WootBot


quality posts: 15 Private Messages WootBot

Staff

Used Automobile Parts Dessert 375ml (3)

Speed to First Woot:
1m 29.880s
First Sucker:
webdev511
Last Wooter to Woot:
johnbrienen
Last Purchase:
2 years ago
Order Pace (rank):
Bottom 26% of Wine Woots
Bottom 31% of all Woots
Woots Sold (rank):
Bottom 42% of Wine Woots
Bottom 42% of all Woots

Purchaser Experience

  • 3% first woot
  • 1% second woot
  • 16% < 10 woots
  • 23% < 25 woots
  • 56% ≥ 25 woots

Purchaser Seniority

  • 3% joined today
  • 2% one week old
  • 0% one month old
  • 16% one year old
  • 79% > one year old

Quantity Breakdown

  • 86% bought 1
  • 12% bought 2
  • 2% bought 3

Percentage of Sales Per Hour

14%
4%
2%
0%
1%
2%
5%
1%
11%
7%
7%
6%
5%
3%
7%
3%
0%
4%
4%
2%
2%
2%
1%
3%
12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting



Quality Posts


mikegberg


quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg

Used Automobile Parts Dessert 375ml - 3 pack

$74.99 (Normally priced 135.00) 44% off list price

PRODUCT:
3 2005 Used Automobile Parts Dessert Wine
CT link above

NOTE: Remember to change the size when entering into your cellar.

Winery website

Summer shipping is in effect so don't worry about your wine.
Every winery needs a separate license from each state which is why your state isn't listed.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

webdev511


quality posts: 38 Private Messages webdev511
mikegberg wrote:Used Automobile Parts Dessert 375ml - 3 pack

$74.99 {Normally priced 135.00) 44% off list price



Cellar is full after the woot off, but not for three teeny tiny bottles. :D

timothyc273


quality posts: 2 Private Messages timothyc273

Could someone give me a quick overview about their general take and experience with the Used Automobile Parts portfolio of wines? I've never actually tried any of their line, but it certainly sounds interesting.

Based on that, would their dessert wine be good?

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman

This sounds right up my alley for port-style dessert wine. Anybody have any experience with this one in particular? In particular, comparisons to Twisted Oak Pig Stai or Fenestra's port would be wonderful.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

mikegberg


quality posts: 56 Private Messages mikegberg
timothyc273 wrote:Could someone give me a quick overview about their general take and experience with the Used Automobile Parts portfolio of wines? I've never actually tried any of their line, but it certainly sounds interesting.

Based on that, would their dessert wine be good?



Their red blend seems to do well on cellartracker, but it'd be hard to extrapolate based solely on those reviews. The winery is responsible for the Smoking Loon and Crusher lines, for whatever that's worth.

"There are more old wine drinkers than old doCTors." -François Rabelais

tenuki


quality posts: 7 Private Messages tenuki

Possibly worst tasting notes ever short of it tastes winey but I blame them for forgetting to open it until the very end. The sum of my notes is "good smooth port". Sorry, no flavor profile at all.

CT

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
webdev511 wrote:Cellar is full after the woot off, but not for three teeny tiny bottles. :D



You'll be sorry! Even after 2 days of buying more wine on the RPM Tour, I still went in on this one.


We tasted it last month at the gathering at WCC (June 28th), and I didn't bring my notes with me. I just know it was really, really good.

I remember it was smooth and rich. Seemed perfect for after dinner dessert and/or cigars.

While I like Wellington Estate Old Vine Ports ($25), I would rank this better. In fact, IIRC from the tasting, I would rank this higher than most non-Port ports/dessert wines except for the Vincent Arroyo PS Port.

More than the 2007 Ty Caton PS Dessert Wine, Prager PS Ports, Scott Harvey Forte, Pedroncelli 4 Grapes Port, & TO's Pig Stai.

It was very tasty.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

neilfindswine


quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

tenuki wrote:Possibly worst tasting notes ever short of it tastes winey but I blame them for forgetting to open it until the very end. The sum of my notes is "good smooth port". Sorry, no flavor profile at all.



...we forgot to open it, until that error was subtlety pointed out by Sparky... ;)

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

ThunderThighs


quality posts: 605 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

tenuki wrote:Possibly worst tasting notes ever short of it tastes winey but I blame them for forgetting to open it until the very end. The sum of my notes is "good smooth port". Sorry, no flavor profile at all.


I think that's a tasting note, not notes.




FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

namlak


quality posts: 0 Private Messages namlak

This isn't quite the deal, except for the fact that this vintage (2005) is sold out, which I guess makes it OK for them to charge $25 for a half bottle. A couple of months ago, they were clearing out this vintage with full size bottles at $25 each. It is a very delicious blend and recommend it highly, but I get irked when I see Woot try and make something seem like a deal when it really isn't better than the first time they offered it.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

Damn you woot. If this offer was only 2 bottles @ $50 I would be in for sure. However, having just bought a car, I really have to think about this one now.

On another note, "dessert wine Friday" would be an awesome trend to start, though it would destroy my wallet.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

mellman99


quality posts: 2 Private Messages mellman99
namlak wrote:This isn't quite the deal, except for the fact that this vintage (2005) is sold out, which I guess makes it OK for them to charge $25 for a half bottle. A couple of months ago, they were clearing out this vintage with full size bottles at $25 each. It is a very delicious blend and recommend it highly, but I get irked when I see Woot try and make something seem like a deal when it really isn't better than the first time they offered it.



This...also noticed things from woot have been shipped by Amazon lately, guess this implies I'll have to start paying tax on my woot purchases too bad news bears...

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mellman99 wrote:This...also noticed things from woot have been shipped by Amazon lately, guess this implies I'll have to start paying tax on my woot purchases too bad news bears...



Wine will never be shipped by Amazon.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

dns12999


quality posts: 1 Private Messages dns12999
mellman99 wrote:This...also noticed things from woot have been shipped by Amazon lately, guess this implies I'll have to start paying tax on my woot purchases too bad news bears...



This is the trick that Amazon plays on you. They make it seem like you're saving money because you're not paying tax. However you are supposed to claim all these Amazon and woot and any other site that doesn't charge tax for that matter on your taxes. I would rather have it done at the time of purchase and not have to worry about it come April.

dalematthew


quality posts: 24 Private Messages dalematthew
mellman99 wrote:This...also noticed things from woot have been shipped by Amazon lately, guess this implies I'll have to start paying tax on my woot purchases too bad news bears...



Yes - I noticed that too. I thought it may just have been I hadn't bought from the other Woot sites for a while (really just Wine Woot nowadays) so had just missed that memo. No more woot boxes I guess.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
dns12999 wrote:This is the trick that Amazon plays on you. They make it seem like you're saving money because you're not paying tax. However you are supposed to claim all these Amazon and woot and any other site that doesn't charge tax for that matter on your taxes. I would rather have it done at the time of purchase and not have to worry about it come April.



Just an FYI, you don't have to claim anything for wine.woot purchases, as the notices provided all state that price includes taxes, where applicable. Not saying this will not change in the future, but this is how the wine.woot purchases have been for quite some time now.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
MarkDaSpark wrote:You'll be sorry! Even after 2 days of buying more wine on the RPM Tour, I still went in on this one.


We tasted it last month at the gathering at WCC (June 28th), and I didn't bring my notes with me. I just know it was really, really good.

I remember it was smooth and rich. Seemed perfect for after dinner dessert and/or cigars.

While I like Wellington Estate Old Vine Ports ($25), I would rank this better. In fact, IIRC from the tasting, I would rank this higher than most non-Port ports/dessert wines except for the Vincent Arroyo PS Port.

More than the 2007 Ty Caton PS Dessert Wine, Prager PS Ports, Scott Harvey Forte, Pedroncelli 4 Grapes Port, & TO's Pig Stai.

It was very tasty.



In for one based on your comments. I had a set of three of their 2005 Cab in the cellar and picked up another 2 sets during the wootoff based on the comments on how great it was drinking. Haven't gotten into a bottle yet.

I got into a bottle of the 2004 Astrale e Terre Syrah many people were trashing during the wootoff earlier this week. Had it with a grilled dry-aged ribeye. It's a nice wine....glad I got another set of 5 during the wootoff.

Depending on other comments on this one, I may jump in for another since I unlocked the FREE SHIPPING for other purchases....that's probably why I also jumped in on the 2007 Clos LaChance Late Harvest Semillon - Nectar.

MarkDaSpark


quality posts: 187 Private Messages MarkDaSpark
bobrush12866 wrote:In for one based on your comments. I had a set of three of their 2005 Cab in the cellar and picked up another 2 sets during the wootoff based on the comments on how great it was drinking. Haven't gotten into a bottle yet.

I got into a bottle of the 2004 Astrale e Terre Syrah many people were trashing during the wootoff earlier this week. Had it with a grilled dry-aged ribeye. It's a nice wine....glad I got another set of 5 during the wootoff.

Depending on other comments on this one, I may jump in for another since I unlocked the FREE SHIPPING for other purchases....that's probably why I also jumped in on the 2007 Clos LaChance Late Harvest Semillon - Nectar.



I pushed the button on the LH Semillon as well. I think I was able to taste it on Tuesday or Wednesday during the joint gathering on Tuesday or the Partay on Wednesday. It was good. Really good.


Someone has to put WD's kids thru college, but why does it have to be me!
*This post is for purposes of enabling only, and does not constitute any promise of helping pay for said enabling. It does indicate willingness to assist in drinking said wine.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
MarkDaSpark wrote:I pushed the button on the LH Semillon as well. I think I was able to taste it on Tuesday or Wednesday during the joint gathering on Tuesday or the Partay on Wednesday. It was good. Really good.



Glad to hear that about the LaChance LH since it's now too late!

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
webdev511 wrote:Cellar is full after the woot off, but not for three teeny tiny bottles. :D


I like how you think! :D

North316 wrote:An another note, "dessert wine Friday" would be an awesome trend to start, though it would destroy my wallet.


Oooooh, that's a cool idea.

I'm just hanging out, really.

ScottHarveyWines


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines

Tim Spencer's Port Varietal Vineyard in Amador county was one of the first. Back in the 80's his early wines were custom crushed at Santino winery while I was the winemaker. I got to know Tim well and shared many a bottle of wine with him. He was a wonderful person.
The winemaker Richard Bruno is a good winemaker. He worked with me at Folie a Deux and was there during the development of Menage a Trois and the Folie a Deux Amador Port wines.

bobrush12866


quality posts: 8 Private Messages bobrush12866
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Tim Spencer's Port Varietal Vineyard in Amador county was one of the first. Back in the 80's his early wines were custom crushed at Santino winery while I was the winemaker. I got to know Tim well and shared many a bottle of wine with him. He was a wonderful person.
The winemaker Richard Bruno is a good winemaker. He worked with me at Folie a Deux and was there during the development of Menage a Trois and the Folie a Deux Amador Port wines.



Scott: How many u in for?

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
MarkDaSpark wrote:You'll be sorry! Even after 2 days of buying more wine on the RPM Tour, I still went in on this one.

We tasted it last month at the gathering at WCC (June 28th), and I didn't bring my notes with me. I just know it was really, really good.

I remember it was smooth and rich. Seemed perfect for after dinner dessert and/or cigars.

While I like Wellington Estate Old Vine Ports ($25), I would rank this better. In fact, IIRC from the tasting, I would rank this higher than most non-Port ports/dessert wines except for the Vincent Arroyo PS Port.

More than the 2007 Ty Caton PS Dessert Wine, Prager PS Ports, Scott Harvey Forte, Pedroncelli 4 Grapes Port, & TO's Pig Stai.

It was very tasty.



Thanks sparky! Damn you sparky!

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

klezman


quality posts: 130 Private Messages klezman
ScottHarveyWines wrote:Tim Spencer's Port Varietal Vineyard in Amador county was one of the first. Back in the 80's his early wines were custom crushed at Santino winery while I was the winemaker. I got to know Tim well and shared many a bottle of wine with him. He was a wonderful person.
The winemaker Richard Bruno is a good winemaker. He worked with me at Folie a Deux and was there during the development of Menage a Trois and the Folie a Deux Amador Port wines.



Thanks for chiming in, Scott! Great to see you and Jana on Wednesday night, and sorry I'm going to miss tonight's party.

2014: 42 bottles. Last wine.woot: 2012 Iron Horse Estate Chardonnay
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
MarkDaSpark wrote:I pushed the button on the LH Semillon as well. I think I was able to taste it on Tuesday or Wednesday during the joint gathering on Tuesday or the Partay on Wednesday. It was good. Really good.



I also got in on the LH Semillon despite having missed the tasting opp but apparently I am an all-you-can-ship rookie since I bought it at 11pm and lost free shipping an hour later. Would have gone in on the Used Automobile Parts as well if the free shipping had stayed in effect but my wallet just breathed a sigh of relief so it's all good!

kylemittskus


quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
chipgreen wrote:I also got in on the LH Semillon despite having missed the tasting opp but apparently I am an all-you-can-ship rookie since I bought it at 11pm and lost free shipping an hour later. Would have gone in on the Used Automobile Parts as well if the free shipping had stayed in effect but my wallet just breathed a sigh of relief so it's all good!



I doubled up on the Nectar. One set is for my mom, though.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
chipgreen wrote:I also got in on the LH Semillon despite having missed the tasting opp but apparently I am an all-you-can-ship rookie since I bought it at 11pm and lost free shipping an hour later. Would have gone in on the Used Automobile Parts as well if the free shipping had stayed in effect but my wallet just breathed a sigh of relief so it's all good!



I will pretend to ignore your interest in this, for both of our wallet's sake.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

neilfindswine


quality posts: 173 Private Messages neilfindswine

Guest Blogger

namlak wrote:This isn't quite the deal, except for the fact that this vintage (2005) is sold out, which I guess makes it OK for them to charge $25 for a half bottle. A couple of months ago, they were clearing out this vintage with full size bottles at $25 each. It is a very delicious blend and recommend it highly, but I get irked when I see Woot try and make something seem like a deal when it really isn't better than the first time they offered it.



Note: The full size bottles featured here on Woot a few months ago were the Napa Bordeaux blend... NOT this wine- This is their dessert wine, thus the half-bottles.

I report to winedavid39...
...I like getting PM's from wannabe rodents...

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber

Any chance someone has tasted both this and the 1980 Gould Campbell Porto Vintage? From the description, they seem to have similar flavor profiles.

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
North316 wrote:Damn you woot. If this offer was only 2 bottles @ $50 I would be in for sure. However, having just bought a car, I really have to think about this one now.

On another note, "dessert wine Friday" would be an awesome trend to start, though it would destroy my wallet.



What kind of car did you get?

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

mschauber


quality posts: 40 Private Messages mschauber
dns12999 wrote:This is the trick that Amazon plays on you. They make it seem like you're saving money because you're not paying tax. However you are supposed to claim all these Amazon and woot and any other site that doesn't charge tax for that matter on your taxes. I would rather have it done at the time of purchase and not have to worry about it come April.



So don't worry about it. Be like the other 320 million Americans. I can pretty much guarantee you your accountant's jaw would drop to the floor if you brought in a whole bunch of online receipts so he/she could calculate what you owe in sales tax. Then they'd start to laugh uncontrollably ;) LOL..

--
Hey you, out there in the cold; Getting lonely, getting old; Can you feel me? - Pink Floyd/Roger Waters
My CT

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mschauber wrote:So don't worry about it. Be like the other 320 million Americans. I can pretty much guarantee you your accountant's jaw would drop to the floor if you brought in a whole bunch of online receipts so he/she could calculate what you owe in sales tax. Then they'd start to laugh uncontrollably ;) LOL..


Aw folks, are we having another tax discussion in the product thread?

neilfindswine wrote:Note: The full size bottles featured here on Woot a few months ago were the Napa Bordeaux blend... NOT this wine- This is their dessert wine, thus the half-bottles.


Good to know, thanks!

I'm just hanging out, really.

North316


quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
mschauber wrote:What kind of car did you get?



2012 Corolla.

No used automobile parts there...

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

time2testit


quality posts: 14 Private Messages time2testit

Love that Vincent Arroyo PS Port Sparky! We don't drink much port here and I definitely don't need (or have room for) 3 of these but....

chipgreen


quality posts: 202 Private Messages chipgreen
North316 wrote:I will pretend to ignore your interest in this, for both of our wallet's sake.



I hear ya'... not that the extra $5 shipping should be a deal-breaker anyway but it's the mental block of knowing that if I had waited an hour to buy the LHS I could have had free shipping on this one.

Congrats on the new car! I didn't forget you on the tour, picked up a bottle I think you'll like check your PMs.

bszmajda


quality posts: 0 Private Messages bszmajda
dns12999 wrote:This is the trick that Amazon plays on you. They make it seem like you're saving money because you're not paying tax. However you are supposed to claim all these Amazon and woot and any other site that doesn't charge tax for that matter on your taxes. I would rather have it done at the time of purchase and not have to worry about it come April.



I was sitting here asking my CPA if she thought we could use some red dessert wine when I read this--and asked her about it. She laughed me to scorn: "Where do you report such unpaid taxes? Not any 1040 I know."

mfwwoot


quality posts: 4 Private Messages mfwwoot
namlak wrote:This isn't quite the deal, except for the fact that this vintage (2005) is sold out, which I guess makes it OK for them to charge $25 for a half bottle. A couple of months ago, they were clearing out this vintage with full size bottles at $25 each. It is a very delicious blend and recommend it highly, but I get irked when I see Woot try and make something seem like a deal when it really isn't better than the first time they offered it.



The Red Blend was in 750mls while the Dessert wine was only in 375mls. Sorry for the confusion.

inkycatz


quality posts: 105 Private Messages inkycatz
mfwwoot wrote:The Red Blend was in 750mls while the Dessert wine was only in 375mls. Sorry for the confusion.



No worries, thanks for dropping in!

I'm just hanging out, really.

ScottHarveyWines


quality posts: 157 Private Messages ScottHarveyWines
bobrush12866 wrote:Scott: How many u in for?



I have a lot of port in the cellar already which hopefully the wooters will help me deplete tonight with some good cigars.