pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
joyner wrote:Good morning everybody! Hubby bought a Hertz grandfather clock at Goodwill yesterday. It was probably sold to a member of the military stationed in Germany in the 1970's. I has nice Westminster chimes. Hubby had to play with it for a couple of hours to get it to run. It has lost 5 minutes so he will have to adjust the pendulum. I should have taken a picture of us driving home in our little Kia Rio with a 6 ft. tall grandfather clock!

edit: Poof I bought a used Droid X phone and have been playing with it on our wifi. I haven't activated it yet. I really like it. It is pretty intuitive. It is easier to use and has a better display than my Dell tablet. I am thinking about using Straight talk or something like that rather than renewing my Verizon contract.

Oh, boy, here we go. You can "play" with it without activating it? What's Straight Talk?

Oh, and good morning.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Daj and No1 are probably doing a facepalm because they know there's going to be a hundred more questions.

No1's battery must be running low, he hasn't been around much.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:Oh, boy, here we go. You can "play" with it without activating it? What's Straight Talk?

Oh, and good morning.

Straight talk is wally World's pre paid cell service. Unlimited everything for $45/month. You can buy smaller pa kages if you don't want unlimited. I haven't activatedthe droid. I bought it used so I don't have to worry abouta contract. I cut it onand it told me i didn'thave cell service and asked if i wanted to use wifi. Or something along those lines. I can't make calls or txtsomething buti can woot! And read thenews andweather. Check fb. Interwebs stuff. I'm still npt verygood at typing. Battery life is very good and the battery canbe replaced just like a regular cell phone. Idk about the iphone 5 butthe
uearly one had to sosent back to apple for a .ew battery.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Poof you might want to look into page plus. They use verizon towers but they selll small packages. I think their smallest is $12.90. Ymmv!

pooflady

joyner wrote:Poof you might want to look into page plus. They use verizon towers but they selll small packages. I think their smallest is $12.90. Ymmv!

Thanks Joyner.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Afternoon (depending on who's judging), folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

pooflady

AZGman wrote:Afternoon (depending on who's judging), folks.

Hello. Took my m-i-l to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. Appointment at 12:50. As soon as we got there, they told us he's running an hour late. Wish they'd have called and told us that. Got her back home at 4:00.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Hello. Took my m-i-l to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. Appointment at 12:50. As soon as we got there, they told us he's running an hour late. Wish they'd have called and told us that. Got her back home at 4:00.

Seems service providers' time has become more important than their clients' time.

AZGman

. . . g'night.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:Hello. Took my m-i-l to the ophthalmologist this afternoon. Appointment at 12:50. As soon as we got there, they told us he's running an hour late. Wish they'd have called and told us that. Got her back home at 4:00.

that is not awesome.

one of my doctors charges $100 for a "no-show."
if you're a few minutes late, you earn "no-show" status. and they will charge you 1 benjamin, no matter what your excuse.

conclusion: you and MIL should be walking away with 100 bucks in your pockets.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:that is not awesome.

if you're a few minutes late, you earn "no-show" status. and they will charge you 1 benjamin, no matter what your excuse.

Yes....and no. This guy is great. I heard another patient saying he came in on a Sunday on his vacation for her. I figure he does surgery in the morning and if he ran into a problem, shouldn't leave the patient and walk away.

For nonsurgeons, I agree, since they don't even go to the hospital anymore.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:Yes....and no. This guy is great. I heard another patient saying he came in on a Sunday on his vacation for her. I figure he does surgery in the morning and if he ran into a problem, shouldn't leave the patient and walk away.

For nonsurgeons, I agree, since they don't even go to the hospital anymore.

oh, surgery. yes, this is true.

i guess i'm frustrated with the whole thing these days. another doc has a system under which patients are not fined, but if they get three "no-shows," their staff will discharge you and you'll have to find another physician.

i understand they need to deter flakiness, but that's like high school, for crying out loud.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:oh, surgery. yes, this is true.

i guess i'm frustrated with the whole thing these days. another doc has a system under which patients are not fined, but if they get three "no-shows," their staff will discharge you and you'll have to find another physician.

i understand they need to deter flakiness, but that's like high school, for crying out loud.

And yet I have two relatives who cancel appointments because they're "tired" or "just don't feel like going today." I guess there's always a few that screw it up for people that do what they're supposed to do.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:that is not awesome.

They don't get anywhere near that much from the insurance co.
How does the Dr keep patients?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 539 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I've been going to opthalmologists since I was 3 years old. They are consistently the one medical area that always run behind schedule. I always allocate hours when I have to go. I tell myself that if they're spending more time with patients then they'll spend more time with me too.

Plus they do most of their own testing so you aren't sent off to a lab. They often don't know what they might have to do when a patient walks in the door. That means unexpected procedures, especially for emergency appointments.

Just another perspective.

◄••• Click • • • Or Click here •••► How to Play

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Political statement:

One guy needs to stop smirking and the other needs to looks like he is listening.

That is all.

Anybody home?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Political statement:

One guy needs to stop smirking and the other needs to looks like he is listening.

That is all.

Anybody home?

I'm here, sorta.

RE the Straight Talk Plan from WalMart.
I looked into it a couple of years ago, and it is cheap with unlimited talk /text/ data, runs on the Verizon network so has good coverage. The down side is that it works on a 30 day month. If the month has 31 days then you need to pay extra for the 31rst day. The phone choices are very limited and must be purchased outright (They aren't very good ones).There are forums that discuss the pros and cons of that particular system.

I have a DroidX by Motorola on the Verizon network btw.I have found the battery life good but Mrs Ice didn't when she had one.
I plan to upgrade to a 4G android (probably not a Motorola because the new ones have to go back to factory to be reset if there a problem as you cannot pull the battery).

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

That is all.

Anybody home?

Here.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I'm here, sorta.

I looked into it a couple of years ago, and it is cheap with unlimited talk /text/ data, runs on the Verizon network so has good coverage. The down side is that it works on a 30 day month. If the month has 31 days then you need to pay extra for the 31rst day. The phone choices are very limited and must be purchased outright (They aren't very good ones).There are forums that discuss the pros and cons of that particular system.

I have a DroidX by Motorola on the Verizon network btw.I have found the battery life good but Mrs Ice didn't when she had one.
I plan to upgrade to a 4G android (probably not a Motorola because the new ones have to go back to factory to be reset if there a problem as you cannot pull the battery).

Thanks for the info. When are you upgrading?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Anybody got anything interesting to say?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Anybody got anything interesting to say?

We're leaving for PA Friday morning.

Iceback

Iceback wrote:I'm here, sorta.

I have a 2 yr old DroidX by Motorola on the Verizon network btw.I have found the battery life good but Mrs Ice didn't when she had one.

I would not recommend a Blackberry. I had one at work and hated it.The newer ones were better than the older versions but new crap is still crap. Just my opinion and some like them. We have now gone to android phones.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:We're leaving for PA Friday morning.

Hubby too? How long will you stay?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Thanks for the info. When are you upgrading?

I can anytime but will probably wait when this phone dies or pisses me off. I has been a good rugged phone and although 3G is slow compared to 4G it does what I need it to do for now.Usually they come out with new phones around Christmas so we'll see how I feel about it then.

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Hubby too? How long will you stay?

Yep, both of us. Coming back Tuesday. The nephews are off school for Columbus Day, so this is a good time.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yep, both of us. Coming back Tuesday. The nephews are off school for Columbus Day, so this is a good time.

Ahh, nephew time.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

OK, see you tomorrow.
Dentist day, but I should be online before I go.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

That is all.

Anybody home?

Someone needs to work on getting the uh's out of his speech too.

jawsuser

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jawsuser
pooflady wrote:I occasionally order stupid things that I hope are going to work and usually don't. Example: I have had two microwave over easy egg thingies, neither of which work worth a damn. BUT, I finally scored a winner.
http://www.ltdcommodities.com/Housewares-%2B-Dining/Tools%2B%252B%2BGadgets/Set-Of-3-Toastabags/prod521011.jmp?navAction=jump&fm=search

I had no intention of making a grilled cheese sandwich, but I thought maybe the french fries that you bring home and are always cold by the time you get them home might work. They do. Just did some from McD's. Hot, hot, hot and not soggy. Even husband was impressed.

What a wonderful idea. Thanks!

jawsuser

joyner wrote:
edit: Poof I bought a used Droid X phone and have been playing with it on our wifi. I haven't activated it yet. I really like it. It is pretty intuitive. It is easier to use and has a better display than my Dell tablet. I am thinking about using Straight talk or something like that rather than renewing my Verizon contract.

I have Straight Talk and love it. Can one use a non Straight Talk phone with their service? I would love to get a smart phone, although I am getting spoiled by my tablet. I love it being big enough I can see it!

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:What a wonderful idea. Thanks!

Kind of need a wide slot toaster, I think. Just washed the bag in the dishwasher, turned out fine.

jawsuser

If anyone cares dad and I are going to northwest to visit sisters. (Actually he will visit my sisters. I plan to spend time with friends and have a little dad break time.)

Will be gone until 13th. Probably no internet access while gone. Try not to change the world to much while I'm gone. Just kidding.

pooflady

jawsuser wrote:If anyone cares dad and I are going to northwest to visit sisters. (Actually he will visit my sisters. I plan to spend time with friends and have a little dad break time.)

Will be gone until 13th. Probably no internet access while gone. Try not to change the world to much while I'm gone. Just kidding.

Have a good trip and enjoy your non-dad time.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

Good evening.

pooflady

cruzer wrote:Good evening.

Hi, Cruzer. How's your dad?

pooflady

Ear worm - Take a letter, Maria...

ThunderThighs

Staff

cruzer wrote:Good evening.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh, who is this?

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

jawsuser wrote:If anyone cares dad and I are going to northwest to visit sisters. (Actually he will visit my sisters. I plan to spend time with friends and have a little dad break time.)

Enjoy your trip. Bring your tablet and spend some time in Starbucks so you can let us know how you're doing via the free wi fi.

Iceback

Good morning all.