pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
ThunderThighs wrote:Speaking of Sandy, someone posted a humorous pic in Wine...

http://wine.woot.com/forums/viewpost.aspx?postid=5221214

A mistake made here. Move along. Nothing to see.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:A mistake made here. Move along. Nothing to see.

I see something.

FORUM MODERATOR.............ON VACATION!
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Is everyone battening down the hatches?

Put everything outside away. Took the ac's out of the window. Hubby and son refused to do it. Heck, it has to be done soon.
Hubby stores them in the attic. Pia with pull down steps. I just stuck them under the window, or in a closet.

Did all the laundry. Vacummed. Changed the sheets.
Got food and flashlights yesterday.

So....done.

So far I think this storm won't go upstate, so Lynn and GWP should be OK.

I mean it is a category 1. It is just that it is huge and moving slow.
The area may get a bad storm surge, but we are not on any flood maps. Not the the roads aren't. But this is just a pia storm.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I see something.

Yep, there is something there. For sure.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Stop moving around!

I'll repost this here:

Afternoon all. Tearing my bed apart today. Swapped the box springs, removed the risers (for Maisy), vacuumed under it completely, washing everything, and rotating the mattress.

And the pilot went out on my hot water heater again so no shower yet. Grrrrrrr. Waiting for it to heat up. How does a pilot light go out in a closed area of a water heater in a completely enclosed closet with no air vents in the door?

Is that the code? I know they changed the code for putting the heating and water heater in a closet. Don't know what it is.
Maybe not enough air?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Is that the code? I know they changed the code for putting the heating and water heater in a closet. Don't know what it is.
Maybe not enough air?

Should be fine and it was code 10yrs ago with this was built. It has an exhaust pipe thingy to the outside. Just happened twice now this month.

••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Put everything outside away. Took the ac's out of the window. Hubby and son refused to do it. Heck, it has to be done soon.
Hubby stores them in the attic. Pia with pull down steps. I just stuck them under the window, or in a closet.

Did all the laundry. Vacummed. Changed the sheets.
Got food and flashlights yesterday.

So....done.

So far I think this storm won't go upstate, so Lynn and GWP should be OK.

I mean it is a category 1. It is just that it is huge and moving slow.
The area may get a bad storm surge, but we are not on any flood maps. Not the the roads aren't. But this is just a pia storm.

Do they get stronger up there as they get closer to shore? Here, they get stronger when they hit warm waters like the gulf and closer to shore.

ThunderThighs

Staff

sigh

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Guess I'll just move along.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:Guess I'll just move along.

Why?

And I may end up showering at my brothers. It went out again.

AZGman

ThunderThighs wrote:Why?

And I may end up showering at my brothers. It went out again.

A backup plan is good.

AZGman

So; g'night, then.

ThunderThighs

Staff

AZGman wrote:A backup plan is good.

Yep, watched it this time. Pilot stayed lit for a couple minutes so I moved it to low heat. That worked for about 3 minutes then it went out again. Called the plumber but it'll be tomorrow.

Off to brother's to shower.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

We ran in a 5I this afternoon. Well hubby ran and I gasped for breath. Stuff I am allergic to is still blooming. It was a lot of fun. I would like to try another where there are no hills.

TR you just bought that hot water heater! I hope it is under warranty. My Mom had a similar problem on her has furnace. Had to have the dohicky replaced. That is a technical term.

The auto correct is helping me out. Not. Hubby just talked to a friend at the beach and things are fine. Some wind and rain nothing bad.

My old knees are beginning to ache. Big difference between sand and asphalt.

Hunker down my woot friends to the north.

pooflady

Forgot LPlady, she should be somewhere around Joe, Skek and Kenney.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Went to brother's to shower. Feel much better now.

Plumber scheduled for 8am Monday morning. Lady thought it sounded like the heating element. It's a 2 year old water heater. hmmmmm

I have my bed all stripped down and the mattress pad is clean. I don't want to put dirty sheets back on and I don't want to wash them in cold water. But I'm not sure I have another set of sheets with deep enough pockets to go over my deep mattress with padded top & memory foam topper. May try son's water bed.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Went to brother's to shower. Feel much better now.

Plumber scheduled for 8am Monday morning. Lady thought it sounded like the heating element. It's a 2 year old water heater. hmmmmm

I have my bed all stripped down and the mattress pad is clean. I don't want to put dirty sheets back on and I don't want to wash them in cold water. But I'm not sure I have another set of sheets with deep enough pockets to go over my deep mattress with padded top & memory foam topper. May try son's water bed.

I wash mine in cold water.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:I wash mine in cold water.

Sounds better than nothing.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Sounds better than nothing.

Probably right. I just always do them in warm. Sounds cleaner. LOL.

Alright, sheets are in the washer.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Probably right. I just always do them in warm. Sounds cleaner. LOL.

Alright, sheets are in the washer.

You can always wash them again when the hot water heater is fixed.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You can always wash them again when the hot water heater is fixed.

I'm too lazy for that.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm too lazy for that.

Me too.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Me too.

I've never had a problem with cold.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

I will keep my mouth shut before I get in trouble...

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

Growl. I washed my mattress pad earlier and dried it on low. Then let it air dry the rest of the way.

All the elasticity is gone. Can't even get it on the mattress. Looks like it's the couch or son's bed for me.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Growl. I washed my mattress pad earlier and dried it on low. Then let it air dry the rest of the way.

All the elasticity is gone. Can't even get it on the mattress. Looks like it's the couch or son's bed for me.

Damn things. I was looking at son's today. It was made by the manufacture of the mattress and it still doesn't fit perfect.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Damn things. I was looking at son's today. It was made by the manufacture of the mattress and it still doesn't fit perfect.

I don't think I've ever been able to wash one and have it survive.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't think I've ever been able to wash one and have it survive.

When did service@woot.com turn into support@woot.com???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:When did service@woot.com turn into support@woot.com???

We were just told this week. Both still work for now.

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:We were just told this week. Both still work for now.

I sure hope the support works as well as service.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:I sure hope the support works as well as service.

Heh, same people. service@woot.com and rma@woot.com will cease at some point in the future. Not sure why they're doing the change but support is more common in the Internetz.

AZGman

Mornin', folks.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
ThunderThighs wrote:Went to brother's to shower. Feel much better now.

There is no such thing as a heating element on a gas fired water heater. Just as there is no such thing as one on a gas stove/oven.Only a burner.She may have meant a temperature sensor.
If the pilot works and remains on then it is most likely a bad themalcouple (about a $30-40 part) which is what I would suspect,or a bad gas valve($80-120). that's about all that can go wrong on a water heater.

edit// if it is a fancy electronic one with a damper motor on the exhaust then the motor or pressure/damper possition sensor (depending on manufacture) may be shot.I'm not sure how much those are as we don't usually fix them, we just force the damper open, disconnect the motor and jumper out the switch. You lose a little efficiency but not enough to justify the cost of replacement.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Ha that is the dohicky! A thermocouple thingy we replaced on my Mom's gas furnace.

Good morning everybody! We are leaving the mountains after the baby shower at 2. The weather forecast is for snow in the higher elevations for tomorrow. I don't want to get stuck like we did a couple of years ago. The tropical storm warning has been canceled for SC.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Forgot LPlady, she should be somewhere around Joe, Skek and Kenney.

Yes Ma'am, you're correct.

As of 5pm today we're under State of Emergency. Expecting possible flooding, loss of power, and the likes in our area. Far from ocean but local river and creeks can be an issue just as they were with Irene.

In the same boat as most people. Hoping for the best but as prepared as possible for the worst. My prayers sent out to all in the path of Sandy especially the NJ coastliners. Doesn't look so hot for them.

Oh and good morning!

Off to get some chores done. ttyl

Not like I'm going anywhere the next few days. lol

pooflady

lplady wrote:Yes Ma'am, you're correct.

As of 5pm today we're under State of Emergency. Expecting possible flooding, loss of power, and the likes in our area. Far from ocean but local river and creeks can be an issue just as they were with Irene.

In the same boat as most people. Hoping for the best but as prepared as possible for the worst. My prayers sent out especially to the NJ coastliners. Doesn't look so hot for them.

Oh and good morning!

Off to get some chores done. ttyl

Not like I'm going anywhere the next few days. lol

Stay safe.

pooflady

Morning all. Windy and cold.

ThunderThighs

Staff

Iceback wrote:There is no such thing as a heating element on a gas fired water heater. Just as there is no such thing as one on a gas stove/oven.Only a burner.She may have meant a temperature sensor.
If the pilot works and remains on then it is most likely a bad themalcouple (about a $30-40 part) which is what I would suspect,or a bad gas valve($80-120). that's about all that can go wrong on a water heater.

edit// if it is a fancy electronic one with a damper motor on the exhaust then the motor or pressure/damper possition sensor (depending on manufacture) may be shot.I'm not sure how much those are as we don't usually fix them, we just force the damper open, disconnect the motor and jumper out the switch. You lose a little efficiency but not enough to justify the cost of replacement.

The pilot doesn't stay on either.

Good morning all. NE'sters, stay safe.

pooflady

Things I should be doing and aren't.

Christmas cards

Dig through three foot high pile in the corner of the bedroom and see what I have for Christmas.

Measure old drapes and try to figure out how I'm going to get a picture of them to put on Craigslist. And what to ask for them. They're custom made and cost $500 ten years ago. You think $50?

pooflady

A friend called and invited me to a late lunch. Yay, don't have to do any of that stuff.