12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

Cesare

quality posts: 1566 Private Messages Cesare

Mani Foods Imported Pitted Greek Olive Mix
$22.99 (Normally $31.00) 26% off List Price
(1) Mani Foods Greek Olive Mix without Pits, 1.8kg (about 4lbs)

Website

Previous offers:
7/21/11
7/30/10

-il Cesare
Sole Absolute Triple
Exalted High Tastemaster Supreme
“In the entire world there are only a few sounds that bring joy to all but the most jaded. One is the murmur of a kitten purring. Another is the thwack of a well-pitched baseball hitting a perfectly swung bat. And the third is the pop of a cork being pulled from a bottle of wine.” —George Taber

bantachris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bantachris

anyone else get frustrated when you refresh the page all antsy in the pantsy to see what new wine offering Wine.Woot is offering and it's not wine?

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 548 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

bantachris wrote:anyone else get frustrated when you refresh the page all antsy in the pantsy to see what new wine offering Wine.Woot is offering and it's not wine?

Why, it must be Thursday! We almost always have yummy non-wine offers on Thursdays.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

DaveD1420

quality posts: 7 Private Messages DaveD1420
bantachris wrote:anyone else get frustrated when you refresh the page all antsy in the pantsy to see what new wine offering Wine.Woot is offering and it's not wine?

Nope, I love these olives.

cyberpenguin

quality posts: 11 Private Messages cyberpenguin

Nope, because these are incredible with red wine.

A perfect Summer dinner: good red wine, these olives, a good cheese, a good salami and some crackers.

Also works in Fall and Winter but somehow just isn't suited for Spring.

ilstu99

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ilstu99

We bought these last time and since we love olives, we bought two. It's a LOT of freakin olives. One would have been plenty. We gave an entire container away. You can only make so many muffalettas.

The quality and flavor is awesome, though...and they keep forever. Yum!

bantachris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bantachris
ThunderThighs wrote:Why, it must be Thursday! We almost always have yummy non-wine offers on Thursdays.

haha I guess I never noticed that!

joebeimon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon
ilstu99 wrote:We bought these last time and since we love olives, we bought two. It's a LOT of freakin olives. One would have been plenty. We gave an entire container away. You can only make so many muffalettas.

The quality and flavor is awesome, though...and they keep forever. Yum!

Since you have gotten them in the past.... tell me....please..... how much peppers are in them.... I really can not tolerate bell peppers and that is a real deal killer for me. 1.8 kg is a lot of olives.... but how much peppers are in there too.... thanks for a reply....anyone else?

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

morachi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages morachi

Are these whole pitted olives are are they various cut up olives in a medley?

garzac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages garzac

I bought two containers last time and I just want to say that although they are good they are a little on the salty side!

dewthedru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dewthedru
joebeimon wrote:Since you have gotten them in the past.... tell me....please..... how much peppers are in them.... I really can not tolerate bell peppers and that is a real deal killer for me. 1.8 kg is a lot of olives.... but how much peppers are in there too.... thanks for a reply....anyone else?

I don't really remember any peppers in them. But be warned, they are salty. SALTY! So much so that they had to be thrown away towards the end. And this is coming from a guy that puts extra salt on everything I eat!

soontekoh34

quality posts: 2 Private Messages soontekoh34
ThunderThighs wrote:Why, it must be Thursday! We almost always have yummy non-wine offers on Thursdays.

Anyone else frustrated with the comments of being frustrated that someone did not get their way? I have been waiting for a nice sweet/dessert wine and I have not seen one in some time. You don't see me complaining about it.

clcaruthers

quality posts: 32 Private Messages clcaruthers

If only someone would want to split this haha. I can't eat stuff like this in large quantities anymore after turning into a health nut. It's just said I'm part Italian and freaking love olives

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!

joebeimon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages joebeimon
soontekoh34 wrote:Anyone else frustrated with the comments of being frustrated that someone did not get their way? I have been waiting for a nice sweet/dessert wine and I have not seen one in some time. You don't see me complaining about it.

They had a sweet dessert wine in a two pak just the other day. 2 375ml bottles of red. Oh, but you missed that....

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss

psm321

quality posts: 20 Private Messages psm321

Being a non-drinker, I get excited instead

cyberpenguin

joebeimon wrote:Since you have gotten them in the past.... tell me....please..... how much peppers are in them.... I really can not tolerate bell peppers and that is a real deal killer for me. 1.8 kg is a lot of olives.... but how much peppers are in there too.... thanks for a reply....anyone else?

Hardly any peppers. If you're lucky (or in your case unlucky) you might occasionally get a small sliver, but like the herbs they're more just to season the brine.

cyberpenguin

morachi wrote:Are these whole pitted olives are are they various cut up olives in a medley?

Whole pitted olives in a medley.

jmtalk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmtalk

I, for one, LOVE Thursdays as that is when I get lottsa goodies to go ALONG with my precious fruit of the vine I love reading all the comments and put my faith in the discussion...thanks guys~

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
soontekoh34 wrote:Anyone else frustrated with the comments of being frustrated that someone did not get their way? I have been waiting for a nice sweet/dessert wine and I have not seen one in some time. You don't see me complaining about it.

Come to think of it, a nice dessert wine would be nice (but not on Thursday, because I like Thursdays the way they are). If you like, I can start complaining about never seeing a good dessert wine (except on Thursdays, because I like Thursdays the way they are).

phidan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages phidan

These are quite good. I still have a bunch from last time in my fridge. They don't go bad very quickly in the fridge.

Do note, this is a ton of olives. I have made multiple tapenades, pastas, appetizers, etc and i'm around 60% through it.

geekwench

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekwench
cyberpenguin wrote:Whole pitted olives in a medley.

Indeed:

Mani Foods Greek Olive Mix without Pits
• A delightful mix of Kalamata, Nafplion, Amfissa and other delectable Greek olives
• Prepared with aromatic herbs and strips of roasted peppers and lemon zest
• Carefully selected Kalamata olives harvested in the sunny Messinian valley that are naturally cured in water and salt
• An ideally balanced, fruity peppery extra virgin olive oil pressed from tiny green olives hand-picked from the rugged hillsides of the Mani region

Ingredients: Greek Olives (Kalamata, Nafplion, Amfissa Olives), Peppers, Oregano, Savory, Brine, Lemon, Extra Virgin Olive Oil

dimend

quality posts: 3 Private Messages dimend

1.8 kg = 4 lbs, this is 4 lbs of olives? If so I am in heaven!

speedoo

quality posts: 41 Private Messages speedoo

$3 more than they were when first offered, so not such a great deal anymore.

moosish

quality posts: 3 Private Messages moosish
dewthedru wrote:I don't really remember any peppers in them. But be warned, they are salty. SALTY! So much so that they had to be thrown away towards the end. And this is coming from a guy that puts extra salt on everything I eat!

I have spent the last few MONTHS trying to find BOTTLED olives (I don't want no stinkin' BHA in my foods, and most cans have that coating inside now) without added salt. Apparently, such an item doesn't exist on this planet.

Marsha Aronson

digitalurbancamo

quality posts: 18 Private Messages digitalurbancamo

you just did :P

okayannajo

quality posts: 2 Private Messages okayannajo

Safeway deli has an awesome olive mix . I have it spread on each side of a Sourdough roll & add pepperincinnnis, their Primo Taglio Italian dry salami & prosciotto (may be spelled wrong?) Italian meats, provolone cheese & topped with lettuce, tomato, & red onion. This is an awesome Itaian sub sandwich & the olive mix is what really makes the sandwich. They have their version of an Italian sub on their menu but I change it up a little bit to make the sandwich even better. If you ever go to Safeway deli you should order one the way I described & you won't be disappointed. If you use your Safeway rewards card & buy any 7 of their deli sandwiches then they'll give you a coupon for your next sandwich to be free. The Italian sub is the only sandwich I ever get anymore. I've tried some of their others but they just don't compare to the Italian one I order made my way. I've always said I'm a wanna be Italian.

JKR

embrow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages embrow

I work in a food warehouse loading trailers by hand and I can guarantee you that half of these orders arrive with broken/opened jars. Those are the worst containers ever designed for structural integrity. I cringed when I saw the picture. They're just terrible. We actually road trip them out sealed in a plastic bag and then put in a box because they're so bad and we were losing to much product.

macostaesquire

quality posts: 1 Private Messages macostaesquire

I didn't see anything concerning in the ingredient list, but can we confirm if this is gluten-free? Assuming the brine is truly just salt and water, it's fine, but if they sneak some vinegar or thickener in there, it could be an allergen.

If I were to buy a huge amount of olives, I'd want to share them, and the person I'd share them with is on a GF diet.

abjoju

quality posts: 1 Private Messages abjoju

Can someone who has bought these tell me HOW salty are they? Can't you just wash them under water to remove some of that salt, the same way you can do to pickles? My dad has a big issue with blood pressure, since it can easily get high. However, my mom has an issue where her blood pressure can easily get low.

cappo

quality posts: 31 Private Messages cappo
moosish wrote:I have spent the last few MONTHS trying to find BOTTLED olives (I don't want no stinkin' BHA in my foods, and most cans have that coating inside now) without added salt. Apparently, such an item doesn't exist on this planet.

Olives are often cured in salt... that's half of the problem.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

These are a good deal. I still have mine from about a year ago (and they're still good). A couple of things:

1) They are extremely salty. I actually rinse them before eating to try to help with this, otherwise it's hard to have more than a small amount before your mouth gets that unpleasant "salted" feeling

2) If you refrigerate them (which is not necessary), the oil will congeal and make the olives have this sorta slimy film. You can let them sit on the dish at room temperature for a bit, however, allowing the oil to melt and you'll be good to go.

I usually pull out a small dish to munch on while I'm prepping dinner. Great for company too!

SargassoC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SargassoC
abjoju wrote:Can someone who has bought these tell me HOW salty are they? Can't you just wash them under water to remove some of that salt, the same way you can do to pickles? My dad has a big issue with blood pressure, since it can easily get high. However, my mom has an issue where her blood pressure can easily get low.

We bought these last year and, yes, they can be salty (for some), so what we did near the end of them was to take a cup out at a time, rinse the original brine, and store them in water. There is more than enough flavor already in these olives (by the end, anyway) that you don't need them in brine any more.

(As a Greek, I can also vouch for these. No more bland olives from a can for America!)

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

So two questions:

1) Once opened, do these need to be refrigerated?
2) What are the dimensions of the container? This seems like it would take up an awful lot of space in my fridge.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

knotworking

quality posts: 10 Private Messages knotworking

I've bought these almost every time they were offered (they were up on a couple of woot-offs, too). I put them in salads & cook with them, so the saltiness works for me. There are very few red pepper slices, and they are thin slices. You will find a sprig or two of oregano when you get near the bottom. I bought two the last time, the unopened one was just as fresh months later when I finally opened it. In for 3!

tomnagy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tomnagy

I don't like black olives, only the green ones.

What is the ratio of black to green??

shosh1978

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shosh1978

does anyone know if these are kosher, i cant enlarge the picture enough to see?

SargassoC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SargassoC
shosh1978 wrote:does anyone know if these are kosher, i cant enlarge the picture enough to see?

I just checked my nearly-empty container. Nothing on the label suggests these are kosher.

svwindom

quality posts: 9 Private Messages svwindom

I bought the all-Kalamata barrel in a previous Woot, and it was delicious. I did not refrigerate them (although I kept them in a cool place) and had no problems over the many, many months it took to eat.

Can someone who wooted this mix before speak to the ratio question, and tell me what the other olives in the mix are like? Black or green? Liberal or Conservative? This isn't like those "mixed nuts" which are mostly peanuts with a few almonds and cashews thrown in, is it?

x98otto1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages x98otto1

If i didnt just open the pit-in version i would totally be in. These are awesome. I didnt find them "too" salty, and there were very few peppers in my last two containers. Just a few pimento style peppers, so not very peppery. A nice mix of types. Its an interesting thing, because they all float differently i have found that you tend to eat a lot more of one style at first and then a bunch of another towards the bottom. These are great and i highly recommend.