bobrush12866

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
fredrinaldi wrote:Nice Ty 4 pack on WTSO

Fred: What do you know about the Kameron wines?....Both are good years and CT scores seems to be fine, with one tasting exception, but I trust your opinion more, particularly on a Cab...lol!

bdlsmoran

quality posts: 2 Private Messages bdlsmoran

Has anyone bit on the Invino Mystery Packs? I had some credits and took a shot on the Cellar Raid red mystery 6 pack. Invino has been hit and miss for me, but I like to try new wines and hoping for a few winners.

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman

2008 Mathis Grenache on invino. Wish I was buying wine right now, since I enjoyed the 2007.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi

Anyone know this wine?
Santa Alicia Cabernet offered at wine shoppers for $99 a case and free shipping?

dah7m

quality posts: 9 Private Messages dah7m
fredrinaldi wrote:Anyone know this wine?
Santa Alicia Cabernet offered at wine shoppers for $99 a case and free shipping?

I have not had in in awhile, but I remember buying it when I was first getting into things. I suspect it would be perfectly drinkable, but it's definitely a widely available "supermarket" wine that you should be able to find in your local market under $10.

fredrinaldi

quality posts: 36 Private Messages fredrinaldi
dah7m wrote:I have not had in in awhile, but I remember buying it when I was first getting into things. I suspect it would be perfectly drinkable, but it's definitely a widely available "supermarket" wine that you should be able to find in your local market under $10.

cool, thanks

cortot20

quality posts: 152 Private Messages cortot20

Jason-Stephens estate wines at the bevmo 5 cent sale.

Cab
merlot
zin
and syrah

all at $13 a bottle.

CT

jmdavidson

quality posts: 57 Private Messages jmdavidson

TSO-P has an 07 BdM that has good CT reviews. FS with 1. Went in for three.

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz
cortot20 wrote:Jason-Stephens estate wines at the bevmo 5 cent sale.

Cab
merlot
zin
and syrah

all at $13 a bottle.

Thanks for the heads up! Been meaning to try their wines...have you had any? Notes to share? PM for you

"The older I get the better I was"

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:Thanks for the heads up! Been meaning to try their wines...have you had any? Notes to share? PM for you

I have had the zin.
2/9/2013
Clear and garnet colored, nose is raspberry jam and blueberries but is somewhat muted. Palate explodes with jammy red fruit body and finish are both medium. The finish has some heat but is not unpleasant. This is a sipper not a food wine, the alcohol does sneak up you though.

This time I bought the Syrah and I'll probably pop one tomorrow night to see if I want more .

CT

losthighwayz

quality posts: 59 Private Messages losthighwayz

Walked into a Fresh and. Easy for a quick dinner and walked off with $98 mixed case of wine! If you are in. So cal i suggest you visit your local F&E. I believe they are getting ready to sell the company and are downsizing theor wine selection. This is what I got:

4 bottles of 2010 michael david Petite Petit for $5.99 each
4 bottles of St Supery sauv blanc for $5.99 each
2 bottles of 2010 Simi Merlot for $8.49 each
1 bottle of 2010 Qupe Syrah for $5.99
1 bottle of louis jadot PNn for $9.99
1 bottle of 2010 Kris Heart. Rosso italian red wine for $5.99

"The older I get the better I was"

fifisoda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fifisoda

Holy cow! I'm in Florida so I guess I won't be able to get in on that deal.

chipgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages chipgreen
losthighwayz wrote:Walked into a Fresh and. Easy for a quick dinner and walked off with $98 mixed case of wine! If you are in. So cal i suggest you visit your local F&E. I believe they are getting ready to sell the company and are downsizing theor wine selection. This is what I got:

Wow, what a score!

redwinefan

quality posts: 74 Private Messages redwinefan

Ty Caton Big Hill CS up on Last Bottle for $20, free shipping on 4.

How as Ty's 2011 vintage? I know it was rocky for some.

"You need to invest in a corkscrew. Wine is for drinking." -- Peter Wellington

rjquillin

quality posts: 179 Private Messages rjquillin
redwinefan wrote:Ty Caton Big Hill CS up on Last Bottle for $20, free shipping on 4.

Wondering the same. Sold out on Ty's site.

CT

bsevern

quality posts: 110 Private Messages bsevern
redwinefan wrote:Ty Caton Big Hill CS up on Last Bottle for $20, free shipping on 4.

Was just looking at that. Scott said at the dinner party last Saturday that there would be a lot of bad 2011's, but the good ones, would be really good. Hmmm...

randysanders

quality posts: 5 Private Messages randysanders
rjquillin wrote:Wondering the same. Sold out on Ty's site.

Ty for $20/bottle! How can you go wrong?
Thank you so much for the heads up.

kaolis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages kaolis

That was the 3rd Ty Caton deal in the last couple of weeks, all 2011, all 20 bucks... Terraces, Big Hill, Little Hill.

Grabbed the Terraces. Might have grabbed the others had I seen them. Mentioned this before but I think many of the '11 wines will be for drinking earlier rather than later while you're waiting on other stuff in your cellar.

rjquillin

Anyone up for a case split of some 2009 Andrea Oberto Barolo from WL to get the price down to $20 from $30?

CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus
rjquillin wrote:Anyone up for a case split of some 2009 Andrea Oberto Barolo from WL to get the price down to $20 from $30?

Sweet deal. I am not buying wine for a couple months, though. I need to drink down my stash and I'm pretty sure I'm buying a new first edition. :/

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

rjquillin

kylemittskus wrote:Sweet deal. I am not buying wine for a couple months, though. I need to drink down my stash and I'm pretty sure I'm buying a new first edition. :/

We ~could~ delay shipment..
Coffee not yet kicked in; what's a "first edition"?
I mostly buy used cars.

Tiger, Klez, even sparky?

CT

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
rjquillin wrote:We ~could~ delay shipment..
Coffee not yet kicked in; what's a "first edition"?
I mostly buy used cars.

Tiger, Klez, even sparky?

Loved the two vintages I have tried from them...I would take 2 to 4 bottles.

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

rjquillin

tytiger58 wrote:Loved the two vintages I have tried from them...I would take 2 to 4 bottles.

So we need funding for four more bottles, minimum...
This is a today only deal if I understand correctly.

CT

rjquillin

kaolis wrote:That was the 3rd Ty Caton deal in the last couple of weeks, all 2011, all 20 bucks... Terraces, Big Hill, Little Hill.

Now #4.
Ty Caton Sonoma Valley Cabernet 2011 on 'tso for $20.

CT

klezman

quality posts: 127 Private Messages klezman
rjquillin wrote:So we need funding for four more bottles, minimum...
This is a today only deal if I understand correctly.

It's Barolo, but I came back with almost 3 cases from this weekend. But more Barolo would be great, especially of the early drinking variety. But I also need to pick up Wellington and Musar. And then not buy again for a while. Hmmm.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

rjquillin

klezman wrote:But I also need to pick up Wellington and Musar. And then not buy again for a while. Hmmm.

Some could reside in LTOSS here for a bit, if that helps.

CT

envirosw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages envirosw
rjquillin wrote:Others also get the Woot! RBW email only offer?

The good news is, this case of Raised by Wolves Bad Moon Rising blend is only $174.99!

Has anyone who ordered this received their wine? I received a tracking number, but FedEx is only showing the shipment as "Initiated" with shipment information sent to FedEx on 2/20.

rjquillin

envirosw wrote:Has anyone who ordered this received their wine? I received a tracking number, but FedEx is only showing the shipment as "Initiated" with shipment information sent to FedEx on 2/20.

Depending on your location and Wx, I'd not yet be worried.
Fro-zin is not a good thing, unless from Meeker.

CT

envirosw

rjquillin wrote:Depending on your location and Wx, I'd not yet be worried.
Fro-zin is not a good thing, unless from Meeker.

I'm on the left coast, and except for a little of the wet stuff last week weather's been good...

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Eagles Trace Cabernet Conn Valley 2008 for 29.99 on WTSO platinum. FS on 1.

cortot20

losthighwayz wrote:Walked into a Fresh and. Easy for a quick dinner and walked off with $98 mixed case of wine! If you are in. So cal i suggest you visit your local F&E. I believe they are getting ready to sell the company and are downsizing theor wine selection. This is what I got:

The local one by my office was either already picked over or just had a bad selection.
But I walked out with a few
2011 Willamette valley vineyards PG for 3.99
2010 michael David petit petite sirah for 5.99
2011 Hahn bone shaker zin. For 9.99

CT

kylemittskus

envirosw wrote:I'm on the left coast, and except for a little of the wet stuff last week weather's been good...

Where are you? RJ's in SD and there's a large group of us in the LA area and a bunch if weirdos up north.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
kylemittskus wrote:Where are you? RJ's in SD and there's a large group of us in the LA area and a bunch if weirdos up north.

I resemble that remark. I also need to find a time to come share a bottle with you and all the LA folks

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

kylemittskus

cmaldoon wrote:I resemble that remark. I also need to find a time to come share a bottle with you and all the LA folks

If you, or any of your brethren, make it down here, many a' bottles will be laid to waste.

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58
cmaldoon wrote:I resemble that remark. I also need to find a time to come share a bottle with you and all the LA folks

Talk is cheap just do it, besides I have an RWT thats starting to burn a hole in my cellar

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

envirosw

kylemittskus wrote:Where are you? RJ's in SD and there's a large group of us in the LA area and a bunch if weirdos up north.

I'm in Ventura. Fairly weird, but not too extreme.

rjquillin

There is a reason to read woot! email
2003 & 2004 Ardente

CT

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
rjquillin wrote:There is a reason to read woot! email
2003 & 2004 Ardente

Almost $15/bottle tax and shipped for a split? Doesn't seem like much of a deal unless you prefer splits. Although I may be negatively biased since I always drink more than 375mL.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:Almost $15/bottle tax and shipped for a split? Doesn't seem like much of a deal unless you prefer splits. Although I may be negatively biased since I always drink more than 375mL.

The benefit to splits that I find is that they age faster. These are likely in prime drinking or if anything getting on in age based on past experience with Ardente.

For splits I usually assume age = standard age*1.4. That pus these bottles at perfect drinking NOW if you like 15 year old cabs as I do.

(...as if I could tell the difference between 1.4 and 1.5... My brain just likes thinking of it as sqrt(2))

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

trifecta

quality posts: 73 Private Messages trifecta
cmaldoon wrote:The benefit to splits that I find is that they age faster. These are likely in prime drinking or if anything getting on in age based on past experience with Ardente.

For splits I usually assume age = standard age*1.4. That pus these bottles at perfect drinking NOW if you like 15 year old cabs as I do.

(...as if I could tell the difference between 1.4 and 1.5... My brain just likes thinking of it as sqrt(2))

I would concede that they probably age faster, but the degree to which is a total WAG.

We should pick Clark's brain on this in a few weeks, because I have heard many strong opinions from winemakers about what the contributing factors to aging are.

And to make this post still somewhat appropriate for the category:

Silver Bell
Saint-Emilion
Grand Cru 2009
By Hubert de Bouard for $25. MSRP of $100.
Free Shipping on 3 or more
Good vintage and I am intrigued. Any bay area folks want to try one?

EDIT: If you have a copy of Clark's book it looks like it has a couple chapters addressing the chemistry of aging wine. Also came up during his stint as the guest on wb.