pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Sorry all, left for Jeopardy.

Zea, keep your chin up, I've been told it gets easier.

I remember Daj hated her pool and couldn't wait to move away from it. Maybe the in-grounds are different.

Lynn, three cheers for Mo. Is he still chasing rabbits?

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Lynnzoi wrote:indeedy

now keep good thoughts that the elec stim acupuncture keeps working at keeping his rear legs from goin down the crapper!

Will do.

And on that note . . .

g'night, folks!

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi
pooflady wrote:Sorry all, left for Jeopardy.

I remember Daj hated her pool and couldn't wait to move away from it. Maybe the in-grounds are different.

evenin Poof

nope, he ain't killed nuthin all summer....thank goodness!

Lynnzoi

AZGman wrote:Will do.

And on that note . . .

g'night, folks!

gnite AZ!

zea3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zea3
AZGman wrote:Will do.

And on that note . . .

g'night, folks!

Good night Gman!

zea3

pooflady wrote:Sorry all, left for Jeopardy.

I must have an illness, I enjoy caring for my pool! I'm even a moderator on a pool care website! Whenever I move, my next place will have an inground pool.

Lynnzoi

zea3 wrote:I must have an illness, I enjoy caring for my pool! I'm even a moderator on a pool care website! Whenever I move, my next place will have an inground pool.

I used to have a pool....above ground - too much for one person to take care of, esp when it only got used 2-3 months a year.

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:I used to have a pool....above ground - too much for one person to take care of, esp when it only got used 2-3 months a year.

A lot of work. And I'd always worry about little kids. I always wished we had a next door neighbor with one that really liked me a lot.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

zea3

pooflady wrote:A lot of work. And I'd always worry about little kids. I always wished we had a next door neighbor with one that really liked me a lot.

I vacuum it or run the robot once a week. I'd rather clean the pool than clean my house! I enjoy floating and doing nothing. Its a big stress reliever for me.

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:A lot of work. And I'd always worry about little kids. I always wished we had a next door neighbor with one that really liked me a lot.

kids weren't much of a worry here - only have a neighbor on one side, not many kids in the neighborhood, yard is totally fenced. Funny thing is that my insurance co. only cared that the gate to the pool deck was locked. But when I wanted to hold dog training classes here my ins. co. had a fit - afraid a neighbor would get bit.

Lynnzoi

zea3 wrote:I vacuum it or run the robot once a week. I'd rather clean the pool than clean my house! I enjoy floating and doing nothing. Its a big stress reliever for me.

I loved the floating....the vacuuming was a pita, esp with the sandy soil we have around here. Wind gusts routinely pushed walls of sand across the cornfields and deposited them in the pool. Oh, and being allergic to chlorine made things tricky too.

zea3

Lynnzoi wrote:I loved the floating....the vacuuming was a pita, esp with the sandy soil we have around here. Wind gusts routinely pushed walls of sand across the cornfields and deposited them in the pool. Oh, and being allergic to chlorine made things tricky too.

I have an oak tree in the backyard, so for me it is leaves and acorns. Plus the squirrles enjoy chucking stuff into the pool. Stupid squirrles!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I'll admit it, I wish we had a pool. But with the season so short here, it probably isn't worth it. Unless we did the whole Indoor pool or Pool building thing, but yeah not going to happen unless we get a house to start with. Water is really super relaxing for me, and I'd rather be in the water everyday than anything else.

I just realized my new laptop and my preorder of the Mark of Athena are schedule to arrive on Tuesday. I don't think I'll be very available next week.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

zea3

Time to go feed the kids. Y'all have a good evening!

pooflady

zea3 wrote:Time to go feed the kids. Y'all have a good evening!

Nice seeing you, Zea. Don't be a stranger.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Hi folks! All packed and ready to go.
Vet said Rusty is done with his stem cell. Collected, sent to lab and injected back in. They swear he is happy.
We shall see.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:Hi folks! All packed and ready to go.
Vet said Rusty is done with his stem cell. Collected, sent to lab and injected back in. They swear he is happy.
We shall see.

On your way home now, or in the morning?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:On your way home now, or in the morning?

3pm ferry. So back to the mainland by 4. 5 hour drive.
Get Rusty Sunday!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:3pm ferry. So back to the mainland by 4. 5 hour drive.
Get Rusty Sunday!

and you are already packed, wow.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:and you are already packed, wow.

So much easier without kids!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:So much easier without kids!

True, but no matter what I try, it's the husband that doesn't like to pack the night before. And with a 3pm departure, that would be a losing argument for me!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:So much easier without kids!

Yeah, it's amazing how much easier it is without kids.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
KtCallista wrote:True, but no matter what I try, it's the husband that doesn't like to pack the night before. And with a 3pm departure, that would be a losing argument for me!

I piss Mrs. Ice off 'cause I'm usually mostly packed a week before we depart. she waits until a very few hours before we leave.

In the end only kindness matters

Iceback

Mrs Ice and I had a very good anniversary. It started off kinda rocky thanks to a badly applied lid to my Starbucks which resulted in hot coffee spilled in my lap while heading to Dallas. Fortunately we were only about 15 minutes out of town so we headed back for a change and a truck clean up. We only ended up about 45 minutes later than schedule to the State Fair. It was overcast, warm and humid but not unbearable so we had a great time and left just before the rain started. Trafic wasn't too bad and all the wrecks seemed to happen about 5 minutes behind us so we made good time going home.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Mrs Ice and I had a very good anniversary. It started off kinda rocky thanks to a badly applied lid to my Starbucks which resulted in hot coffee spilled in my lap while heading to Dallas. Fortunately we were only about 15 minutes out of town so we headed back for a change and a truck clean up. We only ended up about 45 minutes later than schedule to the Stae Fair. It was overcast, warm and humid but not unbearable so we had a great time and left just before the rain started.

So what fun stuff did you eat? After all, the Texas State Fair is famous for its food.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:So what fun stuff did you eat? After all, the Texas State Fair is famous for its food.

Boring really, I had a hotdog and Mrs. Ice a corny dog. We had no interest in the goofy fried stuff.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Boring really, I had a hotdog and Mrs. Ice a corny dog. We had no interest in the goofy fried stuff.

//sigh//
//disappointed//

Iceback

We ended up spending a lot of time looking at the auto show displays as Mrs. Ice wants to get a new vehicle this year. She was pretty set on a Nissan Rouge but after testing The Chevy Equinox she may go that route. While we were checking it out we had 2 different couples stop and go on at length about how much they love theirs.

Iceback

pooflady wrote://sigh//
//disappointed//

Sorry.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:Sorry.

You have failed to provide entertainment for the rest of us.

Iceback

KtCallista wrote:You have failed to provide entertainment for the rest of us.

I'll try and do better next year
It may help for you to picture me driving 75 mph on I-35, in morning rush hour trafic with a hot Grande spilling into my lap. That's about as much excitment as I can take in one day anymore.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:I'll try and do better next year
It may help for you to picture me driving 75 mph on I-35, in morning rush hour trafic with a hot Grande spilling into my lap. That's about as much excitment as I can take in one day anymore.

//perks right up//

KtCallista

pooflady wrote://perks right up//

lol!

pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! Happy Saturday!

AZGman

Mornin', j'ner; folks.

Iceback

Good morning Joyner, Gman and later arrivals. My daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby are off to Germany today.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:Good morning Joyner, Gman and later arrivals. My daughter, son-in-law and grandbaby are off to Germany today.

Howdy. How long and what part?

pooflady

Good afternoon.

AZGman

Afternoon, folks.