kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
jmdavidson wrote:Dang. Didn't want/need 6 so I took 3. Used part of a $15 credit to cut back the shipping costs. Wish I had read this thread earlier. Either way, it looks like we all got some tasty syrah. FYI: I am in Lemont. Nice to know there are some western suburb people out here on WW. Gotta keep that in mind if someone wants to (again) do a split.

Cancel the order.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

jmdavidson

quality posts: 54 Private Messages jmdavidson
kylemittskus wrote:Cancel the order.

Too late. Now that I know there are other wooters in the area, we will try to network such offers to save shipping (and usually keep SWMBO's less stressed about our purchases.)

jmdavidson

Same offer up on WTSO and Cinderella, with different pricing and shipping. Bodegas Olarra Rioja Anares Reserva 2006. Can't speak to the QPR, but such an irony.

cortot20

quality posts: 130 Private Messages cortot20
jmdavidson wrote:Too late. Now that I know there are other wooters in the area, we will try to network such offers to save shipping (and usually keep SWMBO's less stressed about our purchases.)

It works quite well, buy less but get to try more.

CT

dlschier

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dlschier
jmdavidson wrote:Same offer up on WTSO and Cinderella, with different pricing and shipping. Bodegas Olarra Rioja Anares Reserva 2006. Can't speak to the QPR, but such an irony.

They made 15,000 cases of this Reserva.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
jmdavidson wrote:Same offer up on WTSO and Cinderella, with different pricing and shipping. Bodegas Olarra Rioja Anares Reserva 2006. Can't speak to the QPR, but such an irony.

I hear it's pretty good and for 10.98 on Cindy even better, if you're looking for daily drinkers.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

jmdavidson

tytiger58 wrote:I hear it's pretty good and for 10.98 on Cindy even better, if you're looking for daily drinkers.

I'm a daily drinker, but only since I started hanging out in these forums.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
jmdavidson wrote:I'm a daily drinker, but only since I started hanging out in these forums.

Ba-dum. Tssssssshhhhh.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rjquillin

quality posts: 168 Private Messages rjquillin

Any interest is a case split of 1995 Beringer Cabernet Sauvignon St. Helena winery direct @ $50/btl?

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 178 Private Messages chipgreen

2012 Mockingbird Hill Reserve Red Meritage on WTSO for $12.99 w/free shipping on 4. John Pedroncelli, winemaker.

ddeuddeg

quality posts: 26 Private Messages ddeuddeg

2011 Unoaked Iron Horse Chardonnay at Wineshopper for 33% off. Beautiful stuff.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

Ddeuddeg's Cheesecake Cookbook

cortot20

ddeuddeg wrote:2011 Unoaked Iron Horse Chardonnay at Wineshopper for 33% off. Beautiful stuff.

If your local Costco has this it's the same price.

CT

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:2011 Unoaked Iron Horse Chardonnay at Wineshopper for 33% off. Beautiful stuff.

Exactly where my last case came from last October, but at $22.
I need to learn patience it would seem.
Wonder if they'd still price match?

CT

ddeuddeg

cortot20 wrote:If your local Costco has this it's the same price.

No local Costco.

"Always keep a bottle of Champagne in the fridge for special occasions. Sometimes the special occasion is that you've got a bottle of Champagne in the fridge". - Hester Browne

rjquillin

ddeuddeg wrote:No local Costco.

and mine doesn't carry much but ripple.

CT

rjquillin

Wired for Wine has Guigal Côtes-du-Rhône Rouge 2010 for $14 FS/6 that's a pretty nice bottle.
Others of us have picked up cases for a buck less elsewhere to lay down for a bit.
We pulled a cork on one at Scott and Jana's during D&D and it ended up empty.

CT

ddeuddeg

cmaldoon wrote:Ba-dum. Tssssssshhhhh.

aka

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Lastbottle has Tallulah Syrah Shake Ridge Ranch 2010 for $22/bottle, FS w/4.

Not quite as good of deal as in the past, but still decent for excellent Syrah!

PM me if you need a Lastbottle referral

trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
bsevern wrote:Lastbottle has Tallulah Syrah Shake Ridge Ranch 2010 for $22/bottle, FS w/4.

You in on this? I would take 2 bottles if you are ordering and get free shipping.

rjquillin

trifecta wrote:You in on this? I would take 2 bottles if you are ordering and get free shipping.

If he doesn't, I can bump my order for ya.

CT

chipgreen

2005-2007 vert of Ardente Cab on winespies for $90. Free shipping on 6 bottles. 10% off full case with code VERTICAL10

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:2005-2007 vert of Ardente Cab on winespies for $90. Free shipping on 6 bottles. 10% off full case with code VERTICAL10

Just "in case" we don't already have enough..?

CT

chipgreen

rjquillin wrote:Just "in case" we don't already have enough..?

I don't think we ever had a crack at the '05 but we got a much better deal on the '06 and '07 vintages from WD, even without the one-time wootoff pricing glitch.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I don't think we ever had a crack at the '05 but we got a much better deal on the '06 and '07 vintages from WD, even without the one-time wootoff pricing glitch.

Good point. I'm missing the '03 and '05 or I'd have a complete 01~07 vertical.

CT

InFrom

quality posts: 31 Private Messages InFrom
bsevern wrote:Lastbottle has Tallulah Syrah Shake Ridge Ranch 2010 for $22/bottle, FS w/4.

I'm glad I just noticed your post! Bought 4, and now it's no longer up.

rjquillin

chipgreen wrote:I don't think we ever had a crack at the '05 but we got a much better deal on the '06 and '07 vintages from WD, even without the one-time wootoff pricing glitch.

I just noticed you can get single vintage as well.
Anybody want to split some '05 to get FS on 6 bottles?

CT

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Good point. I'm missing the '03 and '05 or I'd have a complete 01~07 vertical.

The real question is...if you have the vertical will you actually sit down and drink it all at once so you can compare?? Does anybody...really? And if you do feel free to invite me

cortot20

tytiger58 wrote:The real question is...if you have the vertical will you actually sit down and drink it all at once so you can compare?? Does anybody...really? And if you do feel free to invite me

Sparky brought a 7 bottle vineyard vertical to your house last year. I thought that was pretty cool.

CT

tytiger58

cortot20 wrote:Sparky brought a 7 bottle vineyard vertical to your house last year. I thought that was pretty cool.

Agreed! My door is always open...Ron?????

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Agreed! My door is always open...Ron?????

I need help on the 05; don't need a half case to myself. At least not at those prices, but I would like to fill that year in.

Fred, where are you?
PM

CT

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman
tytiger58 wrote:The real question is...if you have the vertical will you actually sit down and drink it all at once so you can compare?? Does anybody...really? And if you do feel free to invite me

+1
Also offering my assistance for Corison (Napa or Kronos), Victory, TyTanium, and any other verticals you all need help with

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

randysanders

quality posts: 4 Private Messages randysanders

WL is having free shipping today on 6.
I got Turnbull Napa Cab for $35.98.
Haven't had this vintage, but Turnbull has never let me down.
Parker gives it a 93+, and I believe Parker.
They appear to be shipping to NY, which they haven't in a long time.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Nice Ty Caton selection on Underground Cellar. They have an unusual upgrade format: "Every deal features a collection of different wines. Buy a bottle from a deal, and we'll randomly pick one for you from those listed". PM if you want an invite.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m

They didn't send out an email about it, but I'm picking up the Keller syrah on LB. It's lost in the crowd at $40. It's great at $15.
http://bit.ly/1hQcrEd

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42

For those that don't know....2012 Iron Horse Unoaked Chard up on Invino for $19.99/bottle (compared to $28 retail). Might be a good time to snatch some up. Buy at least 3 bottles and it's only $10 shipping.
If anyone needs an invite, toss me an email or PM or something. I could certainly use some referral credits.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

jmdavidson

dah7m wrote:They didn't send out an email about it, but I'm picking up the Keller syrah on LB. It's lost in the crowd at $40. It's great at $15.
http://bit.ly/1hQcrEd

Same deal as the one from March 20th. Just got mine on Friday and have not had a chance to try one.

chipgreen

merbill wrote:Nice Ty Caton selection on Underground Cellar. They have an unusual upgrade format: "Every deal features a collection of different wines. Buy a bottle from a deal, and we'll randomly pick one for you from those listed". PM if you want an invite.

I already had an account but hadn't ordered yet... decided to bite on this offer to try it out since I was "guaranteed 3 upgrades". They also have $5 shipping if you order at least 6 bottles (Free with 12+).
I decided to get 6 bottles.

For $36/bottle + $5 shipping, I got;
(3) 2010 Ty's Red (CT avg $20)
(1) 2011 Petite Verdot (CT avg $31.50)
(2) 2011 Petite Sirah (CT avg $32.70)

My upgraded bottles don't even have an average CT value of the $36 base price and if I had been lucky enough to score a bottle of Tytanium (10% given out so I had a slightly better than 50/50 shot at one with 6-bottle purchase) this would still not be a good deal.

Oh well, I got a vintage of the Petite Verdot that I didn't have, got a couple bottles of the PS which I've been curious about and three very expensive bottles of Ty's Red!

Underground Cellar might work better with wineries whose list prices aren't overinflated and/or don't regularly discount their wines already like Ty Caton does on Woot and WTSO.

klezman

quality posts: 119 Private Messages klezman

But $36/bottle for Ty isn't even that big a discount since most of his stuff is in the low/mid $40's. If the Ty's Red was the most likely thing, they sold you a bill of goods.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen

klezman wrote:But $36/bottle for Ty isn't even that big a discount since most of his stuff is in the low/mid $40's. If the Ty's Red was the most likely thing, they sold you a bill of goods.

Yes, I should have looked a little more closely at the likely outcome/value of making a purchase.

The $36 is supposed to be the retail value of the lowest priced wine of the bunch. You pay that amount per bottle for as many bottles as you want, and get randomly upgraded on some of the bottles. In this case, some of the Ty's Reds became Petit Verdot and Petite Sirah, but I could have gotten lucky and scored a Tytanium.

They listed the Ty's Red as being a $36 value, the PV as $42, the PS as $44 and the Tytanium as $80. But considering that Ty's Red can be commonly found for $20 and knowing that I was getting 3 bottles of that no matter what the 3 "upgraded" ones turned out to be, I should have realized it wasn't a good deal from the start.

chipgreen

Domaine Fond Croze La Croix du Coq
Cotes du Rhone Villages 2011
(100% Grenache)
$11.99 each on WTSO
Free Shipping on 4 or more