rjquillin

quality posts: 178 Private Messages rjquillin
trifecta wrote:Almost $15/bottle tax and shipped for a split? Doesn't seem like much of a deal unless you prefer splits. Although I may be negatively biased since I always drink more than 375mL.

Yes, it's pricy.
However it does supply two vintages we've not seen on woot before. I picked up some '04 elsewhere for $20/750.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
rjquillin wrote:Yes, it's pricy.
However it does supply two vintages we've not seen on woot before. I picked up some '04 elsewhere for $20/750.

Pricy only in comparison to previous deal prices. Assuming a 30-50% up charge for splits (as usual) these are still reasonable prices.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
rjquillin wrote:There is a reason to read woot! email
2003 & 2004 Ardente

Thanks for posting this, I would think I might get an email from Woot regarding something like this however apparently purchasing 520 bottles in 2013 and 32 so far this year does not make me worthy.
On the plus side it made me look back and count up how much I had purchased in wine and other items and realize woot gets way to much of my money or I should say did.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
cmaldoon wrote:Pricy only in comparison to previous deal prices. Assuming a 30-50% up charge for splits (as usual) these are still reasonable prices.

+1

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:Pricy only in comparison to previous deal prices. Assuming a 30-50% up charge for splits (as usual) these are still reasonable prices.

I'm remembering the December 2 appearance for under $10/750 btl, under $11 delivered.
We get spoiled.
But yes, decent pricing for splits of different vintages.

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
rc70 wrote:Thanks for posting this, I would think I might get an email from Woot regarding something like this however apparently purchasing 520 bottles in 2013 and 32 so far this year does not make me worthy.

It's not about worthiness, you have to opt in to the newsletter and VIP offers in your account settings.

rc70

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rc70
trifecta wrote:It's not about worthiness, you have to opt in to the newsletter and VIP offers in your account settings.

thanks for info, I had no idea about that, I will find the appropriate place to opt in.
thanks again.

klezman

quality posts: 126 Private Messages klezman
cmaldoon wrote:I resemble that remark. I also need to find a time to come share a bottle with you and all the LA folks

Our futon is always available, my friend.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:Our futon is always available, my friend.

Futon?
You have a futon...?

CT

mrn1

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mrn1
rc70 wrote:thanks for info, I had no idea about that, I will find the appropriate place to opt in.
thanks again.

I received an email on the past couple of offers, but I did not receive the this latest offer? I felt really lucky with the first offers! How do I opt in for future offers?

cmaldoon

klezman wrote:Our futon is always available, my friend.

I need to remember things like this as they make such trips much easier.

Tytiger keeps baiting me with that RWT I want to try so badly too!

My Cellar

klezman

rjquillin wrote:Futon?
You have a futon...?

Yes...we keep offering it to you, but you keep opting for Thermarest and sleeping bag. What else can we do?

cmaldoon wrote:I need to remember things like this as they make such trips much easier.

Tytiger keeps baiting me with that RWT I want to try so badly too!

What's this RWT?
tytiger is also about 7 miles away, so it's easy for us to get together any time.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

cmaldoon

klezman wrote:What's this RWT?
tytiger is also about 7 miles away, so it's easy for us to get together any time.

Penfolds RWT. Their 2nd level Syrah ( May be a blend). I don't figure that I'll get to try Grange anytime soon (nor any other $400+ bottles). I figure trying these high end seconds are the next best thing.

My Cellar

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:Penfolds RWT. Their 2nd level Syrah ( May be a blend). I don't figure that I'll get to try Grange anytime soon (nor any other $400+ bottles). I figure trying these high end seconds are the next best thing.

I try to tempt you... and I think all these AFWE's down here would turn there nose up to it anyways

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cmaldoon

2010 Secoya Cellars cabernet on WTSO for $28

They won't tell you the actual winery but a short google search says Secoya Cellars = Sequoia Grove. They really hid that one well :-P

I like Sequoia Grove cabs but I don't think what has to be a bottom end blend from them is worth $28 a bottle to me. At half that I'd be intrigued

My Cellar

rjquillin

cmaldoon wrote:2010 Secoya Cellars cabernet on WTSO for $28

They won't tell you the actual winery but a short google search says Secoya Cellars = Sequoia Grove. They really hid that one well :-P

I like Sequoia Grove cabs but I don't think what has to be a bottom end blend from them is worth $28 a bottle to me. At half that I'd be intrigued

I've been told 'tso actually contracts some blends to the point of bounding final specs. Not sure how they are labeled, but in some cases likely similar to the parent.
Similar I imagine to the Ty we see here on occasion.
Wondering if that may be the case here.

CT

rjquillin

Anyone browse the Invino Premier Access lately and want to bring one of these to a gathering?

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern

Interesting Pinot up on LB.

tytiger58

rjquillin wrote:Anyone browse the Invino Premier Access lately and want to bring one of these to a gathering?

Ha! you and I wish, on the other hand SWMBO and I are flying to South Bend Indiana just to try one of these this summer

klezman

tytiger58 wrote:Ha! you and I wish, on the other hand SWMBO and I are flying to South Bend Indiana just to try one of these this summer

You're supposed to invite them out here, pay to ship their wine, and invite us all over!

Winedavid39

quality posts: 204 Private Messages Winedavid39

Guest Blogger

rc70 wrote:Thanks for posting this, I would think I might get an email from Woot regarding something like this however apparently purchasing 520 bottles in 2013 and 32 so far this year does not make me worthy.
On the plus side it made me look back and count up how much I had purchased in wine and other items and realize woot gets way to much of my money or I should say did.

This email offer mainly went to previous Ardente purchasers. I take you did not partake in Ardente in the past.

It's all a pretty new campaign strategy. we appreciate your business, please don't take the email ommission otherwise.

bud8jr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bud8jr

Hello beloved Last Bottle customer!

We, unfortunately, came up short on the JKL Syrah Napa Valley 2005, and are unable to fill your order. I'm so very sorry about this. We must've had a miscount before putting the offer up. Would you like us to substitute the 2010, or do you prefer a refund or store credit for the order total? Again, we deeply apologize for the shortage.

Could not find much on the 2005 or 10. At $22 per btl for the 2005, Im guessing the qpr would be greater as credit.

Any thoughts?

tytiger58

bud8jr wrote:Hello beloved Last Bottle customer!

We, unfortunately, came up short on the JKL Syrah Napa Valley 2005, and are unable to fill your order. I'm so very sorry about this. We must've had a miscount before putting the offer up. Would you like us to substitute the 2010, or do you prefer a refund or store credit for the order total? Again, we deeply apologize for the shortage.

Could not find much on the 2005 or 10. At $22 per btl for the 2005, Im guessing the qpr would be greater as credit.

Any thoughts?

Credit

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson
bud8jr wrote:Hello beloved Last Bottle customer!

Any thoughts?

Refund plus a $10 credit for the inconvenience.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
jmdavidson wrote:Refund plus a $10 credit for the inconvenience.

...and a nice Hawaiian Punch!

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20
cortot20 wrote:The local one by my office was either already picked over or just had a bad selection.
But I walked out with a few
2011 Willamette valley vineyards PG for 3.99
2010 michael David petit petite sirah for 5.99
2011 Hahn bone shaker zin. For 9.99

I grabbed 3 more of the boneshaker, I thought it was a perfect party wine if given some time to sit open for an hour or two pre party.

CT

kylemittskus

If you have a Grocery Outlet (whatever it is) by you, they might have a 2008 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva in a mag for $21. Sounds like it's a BUY if you can find it.

chipgreen

quality posts: 195 Private Messages chipgreen
kylemittskus wrote:If you have a Grocery Outlet (whatever it is) by you, they might have a 2008 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva in a mag for $21. Sounds like it's a BUY if you can find it.

Nice, I paid almost that much for the 750ml of the '07 ($16.99 + shipping).

bsevern

Interesting Spring Mt cab vertical on LB, but seems like the 2000 they added with the 2005 & 2007 is a bit of a ringer.

kylemittskus

bsevern wrote:Interesting Spring Mt cab vertical on LB, but seems like the 2000 they added with the 2005 & 2007 is a bit of a ringer.

Paging Fred. Fred, come in. This is a pretty cool offer, IMO.

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
kylemittskus wrote:If you have a Grocery Outlet (whatever it is) by you, they might have a 2008 Monsanto Chianti Classico Riserva in a mag for $21. Sounds like it's a BUY if you can find it.

Monsanto? Are the grapes GMO?

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

cmaldoon

This one is for Tytiger-

One of the big wine conglomerates is having their bi-yearly friends and family wine sale. I picked up a mixed case of penfolds wine. 4 each of RWT, St. Henri, and some Shiraz/cab plonk. $336+tax! free shipping. Ends up being $55/ RWT, $37/ St Henri, and 4 free bottles of party wine as I see it.

As a reference, I don't think I have seen RWT for under $100 recently before tax and shipping. The St Henri is $65+.

Don't worry Ty, I still want to come down and share your RWT too.

Anyone interested can PM me for a referral.

Also interested in possibly splitting a case of 2009 Beringer PR at $61/bottle shipped

My Cellar

klezman

If I were buying right now, Clinton, I'd be in

kainers

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kainers
cmaldoon wrote:This one is for Tytiger-

One of the big wine conglomerates is having their bi-yearly friends and family wine sale. I picked up a mixed case of penfolds wine. 4 each of RWT, St. Henri, and some Shiraz/cab plonk. $336+tax! free shipping. Ends up being $55/ RWT, $37/ St Henri, and 4 free bottles of party wine as I see it.

As a reference, I don't think I have seen RWT for under $100 recently before tax and shipping. The St Henri is $65+.

Also interested in possibly splitting a case of 2009 Beringer PR at $61/bottle shipped

I am interested, but can't seem to pm.
Could you please send that info my way. Thank you !

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill

Iron Horse 2007 Brut Rose on Invino for a reasonable price.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

klezman

merbill wrote:Iron Horse 2007 Brut Rose on Invino for a reasonable price.

Beaten to the punch!

If anybody isn't a member yet, PM me for a r̶e̶f̶e̶r̶r̶a̶l̶ link.

tytiger58

cmaldoon wrote:This one is for Tytiger-

Nice! what year are the RWT's? According to ct fwiw my 06 has just entered into it's drinking window! So now would be a good time too head south

cmaldoon

tytiger58 wrote:Nice! what year are the RWT's? According to ct fwiw my 06 has just entered into it's drinking window! So now would be a good time too head south

2008 on the RWT, 2009 on the st henri

Per the publications, the 2006 and 2008 are very very similar, the only disagreement being RP 95('06) vs 93+ ('08) with comperable notes across the board.

The St Henri is supposedly the opposite expression, almost devoid of oak. Supposedly stunning and graceful.

I look forward to sharing all 3!

My Cellar

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

more wine on ruelala... some interesting Italian sets:

2003-2006 Tabarrini Montefalco Sagrantino Colle Grimaldesco, Montefalco: 3 Bottles
The 2003 Tabarrini received 90 points, the 2005 received 92 points, and the 2006 received 91 and 92 points.

2005-2008 90+ Point Italian Red Sampler Pack: 3 Bottles
The 2005 Tabarrini received 92 points, the 2007 Socre Barbaresco received 90 points, and the 2008 Feudo received 91 points

2006-2007 Fontanabianca Barbaresco Sori Burdin: 2 Bottles
The 2007 Fontanabianca received 93 points from Robert Parker's Wine Advocate, and the 2006 received 90+ points.

and a couple other mix/match

bsevern

merbill wrote:Iron Horse 2007 Brut Rose on Invino for a reasonable price.

Anyone had this recently? Any good?