg wrote:But you can save the $5 shipping by putting it in their "cloud" and wait until you have 12 bottles there, then have them ship it free. There's nothing to lose, unless you need the wine right away, because should you decide you won't be buying anything else from them ever, you could have it shipped then and pay the $5.

Followup.....

I remembered that you had some sort of an issue when you ordered from them (but didn't remember what it was, maybe a missing bottle?) and that you had received good customer service, so I decided to email them to let them know that I was disappointed with my first buying experience. I actually got a call from one of their reps and they applied a generous credit to my account for a future purchase, so I was pretty impressed with the effort on their part.

joed10303

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joed10303

Arger Martucci Odyssey 2008 on wtsoP $24.99 free ship in 2.

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
joed10303 wrote:Arger Martucci Odyssey 2008 on wtsoP $24.99 free ship in 2.

Has any one had experience w/ this wine....certainly looks interesting.

trifecta

quality posts: 74 Private Messages trifecta
mrn1 wrote:Has any one had experience w/ this wine....certainly looks interesting.

I would have gone in for a couple just based on my experience with their other wines. I found the '04 Cab Franc from LB to be quite tasty as well as an '03 Pinot I picked up from auction. Both quite varietally correct and great balance.

Its probably better for my storage situation that I missed this deal, but would have been in had I caught it.

jmdavidson

quality posts: 58 Private Messages jmdavidson

Looking for any kind of feedback regarding LB's offer of a 2009 Mounts Family Winery PS. Anyone?

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
jmdavidson wrote:Looking for any kind of feedback regarding LB's offer of a 2009 Mounts Family Winery PS. Anyone?

I was checking that out too, Richard Jennings gave it 92 points....not once, but twice, so it must be good eh?

jmdavidson

bsevern wrote:I was checking that out too, Richard Jennings gave it 92 points....not once, but twice, so it must be good eh?

Concur. I tend to find his ratings would agree with mine, if I did such a thing. Thinking about going in for 3 ($10 shipping isn't too bad).

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
jmdavidson wrote:Looking for any kind of feedback regarding LB's offer of a 2009 Mounts Family Winery PS. Anyone?

That does look interesting. How was the Keller Syrah BTW?

jmdavidson

dlschier wrote:That does look interesting. How was the Keller Syrah BTW?

Excellent value. Smooth tannins, balanced fruit and reasonbly priced ($17). Cha-ching. Can't ask for any more than that.

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
jmdavidson wrote:Excellent value. Smooth tannins, balanced fruit and reasonbly priced ($17). Cha-ching. Can't ask for any more than that.

I will gamble on a split of the PS if you are game.

jmdavidson

dlschier wrote:I will gamble on a split of the PS if you are game.

B4 I saw your response, I ordered 3. I just sent LB an email asking to up the order to 6. If they can't do it, I'd be happy to sell you 1.

jmdavidson

dlschier wrote:I will gamble on a split of the PS if you are game.

LB changed my original order to 6 instead of 3.

rjquillin

quality posts: 183 Private Messages rjquillin
jmdavidson wrote:LB changed my original order to 6 instead of 3.

I've found, in the past, they're really good about that. They want to sell bottles.

CT

trifecta

Mounts makes really nice PETs. Stylistically they lean more to the feminine silkier structure with ample fruit. While not there high end PS (which is the Petasera @ $75) the bottle up on LB should be a really nice petite at $16.

If I wasn't full I would be in. Could be convince to take a couple bottles as part of a bay area split if we can get the free shipping.

pseudogourmet98

quality posts: 19 Private Messages pseudogourmet98
trifecta wrote:Mounts makes really nice PETs. Stylistically they lean more to the feminine silkier structure with ample fruit. While not there high end PS (which is the Petasera @ $75) the bottle up on LB should be a really nice petite at $16.

Could you drink it soon or do you think it has entered that dumb phase where you would have to cellar it for like another 10 years?

chipgreen

1998 Ritchie Creek Cab Sauv (Spring Mountain district) on Invino for $24.99. Feel free to PM if anyone needs an invite.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Iron Horse 2007 Ocean Reserve on sale at Gold Medal Wine Club for $20.40 each (min buy is 3, max is as much as you can afford). Click on the Spring Wine Sale icon. It's a blanc de blanc, 100% Chardonnay, WE 92. You do not have to join to purchase. Shipping is reasonable - more than woot, less than Ty, and free if you get 2 cases. I don't want 3 but I'd take one if anybody in SoCal bought a set. As far as I can tell, this is $10-15 less per bottle than you can get it anywhere else.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

rjquillin

merbill wrote:Iron Horse 2007 Ocean Reserve on sale at Gold Medal Wine Club for $20.40 each (min buy is 3, max is as much as you can afford). Click on the Spring Wine Sale icon. It's a blanc de blanc, 100% Chardonnay, WE 92. You do not have to join to purchase. Shipping is reasonable - more than woot, less than Ty, and free if you get 2 cases. I don't want 3 but I'd take one if anybody in SoCal bought a set. As far as I can tell, this is $10-15 less per bottle than you can get it anywhere else.

...but, but, you picked up some MPM, that is now sold out; still looking for IH as well?
Sure hope that one shows up at a gathering.

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:...but, but, you picked up some MPM, that is now sold out; still looking for IH as well?

I think that was the first wine we tasted at Iron Horse on the rpm tour, IIRC.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I think that was the first wine we tasted at Iron Horse on the rpm tour, IIRC.

I'd have to look on the IH, but it was that 2005 MPM cab I really want a taste of.

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:I'd have to look on the IH, but it was that 2005 MPM cab I really want a taste of.

Maybe we can coerce rpm to bring a bottle if we end up having the tour this year. Maybe not that vintage, but I'm sure he's got some... or am I off on the MPM you're referring to? I missed the original reference point.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:Maybe we can coerce rpm to bring a bottle if we end up having the tour this year. Maybe not that vintage, but I'm sure he's got some... or am I off on the MPM you're referring to? I missed the original reference point.

2005 Mario Perelli-Minetti Winery Cabernet Sauvignon Miriam
Not sure he'd have one, he's never really spoken of family winemakers other than Wm. Harrison.

PM for ya.

CT

merbill

rjquillin wrote:...but, but, you picked up some MPM, that is now sold out; still looking for IH as well?

I have a problem with minimum buys; its why I rarely buy from WTSO. If they let me mix and match I'd have gotten the IR Ocean and that random Italian Grillo (for the century club), in addition to the MPM cab.

Speaking of which, I just checked the site and it let me add it to my cart, but I didn't start the check out process. Maybe 1 is still available.

I discovered the site a few years ago when they had 2003 Corison Kronos on sale for $65. Their normal prices are generally nothing special, but as you can see their sales can be pretty good.

rjquillin

merbill wrote:Speaking of which, I just checked the site and it let me add it to my cart, but I didn't start the check out process. Maybe 1 is still available.

No joy, and same as before. As soon as I add it, it says S.O.
Can you add one to your order?

CT

merbill

rjquillin wrote:No joy, and same as before. As soon as I add it, it says S.O.
Can you add one to your order?

PM

palmer3317

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palmer3317

saw it up there a few times, but finally decided to pull the trigger on the clos pegase cab on wtso for $20 each.

trifecta

I bit on the 2009 Bodegas Valduero Ribera del Duero Una Cepa up on wtsoplat. Seems like a good flyer.

jmdavidson

TSO currently has up a 2007 Clarendon Hills (Brookman) CS for $25. Not being familiar with Australian CS, can anyone give me any input about this wine? Historically, it appears that this vitner and vineyard score well.

rjquillin

~email today from~

Wired for Wine
Free Shipping on All Orders Today
Mix 'n Match
Reds, Whites, Sparkling, Spirits, Accessories

Seems to be a lot to choose from in all price ranges.
I found a Riedel Microfiber Cleaning Cloth for $8.50 delivered.

CT

jmdavidson

rjquillin

jmdavidson wrote:+1. Love these flash sales which allow us to get more of past deals.

...and that they get shared here for those that didn't purchase the first time around...

CT

trifecta

SQN alert at last bottle. $249 for a 3 pack of Mr K

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran
trifecta wrote:SQN alert at last bottle. $249 for a 3 pack of Mr K

I always want to buy these when they come up but never do. I need more buy and hold wine like I need a hole in the head.

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:SQN alert at last bottle. $249 for a 3 pack of Mr K

Damn was stuck in a meeting....that was a great deal.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

Same problem here.... And there is always the question of paying $80 for a half bottle of wine...

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

klezman

quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:Same problem here.... And there is always the question of paying $80 for a half bottle of wine...

Hard to say it's a "high value" compared to icewine at 50-65% of the price. But it's certainly worth trying it, as a piece of wine cult-dom.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT