dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:ARRRRR , the TV signal isn't working. I need my background noise!

Now some stations are back, but not all.

Got an email from the cable company. Sunspots.
That is what they are blaming it on.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:If fun=nap then I'll be havin' a couple of hours of fun after lunch and the back lawn.
Finally got rid of the cursed stove! Yay me

Did someone take it, or did you dump it over a cliff someplace.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Got an email from the cable company. Sunspots.

At least my internet company admitted they had equipment fail that needed to be replaced.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:Afternoon/evening, folks.

Looks like early evening to me.

Was your day any better?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
dontwantaname wrote:Looks like early evening to me.

Was your day any better?

Okay day.

Early evening, you say? Close enough then, to say g'night.

So . . . g'night!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:Did someone take it, or did you dump it over a cliff someplace.

Habitat took it.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

You would think if that was the case it would have been more of a national problem.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar
pooflady wrote:french fries from McD's.

Ewwwwww

Still single, can't imagine why.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

Sunspots can mess up OTA broadcasts, but they really shouldn't mess up cable. Then again, I'm not really doing my emag homework so...

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
FenStar wrote:Ewwwwww

The only fries better than McD's fries were McD's fries when they used lard. Speaking of which, there's more reports coming out that lard is better for you than vegetable and canola oil. What a surprise!

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

klozitshoper

quality posts: 2 Private Messages klozitshoper

Hi. Lard? When I was very young we visited a friend of my mothers and they put lard in everything and on everything. It literally made me sick, so they kindly accommodated the issue by leaving it off of what they gave me

pooflady

klozitshoper wrote:Hi. Lard? When I was very young we visited a friend of my mothers and they put lard in everything and on everything. It literally made me sick, so they kindly accommodated the issue by leaving it off of what they gave me

There's no better pie crust in the world than one made with lard. I don't know about putting it ON anything.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:The only fries better than McD's fries were McD's fries when they used lard. Speaking of which, there's more reports coming out that lard is better for you than vegetable and canola oil. What a surprise!

and 7 years from now, i bet other reports will emerge saying veg/canola oil is better for you than lard.

this is just like the stupid egg thing. we'll never really know if eggs are good for us or bad for us.

i bet it's 'cause politicians are in bed with Big Egg.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

PemberDucky wrote:and 7 years from now, i bet other reports will emerge saying veg/canola oil is better for you than lard.

this is just like the stupid egg thing. we'll never really know if eggs are good for us or bad for us.

That could get messy if they get rough.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

PemberDucky wrote:and 7 years from now, i bet other reports will emerge saying veg/canola oil is better for you than lard.

And coffee and bacon and on and on.

dougall

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dougall
dontwantaname wrote:That could get messy if they get rough.

Better getting rough with a big egg, than with Big Bird though

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

dougall wrote:Better getting rough with a big egg, than with Big Bird though

Sexual innuendo about Big Bird?????

That is WRONG!!!!!

Don't mess with someone with a big pecker.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dougall

pooflady

I'm 99% certain D'name was kidding around. I wish there was a font for "just kidding."

dougall

pooflady

Are an android and a smartphone the same thing?

Okay, change the question. A smartphone can have an android OS, right? Can they have other kinds of operating systems?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Are an android and a smartphone the same thing?

Okay, change the question. A smartphone can have an android OS, right? Can they have other kinds of operating systems?

yes, iphones use ios, windows phones use windows phone and blackberries use blackberry os.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Are an android and a smartphone the same thing?

Who are you and what did you do to Poof?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:yes, iphones use ios, windows phones use windows phone and blackberries use blackberry os.

Where the &$#% have you been???

Isn't it a requirement to announce all breaks from woot in advance?

I should smack you upside the head.

I will

//smack

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Who are you and what did you do to Poof?

No1 and D'name:
I'm going to have to get a smartphone before too long. I think at some point not too far away it's going to become a necessity, just like my PC is currently. Black Friday might be a good time. I also have to find out if there are such things as lessons for said phone because I sure as heck will never figure it out for myself.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:No1 and D'name:
I'm going to have to get a smartphone before too long. I think at some point not too far away it's going to become a necessity, just like my PC is currently. Black Friday might be a good time. I also have to find out if there are such things as lessons for said phone because I sure as heck will never figure it out for myself.

Smartphone describes any phone that does more than just make phone calls. They can browse the internet, take pictures/videos, do email, run applications, etc.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• Allow 1-2 business days for response.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy
◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:No1 and D'name:

Hubby insist we both get one.
All I need out of the house is the camera function and google. That and the phone and text message.

I'm glad the iphone 5 is a mess. Hubby won't want it.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Dog belly looks weird without fur. Like a person.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Smartphone describes any phone that does more than just make phone calls. They can browse the internet, take pictures/videos, do email, run applications, etc.

Right now I want something pretty basic. I want to be able to look up phone numbers, scan QR codes (yes, I had to look the name up), the app for checking prices, maybe pictures. I figure they all have the picture-taking ability. Maybe a GPS.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Right now I want something pretty basic. I want to be able to look up phone numbers, scan QR codes (yes, I had to look the name up), the app for checking prices, maybe pictures. I figure they all have the picture-taking ability. Maybe a GPS.

You've come so far grasshopper.

TT must be proud.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:You've come so far grasshopper.

TT must be proud.

I'm wiping the tears from my eyes.

I want to upgrade. Still have iPhone 3GS. Not thrilled with what I'm hearing about the 5. May look at android. It'll be spring most likely though.

CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:I'm wiping the tears from my eyes.

I want to upgrade. Still have iPhone 3GS. Not thrilled with what I'm hearing about the 5. May look at android. It'll be spring most likely though.

No question, I absutely have to get the Kindle Paperwhite. As long as all I'm going to be using it for is reading, is there any reason to get the 3G?

Iceback

pooflady wrote:Right now I want something pretty basic. I want to be able to look up phone numbers, scan QR codes (yes, I had to look the name up), the app for checking prices, maybe pictures. I figure they all have the picture-taking ability. Maybe a GPS.

We have an i-phone(Mrs. Ice's) and an Android in the household.
If you want to pay out the @ss for older technology then I would suggest an over-rated i-phone. Androids are less expensive and offer all the features you described.You can usually get a usable android for next to nothing with a data plan. Just my opinion. Some carriers offer free how-to classes on smartphone use. I know Verizon does.They are really easier to use than your pc.
For the record Mrs. Ice is very happy with her i-phone 4S so I guess it is a matter of preference.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:No question, I absutely have to get the Kindle Paperwhite. As long as all I'm going to be using it for is reading, is there any reason to get the 3G?

You'd want 3G if you travel a lot and want to be able to download books when you can't get access to the Internet via wireless connection such as your router or other public Wi-Fi spot.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:We have an i-phone(Mrs. Ice's) and an Android in the household.
If you want to pay out the @ss for older technology then I would suggest an over-rated i-phone. Androids are less expensive and offer all the features you described.You can usually get a usable android for next to nothing with a data plan. Just my opinion. Some carriers offer free how-to classes on smartphone use. I know Verizon does.They are really easier to use than your pc.
For the record Mrs. Ice is very happy with her i-phone 4S so I guess it is a matter of preference.

Hmmm, things to consider. Thanks.

pooflady

Daj and No1 are probably doing a facepalm because they know there's going to be a hundred more questions.

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

Iceback

Good morning all

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Hubby bought a Hertz grandfather clock at Goodwill yesterday. It was probably sold to a member of the military stationed in Germany in the 1970's. I has nice Westminster chimes. Hubby had to play with it for a couple of hours to get it to run. It has lost 5 minutes so he will have to adjust the pendulum. I should have taken a picture of us driving home in our little Kia Rio with a 6 ft. tall grandfather clock!

edit: Poof I bought a used Droid X phone and have been playing with it on our wifi. I haven't activated it yet. I really like it. It is pretty intuitive. It is easier to use and has a better display than my Dell tablet. I am thinking about using Straight talk or something like that rather than renewing my Verizon contract.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', I'back and j'ner; folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.