Schrobblehead

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Schrobblehead
lplady wrote:LMAO I was just trying to not scare her thinking da bubba found her. lol

Anyways, I was connected to her by a friend. Her whole family is doing fine including daughter. They had only a little bit of spritzing during the storm, no heavy rain so no flood damage. Their home has just a little bit of flashing off from wind.

She has no electric and no cell phone. Her home phone, water and sewage is all working fine. (Now I can get Joe's image out of my head of them all pooping).

Her brother-in-law has had his power turned on today so they will be getting his generator for their home at some point today or tomorrow.

She could have walked to Panera since they have power/net, but didn't get around to it yet. I'm guessing because Rusty can't go far because of his surgery.

Oh and good morning.

Edit: Good to see you KD. How's your niece doing? When is the baby due to arrive?

Came here for this news exactly. Good work!

I'm a Christmas Unicorn! In a uniform made of gold, with a billy-goat beard, and a sorcerer's shield, and mistletoe on my nose!

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
no1 wrote:it sounds like the bubba did find her.

She probably got the info from terrybatey.

edit: Afternoon, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

AZGman

hic

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
AZGman wrote:hic

Uh-oh.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Uh-oh.

?

pooflady

AZGman wrote:?

Is the "hic" from hiccups or from drinking too much?

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Is the "hic" from hiccups or from drinking too much?

And have I quit beating women?

Helluva presumptuous question.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
AZGman wrote:And have I quit beating women?

HAVE you quit beating women?

Badly phrased questions that trap you either way... kinda like fantasy sports.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:Thanks Lady, nice to have the information. I'm really surprised she didn't walk to Panera. Come to think of it, she should have, just to let us know she was okay.

Actually after thinking about it I may have misunderstood D'name speak live on the phone.

I know she said she had no power or cell phone, but she also said that her son was running the car to charge his phone. Not sure why you'd have to charge the phone if you can't use it. I'm wondering if she meant to say that she has no power or cell phone internet since I guess her son can use his cell phone. After thinking about it I'm confused as to what she meant.

Also, she did say she could have gone to Panera but didn't, but I don't know if it's in walking distance or she'd have to drive. Saying that because she did later mention being annoyed that her son was charging the phone by using the car and he was using up the gas. So maybe it's not walkable from her home and she didn't want to use the gas getting there. The news said that lines are long at the stations and some stations are all out of gas.

I think I speak D'name better online. haha To be fair though, she wasn't expecting me on the other end of the phone and our conversation was rushed due to me having to take care of something.
I'm just glad her, her family and her home are good.

I passed on all your thank you's to him. You're welcome!

Edit: lol AZ, anything is possible, isn't it

Edit 2: above edit was in reference to what you said about tb, not the drinking. In reference to the drinking comment. I took it as a humorous comment by Poof, not serious.

SkekTek

quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Great news re: Dname! Thanks!

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady

Darn, you hadn't mentioned beating women before!!! At least not like you've mentioned enjoying some beer once in a while. Shame on you AZ!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Howdy all. Had a good morning's sleep. These seem to be more rare lately. Done my walk even.

We tied the high for today set in 1945 at 88°.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
lplady wrote:Actually after thinking about it I may have misunderstood D'name ... After thinking about it I'm confused as to what she meant.

i take this as proof you really did talk to her!

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
lplady wrote:Actually after thinking about it I may have misunderstood D'name speak live on the phone.

I know she said she had no power or cell phone, but she also said that her son was running the car to charge his phone. Not sure why you'd have to charge the phone if you can't use it. I'm wondering if she meant to say that she has no power or cell phone internet since I guess her son can use his cell phone. After thinking about it I'm confused as to what she meant.

Also, she did say she could have gone to Panera but didn't, but I don't know if it's in walking distance or she'd have to drive. Saying that because she did later mention being annoyed that her son was charging the phone by using the car and he was using up the gas. So maybe it's not walkable from her home and she didn't want to use the gas getting there. The news said that lines are long at the stations and some stations are all out of gas.

I think I speak D'name better online. haha To be fair though, she wasn't expecting me on the other end of the phone and our conversation was rushed due to me having to take care of something.

Edit: lol AZ, you never know. Anything is possible on the web.

Edit 2: above edit was in reference to what you said about tb, not the drinking. In reference to the drinking comment. I took it as a humorous comment by Poof, not serious.

Thank you lplady!!!! I've been trying to check in as much as possible just to hear she is fine.

Kids are out of school for today and tomorrow for parent teacher conferences. Already had one of Ver1's teachers tell me her grades (she wanted to explain how she was grading her since she is actually in a different grade level than the class she is taking - I think she didn't want me to be upset that she's not getting straight A's this time, but instead getting marks that she can work to improve upon - which makes me very happy because I know they are challenging her!) We do all three Versions conferences tomorrow, it'll only take all morning.

Pouring rain today. Good thing we walked for miles yesterday and everyone is tired!

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 568 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

lplady wrote:I'm on the phone with D'name now. She's fine. Yay!

I'll be back in a few minutes.

YAY! Glad somebody was brave enough to do the bubba thing.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

Oh, for heaven's sake. Lighten up.

pooflady

lplady wrote:Actually after thinking about it I may have misunderstood D'name speak live on the phone.

Edit: lol AZ, you never know. Anything is possible, isn't it

Oh, boy, when she gets back here she's going to try to explain this.