trifecta

quality posts: 72 Private Messages trifecta

Received confirmation from Lucas Meeker. At a minimum he will have his Pinot's, a Syrah, and a Library Merlot ready for us. Should be great.

Tassadar2k03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tassadar2k03

Still have room? random122 and I would like to join.

trifecta

Tassadar2k03 wrote:Still have room? random122 and I would like to join.

Of course! As we get into next week we can start talking carpools as well.

CAgirl, can you add them to the initial post?

chemvictim

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chemvictim

If there is still room, please add me +1 to the "maybe" list. Depends on how work is going.

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
trifecta wrote:Of course! As we get into next week we can start talking carpools as well.

CAgirl, can you add them to the initial post?

Updated the list! And I'll also update it with what dishes we'll be bringing to the lunch potluck.

trifecta

How many folks from the South Bay are interested in setting up carpools?

I was halfway considering renting a minivan to cut down on drivers and gas. If not, I will have two seats in my car (santa clara).

CAGrl

So I've updated with possible dishes we'll be bringing. bsevern, do you want to make the cupcakes or should I? I don't care but I need to know so I can have a bottle of the port on hand to use. And to go grocery shopping sometime this week.

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:How many folks from the South Bay are interested in setting up carpools?

I was halfway considering renting a minivan to cut down on drivers and gas. If not, I will have two seats in my car (santa clara).

Well, we're in Palo Alto. Who else is down in San Jose/Santa Clara/Sunnyvale?

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern
trifecta wrote:How many folks from the South Bay are interested in setting up carpools?

If I could hitch a ride with you, I'd appreciate it. Happy to help with gas, and such

bsevern

CAGrl wrote:So I've updated with possible dishes we'll be bringing. bsevern, do you want to make the cupcakes or should I? I don't care but I need to know so I can have a bottle of the port on hand to use. And to go grocery shopping sometime this week.

J I'll be happy to give the cupcakes a shot....no promises they'll be anything like the ones we had though

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:J I'll be happy to give the cupcakes a shot....no promises they'll be anything like the ones we had though

Cool. I will do veg kabobs probably. Shrimp is still a maybe. Depends on when I can go shopping.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:If I could hitch a ride with you, I'd appreciate it. Happy to help with gas, and such

Okay, sounds good. We have a full car with Ajrod and yourself. The three of us can swing by and pick you up. Just pm me your address or where you would like to meet.

Car #1:
trifecta
trifecta +1
ajrod27
bsevern

CAgrl - Still figuring out a dish to share. Will update you in a day or two.

I think random123, Tassadar, and caldoon are in the south bay so maybe another potential carpool available.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon
trifecta wrote:Okay, sounds good. We have a full car with Ajrod and yourself. The three of us can swing by and pick you up. Just pm me your address or where you would like to meet.

Car #1:
trifecta
trifecta +1
ajrod27
bsevern

CAgrl - Still figuring out a dish to share. Will update you in a day or two.

I think random123, Tassadar, and caldoon are in the south bay so maybe another potential carpool available.

*Sighs* work kept delaying and will now crash directly into next weekend. I'm out guys. I guess it's a small consolation that ill be making money rather than spending it.

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker

Double sigh...I actually thought about finding a way to sneak my wife and me in to this but both of our work schedules are insane right now. I miss the No Cal wooters and the Wellington!!!!

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

klezman

quality posts: 121 Private Messages klezman
javadrinker wrote:Double sigh...I actually thought about finding a way to sneak my wife and me in to this but both of our work schedules are insane right now. I miss the No Cal wooters and the Wellington!!!!

Let's a) do something in LA soon, and b) take over NorCal again soon! Plus I'd love to meet your wife.

2014: 28 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Red Re-Mix
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

Tassadar2k03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Tassadar2k03

Did anyone see the event on the same day at Muscardini Cellars & Ty Caton Vineyards?

=http://muscardinicellars.com/events.html

trifecta

Tassadar2k03 wrote:Did anyone see the event on the same day at Muscardini Cellars & Ty Caton Vineyards?

=http://muscardinicellars.com/events.html

Yep. Tenuki brought it to our attention. Most us us didn't want to do a wine party after 4 tasting stops. We voted for dinner at the fig instead. However, post Wellington could also be a split for some folks to do the party.

Glad you can make it out on Saturday!

CAGrl

Help!!! Anybody have the pedroncelli cupcake recipe? Can't find it!

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:Help!!! Anybody have the pedroncelli cupcake recipe? Can't find it!

Yield about 36 - 2” cupcakes.

By Maureen Davison

Note: This is an adaptation of Tartin Bakery’s Chocolate Chiffon Cake

Cupcakes

Ingredients:

Preheat oven to 325 F.

Sift:
½ cup + 6 Tbl. all-purpose flour
¼ cup cocoa, unsweetened

Mix in:
¾ cup granulated sugar
1tsp. baking powder
3/8 tsp salt

Mix in:
¼ cup melted unsalted butter
3 egg yolks
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup J. Pedroncelli Port

Beat to soft peaks:
5 egg whites (2/3 cup)
Pinch crème tartar
2 Tbl. sugar

Fold into flour-egg mixture.

Preparation:
Pour into paper-lined mini muffin/cupcake pans and bake about 15 min or until springs back when touched.
Remove from oven & cool.

Port Ganache Frosting

Ingredients:

Reduce to 2 tablespoons:
1 cup J. Pedroncelli Port

Melt over bain marie (water bath):
6 oz. semi sweet chocolate
Stir to combine. ½ cup heavy cream
2 Tbl. Pedroncelli Port

Add: 2 Tbl reduced port

Preparation:

Let cool until spreading or piping consistency. Then decorate away.

Serve With:
Port

chemvictim

Update: we're in for the after-lunch portion for sure, but waffling a little on the morning stuff 'cause we have a long drive.

JOATMON

quality posts: 19 Private Messages JOATMON

Looks like we can't make it. But was wondering if someone could pick up the case we have on hold at Wellington?

Juvie: 30+24+4; Sellout: 6+7+0
Rags: 3+2+3
Drunk: 69+94+15 wine, 20+29+4 non-wine
Rugrat: 0+0+0; Refunded: 2+3+1
(as of 2011-03-02)

trifecta

JOATMON wrote:Looks like we can't make it. But was wondering if someone could pick up the case we have on hold at Wellington?

I could pick it up for you. I have room in the cellar for it. I am in the south bay if that works for you. Just let me know. Not sure where you are located.

chemvictim

Did someone say that Girl and the Fig doesn't take reservations, and that we're going to stand in line? I've never been there but just checking, since it is showing up on open table.

trifecta

chemvictim wrote:Did someone say that Girl and the Fig doesn't take reservations, and that we're going to stand in line? I've never been there but just checking, since it is showing up on open table.

I am pretty sure they are two different restaurants. It's the Fig Cafe and the last time we were there it was just a line, no reservations.

chemvictim

trifecta wrote:I am pretty sure they are two different restaurants. It's the Fig Cafe and the last time we were there it was just a line, no reservations.

Okay, I see! I don't know where I came up with Girl and the Fig. Never mind. lol

ajrod27

chemvictim wrote:Okay, I see! I don't know where I came up with Girl and the Fig. Never mind. lol

The Girl and The Fig restaurant is in Sonoma. The Fig Cafe is in Glen Ellen. I believe they share the same owners but for some reason the cafe doesn't take reservations. Maybe the cafe is aimed to be less formal?

BTW, glad to see you'll be joining us!

ajrod27

trifecta wrote:Okay, sounds good. We have a full car with Ajrod and yourself. The three of us can swing by and pick you up. Just pm me your address or where you would like to meet.

Car #1:
trifecta
trifecta +1
ajrod27
bsevern

What time should I be at your house? 7:45ish?

trifecta

ajrod27 wrote:What time should I be at your house? 7:45ish?

A little earlier than that. How about 7:30?

I also started thinking about potentially how much wine will be coming back with three buyers. Thinking about space and how to keep it cool... Might switch to taking the wagon, we'll see.

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

Sorry for chiming in late! Looking forward to this. It sounds like most things are covered (thanks for planning!!), so Tassadar2k03 and I will bring some sides (any requests?). Not sure if we can make the dinner at the moment, but will let you know.

Thanks again!

JOATMON

trifecta wrote:I could pick it up for you. I have room in the cellar for it. I am in the south bay if that works for you. Just let me know. Not sure where you are located.

PM for you.

(as of 2011-03-02)

chemvictim

I talked it over with my husband and we're going to join you after lunch and miss the morning stops. I'm sure we're missing out on some good times.

We'll meet y'all at Meeker and go from there.

trifecta

chemvictim wrote:I talked it over with my husband and we're going to join you after lunch and miss the morning stops. I'm sure we're missing out on some good times.

We'll meet y'all at Meeker and go from there.

Sounds good. Be sure to go to the winery (not TR):

1308 Corporate Center Parkway in Santa Rosa, CA

It's a little tough to track down from google maps.

chemvictim

trifecta wrote:Sounds good. Be sure to go to the winery (not TR):

1308 Corporate Center Parkway in Santa Rosa, CA

It's a little tough to track down from google maps.

Oh, thanks! I would have been in the wrong place.

JOATMON

trifecta wrote:

PM (hopefully the final one this week) for you.

(as of 2011-03-02)

trifecta

Stoked for tomorrow.

We'll have a couple chicken breasts and a couple chicken sausages to throw on the grill. Also bringing cheese/crackers and a small watermelon.

I will have a cooler so ajrod and bsev can use that for consolidation. We need to keep as much room in the trunk free as we can... I think we can get 10 or so cases back there

Don't ask me how I know this...

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:Stoked for tomorrow.

We'll have a couple chicken breasts and a couple chicken sausages to throw on the grill. Also bringing cheese/crackers and a small watermelon.

I will have a cooler so ajrod and bsev can use that for consolidation. We need to keep as much room in the trunk free as we can... I think we can get 10 or so cases back there

Hahaha. Well, hubby and I will be driving his SUV so if you really need more space, we'll most likely have it.

Cupcakes are made and they're yummy. Not as good as Pedroncelli, but not bad. So excited as well! Can't wait to see people and meet new people as well.

neilfindswine

quality posts: 170 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

CAGrl wrote:Hahaha. Well, hubby and I will be driving his SUV so if you really need more space, we'll most likely have it.

Cupcakes are made and they're yummy. Not as good as Pedroncelli, but not bad. So excited as well! Can't wait to see people and meet new people as well.

...going to stop by and say 'hello' to y'all in the AM; I won't be able to last the whole day, but I'm looking forward to a Woot Saturday AM...

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

You guys have a great and safe time tomorrow. I'm jealous.

CT

bsevern

trifecta wrote:Stoked for tomorrow.

We're going to have a great time!

I'm glad you're bringing an ice chest, as I have chicken kabobs marinating right now, but will need to keep them cool until it's BBQ time

BTW I sent you a PM asking if you were bring a cooler before I saw this post, so you can ignore it - lol

See you in the morning!

bsevern

trifecta wrote:A little earlier than that. How about 7:30?

I also started thinking about potentially how much wine will be coming back with three buyers. Thinking about space and how to keep it cool... Might switch to taking the wagon, we'll see.

I'm trying to keep my purchases down, I do not plan to purchase more then a case, I'm out of room