lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
Turken wrote:wouldn't expect to see *any* kind of fish from the boardwalk right now, what with the wind whipping up the surf and all.

AC's boardwalk is getting a ton of damage as are some other areas.

Things still okay here so far. Dinner, fingers and toes up next. Need to keep busy.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Turken wrote:wouldn't expect to see *any* kind of fish from the boardwalk right now, what with the wind whipping up the surf and all.

But you could expect old shoes.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

I find it really interesting reading people I know reporting from inside the storm. If the ring of fire goes active, don't expect the same from me...

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

CatCK

quality posts: 50 Private Messages CatCK

I live in Michigan. The weather people are saying that Lake Michigan (which is on the WEST side of the state) may have waves up to 30 feet due to this storm system. If it's reaching way out here, I can't imagine what people on the east coast are seeing. Please be careful. Prepare. Evacuate if you need to.

pooflady

CatCK wrote:I live in Michigan. The weather people are saying that Lake Michigan (which is on the WEST side of the state) may have waves up to 30 feet due to this storm system. If it's reaching way out here, I can't imagine what people on the east coast are seeing. Please be careful. Prepare. Evacuate if you need to.

I have family that live on Lake Erie and they've been told to expect 20-foot waves. Interesting.

lplady

KtCallista wrote:I find it really interesting reading people I know reporting from inside the storm. If the ring of fire goes active, don't expect the same from me...

What is the ring of fire?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
lplady wrote:What is the ring of fire?

string of volcanoes on the shores of the pacific ocean stretching from the americas to asia and south pacific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire

lplady

no1 wrote:string of volcanoes on the shores of the pacific ocean stretching from the americas to asia and south pacific.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pacific_Ring_of_Fire

Thank you!

I thought maybe it had to do with forest fires at Trick-or-Treat!

Edit: forest fires at f i r s t.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
lplady wrote:Thank you!

I thought maybe it had to do with forest fires at first.

and I was thinking Preparation H

In the end only kindness matters

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:and I was thinking Preparation H

Oh my.... I never thought that this was such a regional concept.

pooflady

Kenney, Skek and Joe have been on FB recently, so they're okay. Would like to hear from D'name.

no1

KtCallista wrote:Oh my.... I never thought that this was such a regional concept.

most people only apply preparation h to certain regions.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

Kenny ought to be fine where he is. We still have power, we'll see if it's still here by morning. hoping. Frankly, we're pretty likely to lose it, and skek too. I dunno about dname, lots of power out in northern VA, so I wouldn't be surprised if gman goes too. We'll all see you in a week or so, probably. or tomorrow.

KtCallista

Josephus wrote:Kenny ought to be fine where he is. We still have power, we'll see if it's still here by morning. hoping. Frankly, we're pretty likely to lose it, and skek too. I dunno about dname, lots of power out in northern VA, so I wouldn't be surprised if gman goes too. We'll all see you in a week or so, probably. or tomorrow.

Thank you for checking in!

pooflady

KtCallista wrote:Thank you for checking in!

Yes, thanks.

LPlady was here a while ago, so assume she's still okay.

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 560 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Josephus wrote:Kenny ought to be fine where he is. We still have power, we'll see if it's still here by morning. hoping. Frankly, we're pretty likely to lose it, and skek too. I dunno about dname, lots of power out in northern VA, so I wouldn't be surprised if gman goes too. We'll all see you in a week or so, probably. or tomorrow.

Check in when you can. We're thinking of you all.

Customer Service: support@woot.com ••• YOU MUST CONTACT CS. Do not post in the forum for help.
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

Orcrist42

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Orcrist42

All these fake pictures of the hurricane Sandy floating around the social networks almost make me want nostalgic for some Dodgeball photochopping.

pooflady

Orcrist42 wrote:All these fake pictures of the hurricane Sandy floating around the social networks almost make me want nostalgic for some Dodgeball photochopping.

I liked whoever it was coming out of the ocean.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Good morning all, I hope all are safe and well.

In the end only kindness matters

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good morning everybody! There is supposed to be a lot of snow in the mountains. Daughter and new baby both have Doctor's apt today.
Hope we hear from the storm tossed wooters today.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin', I'back, j'ner, and folks.

Storm moved through quicker than expected; no damage near us and never lost power.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

joyner

AZGman wrote:Mornin', I'back, j'ner, and folks.

Storm moved through quicker than expected; no damage near us and never lost power.

Yeah!

Josephus

I can't believe it! SAtill raining, wind is gone. Still powered up.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman
Josephus wrote:I can't believe it! SAtill raining, wind is gone. Still powered up.

Yeah; still raining and quite chilly.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Josephus

AZGman wrote:Yeah; still raining and quite chilly.

I 'slept' on an air mattress on the living room floor (we all slept in there) and nearly froze all night. miserable night, but at least the electric stayed on.

pooflady

Glad everyone's okay. Waiting for D'name to wake up. We have snow!

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:Glad everyone's okay. Waiting for D'name to wake up. We have snow!

Snow! How exciting.

I'm just hanging out, really.

pooflady

inkycatz wrote:Snow! How exciting.

No. Snow is "ewwwwwww."

inkycatz

quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
pooflady wrote:No. Snow is "ewwwwwww."

Okay, snow that you don't have to go out in is exciting. The rest is ewww.

I'm just hanging out, really.

joyner

pooflady wrote:No. Snow is "ewwwwwww."

How much snow do you have? How will we hear from d'name if she has no power?

pooflady

joyner wrote:How much snow do you have? How will we hear from d'name if she has no power?

A heavy dusting. Mostly gone now. If I had gone out earlier, the car would have had to have been cleaned off.

D'name??? Don't know. I would think she would have had the laptop charged.

Josephus

pooflady wrote:A heavy dusting. Mostly gone now. If I had gone out earlier, the car would have had to have been cleaned off.

might not have a router

lplady

Good morning.

Check in: No flooding. Power was out for about seven hours, back on now. One cracked window from a flying branch. No biggie for us thankfully.

Have lots of outdoor clean up to finish but nothing compared with what our neighborhood had with Irene. Basically, we lucked out.

KtC, in reference to what you said last night about people posting during storm. Not much else to do after you've prepared as much as you can.

As far as I was concerned after that point it's in god's hands, not mine. We turned the stereo up so we didn't have to listen to the wind as much (made me nervous so that helped) and just tried to keep busy in here to pass the time.

Sadly parts of Jersey are devastated. Hope all NJ wooters are doing alright and they don't have too much damage.

Heading out to help with clean up. laterz

lplady

pooflady wrote:A heavy dusting. Mostly gone now. If I had gone out earlier, the car would have had to have been cleaned off.

Can't she post from her IPad?

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Google Map for Sandy. You can zoom in and get links for the power outage maps. Most of LI is down, as well as the CON-ED zone on the mainland.

Dougall and I lost power around midnight. No estimate for when it will be restored.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

pooflady

Wondering about Skek, too. Power's probably gone.

Josephus

Mavyn wrote:Google Map for Sandy. You can zoom in and get links for the power outage maps. Most of LI is down, as well as the CON-ED zone on the mainland.

Dougall and I lost power around midnight. No estimate for when it will be restored.

The outage map in our area shows a widespread outage to our west, and another one to our east, with roughly the width of our property between them with power.

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

pooflady wrote:Wondering about Skek, too. Power's probably gone.

yeah, i would really like to hear from him.

i posted a message in our fantasy football forums on the off-chance that he has the app for his phone & will be able to check in.

odds are not likely, but still. since he's #1 in the league right now, he might go to great lengths to preserve his ranking.

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

no1

PemberDucky wrote:yeah, i would really like to hear from him.

i posted a message in our fantasy football forums on the off-chance that he has the app for his phone & will be able to check in.

odds are not likely, but still. since he's #1 in the league right now, he might go to great lengths to preserve his ranking.

meh, he's got an easy win this week.

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Good morning.

Check in: No flooding. YAY! Power was out for about seven hours, back on now. One cracked window from a flying branch, no biggie.

Have lots of outdoor clean up to finish but nothing compared with what our neighborhood had with Irene. Basically, we lucked out.

KtC, in reference to what you said last night about people posting during storm. Not much else to do after you've prepared as much as you can.

As far as I was concerned after that point it's in god's hands, not mine. We turned the stereo up so we didn't have to listen to the wind as much (made me nervous so that helped) and just tried to keep busy in here to pass the time.

Sadly parts of Jersey are devastated. Hope all NJ wooters are doing alright and they don't have too much damage.

Heading out to help with clean up. laterz

I suppose so. It just feels weird from my perspective where all the storm reporting is fly-over style and primarily after the event. The technology to share just wasn't there before.

Mostly looking for a dname, Skek, or Kenney post. I gotta head out to work and Tuesdays are my insane day.