WootBot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Chaucer's Cellars Sweet Wine

What wines would you take to a desserted island? No, not an island full of sand, that's where people go to listen to records. We're talking about an island covered in puddings and cakes and pies and pastries! You know, the sort of place where you'd need a bottle of wine? Like those we're selling today?
Chaucer's Cellars official site

Facebook

Quality Posts

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz

Hey, it's Chaucer time!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Anyone have any experience with their fruit wines? I've had the mead before and not a huge fan of it, but the fruit wines still seem interesting.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

Cesare

quality posts: 1587 Private Messages Cesare

Chaucer's Cellars Sweet Wine

Chaucer's Mead 4-Pack
$39.99 (Normally $60.00) 33% off List Price
Chaucer's Mead 750ml 4-Pack

Chaucer's Raspberry Mead 4-Pack
Raspberry Mead 500ml 4-Pack

Chaucer's Mead Mixed Set 4-Pack
Chaucer's Mead 750ml 2-Pack
Raspberry Mead 500ml 2-Pack

Chaucer's Fruit Wines 4-Pack
Blackberry Wine 500ml
Pomegranate Wine 500ml
Raspberry Wine 500ml
Apricot Wine 500ml

Chaucer's Cellars Sweet Wine 6-Pack
$59.99 (Normally $80.00) 25% off List Price
Pomegranate Wine 500ml
Blackberry Wine 500ml
Raspberry Wine 500ml
Raspberry Mead 500ml
Apricot Wine 500ml
Chaucer's Mead 750ml

Previous offers:
1/13/11
2/12/09
2/18/08
11/19/07

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bkarlan

quality posts: 46 Private Messages bkarlan

My offer still stands. If anyone in Albuquerque wants to try their mead, I have 3 bottles they can have for FREE. (assuming you are of legal age), I do not like the stuff.

I had one inquiry thru pm, but they never got back in touch with me.

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
bkarlan wrote:My offer still stands. If anyone in Albuquerque wants to try their mead, I have 3 bottles they can have for FREE. (assuming you are of legal age), I do not like the stuff.

Donate to your local homeless man.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20
kylemittskus wrote:Donate to your local homeless man.

And risk the bottle getting chucked back at your car. No way!

CT

lqotw

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lqotw

Geez, wishing I lived near Albuquerque!!

bkarlan wrote:My offer still stands. If anyone in Albuquerque wants to try their mead, I have 3 bottles they can have for FREE. (assuming you are of legal age), I do not like the stuff.

LQOTW
(If only she'd use her Powers for Good)

bkarlan

lqotw wrote:Geez, wishing I lived near Albuquerque!!

I know, who would have thought it would be this hard to I've wooters free booze

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse..." - John Stuart Mill

ViolaineGray

quality posts: 10 Private Messages ViolaineGray

I've got a friend in Albuquerque. I'm sending her to this thread. I dunno if she's into mead, though.

I'd love to visit Albuquerque again. I didn't get time to check out the Museum of Nuclear Science & History, and that's something I definitely need to do, along with eating more green chile. ;)

---
Turn your scars into stars.

cjricearoni

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cjricearoni

Ooh ooh! Pick me! I'm the friend that the poster above mentioned. I love mead and I'm in ABQ. How would you like to coordinate?

darkmstr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages darkmstr

I "might" give this to someone Ididn't know who has never had mead before, mainly due ti the price.
If it was someone I actually liked, I'd steer them toward something else, like Redstone or Rocky Mountain.

In the Ren scene, we call chaucer's hipster mead, because it is roughly equivalent to PBR.

bkarlan

cjricearoni wrote:Ooh ooh! Pick me! I'm the friend that the poster above mentioned. I love mead and I'm in ABQ. How would you like to coordinate?

Send me a private message. There is an envelope icon above where it says page 1. Click there and send me a message so we don't fill this page up with our personal info. We can work it out that way.

agingdragqueen

quality posts: 119 Private Messages agingdragqueen

Staff

I'm going to be trying out the big pretty ol mixed pack. We've been selling these guys for so long, and there are always mixed opinions. I owe it to myself, to Woot, to try these out.

bkarlan

The mead has been passed along. Enjoy CJ

Jixiar

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Jixiar

Ooooh, this is good stuff! I've been a fan of Chaucer's Mead for a while now, but it's been so darn hard to find!

This is a sweet mead, not dry, so it might not be to the taste of many wine connoisseurs. There are dry meads, brewed with champagne yeasts, but I'm not partial to those at all.

This mead is best served ice cold after dessert, or mulled with a spice bag on a bitterly cold night. It's not sophisticated, but it's just the thing when you want a sweet, alcoholic treat, but don't want to pull out the brandy or cognac.

Kiashien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Kiashien

Chaucer's is low-end mead.

People who love mead think its awful. People who haven't had mead, try it with their little spice packet for mulling, and go "Hey, this is pretty neat."

Mulled mead is good, and Chaucers mulled mead is okay.

Good mead made for mulling is awesome, and is very rare. Mulling literally exists to make ok mead tasty- and to be a neato winter drink.

As for their fruit meads, they're mediocre. They're not amazing, but they're not undrinkable. Basically, they're slightly fruity sugary wine. It's nothing fancy though, and has no depth to it.

So, if you haven't tried mead before, or are okay with a "Okay" taste profile, go for it. But even if you don't like it, remember that it's not good mead. I literally haven't met someone who didn't like GOOD mead. I've met plenty of people who can't drink Chaucer's anything but mulled.

rjsdad

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rjsdad

I've been brewing my own mead. Mine always comes out way too sweet (I think I use too much honey and too much fruit - albeit moreso a melomel than a true "mead") but it is very very very drinkable and will put you on your bottom after 2 or 3 glasses.

I have only had traditional commercial mead once or twice before, so I'm excited to try some more and compare.

RobinBobcat

quality posts: 41 Private Messages RobinBobcat

Ahh, Chaucer's.

It's decent mead, IMHO. It doesn't hold a candle to homebrewed, but it's tasty, tasty stuff.

Bear in mind, mead isn't like a typical wime. Fermented honey. If you're expecting something more wine-ish, it may taste weird. It's VERY sweet, but also nice and refreshing with desserts.

Meow

Go Squarryls!

kurbykirby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kurbykirby

It is a cheep mead and tastes like it, but for 10 bucks a bottle you could do worse.