MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 181 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Draft on Sunday ...

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
MarkDaSpark wrote:Draft on Sunday ...

Do we have a draft order yet? I looked but couldn't find it.

Z

MarkDaSpark

zmanonice wrote:Do we have a draft order yet? I looked but couldn't find it.

Z

Yes, HaK was moaning about it. Should be a message on the league page about it.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
MarkDaSpark wrote:Yes, HaK was moaning about it. Should be a message on the league page about it.

There's a chance I may actually be around for it, but won't know for sure until either later tonight or even tomorrow morning depending on if we're going out for the day to do anything.
Not that it'll matter much, since I've no clue whatsoever as to who to pick or when. And I have to go up against Uranus in the first week, so I'm not expecting anything good to happen that week.

And I have like the suckiest spot in the draft order too.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
zmanonice wrote:Do we have a draft order yet? I looked but couldn't find it.

Z

League 2 does, but you're in league 1, so I don't know if your commish created it yet. If not, Yahoo will about 45 min before your draft.

The way to check is to hit the Draft Central tab on the top row, then click Draft Results. There you'll find a listing of each team's draft position. If there's no teams listed, then the draft order hasn't been created yet.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

cortot20

quality posts: 136 Private Messages cortot20

at the inlaws vacation home in lake arrowhead for the weekend and the router is blocking the live draft. Not enough time to figure it out now. Go! Autodraft Go!

CT

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice
merbill wrote:... The way to check is to hit the Draft Central tab on the top row, then click Draft Results. There you'll find a listing of each team's draft position. If there's no teams listed, then the draft order hasn't been created yet.

Thanks found it. There is a message that it was created about an hour ago.

Z

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:at the inlaws vacation home in lake arrowhead for the weekend and the router is blocking the live draft. Not enough time to figure it out now. Go! Autodraft Go!

Which is why you are supposed to test it beforehand!!

And not that bad of a team. Brees, Forte, Hillis, Jennings, D. Bryant, 49er D.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Which is why you are supposed to test it beforehand!!

And not that bad of a team. Brees, Forte, Hillis, Jennings, D. Bryant, 49er D.

That's the silly thing, I knew the laptop would work fine since I already have used it for multiple drafts. I just never dreamed that a routers firewall would block the draft.

I'm happy with the team though.

CT

MarkDaSpark

First games start Wednesday ...

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

Go, Romo, go!

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

cheron98

quality posts: 123 Private Messages cheron98
MarkDaSpark wrote:Seems like we were done in a little over an hour last year. You sure Cat wouldn't let you have that much time, whilst she folds your laundry?

As it turns out, I was doing his laundry during the draft. Go figure.

I saw HitAnyKey42 on wine.woot! and clicked "I want one!"

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
cheron98 wrote:As it turns out, I was doing his laundry during the draft. Go figure.

If Sparky can predict the future now, in addition to all his other "talents", we are all in a lot of trouble.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

cortot20

merbill wrote:If Sparky can predict the future now, in addition to all his other "talents", we are all in a lot of trouble.

We're still waiting for him to learn to tie his shoes so I think your all safe.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:We're still waiting for him to learn to tie his shoes so I think your all safe.

Speaketh the lad who still drinks White Zin.

And you all forget I was #2 in the NCAA March Madness Pool this year.

chipgreen

quality posts: 185 Private Messages chipgreen

FYI, my team name has been changed from Cellar Dwellers to Grape Apes. Even though I'm only in the first league I thought it would save any confusion for those who are in both.

I'm not thrilled with my autodraft team but I don't hate it, either. I have 3 stud WRs and 0 stud RBs in case anyone wants to deal...

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:FYI, my team name has been changed from Cellar Dwellers to Grape Apes. Even though I'm only in the first league I thought it would save any confusion for those who are in both.

I'm not thrilled with my autodraft team but I don't hate it, either. I have 3 stud WRs and 0 stud RBs in case anyone wants to deal...

"checks long list of leagues" nope, I must be in the other one.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Speaketh the lad who still drinks White Zin.

And you all forget I was #2 in the NCAA March Madness Pool this year.

But I really prefer white merlot.
And that's good work sparky on the 2nd place finish.

CT

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
chipgreen wrote:FYI, my team name has been changed from Cellar Dwellers to Grape Apes. Even though I'm only in the first league I thought it would save any confusion for those who are in both.

Ah, I'd already changed to boom boom room after you mentioned it'd been your name

CT

MarkDaSpark

Son of a ... Still no scoring for Def on Kickoff/Punt Return TD's. Which is the default setting. And I could have sworn was set prior to the start.

Impeach Merbill!!!!

chipgreen

tenuki wrote:Ah, I'd already changed to boom boom room after you mentioned it'd been your name

javadrinker

quality posts: 4 Private Messages javadrinker
cortot20 wrote:But I really prefer white merlot.
And that's good work sparky on the 2nd place finish.

2nd place is just first loser.

And the path to drunken poverty continues... Java's Stash at CT

• Wine.woots: um, lost count.
  • Other woots: um, lost count too. I might have a problem.

joelsisk

quality posts: 8 Private Messages joelsisk

hadn't seen the recaps before. rather amusing. And they actually pay humans to write them for newspapers?!?

chipgreen

joelsisk wrote:hadn't seen the recaps before. rather amusing. And they actually pay humans to write them for newspapers?!?

Yeah, the recaps are pretty sweet.

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 29 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
chipgreen wrote:Yeah, the recaps are pretty sweet.

Yeah, I just read my recap. Will have to read the others later. It's a pretty cool feature.

I'm still pissed that I swapped out CJ Spiller at the last minute on Sunday. I don't know why I thought Marshawn Lynch would do better.
And my superstar Wes Welker from last year, who I ended up getting again this year, is doing absolute crap.
If only I didn't have to go up against Uranus this week, I'd probably have won.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

javadrinker

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Yeah, I just read my recap. Will have to read the others later. It's a pretty cool feature.

I'm still pissed that I swapped out CJ Spiller at the last minute on Sunday. I don't know why I thought Marshawn Lynch would do better.
And my superstar Wes Welker from last year, who I ended up getting again this year, is doing absolute crap.
If only I didn't have to go up against Uranus this week, I'd probably have won.

I get that a lot.

And I didn't even know we had recaps. That's pretty awesome. It gets better if you read it in your head like those old movie news reals.

MarkDaSpark

javadrinker wrote:I get that a lot.

And I didn't even know we had recaps. That's pretty awesome. It gets better if you read it in your head like those old movie news reals.

Except you look funny moving your lips then.

MarkDaSpark

Fracking Brees. Runs in a TD instead of tossing one to a WR. And Bradshaw goes out early with a neck injury. And fracking MVP Rodgers tanks on Thursday.

Guess I shouldn't have waved that EHP!

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki
MarkDaSpark wrote:Fracking Brees. Runs in a TD instead of tossing one to a WR. And Bradshaw goes out early with a neck injury. And fracking MVP Rodgers tanks on Thursday.

Guess I shouldn't have waved that EHP!

It's okay, starting to look like Chris Johnson was a waste of a first round draft pick, I can't even start him at RB/WR with the way the Titans are looking. Good thing my opponent isn't paying attention to his team at all, one guy out, like 3 probables or questionables ...

CT

MarkDaSpark

tenuki wrote:It's okay, starting to look like Chris Johnson was a waste of a first round draft pick, I can't even start him at RB/WR with the way the Titans are looking. Good thing my opponent isn't paying attention to his team at all, one guy out, like 3 probables or questionables ...

CJ2K was a bust for me last year, and I expect the same from him this year.

cortot20

Between my nack for bad moves this year and my underperforming high draft picks, this may not be a repeat performance. Although if I recall I had a slow start last year and made the playoff cut over mark by just a few points.

CT

MarkDaSpark

Great. Just great. I'm 0-2 here, and 2-0 in my other league. With Ahmad Bradshaw in both leagues.

MarkDaSpark

Great. Heyward-Bey goes out injured.

Only 20 points down. Yea, still have Rodgers! Boo, still have Rodgers.

javadrinker

I've got a slew of underperformers this week. Unless the Baltimore D picks up their game and Sidney Rice has an off day tomorrow, it looks like I'll be dropping to 2-1. Curses.

MarkDaSpark

Well, looks like Grape Apes and I each finally got a win.

And yet another player (Benson) of mine is injured.

On the bright side, everyone else (except for the kicker & Benson) exceeded expectations. To the tune of a 182 points!

Which I believe is the new High Score! Sadly, this probably means no where to go for my team but down.

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:Well, looks like Grape Apes and I each finally got a win.

And yet another player (Benson) of mine is injured.

On the bright side, everyone else (except for the kicker & Benson) exceeded expectations. To the tune of a 182 points!

Which I believe is the new High Score! Sadly, this probably means no where to go for my team but down.

But why against me. You could have picked any other team to demolish.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:But why against me. You could have picked any other team to demolish.

Let me refresh your memory ...

cortot20 wrote:We're still waiting for him to learn to tie his shoes so I think your all safe.

If only you hadn't butchered "you're" ...

tytiger58

quality posts: 74 Private Messages tytiger58

Not happy I did not switch my kicker on his bye week

What contemptible scoundrel stole the cork from my lunch? ~ W. C. Fields

“Freedom is something that dies unless it's used” Hunter S Thompson

cortot20

MarkDaSpark wrote:If only you hadn't butchered "you're" ...

Thank for the grammar correction. I will make sure to screw up as much grammar as I can for you're enjoyment.

CT

MarkDaSpark

cortot20 wrote:Thank for the grammar correction. I will make sure to screw up as much grammar as I can for you're enjoyment.

I expect nothing less from a 3rd grader.

Edit: "Three of the four losses for The Albino Rhino this season have come when their opponent had their highest-scoring week of the season."

Ouch!! Although to be honest, as of last week (thru 3 games):

"Of the losses Maulers has had, three were against opponents who topped their season scoring average that week."

Besides, my loss last week was by less than a point.

110.43 to 109.76