MarkDaSpark

quality posts: 169 Private Messages MarkDaSpark

Thread for discussing fantasy football 2011.

IT's that time of year. Who's in this year?

Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
MarkDaSpark wrote:Thread for discussing fantasy football 2011.

IT's that time of year. Who's in this year?

If there is room, count me in.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

IT's that time of year. Who's in this year?[/quote]

I'm in for the 4th? year!

polarbear22

quality posts: 33 Private Messages polarbear22

Count me in.

Polar bears are meant to be clever, very clever. They are the Einsteins of the bear community. - Anonymous
Please donate to the 2014 MS Bike Ride
Want to read what SonomaBouliste has to say about wine?
Ddeuddeg Cheesecake Cookbook
My Cellar

tenuki

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

I'm in, I promise I'll be more active than I am in baseball where I gave up :P

CT

chipgreen

quality posts: 153 Private Messages chipgreen

Sign me up!

coynedj

quality posts: 7 Private Messages coynedj

After narrowly missing becoming a 2-time champion, I have to be in. Gotta prove that last year was a fluke.

I started out on Burgundy but soon hit the harder stuff. Bob Dylan, Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues

How on earth did I get 7 QPs?

MarkDaSpark

Well, I reminded merbill for our league, so someone should remind the other league's commish to start it up.

*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

cortot20

quality posts: 111 Private Messages cortot20

I'm in and ready to whoop some A.

CT

cmaldoon

quality posts: 61 Private Messages cmaldoon
cortot20 wrote:I'm in a ready to whoop some A.

Have you checked with him about that? He might have issues with A.

2014 - 10 Btl. Fjellene (10 bot)
Last purchase: 3/4/14

2013 - 75 btl. 2012 - 98 btl.
2011 - 112 btl. 2010 - 30 btl.
Bungled Original Communicator 2 My Cellar

mschauber

quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

I'm personally not a fan of American football, in fact it always kills my DVR'ing of shows on Sunday night, so I'll be happy to see the season end...

But, for anyone who is going to participate, keep in mind that if you might lose interest, as some have in the baseball league, do everyone a favor and don't commit.

GO CUBS!!!!!
Go Yankees ;)

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

MarkDaSpark

mschauber wrote:I'm personally not a fan of American football, in fact it always kills my DVR'ing of shows on Sunday night, so I'll be happy to see the season end...

But, for anyone who is going to participate, keep in mind that if you might lose interest, as some have in the baseball league, do everyone a favor and don't commit.

GO CUBS!!!!!
Go Yankees ;)

Good point, but it's a LOT easier to to football than baseball or hockey. There's only one set of games for each team per week, not multiple games for each team per week like in the Hockey/Baseball/Basketball leagues.

denise4080

quality posts: 1 Private Messages denise4080

All signed up in the Wine Wooters league, I pray to do better than last year.
I won't be around for the draft, I will be on vacation w/o internet.

MarkDaSpark

denise4080 wrote:All signed up in the Wine Wooters league, I pray to do better than last year.
I won't be around for the draft, I will be on vacation w/o internet.

Umm, I don't think we've decided on when each league will draft yet. That may just be the default date, which your commish can change to a mutually agreed date.

Speaking of the drafts, perhaps the commish for each league can pop in and identify themselves?

denise4080

MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, I don't think we've decided on when each league will draft yet. That may just be the default date, which your commish can change to a mutually agreed date.

Speaking of the drafts, perhaps the commish for each league can pop in and identify themselves?

Oh, that would be great if it changed.

merbill

quality posts: 28 Private Messages merbill
MarkDaSpark wrote:Umm, I don't think we've decided on when each league will draft yet. That may just be the default date, which your commish can change to a mutually agreed date.

League 2, Return of the Wine Wooters, has been renewed. I had to set a draft date to finish the process, but that can be changed if need be. Right now I have the live draft on Sun Sep 2 at 10am PST/1pm EST, which is the normal NFL kick-off time, so we should all be available, right? The real NFL starts on Tue Sep 4.

The commish of the other league was random122, I think.

Last year I also ran a small points only league (not head-to-head). I'll be renewing that soon and posting info here for those interested. Its not a wine wooters only league, although we had several wooters participate.

Wine Wooters Part Deaux FFL Champion and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tour #2 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

chipgreen

How do we join? Can I get an invite or link? thx

MarkDaSpark

chipgreen wrote:How do we join? Can I get an invite or link? thx

You might have to wait and see if everyone from last year is re-joining. If no open slots, you might need to see if there is room available if someone else wants to join too.

zmanonice

quality posts: 21 Private Messages zmanonice

I signed up again.

Z

HitAnyKey42

quality posts: 28 Private Messages HitAnyKey42
merbill wrote:League 2, Return of the Wine Wooters, has been renewed. I had to set a draft date to finish the process, but that can be changed if need be. Right now I have the live draft on Sun Sep 2 at 10am PST/1pm EST, which is the normal NFL kick-off time, so we should all be available, right? The real NFL starts on Tue Sep 4.

Looks like I'll miss the draft.

I'll be in MI visiting my fiancee from 8/29 through 9/4 and doubt I'll have time to do a draft. Not that it'll really matter much. I'm sure I'll get stuck with a crappy team no matter what.

My Cellar
In a Glorious Marriage.Woot with cheron98
NYC Tastings

MarkDaSpark

HitAnyKey42 wrote:Looks like I'll miss the draft.

I'll be in MI visiting my fiancee from 8/29 through 9/4 and doubt I'll have time to do a draft. Not that it'll really matter much. I'm sure I'll get stuck with a crappy team no matter what.

Seems like we were done in a little over an hour last year. You sure Cat wouldn't let you have that much time, whilst she folds your laundry?

random122

quality posts: 6 Private Messages random122

hey all,

Commish for one of the leagues here (League 1?). I renewed the league a short while back (thanks to a reminder from one of the teams). If you were in it last year and want to be in the same league again, please be sure to sign up sometime relatively soon before we open it up again.

Thanks!

merbill

MarkDaSpark wrote:Seems like we were done in a little over an hour last year. You sure Cat wouldn't let you have that much time, whilst she folds your laundry?

Just a lousy hour to an hour and a half on a lazy Sunday morning. Here's an idea - have her join the league!

RPM Tour #2 Tourista

denise4080

random122 wrote:hey all,

Commish for one of the leagues here (League 1?).

Thanks!

I think that is the league I am in.
Sun Sep 2 7:30pm CDT draft?
I can't draft that day I am w/o internet from 8/30-9/9. I will be up in the northwoods and can't even get cell reception. But my team was so bad last year that maybe autodraft is a good thing? LOL
I might be able to convince the husband to get home early so I can put the players I want into play that first Sunday.

MarkDaSpark

denise4080 wrote:I think that is the league I am in.
Sun Sep 2 7:30pm CDT draft?
I can't draft that day I am w/o internet from 8/30-9/9. I will be up in the northwoods and can't even get cell reception. But my team was so bad last year that maybe autodraft is a good thing? LOL
I might be able to convince the husband to get home early so I can put the players I want into play that first Sunday.

You can go in and "tinker" with the rankings for auto-draft ahead of time. Which is good, since they are slow in pulling injured/retired /"not on any team" players from their listings.

So even if you can't make it, you can rank the players you want. Just make sure you don't end up with 4 QB's!!

denise4080

MarkDaSpark wrote:Just make sure you don't end up with 4 QB's!!

That would be my luck.

pengu1n

quality posts: 13 Private Messages pengu1n

Lost my email invite. Can the commish send that back out? Grey Teeth has been my name since this whole deal has started.
Thanks
Penguin

merbill

pengu1n wrote:Lost my email invite. Can the commish send that back out? Grey Teeth has been my name since this whole deal has started.
Thanks
Penguin

Check your PMs

RPM Tour #2 Tourista

tenuki

I can't even remember if I played last season but I checked both my e-mails and nada. When are you opening up the league to other registrations?

CT

denise4080

I don't remember how it worked last year...when do we get draft positions?

random122

I think that everyone interested in returning has already rejoined, so I'll be opening up the Wine Wooters league shortly for anyone still interested in joining. We have a few slots still open.

random122

denise4080 wrote:I don't remember how it worked last year...when do we get draft positions?

I *think* either when the teams are finalized or just right before draft time. Sorry, I don't specifically remember either.

random122

League ID#: 75228
Password: winewoot1

tenuki

random122 wrote:League ID#: 75228
Password: winewoot1

Signed up as Cellar Dwellers, but now we have an odd number

CT

random122

tenuki wrote:Signed up as Cellar Dwellers, but now we have an odd number

No worries, if we're still stuck at uneven, I can have a friend jump in. Welcome to the FF league!

joelsisk

quality posts: 5 Private Messages joelsisk
tenuki wrote:Signed up as Cellar Dwellers, but now we have an odd number

sorry, took me a while to rejoin.

Are we really having the live draft over the holiday weekend? I will not be able to join. :sad:

random122

joelsisk wrote:sorry, took me a while to rejoin.

Are we really having the live draft over the holiday weekend? I will not be able to join. :sad:

Oops. I didn't think about that when I signed up for the league, but I'm not sure if it's too late notice to change it for people. Vote on the league page and maybe we can change it to this weekend. Please let me know if you can do this weekend people.

denise4080

random122 wrote:Oops. I didn't think about that when I signed up for the league, but I'm not sure if it's too late notice to change it for people. Vote on the league page and maybe we can change it to this weekend. Please let me know if you can do this weekend people.

This Sunday would be better for me, I might miss some of it but I would miss all of it if you do it on the 2nd.
I voted.

chipgreen

random122 wrote:No worries, if we're still stuck at uneven, I can have a friend jump in. Welcome to the FF league!

Do you still need another? I was going to jump in but I'm already in merbill's league so thought I should leave the spot open for someone else. Also tenuki borrowed the "Cellar Dwellers" team name I've been using which I thought might get confusing but I could come up with a new name.

random122

chipgreen wrote:Do you still need another? I was going to jump in but I'm already in merbill's league so thought I should leave the spot open for someone else. Also tenuki borrowed the "Cellar Dwellers" team name I've been using which I thought might get confusing but I could come up with a new name.

We're even right now, but you can still join. We have 10 of 14 possible teams at the moment, so it's up to you.

It doesn't look like we'll be moving the draft up, so our draft will still be next weekend.