blakwing

quality posts: 2 Private Messages blakwing

Mine just arrived mere minutes ago.. And these are everything I expected and more..

AWESOME!

rbs1731

quality posts: 2 Private Messages rbs1731

Mine shipped on the 15th, and said arrival on the 17th. Then I look today, and it says estimated delivery August 22nd. Ugh!! I had plans for them over the weekend. And five more days, I'm going to have boiled olives! They are in Reno NV where it's high 90's, coming to FL where it's low 90's. Hope they will be okay. Anybody know if that many days of heat will spoil them?

kgrimball

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kgrimball
blakwing wrote:Mine just arrived mere minutes ago.. And these are everything I expected and more..

AWESOME!

AGREED!

macostaesquire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macostaesquire
rbs1731 wrote:Mine shipped on the 15th, and said arrival on the 17th. Then I look today, and it says estimated delivery August 22nd.

I think the choice of shipping partners is harming Woot here. Once it's in the hands of FedEx, those mush-heads are in charge. Maybe there's a reason why it is cheaper for Woot to use FedEx at all (let alone their brain-dead SmartPost service).

Mine claims to have been at my door days ago, yet I don't have the package, nor do my neighbors. I submitted a ticket to service@woot a short while ago, but don't yet have a confirmation that they've received my ticket. Hopefully, I can get a new one shipped rather than a refund.

I just hope Woot has a way to bring these types of issues to the table when they're talking bulk shipping discounts with FedEx - it's costing them money and credibility.

maeder

quality posts: 9 Private Messages maeder

8/10 Fedex notified
8/11 Woot shipment notification
8/15 picked up by Fedex
8/16 left Sacramento CA
8/16 Reno NV
8/17 N Salt Lake, UT
8/20 (today - no updates)
8/22 arrival in MD?

That's one long hot road.
Over a week on the back of a truck. Well I suppose they had to get from Greece to California first... A month and 9000 nautical miles later.
See http://www.searates.com/reference/portdistance/?country1=164&country2=200&fcity1=7956&fcity2=17960&speed=14

I just wonder when these were prepared?

mrtuba9

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mrtuba9
mrtuba9 wrote:Hey check this out from FedEx tracking:

Shipment Facts Help
Service type FedEx Ground-U.S.
Weight 9.0 lbs/4.1 kg

And from Stuff I Bought/Order Details:

Your order: Imported Pitted Greek Olive Mix
Price Quantity Subtotal
$22.99 1 $22.99

...or 2.3 kg of shipping material?

Ooops!!! 1.8 Kg. dry weight
And as others have said, not excessively salty, and rinsing them does ease that a bit. Looking forward to trying Alton's tapenade recipe!!!

60 woots, 102 items, 34x1, 7x2, 18x3 (3x3 ßÕÇ-now retired), 9 unique shirt.woot, 1 sellout.woot <--OUTDATED (except the martini ;')

elocinoco

quality posts: 1 Private Messages elocinoco
rbs1731 wrote:Hope they will be okay. Anybody know if that many days of heat will spoil them?

I was wondering the same thing.

jmtalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmtalk

Mine arrived several days ago and I also think they are everything I expected and more.. ...but, obviously I've never purchased this amount before, so what is the disc inside the container...PLEASE?? Thanks experts

blondegordon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blondegordon
jmtalk wrote:Mine arrived several days ago and I also think they are everything I expected and more.. ...but, obviously I've never purchased this amount before, so what is the disc inside the container...PLEASE?? Thanks experts

It keeps all the olives submerged in the brine so they don't dry out.

BJ022

quality posts: 3 Private Messages BJ022

Please, if you can woot, bring these back ASAP! I should have gotten 2.

NurseyC2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages NurseyC2

Same here.... they are not lasting as long as I thought they would. they remind me so much of the olives my Grandfather used to jar, they are awesome!