billsklar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billsklar

Why is Woot saying this can't ship to NV?

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316
billsklar wrote:Why is Woot saying this can't ship to NV?

They aren't. Nevada is listed on the ship-to state list.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

PemberDucky

quality posts: 41 Private Messages PemberDucky

Staff

billsklar wrote:Why is Woot saying this can't ship to NV?

NV stands for North Virginia.

I kid! But seriously, we list which states the wines *can* be shipped to.

"Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:"

Hopefully that brings help and sunshine to you!

-----------------------------------------------
Not sure if you should post that? This slightly-nsfw-flowchart will help.

hiten900

quality posts: 10 Private Messages hiten900

I did order the Syrah when it came up on 24th Jan 2012. And I enjoyed it enough to order one now. A dollar less expensive this time around.

I don't manage to smell/taste all the different aromas and flavors, but I do know what I like. And I liked this - both the aroma and taste.

billsklar

quality posts: 1 Private Messages billsklar
PemberDucky wrote:NV stands for North Virginia.

I kid! But seriously, we list which states the wines *can* be shipped to.

"Thanks to stick-in-the-mud buzzkilling state legislators, wine may only be delivered to the following states:"

Hopefully that brings help and sunshine to you!

When I go to check-out, Woot says no can due because of where I live. I've had wines Wooted here before so I'm super bummed. WOOT CAN YOU HELP ME OUT??

klezman

quality posts: 123 Private Messages klezman
merbill wrote:That'll be up to Klez, and right now I think he's partying his @$$ off at the WineFarm.

I am SO jealous.

I most certainly was, and you're right to be jealous Seriosuly, though, I'm sad to miss the rest of the tour and also sorry you couldn't make it.

As for the Nectar, I was happy to take half of Kyle's order, but I'm flexible. Currently I owe you $15 after the wine exchange, but I'm not sure I want 4 of this. If it'd be easier to split it 3 for each of us and Kyle split elsewhere that's fine with me.

2014: 32 bottles. Last wine.woot: Scott Harvey Jana Cathedral 3 L
2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

quality posts: 231 Private Messages kylemittskus

If that works for you gents, my mom wants in, so that's best for me.

Grabbing mine at 10 tonight in hopes that I'll want whatever tonight's offer is.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

merbill

quality posts: 29 Private Messages merbill
klezman wrote:I most certainly was, and you're right to be jealous Seriosuly, though, I'm sad to miss the rest of the tour and also sorry you couldn't make it.

As for the Nectar, I was happy to take half of Kyle's order, but I'm flexible. Currently I owe you $15 after the wine exchange, but I'm not sure I want 4 of this. If it'd be easier to split it 3 for each of us and Kyle split elsewhere that's fine with me.

Not really looking for 3. One is my preferred qty, though 2 is OK. I don't drink much dessert wine (maybe that should change), but I have an inexpensive Sauternes and wanted to compare the 2. Hopefully you (& M), Kyle, and his Mom can split 10 or 11 between you all. If it doesn't work with my 1 or 2, that's OK too.

3X Wine Wooters FFL Champion, Commissioner, and Monkey Prize recipient
RPM Tours #2 & #4 Tourista
Wine Century Club Member #919

kylemittskus

Hmm....

I'm grabbing a set tonight. I want three. If you (Bill) and Klez want to split the other three, that works or if Klez wants all three, that works too. I'll give mom one of mine.

So, I'll order and set 3 aside for Klez. What you two do is cool with me.

merbill

kylemittskus wrote:Hmm....

I'm grabbing a set tonight. I want three. If you (Bill) and Klez want to split the other three, that works or if Klez wants all three, that works too. I'll give mom one of mine.

So, I'll order and set 3 aside for Klez. What you two do is cool with me.

Cool with me too. If Klez wants to throw 1 of his 3 my way, great. If not, oh well.

Kyle, you need to make it to a gathering. Its not like you're the one who's pregnant!

kylemittskus

merbill wrote:Cool with me too. If Klez wants to throw 1 of his 3 my way, great. If not, oh well.

Kyle, you need to make it to a gathering. Its not like you're the one who's pregnant!

I know, I know. Next gathering, I am going to make a serious effort to make sure my schedule is clear.

klezman

merbill wrote:Cool with me too. If Klez wants to throw 1 of his 3 my way, great. If not, oh well.

Ok, I'll see how it shakes out. Current plan was molarchae was taking two and I was taking one

So there's no particular need for me to purchase this one, unless I decide that taking 4 for me and molarchae then sending 2 to merbill is the right answer.

2013: 66 bottles, 2012: 91 bottles, 2011: 92 bottles, 2010: 74 bottles, 2009: 30 bottles, 2008: 3 bottles My CT

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Ok, I'll see how it shakes out. Current plan was molarchae was taking two and I was taking one

So there's no particular need for me to purchase this one, unless I decide that taking 4 for me and molarchae then sending 2 to merbill is the right answer.

If you want 2 and Bill wants 2, then you're set and mom and I are set. Or I'll send 3 your way and Bill and mom get none. 3 intelligent men should be able to figure this out, guys.

By the way, we're talking about $9/btl shipped, so not much investment.

merbill

kylemittskus wrote:If you want 2 and Bill wants 2, then you're set and mom and I are set. Or I'll send 3 your way and Bill and mom get none. 3 intelligent men should be able to figure this out, guys.

By the way, we're talking about $9/btl shipped, so not much investment.

My brain hurts!

klezman

merbill wrote:My brain hurts!

Mine too, although only a bit. The wildcard here is that we don't know how many bottles kyle actually wants. It may end up being simplest for kyle to get 2 sets and dole them out. I'm sure sparky would take and remaining bottles

Edit: molarchae will take three, and I'll take one. Bill, that leaves you with two from my order. I'm going to put it in now. Kyle, split with your mom.

North316

quality posts: 107 Private Messages North316

As much as I really want this Nectar, I'm going to be good and pass in light of just purchasing a new car. Maybe my trading buddy will save me a bottle as I noticed that he bought a 6 pack.

My CT
"Trust your homies on the net", Clark Smith.
R.I.P. Inkycatz - Feb. 2013

kylemittskus

klezman wrote:Mine too, although only a bit. The wildcard here is that we don't know how many bottles kyle actually wants. It may end up being simplest for kyle to get 2 sets and dole them out. I'm sure sparky would take and remaining bottles

Edit: molarchae will take three, and I'll take one. Bill, that leaves you with two from my order. I'm going to put it in now. Kyle, split with your mom.

Hahah! I grabbed 2 sets. I guess mom is getting a full set and so am I. Works for me.

We are all awesome.

klezman

kylemittskus wrote:Hahah! I grabbed 2 sets. I guess mom is getting a full set and so am I. Works for me.

We are all awesome.

Enablers, all of us.

vcalhoun

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vcalhoun

Ordered on July 26 and still have not received my wine? What is the deal woot? I had no problem ordering and expected to see an update or maybe that it had been shipped. Nothing..... Anyone else have a problem with this?

kylemittskus

vcalhoun wrote:Ordered on July 26 and still have not received my wine? What is the deal woot? I had no problem ordering and expected to see an update or maybe that it had been shipped. Nothing..... Anyone else have a problem with this?

I haven't received my wine or a notification yet, but not a problem. Summer's a'raging so I figure WD is holding the wine until it drops below 110 degrees.

Edit: just got my shipment notification email.