MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 188 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Okay, fun facts for this week ... Everyone in the Animal House (the best teams!) Division are all on a 1 game winning streak. And all the Princess teams (okay, the Princess Bride Division teams) are all on a 1 game losing streak.

Also, each division now has the exact same Win/Loss/Tie spread. Top team is 4-1, 3 teams at 3-2, and 2 teams at 1-4.

Edit: Me!

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, looks like Grape Apes and I each finally got a win.

Yes, we did! Now in a cruel twist of fate we have to face each other this week. May the 2nd worst team win!

chipgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages chipgreen
tytiger58 wrote:Not happy I did not switch my kicker on his bye week

You don't need no steenkin' kicker! Or Defense.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

I stopped paying attention after the early games as that was most of my players. Didn't even check after that until today to set this week's line. And somehow I won? Really? with 70 points and 2 starters scoring 0? (ok, one guy scored 0.4)

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:Yes, we did! Now in a cruel twist of fate we have to face each other this week. May the 2nd worst team win!

Thanks! I will. And nice to know I played the optimal team. Still would have won by .52 points if we both played optimal this week.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

This week was my throwaway week with both of my QBs on Bye and no available starter. Biodynamics gets the easy W.

polarbear22

quality posts: 35 Private Messages polarbear22

I had a large number of my better players on bye. Not favored in my match up. Then I get an extra 20 points out of a WR and 15 from an RB. Absent a 50 point performance from my opponent's RB tonight, I think I won. And so far, I did not lose any players this week.

What a year.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

pengu1n wrote:This week was my throwaway week with both of my QBs on Bye and no available starter. Biodynamics gets the easy W.

Why didn't you trade one of them for one that wasn't on a Bye?

Or pick up Weeden, Ponder, or Bradford? Weeden got almost 19 points. Just him alone would have gotten you the win.

Although, I do appreciate you losing this week.

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:I had a large number of my better players on bye. Not favored in my match up. Then I get an extra 20 points out of a WR and 15 from an RB. Absent a 50 point performance from my opponent's RB tonight, I think I won. And so far, I did not lose any players this week.

What a year.

Tell me about it. Except for Starks & Gould, my bench was on bye or out. Played the Optimal Lineup again this week (Whew!), and instead of losing by 6 points (predicted points), had all but two of my players exceed their projections. And no one got injured (knock on wood!) this week, although Jones sat out the final 2 drives. But then he's my backup for Murray anyway, who will hopefully be back Sunday.

Fun Facts:

I had all but two players (TE & D) over-perform, while the Wookies had the opposite (only WR & D over projected pts).

If Josh Gordon had gotten 8 more points to put him over 20, I would have gotten the Prius Game Changer medal (start a player who scores 20 or more points when they were projected to bring in less than 5).

Not only do I have the Largest Margin of Defeat (Maulers vs. VikingBears - Week 2) at 81.44 points (this year only), I have the Smallest Margin of Defeat (Maulers vs. Columbian Ticklemice - Week 4) at 0.27 points (both this & all time).

0.27 Points!!!!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj
MarkDaSpark wrote:0.27 Points!!!!

I thought that was quite an enjoyable matchup. Amazing how perspectives can differ....

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:I thought that was quite an enjoyable matchup. Amazing how perspectives can differ....

True. Just think if the stats had changed by .30 more ....

MarkDaSpark

Son of a ....

Of all weeks for Rodgers & Gonzales to score low ... although in the other league, my son has them.

But still would have liked them to score more, since I have Brady & Gronk there. Along with a nice pickup of the Packers D! Just wish I'd picked the Miami D instead of the Jets.

pengu1n

MarkDaSpark wrote:Son of a ....

Of all weeks for Rodgers & Gonzales to score low ... although in the other league, my son has them.

But still would have liked them to score more, since I have Brady & Gronk there. Along with a nice pickup of the Packers D! Just wish I'd picked the Miami D instead of the Jets.

Since I beat you by 90 points (is that considered a beat, or a stomping?) I am not sure that a couple players would have helped.

polarbear22

pengu1n wrote:Since I beat you by 90 points (is that considered a beat, or a stomping?) I am not sure that a couple players would have helped.

So I am not the biggest blow out this week?

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

pengu1n wrote:Since I beat you by 90 points (is that considered a beat, or a stomping?) I am not sure that a couple players would have helped.

Those two were mentioned because my son had them in the other league (which I am 6-2 in), but they were indicative of my whole team.

"Every one of their nine starters scored less than their projected points." Every one!!!

I was projected at 117+ points, yet scored only 66+ points. And before you hurt yourself trying to pat yourself on the back, let's look at some fun facts:

What If

* If Grey Teeth played Maulers every week, they would be 4-4 this season.
* If they played the same schedule as Maulers, Grey Teeth would be 2-4. (Division)
* If they played the same schedule as Grey Teeth, Maulers would be 5-1. (Division)

As well as ...

Four of the five losses for Maulers this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season.

It's hard to win when your opponents have their highest score for the season. I could easily be 5-1 and you 2-4 if we had swapped schedules.

Oh, and I believe I still have the Highest Weekly Score of 181+ points (week 5).

So let's check that ego at the door .... unless you want White Zin in your Xmas Stocking!

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:So I am not the biggest blow out this week?

Nope. Pengu1n takes it, as well as the biggest blowhard this week.

pengu1n

MarkDaSpark wrote:Nope. Pengu1n takes it, as well as the biggest blowhard this week.

HAHA! I saw some of those stats and it looks like your wine.woot team is having the same type of season as my paid league team.

MarkDaSpark

Draft Day Projections:

* Draft Day Projections are based on your drafted team and the league settings at the time of your draft.

Current Projections (you might laugh):

* Current Projections are based on your current team's lineup and league settings.

So based on the Draft, I should have been around 7-2 at this point, instead of 3-6.

But I like that they think I will run the next 4 games!

MarkDaSpark

So Aaron Rodgers is on bye this week, so I pick up Ponder.

Then I get worried that Ponder (currently 17.84 points) won't do well this week, so I pick up Tannehill (5.58 points currently), hearing that Miami should do well this week.

Doh!

And is anyone else having problems with StatTracker??

Edit: Did I mention I thought about picking up Rivers (22.66 points)? Double Doh!!

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:So Aaron Rodgers is on bye this week, so I pick up Ponder.

Then I get worried that Ponder (currently 17.84 points) won't do well this week, so I pick up Tannehill (5.58 points currently), hearing that Miami should do well this week.

Doh!

And is anyone else having problems with StatTracker??

Edit: Did I mention I thought about picking up Rivers (22.66 points)? Double Doh!!

Could be worse. You could be playing Manning (Eli). In both leagues. I bet on him getting his stuff together.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Could be worse. You could be playing Manning (Eli). In both leagues. I bet on him getting his stuff together.

I was almost going to lose in my other league (where I'm 7-2) until the two TD's by the Dallas D. Return and INT TD's, Woot!!!

To a team that had Antonio Brown (Out) & Trent Richardson (Bye) on their Starting Roster (Team is 4-5, but looks like the owner forgets to check every so often, he had Spiller on a Bye one week as well.)

Sadly, his team has Drew Brees, Matt Forte, CJ Spiller, & Jason Witten on the starting roster, and Steven Jackson on the bench.

Whew! Gore just scored, which helps more. He still has Austin & Witten now, with Forte tonight, which is why I was worried until the recent scores.

MarkDaSpark

I have to post Merbill's smack talk here so everyone can enjoy it. This has to be one of the top Smacks ever!

BioDynamics: Look Rudolph, I think we're on the island of misfit quarterbacks! Watch out for polar bears!

It was in response to my Smack about PolarBear (my opponent this week) having 4 QB's on his roster: Foles, E. Manning (bye), Wilson (bye), & Cutler (may be out).

The first Smack was this (from me):

Maulers: Nice going PB ... 2 QB's on bye, with the 3rd Out. Who you gonna drop? ;)

His response was drafting Foles off the waivers.

polarbear22

MarkDaSpark wrote:I have to post Merbill's smack talk here so everyone can enjoy it. This has to be one of the top Smacks ever!

BioDynamics: Look Rudolph, I think we're on the island of misfit quarterbacks! Watch out for polar bears!

It was in response to my Smack about PolarBear (my opponent this week) having 4 QB's on his roster: Foles, E. Manning (bye), Wilson (bye), & Cutler (may be out).

The first Smack was this (from me):

Maulers: Nice going PB ... 2 QB's on bye, with the 3rd Out. Who you gonna drop? ;)

His response was drafting Foles off the waivers.

Remember "he who laughs last ..."

Yeah, probably didn't get the joke. But I still have more projected points there Sparky.

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

polarbear22 wrote:Remember "he who laughs last ..."

Yeah, probably didn't get the joke. But I still have more projected points there Sparky.

Yes, I call shenanigans!! Cause when I looked earlier at your current roster, and who was on your bench, it was still less.

But then, I'm trembling at the points Reggie got for you tonight.

joelsisk

quality posts: 10 Private Messages joelsisk

my record of 3-7 is worst in the league, but considering I have the highest points against by over 100, and have 8 weeks of scoring 20 less than projections, it's not so bad.

This week my opponent needs the Chicago D to outscore M Forte and the SF D by 13 points... I'm cautiously optimistic.

MarkDaSpark

joelsisk wrote:my record of 3-7 is worst in the league, but considering I have the highest points against by over 100, and have 8 weeks of scoring 20 less than projections, it's not so bad.

This week my opponent needs the Chicago D to outscore M Forte and the SF D by 13 points... I'm cautiously optimistic.

I keep forgetting there's 2 WW leagues!!

So fun fact ... both of my opponents this week had their optimal lineups (as did I in the WW league). Sadly, my team fell 10 points short this week (stupid Aaron Rodgers with only 16 points).

In the other league, I'm 9-2, with a 7 game win streak.

polarbear22

QB and TE doing poorly again this week. But with 33 points from my defense at this point, no worries. 3 picks, 2 fumbles and 2 TD's. Holy crap. That is like three games worth from these guys.

EDIT: OK, make it 41 points. Shut out, with 4 picks, 4 fumble recoveries, 3 sacks and 2 TD's. WOW!!

My Cellar

MarkDaSpark

Season's done. Now for some notes to discuss for next year's league.

#1) Defense/Special Teams should also get points for Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns.

#2) Waivers. Something needs to be done.

a) Switch to Continuous Waivers where Time Zone doesn't matter and you don't "save" your waiver picks.

Basically, every time you pick a player, you drop in waiver order. So no advantage in waiting to use your waiver pick.

b) Change the Waiver Priority from the current "Continuing Rolling" to Weekly rolling list based on standings. (Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings, and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.)

This would mean that teams then really need players would have first chance, yet still give other owners a chance with later waivers in the week.

Using A and B would be preferable to me.

#3) Tight Ends. Can we give a full point per reception to TE's?

pengu1n

MarkDaSpark wrote:Season's done. Now for some notes to discuss for next year's league.

#1) Defense/Special Teams should also get points for Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns.

#2) Waivers. Something needs to be done.

a) Switch to Continuous Waivers where Time Zone doesn't matter and you don't "save" your waiver picks.

Basically, every time you pick a player, you drop in waiver order. So no advantage in waiting to use your waiver pick.

b) Change the Waiver Priority from the current "Continuing Rolling" to Weekly rolling list based on standings. (Waiver claims are processed in reverse order of standings, and each successful claim moves a manager to the end of the waiver priority list.)

This would mean that teams then really need players would have first chance, yet still give other owners a chance with later waivers in the week.

Using A and B would be preferable to me.

#3) Tight Ends. Can we give a full point per reception to TE's?

Waivers? Who needs waivers? I guess I should have paid closer attention. Only 3 pickups the whole season and finished 2nd. The rolling wavers is how my other league does it. Basically reverse order of standings each week.

MarkDaSpark

pengu1n wrote:Waivers? Who needs waivers? I guess I should have paid closer attention. Only 3 pickups the whole season and finished 2nd. The rolling wavers is how my other league does it. Basically reverse order of standings each week.

Some people don't pick players who get injured.

Cedric Benson, Malcolm Floyd, Robbie Gould, Ryan Mathews, Ahmad Bradshaw, Darrius Heyward-Bey, etc.

And those waiver picks: Alfred Morris, Cecil Shorts, etc.

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Another change I'd like to see is a reduction in QB points. IIRC, 10 of the top 11 point-scorers this year were QBs - only Adrian Peterson kept it from being an all-QB top 10.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

coynedj wrote:Another change I'd like to see is a reduction in QB points. IIRC, 10 of the top 11 point-scorers this year were QBs - only Adrian Peterson kept it from being an all-QB top 10.

It's not necessarily reducing their points (only 4 pts per throwing TD), but rather increasing the others. Although normally Interceptions are -2 pts. So there is that.

I've been in leagues where we used to give bonus points for distance, both on TD's and for going over 100 yds. So we could do that for everyone other than QB's. Or maybe go a full point per reception, and maybe .5 points per run?

Adding the .5 pts this year for receptions put AP into the #5 spot, instead of being #8 (other league where no pts per reception).

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

It's early, but I renewed the league and sent out invites last week. Last year's players, please check your email if you want to rejoin (I don't remember which league number this is). There should be four spots available assuming everyone from last year re-ups, so here's the link for anyone interested: http://y.ahoo.it/sEpYFsEQ

Also, let me know if anyone wants to make any changes to the format and/or scoring. We have about three months until the first game. Tentative draft set at Wed, 9/4 at 6:30PM (Pacific time). Season starts 9/5.