trifecta

quality posts: 69 Private Messages trifecta
CAGrl wrote:I third this. So should we do meeker before inspirations or after super Sonoman? Guess it depend when people want to eat.

How about after SS/lunch? This would put a couple more hours between lunch and dinner.

Are we brown bagging for lunch?

ajrod27

quality posts: 41 Private Messages ajrod27
CAGrl wrote:I third this. So should we do meeker before inspirations or after super Sonoman? Guess it depend when people want to eat.

Since we've already given superwineguy a draft schedule showing his winery at around noon, I think we should put Meeker after Super Sonoman to be consistent. The second schedule trifecta proposed looks good.

Location, Start - End
Inspiration, 10AM - 11:30AM
Super Sonoman, 11:30PM - 1:15PM incl lunch
Meeker, 1:30PM - 2:45PM
Wellington, 3:30PM - 5PM
Fig Café, opens at 5:30PM

trifecta

ajrod27 wrote:Since we've already given superwineguy a draft schedule showing his winery at around noon, I think we should put Meeker after Super Sonoman to be consistent. The second schedule trifecta proposed looks good.

Location, Start - End
Inspiration, 10AM - 11:30AM
Super Sonoman, 11:30PM - 1:15PM incl lunch
Meeker, 1:30PM - 2:45PM
Wellington, 3:30PM - 5PM
Fig Café, opens at 5:30PM

If we need more time at SS we can could also extend that and shorten wellington. Sounds like SS had a grill handy, so we could always try to pack some food to cook up too.

superwineguy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages superwineguy
trifecta wrote:If we need more time at SS we can could also extend that and shorten wellington. Sounds like SS had a grill handy, so we could always try to pack some food to cook up too.

We do have a grill and a full kitchen. I can bring some grub to grill up as well. we wouldn't want anyone swerving on the road ;-)

On another note I love the meeker wine. I opened a 1996 Handprint Merlot last week and was totally impressed. I thought it would be a gonner but it was still a big fleshy wine with lots a fruit and nice acidity and little blueberry and touch of chocolate, yum!

I lay a lot of wine down, properly, and that Merlot which was 16 years old... it was beautiful, Plus Charlie and Molly are awesome people.

Does anyone else remember drinking in the Teepee?

trifecta

superwineguy wrote:We do have a grill and a full kitchen. I can bring some grub to grill up as well. we wouldn't want anyone swerving on the road ;-)

Sounds awesome!

superwineguy wrote:
On another note I love the meeker wine. I opened a 1996 Handprint Merlot last week and was totally impressed. I thought it would be a gonner but it was still a big fleshy wine with lots a fruit and nice acidity and little blueberry and touch of chocolate, yum!

I lay a lot of wine down, properly, and that Merlot which was 16 years old... it was beautiful, Plus Charlie and Molly are awesome people.

Does anyone else remember drinking in the Teepee?

I learned of Meeker too late for the teepee. Maybe they will bring it back for a member party?? Totally agree, the whole crew (Molly, Charlie, Lucas, Julia) are awesome.

You could always tag along with us to Meeker after we leave your place! Lucas has now launched his Pinot's!

superwineguy

trifecta wrote:I learned of Meeker too late for the teepee. Maybe they will bring it back for a member party?? Totally agree, the whole crew (Molly, Charlie, Lucas, Julia) are awesome.

You could always tag along with us to Meeker after we leave your place! Lucas has now launched his Pinot's!

I appreciate the offer, I haven't seen the meekers in quite a while. Unfortunately I have to be in SF that evening. If something changes I would like to tag along.

bsevern

quality posts: 109 Private Messages bsevern

Is Super Sonoman the guy that taunted (most) of us with the vintage BV Latour at WineDavids dinner party that RPM ran around teasing everyone with, telling us how great it was, and asking us to whiff his glass?

Curious minds want to know what we're dealing with here

CAGrl

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CAGrl
bsevern wrote:Is Super Sonoman the guy that taunted (most) of us with the vintage BV Latour at WineDavids dinner party that RPM ran around teasing everyone with, telling us how great it was, and asking us to whiff his glass?

Yup and it was good.

ajrod27

bsevern wrote:Is Super Sonoman the guy that taunted (most) of us with the vintage BV Latour at WineDavids dinner party that RPM ran around teasing everyone with, telling us how great it was, and asking us to whiff his glass?

It was a 1978 vintage and was excellent. I've since been stalking winebid, hoping something similar would come up at a reasonable price lol

CAGrl

cjsiege wrote:CAGrl - do you want to turn this into NorCal #12 and put a TBD on the Volcanic GTG?

Updated the title and put NorCal #12.

CAGrl

I need to update the first post with who's coming. I've got me, my +1, ajrod, trifecta, and bsevern so far for sure.

tenuki and cmaldoon I think are maybes?

bsevern

CAGrl wrote:Yup and it was good.

Tease!

bsevern

ajrod27 wrote:It was a 1978 vintage and was excellent. I've since been stalking winebid, hoping something similar would come up at a reasonable price lol

It would be awesome to have a South Bay Vintage Wine tasting event. Admission to the event, one bottle of 1997 or older Cab

superwineguy

bsevern wrote:It would be awesome to have a South Bay Vintage Wine tasting event. Admission to the event, one bottle of 1997 or older Cab

I plan on rummaging through the stash and pulling something nostalgic for the Saturday trip. I'm not sure what I'll find and I won't be able to guarantee its integrity, but I know I can find something interesting.

CAGrl

superwineguy wrote:I plan on rummaging through the stash and pulling something nostalgic for the Saturday trip. I'm not sure what I'll find and I won't be able to guarantee its integrity, but I know I can find something interesting.

Awesome!!!

So everyone, what shall we eat on Saturday? Potluck style or something else?

bsevern

superwineguy wrote:I plan on rummaging through the stash and pulling something nostalgic for the Saturday trip. I'm not sure what I'll find and I won't be able to guarantee its integrity, but I know I can find something interesting.

My comments were totally tongue and cheek....I have a very dry sense of humor, just like I like my wine.

trifecta

CAGrl wrote:I need to update the first post with who's coming. I've got me, my +1, ajrod, trifecta, and bsevern so far for sure.

You can add my +1.

trifecta

bsevern wrote:It would be awesome to have a South Bay Vintage Wine tasting event. Admission to the event, one bottle of 1997 or older Cab

I'm in. I might even share the very first vineyard specific Sonoma County cabernet. I have a few others as well.

1974 Sonoma Vineyards Alexander's Crown Cabernet Sauvignon

CAGrl

trifecta wrote:You can add my +1.

Updated properly.

superwineguy

trifecta wrote:I'm in. I might even share the very first vineyard specific Sonoma County cabernet. I have a few others as well.

1974 Sonoma Vineyards Alexander's Crown Cabernet Sauvignon

Nice work! one of, if not "the", first Rodney Strong Cabs. I don't have anything that eclectic...well done.

cmaldoon

quality posts: 62 Private Messages cmaldoon

'87 and '91 corisons in my stash and such an event would bring one out if we had 8 or more enthusiasts

edit.... I'm going to start a thread

2014 - 20 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot), Urraca Chard (10 bot)
Last purchase: 5/3/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl. 2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
My Cellar

CAGrl

cmaldoon wrote:'87 and '91 corisons in my stash and such an event would bring one out if we had 8 or more enthusiasts

edit.... I'm going to start a thread

There are a lot of people here with a good stash. I unfortunately don't have anything that nice. Does that mean I'm not invited?

cmaldoon

CAGrl wrote:There are a lot of people here with a good stash. I unfortunately don't have anything that nice. Does that mean I'm not invited?

A decent 15 year old cab doesn't cost /that/ much I watch for Raymonds on invino and you can find things occasionally at K&L and JJbuckley and artizan wine which are all local as well. Any Noble wine worth its salt will be an interesting contribution. Oh... and didn't you get old PS at Foppiano?

My Cellar

CAGrl

cmaldoon wrote:A decent 15 year old cab doesn't cost /that/ much I watch for Raymonds on invino and you can find things occasionally at K&L and JJbuckley and artizan wine which are all local as well. Any Noble wine worth its salt will be an interesting contribution. Oh... and didn't you get old PS at Foppiano?

Oooh, that's right. I can bring all 4 of the PS. It's a perfect time to open them up. Or I can make a trip to K&L.

ajrod27

CAGrl wrote:Awesome!!!

So everyone, what shall we eat on Saturday? Potluck style or something else?

Potluck style would be neat, I haven't done that in a while!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
CAGrl wrote:I need to update the first post with who's coming. I've got me, my +1, ajrod, trifecta, and bsevern so far for sure.

What about Lexie?

I'm probably in but may just hit Wellington and grab dinner. No way I'd be in Healdsburg that early, and by the time I got up there it may not be worth going.

CT

twstdvn

quality posts: 70 Private Messages twstdvn
CAGrl wrote:UPDATED: September 12, 2012

DETAILS
DATE: September 29, 2012
SCHEDULE:
1. Inspiration, 10AM - 11:30AM
2. Super Sonoman, 11:30PM - 1:15PM incl lunch
3. Meeker, 1:30PM - 2:45PM
4. Wellington, 3:30PM - 5PM
5. Fig Café, opens at 5:30PM

ATTENDEES:
1. CAGrl
2. CAGrl +1
3. trifecta
4. trifecta +1
5. ajrod27
6. bsevern

MAYBES:
1. cmaldoon
2. tenuki

REGRETS:
- anyone who misses this one!

WOW - just checking in after some crazy weeks at the winery! I feel honored to be first stop on Saturday. You guys are confirmed - and to make things more intereting, not only will I have tons-o-fruit here fermented, I'll bring in my favorite artisanal cheeses to pair with our wines.

twstdvn

CAGrl wrote:Yup and it was good.

Taunting is correct - and I thought I was Chris' friend... I totally missed it!

CAGrl

twstdvn wrote:Taunting is correct - and I thought I was Chris' friend... I totally missed it!

Walk with us to his winery after your tour and tasting. Don't want to miss out twice, do ya?

cmaldoon

I'll be a maybe (with a +1) until a few days prior to the event care of unknown work scheduling. Never know precisely when these satellites need to be shaken...... Never stirred.

I really hope to go, sounds like a blast especially given the wine makers

My Cellar

CAGrl

ajrod27 wrote:Potluck style would be neat, I haven't done that in a while!

Potluck it is then! What should we each bring? If you let me know, I can put it next to your name on the front page so we don't have duplicates. Thanks!

Oh and any dietary limitations?

ajrod27

CAGrl wrote:Potluck it is then! What should we each bring? If you let me know, I can put it next to your name on the front page so we don't have duplicates. Thanks!

Oh and any dietary limitations?

I know a couple of the people going don't eat beef or pork.

I can make an appetizer or salad, and bring plates.

Edit: How about we make it bring your own meat and a side dish to share?

trifecta

ajrod27 wrote:I know a couple of the people going don't eat beef or pork.

I can make an appetizer or salad, and bring plates.

Edit: How about we make it bring your own meat and a side dish to share?

We'll either bring chicken or fish to grill and a dish to share. I will check with the chef and find out the preferred dish to share (since I probably won't be making it). We are the no pork or beef folks, but don't plan the dish to share around that.

trifecta

superwineguy wrote:Nice work! one of, if not "the", first Rodney Strong Cabs. I don't have anything that eclectic...well done.

Thanks! I was pretty lucky no one else bid on it. I had to read up on the backstory to even know who made it. Got it relatively cheap, no seepage and base neck fill.

Looking forward to meeting you on the 29th!

CAGrl

Veg kabob and shrimp kabob are what I'm thinking of bringing. Anybody have a shellfish allergy or don't eat it? Bruschetta for an appetizer I think.

bsevern

Sounds like you guys have the entrees down (I'm good with anything - pork, beef, fish, chicken...all good

I could bring a nice wine friendly desert? Or ?

ajrod27

bsevern wrote:
I could bring a nice wine friendly desert? Or ?

Port ganache cupcakes! Pedroncelli released the recipe from the RPM tour

bsevern

ajrod27 wrote:Port ganache cupcakes! Pedroncelli released the recipe from the RPM tour

Ohhhh...yes they were to die for....but I don't know that I'm a pastry chef.

I'll look at the recipe...mine might not be exactly like the ones from Pedroncelli

CAGrl

bsevern wrote:Ohhhh...yes they were to die for....but I don't know that I'm a pastry chef.

I'll look at the recipe...mine might not be exactly like the ones from Pedroncelli

hahaha. I can cook the dessert then. I am a girl and I love to bake!!!

twstdvn

CAGrl wrote:Walk with us to his winery after your tour and tasting. Don't want to miss out twice, do ya?

Good idea - and everyone needs a break now and then... ;)